GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started following this on my local news and I knew you guys would be hashing it out here!

A couple of years ago I started having multiple break ins and even a peeping tom incident at my home. I didn't live in a million dollar neighborhood but a very nice neighborhood. Nobody could figure out WHO in the world would be doing this in such a safe and lovely neighborhood. After multiple incidences, it was discovered to be the adult son of my neighbor.

I mentioned that to say that apparently this guy was watching mine and my daughter's comings and goings and targeted us. His name wouldn't have necessarily been attached to the neighborhood since it was his mother's house and he was thirty something years old.

All that to say, I feel it could have been a visitor that was a familiar face in the neighborhood but may not have necessarily lived there.

Still doesn't really explain WHY tho... MAYBE being old school, they kept a lot of cash in the house. I mean how would anyone know what was really missing from the house if they didn't live with them?? I wouldn't know if anything was missing from MY mother's house.

I don't know... coincidence? First degree robbery means he either had a gun or injured someone. Five years is a long, long time for ATTEMPTED robbery. Seems like their son probably knew some seriously shady people after five years in Sing Sing and multiple years in GA prison.

Interesting that MD spent 5 years in Sing Sing for attempted first degree robbery, then ended up being murdered later on. I surmise he was the "black sheep" and didn't need money (due to wealthy parents) yet served time. Of course, we do not know the relationship with his parents.

I remember an FBI agent in Sacramento telling me years ago that very seldom is murder committed during a robbery (this was before so-called "home invasions"); that a robber is more than likely not a murderer.

I am thinking either thrill kill or revenge/hit. I am very disturbed that Mrs. D was removed (probably from the house because her purse was still there). And did they drag her to a boat, if that was the entry location?

Obviously, a psychopath or two are at the root of this crime. Remember the 17-year-old who dismembered 10-year-old Jessica in Colorado? And how about Jaren's dismemberment in Louisiana? SMH, it is all so senseless.

But this ... is beyond all evil ... an elderly couple, for god sakes. And I am sure the perp(s) are enjoying their evil-doing and lapping up everything they can find on their brutal and sick crimes.

Just curious how one goes from restaurant franchises and real estate to retiring from a mental health care facility

He didn't retire from a mental health care facility. The LinkedIn profile looks like a fake. There are about 30 others that just say the same thing. Besides the "Life Development Center" is really just a psychologist's office specializing in family and marriage counseling. It's not a "center" where people stay or anything.

Maybe it was somebody's lame attempt at social media marketing or tied to his identity theft or just simply a prank. There is no proof that he was tied to that office in any way. There are not many 80-somethings who have LinkedIn profiles.

He didn't retire from a mental health care facility. The LinkedIn profile looks like a fake. There are about 30 others that just say the same thing. Besides the "Life Development Center" is really just a psychologist's office specializing in family and marriage counseling. It's not an "center" where people stay or anything.

Maybe it was somebody's lame attempt at social media marketing or tied to his identity theft or just simply a prank. There is no proof that he was tied to that office in any way. There are not many 80-somethings who have LinkedIn profiles.

Very odd indeed!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

News update from wsbtv. "Former investigator sheds light on case of beheaded man, missing wife." Some interesting comments from an investigator not involved with the case. He mentions two possible scenarios: a serial killer and a drug/organized crime connection.

"As an investigator, first thing I would do is look at other parts of the country and see if there are other crimes that parallel this," ... The FBI is involved, at least in part because Shirley Dermond is missing. But they would also investigate a multistate serial killer.

Summers said investigators are also likely looking at a connection to organized crime.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/former-investigator-sheds-light-case-beheaded-man-/nfsSj/

BBM Why are they not searching for Mrs Dermonds? With all the property between houses in that neighborhood and lake water surrounding the area, they don't know where to look? Does LE know something about the fate of Mrs. D? This case is so strange to me.

Earlier today, Sills said they continue to look for clues in the disappearance of Dermond's wife Shirley, 88, but there's no physical search underway.

The sheriff's office has requested assistance from the FBI.

Earier today, Sills says, at this point, they simply wouldn't know where to look. Investigators have already used sonar to search Lake Oconee and looked in woods near the Dermonds' lakefront home, without success.

Makes no sense.
This says Stauthas is self- employed.
Maybe he treated Mr.Derbond but why list it on a LinkedIn profile?

Odd this Stauthas guy is from my area. He worked at Kennesaw College and is a therapist in Marietta as well.
https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?ses...n.com/pub/john-j-stathas-ph-d-lmft/12/292/b10

And, it appears his wife is a successful real estate agent with listings in Reynolds Plantation/Great Waters. Could be, they also were distant neighbors??

"Son of slain Putnam father, missing mother: ‘They didn’t deserve this’"

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/09/3089222/autopsy-sheds-little-light-on.html?sp=/99/148/#storylink=cpy

Does he know something or suspect someone?
In what seemed a plea to his father’s killer and his mother’s potential abductor, the son added, “Just tell us where she is. They didn’t deserve this. … It’s not fair. … They never hurt anybody.”

Also a little more about Mr. Dermond's work history.

Great Waters-Reynolds Plantation-Lake Oconee is not just for retirees or the elderly. This is not a retirement community like those seen in Florida. In fact they cater to young families as well. This is more like an elite subdivision

The Great Waters clubhouse complements the stunning Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course at Great Waters with a gracious design and relaxing atmosphere.

Here, you will find a golf shop, restaurant, adult pool, and a children's wading pool. The Great Waters swimming complex features a 60-foot lap pool, a children's wading pool, Jacuzzi-type spa, and a terrace where visitors can relax and enjoy dramatic views of the Great Waters course and Lake Oconee.

There’s a playground for entertaining little ones, and the community has a series of walking trails for exploring nature as well. At Great Waters you’ll find the perfect setting for special events, such as the annual July 4th fireworks display, a perennial favorite for residents of Reynolds Plantation.

https://www.reynoldsplantation.com/our-community/club-facilities/great-waters

"Son of slain Putnam father, missing mother: ‘They didn’t deserve this’"

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/09/3089222/autopsy-sheds-little-light-on.html?sp=/99/148/#storylink=cpy

Does he know something or suspect someone?

Also a little more about Mr. Dermond's work history.

It doesn't sound like it to me. I have seen countless loved ones that find themselves in this same situation say the same thing.

I would say the very same thing if this happened to my parents.

He is right, they are just an elderly couple living out their years together, and they certainly didn't deserve to be murdered and kidnapped.

I am afraid the children are never going to see their mom alive again. They may never recover her body either.

What a sad Mother's Day this will be for all of them, and then next month is Father's Day. :(

So tragic and heartbreaking to know they had lived so long and were very happy together only to have their lives end this way.:facepalm:

They are right........they didn't deserve any of this, and its so unfair. But murderers never do what is fair. They kill many who never deserved it and they don't care.
IMO

BBM Why are they not searching for Mrs Dermonds? With all the property between houses in that neighborhood and lake water surrounding the area, they don't know where to look? Does LE know something about the fate of Mrs. D? This case is so strange to me.

This is so wrong not searching for her.

I know this lake is huge but they should at least go to every nearby dock.

I have not heard about their cars being towed away for forensics testing.

The family should hire a PI.

Any locals here?

The killer if he did come by boat did he/she have to trespass on someones propety to get to their home?

Is there a public parking lot and boat ramp?

And, it appears his wife is a successful real estate agent with listings in Reynolds Plantation/Great Waters. Could be, they also were distant neighbors??

I wouldn't be surprised if they run in the same circles.
Who knows maybe they were friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members