GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The children have been cleared.

http://www.myajc.com/news/crime--la...ounds-georgia-sheriff/FfLXS5am2RgITlUbahtphO/

...“They all took polygraphs. The FBI took two of them,” Sills said. “I watched their reactions myself. We did three of them separately. Each of the children passed the polygraphs. Subsequent reviews of bank and cellphone records showed nothing that might indicate their involvement. The Dermonds had a third son, Mark, who was killed in a drug deal gone bad in 2000 in The Bluff, an area of Atlanta infamous for crime. But Mark Dermond was a drug user, not a dealer, and his killer was locked away in prison...."

I agree Razz, but how do you do that without someone being named a "suspect" i mean wouldnt you have to have something substanial in order for the DA to give them a serach warrant or the magistrate whoever gives that approval

UHHH< yeah, and in regards to another post......that was a long time ago, early musings of mine, I dont think it was a loan either now, not alone, not by someone they didnt know well anyway

if it was a loan it had to be a private loan that wasn't registered and woudl be due in one lump sum, my thinking at the time was that this person didnt want to pay it back, so offed them

Ive always thought it might be staged to appear to be something it wasn't as far as the beheading

but if you remember SS said he may not have gone far back enough in his investigation of the accounts........that's not a thorough investigation

At the moment, after the FBI crime mnaual clarified it for me, someone THAT WAS THERE WAS VERY VERY VERY COMFORTABLE THERE AND had been there many many many times

On the other hand, it could be family who received a loan AND inherited......so they got rid of that loan payoff AND inherited

TIs' possible but I just think I feel we do know that someone spent a LOT of time there and that means it was someone very very close to them.....WHATEVER THE REASON.....SOMETHING prompted this and it had to do with inheritance

Whose financials did he look at?! There are other financial records SS should be looking at.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Yes we are aware.........but those are not admissable in a court of law btw...........and the reason is because they are unreliable, people have been known to pass those or fail those without reason

Sociopaths are quite capable of staying very calm, they are excellent liars and actors

SS also thinks that Tex McIver is innocent of shooting his wife in the back purposely

I kind of beg to differ, there were factors that make him look guilty

The children have been cleared.

http://www.myajc.com/news/crime--la...ounds-georgia-sheriff/FfLXS5am2RgITlUbahtphO/

...&#8220;They all took polygraphs. The FBI took two of them,&#8221; Sills said. &#8220;I watched their reactions myself. We did three of them separately. Each of the children passed the polygraphs. Subsequent reviews of bank and cellphone records showed nothing that might indicate their involvement. The Dermonds had a third son, Mark, who was killed in a drug deal gone bad in 2000 in The Bluff, an area of Atlanta infamous for crime. But Mark Dermond was a drug user, not a dealer, and his killer was locked away in prison...."

I remember back way earlier in this investigation, I and a few others thought it was family but was not able to discuss it here.......the family was not under investigation, earlier still, reading some of the posts, people thought it was INCONCEIVABLE that family would do this....that they are all nice people, certainly most probably are, maybe just pretending to be, IDK

We here certainly dont know this family................for that reason, we can't say it wasn't but some facts or LACK of facts, make it appear to be about money alone...who would gain

Other things came up along the way, I had a family crisis and was not on here for quite some time........things happen, other people come into the picture, things come to you over time, realizations

without all the facts you have to ponder what reasons, at first, mob,Nuw cult, theft, drugs, serial killer, and probalby other scenarios were being discussed thoroughly, I think over time, many of those have been mostly eliminated with new evidence presented and ruling things out in some ways

it appears now its clearly about money, unless this was just some thrill kill

however, whoever did this, the time spent at the crime scene represents how comfortable and close to the victims the perps were (according to fbi manual)

I dont think other reasons are impossible but right now, with the latest realization on the above sentence

its got to be family, i dont recall the D's have very very very close friends that would do this... they wouldnt gain most likely...maybe there is long suffering relationships that appear fine on the outside but not on the inside, I for one, am able to let things go with family 'abuse" for lack of a better word, but evenutally ou snap, you say something or you remove them from your life or, some people KILL them....you cant know a family by looking at the outside appearances and actions alone

I have family and friends and their families, that do not get along, bash and hate a family memeber, but to see them together, it appears otherwise...........we dont hear all this with the D's....aslo Mr D's initial photo that began ciruclating, shows he's a very stern individual, look at his eyes

that was another thing people I remember saying how good a man Mr D is and he wouldnt do this or that

but we just dont know, he may have been a very hard case, very hard to love and live with, his children anyway. Mrs D appears to be happy go lucky

SO fwiw, someone hated him, or loved themselves more to get the inheritance soon than waiting for them to die at 100 or older

notice how they BOTH DIED at the same time, this prevents the other surviving spouse from inheriting it all first

just some thoughts!

HA!! Just walked in the other room to freshen my coffee, and thought,

in the "olden" days kids would get their inheritance early, thats to say, before the parents died so were not named in the will

There are still others who may borrow from the parents and that amount of loan will not have to be repayed until the parents death which comes off the top of their inheritance to pay back the estate

Loans are not always outside the family tho i initial was thinking such, only, not family loans

Im sure the D's had a will and it would have been stated as such unless he was slow in getting that codicile or will rewritten? If it had been called in to the atty to handle this, and never completed before their death, the atty would have come forward by now

EIther way, it's surely still about money and in heritance BECAUSE whoever was at that house committing this crime, was very comfortable there given the time spent at that house to commit this crime

Lawdog, just remembered, it was new moon during this time, the lake area, cove, empty lot at end of street on end of small cove and no street lights, ITS BLACK out, no one would see a thing,

What the heck, Luck or planned? to have a new moon, no neighbors home , on a cul de sac, no neighbors in the cul de sac either AND everyone busy with the Derby party

UNBELIEVABLE, right !?!?
They certainly seemed to have everything go in their favor. But SS knows something more and we need to have an update on this case. Release of more information may be pertinent to finding or arresting the killers.

