GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading along this thread and I have never been to this site. I came upon it when I was googling about the case. It is SO sad and I honestly had my own opinion that it was mob related, but I don't know after reading some of your opinions. I have several friends in LE and they all say that if the case can be solved, Howard Sills WILL solve it. He is known for his investigative skills. I pray he does.
:wagon: :greetings: :welcome4: :welcome6:

Glad to have you aboard. Local input is most welcome! I read a very good article about Sheriff Sills. I believe he can solve this case too!

BBL! Going to look for the info for the distance to the gate to the Dermonds' house. Perhaps someone else local an enlighten me again.

Why take the head?

DiD he bite the person and DNA is in his mouth of the person responsible.
Took the wife because she can identify the person responsible.
Nothing disturbed because it was not a stranger? They were not startled
Not caught off guard.
JMO

I just had a thought about this... The perp(s) took the head of the family.

I doubt ballistics. So much easier to hide and then get rid of a weapon or remove evidence (DNA prints) from it. but to risk removing and then leave carrying a human head just to hide ballistics seems an insane move. Literally.

RE; seems an insane move;

The actions of a sadistic sexual psychopath should seem insane, tlcya..
It is difficult to remove/eliminate touch dna from a victim's hair, tlyca, also possible body fluids of the perp...

Psychopathic Sexual Sadists
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/articles/psexsad.htm

rsbm

Doesn't it seem odd that a person who drowned in a lake was located THAT quickly? I obviously don't know the circumstances or where she was found (shallow water? face down in shallow water? etc) but most people who drown in a lake aren't quickly found; they sink to the bottom and it can take a few days depending on water temp for decomposition gases to build in the body such that they begin rise in the water, and can be carried but any currents, until the rise to the surface.

Just seems odd to me, if times are in fact correct, that she was located by LE 20 minutes after LE was called. ??

OT slightly, but I just read about a gentleman who went missing, he went down in a lake during the winter. It was 1 1/2 years before his body surfaced because the lake was so deep and cold.

Don't have a link, but I do remember the body was located of the RA was very quickly and quickly ruled accidental...

Yes...But I was shopping nearby over the weekend and heard one lady say she had never been stopped at the gate. She said they would motion her on through every time she entered. So as I was checking out, I mentioned it to the two people at the register. Both said they had always been stopped. Probably depended on who was working the gate as to how secure the neighborhood was. IMO.
I use to babysit years ago in Reynolds and the homeowners ALWAYS had to call the gate and give my name. They have 2 lanes. One for homeowners with stickers and the other that comes right up to the guard house. Surely, with the Ritz there now and all the celebrities that frequent it, they don't just wave regular joes on through?? I hope not.

What blogger?? (notice I have 2 question marks this time.):facepalm:

My question is this....if they cut the head off in the garage, why was there no blood spatters?

rsbm

Doesn't it seem odd that a person who drowned in a lake was located THAT quickly? I obviously don't know the circumstances or where she was found (shallow water? face down in shallow water? etc) but most people who drown in a lake aren't quickly found; they sink to the bottom and it can take a few days depending on water temp for decomposition gases to build in the body such that they begin rise in the water, and can be carried but any currents, until the rise to the surface.

Just seems odd to me, if times are in fact correct, that she was located by LE 20 minutes after LE was called. ??

I read her son found her before LE responded.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I have gone back and forth, reading all of your posts. I am worried about the reasoning of the children being so quiet, and going back to work this quick, without knowing the whereabouts of their mom. They may know something we don't, or maybe there was no love lost in this family, no matter the circumstances. Still. Maybe LE encouraged them to get out of town, who knows?

I initially felt this must be a a repeated offender of the elderly. I still do lean that way. I just hope there is an explanation for the kids.

My question is this....if they cut the head off in the garage, why was there no blood spatters?

If a person is dead and their heart is no longer pumping blood, no blood is flowing...so if you decapitate a dead body, no blood splatter.

I use to babysit years ago in Reynolds and the homeowners ALWAYS had to call the gate and give my name. They have 2 lanes. One for homeowners with stickers and the other that comes right up to the guard house. Surely, with the Ritz there now and all the celebrities that frequent it, they don't just wave regular joes on through?? I hope not.

I would hope not also. That's why I questioned it because I couldn't believe what she was saying. I would venture to guess it is secure now. Sad to even think that.

Now this article makes me have hope this will be solved. I was under the impression they had found no forensic evidence at the scene. That doesn't seem to be the case.

What a relief!

Yep oceanblueeyes, positive news for a change. Now, hoping that they have the perp's dna and or prints, and that they can find a match in the database...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010