GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a person be a member of Great Waters and play golf there without living in the neighborhood? That would bring in a great deal more people than just residents to the neighborhood.

Can someone just pay the greens fee and play the course...I seriously doubt this. I would assume all guests would have to be with members or sponsored by a member.

You know, though I can totally understand that the adult children needed/wanted to head back to their own out-of-state homes and/or didn't feel up to attending the vigil -- believe me, I understand! -- I can't help but wonder just a tiny bit if maybe they were advised not to attend/to leave the area -- LE might feel they could be in danger if too visible? Would fit with SOME of the theories we've discussed, anyhow.

Their adult children leaving the area has probably already been discussed with some of you here on WS already.

I am a bit taken aback that they have all left already. I mean, I don't know anything about their family history or how close everyone is but this is their 87 year old mother and grandmother.

Your father/grandfather has just been found decapitated and they took his damn head with them and your mother/grandmother is now gone, probably abducted along with the head! Today is Mother's Day! What the what?

If my grandma was in this situation (she is closest to their age in my family) I would not leave yet. Especially on Mother's Day weekend.

IMO, JMO, MOO..........

BTW - Backwoods...I was just bouncing off your post, I didn't mean to make it sound like I was taking issue with your opinion at all. :peace:

The "kids" are in their 60s, I believe. It does strike me odd that they already left the area UNLESS they were advised to do so by LE. Still, the two sons and daughter could be easily found by a nefarious person. At this point, all three must be in terrible shock. And this is the best way for them to handle their grief right now it appears.

I went back to work the day after my mom died at 90 because everything was already handled and it was expected and I needed to keep my mind otherwise occupied. We all handle grief differently.

Which, from that perspective would give a different take on their son's comment: "“There’s nobody who met her that didn’t love her,” the son said, adding, “and she never gossiped.”

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/09/3089222/autopsy-sheds-little-light-on.html?sp=/99/148/#storylink=cpy

Yeah! I'm wondering was that a shot at someone. . . like the neighbors or the people the sheriff referred to as starting rumors. Surprised the kids didn't hang around longer either. I mean at least to see if their mother surfaced or LE got a break in the case which could happen quickly.

The "kids" are in their 60s, I believe. It does strike me odd that they already left the area UNLESS they were advised to do so by LE. Still, the two sons and daughters could be easily found by a nefarious person. At this point, all three must be in terrible shock. And this is the best way for them to handle their grief right now.

I agree, if LE advised them to go then they should go but...

What IF Ms Dermond is found alive....wouldn't she want her family there? Who would be there to give her hugs and kisses?

Didn't it take them several days to arrive there in the first place? If that is the case, this family is responding very differently to how my family would respond to the same situation and my extended family is far from your close knit, lovey dovey family.

IMO, JMO, MOO

I have some questions about living in a gated community such as this one:

1. Are there HOA fees and if there are HOA fees, what exactly would those cover? The 24 hour security? The security cameras?

2. Were the security cameras left up to individual home owners within the community or a benefit of living within the community?

3. If the security cameras were part of the HOA, why weren't they working or turned on?

4. Were homeowners aware that the cameras weren't turned on?

5. Was security aware that the cameras weren't turned on or not working?

I feel like the adult children of the Dermond's are probably being advised by lawyers and LE.
IMO they are not in the area for a reason.
I don't know what the reason is, but they can't stay in the parents home. Perhaps LE wants them home in case the killer calls with information about their mother?
I just don't know.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

1. Are there HOA fees and if there are HOA fees, what exactly would those cover? The 24 hour security? The security cameras?

2. Were the security cameras left up to individual home owners within the community or a benefit of living within the community?

3. If the security cameras were part of the HOA, why weren't they working or turned on?

Too pricey for my pocket book.
AND - unacceptable that ANY camera wasn't functional IMO.

http://www.southeastdiscovery.com/community/reynolds-plantation.php

Social Membership:* Initiation Deposits from $10,000

Golf Membership:* Initiation Deposits from $35,000/1 Golf Course; Up to $110,000/ Multiple Golf Course Options

Membership Initiation Deposits are Fully Refundable.

Monthly dues:* From $98/month to $664/month

Annual Property Owner Association Fees:* $995/year

It appears that the covenants for Great Waters can be found here. Skimming it I immediately noticed that newspaper boxes are prohibited by the HOA.

2.3.19. Mailboxes shall be of such design and location as approved by the ARB. Name logos may be approved to be located on mailboxes by the ARB. Newspaper holders or boxes affixed to mailboxes or mailbox posts are strictly prohibited.

