GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this be a son? If there is a connection, wonder if the killer in this case is still behind bars? He (the suspect) was found guilty but went through a series of appeals. Can't find anything documented since 2006. Took place in Atlanta.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ga-supreme-court/1185576.html

Not sure how far we can take this within TOS -- but I am finding that the Mr. Dermond who was just murdered is linked in some searches to a person with the name MD, same as the deceased in your link.

ETA: Some info on the perp in that case:
(I've removed what I had here earlier and replacing it with this, as this is more official.)
(REMOVED INOPERABLE LINK TO SEARCH RESULT)

<sigh> well it won't let me link the search results, but you can go here and search for that offender name:

http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/OffenderQuery/jsp/OffQryForm.jsp

Still in prison.

You guys are all over this....great sleuthing.
Still can't figure out the motive for something like this.
So horrible.

Not sure how far we can take this within TOS -- but I am finding that the Mr. Dermond who was just murdered is linked in some searches to a person with the name MD, same as the deceased in your link.

(respectfully snipped)

I also found the person named MD as a relative of Russell and Shirley Dermond. From my research it looks like he is still alive (around 60 years old) and living in the Southwest US.

One of the articles posted earlier today said that Mr & Mrs Dermond have three children that all live out of state.

I also found the person named MD as a relative of Russell and Shirley Dermond. From my research it looks like he is still alive (around 60 years old) and living in the Southwest US.

One of the articles posted earlier today said that Mr & Mrs Dermond have three children that all live out of state.

So likely that little detour we just did was a wild goose chase -- if so, sorry folks!

One thought, though -- MD who was killed in incident linked could be a grandson...?

But maybe no relation at all...

Well, their house is worth 1 million, I hope they checked the bank accts. Why would they take her? IMO

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/05/06/putnam-man-killed-wife-missing/8785833/

According to Putnam County tax records, the Dermonds' home and property on Carolyn Drive is valued at over $1 million. It includes a boat dock on Lake Oconee.

According to online records, the home is in Reynolds Plantation's Great Waters gated community, built around a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.

They purchased the land in 1994, according to tax records.

AND IT'S NEAR WATER

pictures showed a dock at the house, as it not? and tax records are fair market value, not appraised value

Dang, here we go again, this is getting eery, we have a place near SM and LG murder and also one up at sinclair ! I'm headed there tomorrow but kind of leary. I do pray for this family! IT's a terrible tragedy! My Auntie lives alone at 82, in a wonderful neighborhood, no one's safe

Gosh hollye....we've been here too long! I was thinking the same exact thing. I hated to say it but that's the first thing I thought of. Perhaps something about the situation leads them to believe that she didn't do it.

well for one, he was beheaded, she's 87 AND the body was moved 13wmaz article says

Something seems weird here with what we were looking at, but I don't think I can take it any further under TOS right now. I may be wrong, anyhow.

Why would Mrs. Dermond be removed from the home, instead of killed like Mr. Dermond?
He was in the garage? Was he trying to flee from the perp?
or interferring with an abduction.

I saw that she played Bridge, and her phone number was out there for anyone to see, that's just dangerous

well for one, he was beheaded, she's 87 AND the body was moved 13wmaz article says

Hi, tomkat, good to see ya!

I don't think that info had come out yet at the time shefner posted the post you replied to.

Maybe somebody was paid to do it. Seems like a very angry murder.

Yeah i am reminded about the macon LG and SM case, and he wanted people to think she just "disappeared"

I wondered also if someone had been paid to rid of them for "reasons"

this one is just as senseless, all are horrific, but same as LG, all her personal effects were there too, like she just "disappeared"

Now this is weird.

I used the Georgia Offender Search (official GDOC) to search one of the pertinent names we've been discussing.

Brings up info on a guy described as white, blue eyes -- brings up a mugshot of a black guy.

I'll say no more... (Was an old record, anyhow...)

Hi, tomkat, good to see ya!

I don't think that info had come out yet at the time shefner posted the post you replied to.

Hey Backwoods, I gotta watch the dates on here i s'pose,

So yeah, here we go again, these are both tooooo close to my homes! One is over barely and another begun, what is UP these days, looks like shooting and robbing would be enough gratification for these psychos! I know htere's way more psychological aspects, just will never be NOT shocked by dismemberment

This was some kind of personal attack, both the murder and missing person crime imoo.
No way did the wife behead her husband. Elderly women usually are not that strong....usually.
Im thinking the husband was being robbed by someone the couple knew. Wife came home, the robber demanded money, the couple couldnt access any at that time so the husband was violently murdered. The wife was kidnapped to get the money .
All my rambling of course.
such a horrible crime. they lived a long life.............then this. :(

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/crime/2014/05/07/elderly-man-killed-wife-missing/8797059/

PUTNAM COUNTY, Ga. – Investigators are searching for answers after an 88-year-old man was murdered and his 87-year-old wife is missing from their Lake Oconee home.

According to Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, friends found the body of Russell Dermond in the garage of their home in the Great Waters Community. According to sources, Dermond had been beheaded.

Shirley Dermond was not at the home and authorities believe she may have been abducted.

Authorities believe the crimes occurred sometime between Friday and Sunday.

A son of the couple, Keith Dermond, asked anyone with information on the crimes to come forward.

"I would ask anybody that knows anything to please help us find our mother," Keith Dermond said.

Bradley Dermond, the couple's son, described his parents Wednesday morning to WMAZ as "salt of the Earth."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme