GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had russell durmond ever been a scout leader or had foster children? It's also odd that all 3 kids live in other states and that the kids did not appear to check on their elderly parents by phone daily.

Do you know if they could have a back entrance where big trucks are allowed in rather than coming in through the front entrance?

Some of the gated communities around where I live don't want the big trucks coming in through the front entrance and the maintenance and construction crews have to come through another entrance to gain entry.

IMO

Thats true. Some gated communities have two entrances. Mine did, but we had to swipe a id card to get in. We also could watch from our television a live video of that entrance and see my family arriving.

I remember, and will never forget seeing crime scene photos of Colin Ferguson photos. Horrific.

Just an FYI;

GA Passed the Meredith Emerson Memorial Privacy Act (Crime Scene Photos)
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/10/meredith.emerson.photos/index.html

Georgia judge bars release of photos of hiker's nude ...

www.cnn.com/2010/.../03/.../meredith.emerson.../index.ht...
CNN
by Emanuella Grinberg -
Mar 11, 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Photos of the nude and decapitated body of a ... unanimously passed; "The Meredith Emerson Memorial Privacy Act,"

Why weren't there searches around the victims' home the very day of the discovery of Mr. D's body? That makes no sense.....
Those woods should have been searched by now....

Do you know if they could have a back entrance where big trucks are allowed in rather than coming in through the front entrance?

Some of the gated communities around where I live don't want the big trucks coming in through the front entrance and the maintenance and construction crews have to come through another entrance to gain entry.

IMO

From the map it looks like Reynolds Drive is the only road leading into the community. The gate is near the beginning of Reynolds Drive.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf...=us&ei=82lzU4eIJYa2yATY94HYDQ&ved=0CCoQ8gEwAA

Had russell durmond ever been a scout leader or had foster children? It's also odd that all 3 kids live in other states and that the kids did not appear to check on their elderly parents by phone daily.

I did notice that his son Bradley has an adopted daughter. I am curious as to why you asked that question.

Just an FYI;

GA Passed the Meredith Emerson Memorial Privacy Act (Crime Scene Photos)
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/10/meredith.emerson.photos/index.html

Georgia judge bars release of photos of hiker's nude ...

www.cnn.com/2010/.../03/.../meredith.emerson.../index.ht...
CNN
by Emanuella Grinberg -
Mar 11, 2010 - Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Photos of the nude and decapitated body of a ... unanimously passed; "The Meredith Emerson Memorial Privacy Act,"

The photos I saw were not released to the public. I worked in the police dept who handled that case..

How do you know they did not make contact with them daily?

Behavioral profiles are only one investigative tool of many in missing/murdered person's investigations.. Imo, after sizing up the crime scene, Sheriff Sills concluded immediately that this investigation was going to require the additional resources and assistance from the GBI and the FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit, Quantico, VA, due to the horrific nature of this evil crime..

Imo, the Dermond abduction/murder/decapitation was a lust murder meticulously carried out by a chameleon like sadistic psychopathic sexual predator, from within the gates. Imo, the perp had a prior or long standing relationship with the Dermonds, and had gained their trust while fantasizing and pre-planning this crime for some time in his deviant mind.
As a well known profiler said of an Oklahoma Pastor's heinous murder, 08/2009; "The Devil will be in the Details'...

Quote by Roger L. Depue - “Between Good and Evil” Author & Retired FBI (BSU)BAU Behavioral Profiler & Founder of The Academy Think Tank;

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.

Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.

Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it.
I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance.

But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

Foxfire, you summed up my personal beliefs about evil exactly!

I have been following (looking at) a few family members on FB... I find that two of them could care less about this situation. One is a granddaughter who first posted about her missing Grandmother... but has since bragged about how wonderful her boyfriend is but has not mentioned her grandmother again. The other is a daughter in law who has NOTHING to do with the Dermond side of the family.

I saw the granddaughter's message about her grandmother shared on a Georgia radio station's FB page. I was wondering if she might be Mark's daughter?

Hi, new here. Love the fact I have others to discuss cases with. All of my responses are pure speculation.

This case reminds me a bit of the John Wheeler case out of Delaware several New Year's Days ago. And for those of you familiar with it, will understand why.

There is always a way to get into a gated community without being seen. I know this because I live in one.

I believe there were 2 perps and they were professionals.
Russell was strangleed in the am outside the garage and then taken into the garage to be beheaded. The head was securely wrapped up to be disposed of "appropiately".
Dorothy was blindfolded and caught by suprise by perp#2 before she had a clue. Maybe she was.chloroformed. She was taken but not dumped anywhere....yet. No mess, no fuss.

Reason? To send a message. Russell is first, and Momma will be 2nd if the Piper is not paid. Both Shirley and Russell were expendable. Both in their 80's and lived good, full lives. Also, their demise may "loosen up' money to make it easier to pay the piper.

Again, total speculation but the only one that makes sense to me. Which means......I'm probably way off.

But I know who I'd be keeping an eye on.

Just an opinion.

Agree, imoo the adult children going home to different states is strange. I would never leave...id stay in a nearby hotel until LE found out something about my family members. Their mom is still missing for goodness sakes.

Im beginning to wonder if the children were estranged from their parents.

I'm right there with you. I wouldn't leave either. But I do think it's possible LE told them to go home.

As far as the kids being estranged. It was reported earlier (sorry, don't have a link) that their daughter spent Easter with them. So maybe she was closer to them than the boys. Or maybe the only child to be in constant contact.

I have been following (looking at) a few family members on FB... I find that two of them could care less about this situation. One is a granddaughter who first posted about her missing Grandmother... but has since bragged about how wonderful her boyfriend is but has not mentioned her grandmother again. The other is a daughter in law who has NOTHING to do with the Dermond side of the family.

I saw the same thing days ago. On 5/4 the DIL went to a Gaga concert. Seriously? Then posted about it. I didn't post anything since I didn't know if we were allowed to. IMO

We don't know if Mr. Dermond was a scout leader or if they were foster parents. I kind of doubt it, just based on the fact that he seemed very ambitious and wanted to build a business to ensure financial security for his children. I see him as the type of man that pretty much worked all the time, but that is just my opinion.

There was an article posted here a few days ago that said he worked for a clock company up until he was 58. He retired at that point and started buying fast food restaurants. The article stated that he wanted to build a business to leave to his children. He worked in the restaurant industry until he was in his mid to late 70's.

As for the kids living in different states and not checking in. We don't know how often they checked in. I live out of state from my parents and call them 2 or 3 times a week. My husband calls his mother about once a month. Our parents are about the same age as Mr and Mrs Dermond.

hi, new here. Love the fact i have others to discuss cases with. All of my responses are pure speculation.

This case reminds me a bit of the john wheeler case out of delaware several new year's days ago. And for those of you familiar with it, will understand why.

There is always a way to get into a gated community without being seen. I know this because i live in one.

I believe there were 2 perps and they were professionals.
Russell was strangleed in the am outside the garage and then taken into the garage to be beheaded. The head was securely wrapped up to be disposed of "appropiately".
Dorothy was blindfolded and caught by suprise by perp#2 before she had a clue. Maybe she was.chloroformed. She was taken but not dumped anywhere....yet. No mess, no fuss.

Reason? To send a message. Russell is first, and momma will be 2nd if the piper is not paid. Both shirley and russell were expendable. Both in their 80's and lived good, full lives. Also, their demise may "loosen up' money to make it easier to pay the piper.

Again, total speculation but the only one that makes sense to me. Which means......i'm probably way off.

But i know who i'd be keeping an eye on.

Just an opinion.

welcome razz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members