Notes no "for sale" signs, either.

http://reynoldsplantationblog.typep...restated-declaration-of-covenants-redline.pdf

It appears that the covenants for Great Waters can be found here. Skimming it I immediately noticed that newspaper boxes are prohibited by the HOA.

2.3.19. Mailboxes shall be of such design and location as approved by the ARB. Name logos may be approved to be located on mailboxes by the ARB. Newspaper holders or boxes affixed to mailboxes or mailbox posts are strictly prohibited.

http://reynoldsplantationblog.typep...restated-declaration-of-covenants-redline.pdf

No wonder the Sheriff said their house is Immaculate!! :)
They follow the HOA guidelines/Rules to a "T"!
I was surprised at how MUCH is prohibited, although I know HOA's
have a lot of rules....
Thanks Grasshopper for the link!

Too pricey for my pocket book.
AND - unacceptable that ANY camera wasn't functional IMO.

http://www.southeastdiscovery.com/community/reynolds-plantation.php

Social Membership:* Initiation Deposits from $10,000

Golf Membership:* Initiation Deposits from $35,000/1 Golf Course; Up to $110,000/ Multiple Golf Course Options

Membership Initiation Deposits are Fully Refundable.

Monthly dues:* From $98/month to $664/month

Annual Property Owner Association Fees:* $995/year

Me too! I'm a member of the Red Neck Yacht Club!

I feel like the adult children of the Dermond's are probably being advised by lawyers and LE.
IMO they are not in the area for a reason.
I don't know what the reason is, but they can't stay in the parents home. Perhaps LE wants them home in case the killer calls with information about their mother?
I just don't know.
Moo

Guess it could also be that their true whereabouts are just being "veiled" -- either for safety reasons or just simply to protect them from (probably mostly well-meaning) local neighbors and friends of their parents who might ask questions about the investigation, etc. (I know LE often can't share a whole lot with families, but they would know a little more, at least, than the general public, simply from the questions LE would have been asking them, etc.)

Thank you Grasshopper! I'm reading through now. Page 18 of 157. Picky, picky, picky. This one rules me out immediately (besides the price):

2.3.13. No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on the property subject to this
Amended and Restated Declaration, except that dogs, cats or other household pets may be kept by their
respective Owner thereof, provided they are not kept in excessive numbers and do not endanger the
health or, in the sole discretion of the Association, disturb the Owner of any other Lot or Dwelling
Unit. Any and all accommodations for dogs, cats or household pets shall be subject to approval by the
ARB and shall be designed in such manner as to be sanitary. Any pet roaming off any Owner's Lot not
on a leash and under control of an Owner or the Owner's guest is per se deemed a nuisance. All animals
roaming off any Owner's Lot must be on a leash and under the control of an Owner or that Owner's
guest at all times.
I have livestock and :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

So how do you sell a home without advertising?

2.3.18. No "For Sale" signs, "Open House Signs", "For Rent" or any other type or form of marketing signs
shall be allowed on any Lot or Dwelling Unit, whether positioned inside or outside such Lot or
Dwelling Unit or along any right-of-way of any roadway; other signs of all nature and kind are
prohibited unless a certificate of approval is received from the ARB. The ARB may exclude any sign
which, in its discretion, are not in the best interest of Reynolds. "For Sale" and "For Rent" signs are
specifically prohibited in any form. The ARB or its authorized agents or employees may at any time
enter upon the property (Lot or Dwelling Unit) and remove such signs as the ARB, in the exercise of its
sole discretion, may deem necessary or advisable.

Dr. Dave Davis'- profile of killer disputed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/geo...ile-psychiatrist-says-suspect-is-mentally-ill

I saw that yesterday and decided against linking it -- I think Examiner articles are verboten here unless by certain writers and I never can remember which are allowed! Was kinda glad somebody was taking issue, though. I'm still not sure that doc (Davis) is truly qualified to give a forensic profile. (He may be, but I just haven't seen any proof other than the MSM article calling him "a criminal profiler".)

Maybe they took the head because there was a wound on it that would make it easier to trace to the perp. It is much easier to transport and dispose of a head than an entire body. As for kidnapping the wife, the same principle applies. Maybe they realized they would have two bodies to dispose of so they took her alive and killed her where she wouldn't be found right away. I'm sorry to sound so grim.

I wonder if the family or associates of the person who murdered their son in 2000 have been located and checked out. It has been 14 years...long enough for someone who was just a child when the killer went to prison to grow up and extract revenge. I have no idea if the guy had kids or not or even if his family bears a grudge.

I guess this rules out someone living outside the home on their property too:

2.3.9. No shack, garage, outbuilding or other appurtenant structure shall be used for residential purposes
unless expressly approved by the ARB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member