Tex McIver inserted himself into this case a month or so in when he wrote a letter to the editor of the Eatonton Messenger. He was complaining that he had friends who were scared to come in from out of state to visit Lake Oconee. I also believe he said he put up some money for the reward. In hindsight, after shooting his wife in the back, and it coming to light how seriously in debt he was/is, I truly wonder if he ever produced money to actually contribute to the fund. Seriously doubt it! He's all talk and no action. I hope he gets the maximum sentence for murdering his wife. It irks me that SS and he were such great friends.

What if the person who murdered the Dermonds was an ex of the female child? Maybe a legal eagle? And, while he was married to the darling daughter he did some legal work for the Dermonds. The Dermonds never offered to pay him - even though money was not an issue for the murderer - this person was very insulted. He feels like the D's took advantage of him and he was incensed by the nerve of the family not offering to pay for whatever services this person performed.

Regarding the question if Luminol can be used outdoors, yes Luminol can be used outdoors. Watched an episode of 20/20 featuring Elizabeth Haysom and her former boyfriend Jens Soering for the murder of Elizabeth's parents. They showed detectives using the luminol on the grass outside the home to light up the blood tracked from the boyfriend's shoes. Not sure how well it would work after a heavy rain or morning dew though.

well I can't imagine being the ONLY person investigating any crime, much less THIS one! Can you? He does need to inform the public, I know tho there are some things or something, he will want to withhold from everyone so that in questioning someone may slip up and tell that one thing that can help get them convicted

It's crazy how much was in their favor
They certainly seemed to have everything go in their favor. But SS knows something more and we need to have an update on this case. Release of more information may be pertinent to finding or arresting the killers.

Thanks for that, I never did look that up....Do you remember something early in about foot prints outside?? I know there was something abuot outside foot or bootprints, some suggested it could have been investigators or even the D's

I would like to know more about that

But even if you clean up a crmie scene of blood indoors, luminol will detect that right? or no?

I keep bringing up luminol and haven't seen anything online about it in this case, no one knows I guess so I wonder if it was EVEN USED?!

FF used to say, only imperfect investigations!!

I know I guess with a spotless house, WHERE wuold you start? surely they tried SOMEwhere

Regarding the question if Luminol can be used outdoors, yes Luminol can be used outdoors. Watched an episode of 20/20 featuring Elizabeth Haysom and her former boyfriend Jens Soering for the murder of Elizabeth's parents. They showed detectives using the luminol on the grass outside the home to light up the blood tracked from the boyfriend's shoes. Not sure how well it would work after a heavy rain or morning dew though.

He certainly did, you reminded us all of that after he was arrested, good memory!That was dizzy!! Here we all were thinking it was someone closeby then he did that

I hope they get him if he's guilty, too many shady things he's done to not be guilty but I guess we'll see, judge has been lenient so doesnt look like he's getting favors

But i think it was a small amount he gave boots, like 5K?? he could surely handle that or he was just throwing around his weight, it was interesting how he jumped in, same thing with KD, always the one to come forward get in the middle of it

and then there was ole Stephen McDevil too

Makes you go hmmmm

Tex McIver inserted himself into this case a month or so in when he wrote a letter to the editor of the Eatonton Messenger. He was complaining that he had friends who were scared to come in from out of state to visit Lake Oconee. I also believe he said he put up some money for the reward. In hindsight, after shooting his wife in the back, and it coming to light how seriously in debt he was/is, I truly wonder if he ever produced money to actually contribute to the fund. Seriously doubt it! He's all talk and no action. I hope he gets the maximum sentence for murdering his wife. It irks me that SS and he were such great friends.

What if the person who murdered the Dermonds was an ex of the female child? Maybe a legal eagle? And, while he was married to the darling daughter he did some legal work for the Dermonds. The Dermonds never offered to pay him - even though money was not an issue for the murderer - this person was very insulted. He feels like the D's took advantage of him and he was incensed by the nerve of the family not offering to pay for whatever services this person performed.

in speaking to a statement analyst, she/he might be on here IDK, but the verbiage some use can detect deceit or to deflect it away from yourself

The statement made within a week of not finding the mother, the "3 of us hope she is dead so not to suffer."...RED FLAG..........he now hopes she is dead to ‘ease her suffering’ as it is too unbearable to think of her in pain.

people hope to find their loved ones YEARS after their disappearance, it's too robotic, no feeling to say something like this before even 2 weeks has gone by

Also......the use of the word YOU in some statements are a RED FLAG to diversion or deceit

example:“How could you do something like this and not leave any clues to this point? That's hard to believe.” The use of the word "you" is deflective. Red Flag.

Plus only ONE has spoken out and doestn wish to be recorded he said

and this

Keith Dermond also thinks about how visitors’ license plates weren’t routinely recorded, how almost anyone could have driven in undetected.

How did he know visitors license place werent being recorded? I mean he could have heard this at one time but how did he know it was still ongoing? He didnt live there

Just some thoughts

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article74944397.html#storylink=cpy

judge HASNT been lenient
He certainly did, you reminded us all of that after he was arrested, good memory!That was dizzy!! Here we all were thinking it was someone closeby then he did that

I hope they get him if he's guilty, too many shady things he's done to not be guilty but I guess we'll see, judge has been lenient so doesnt look like he's getting favors

But i think it was a small amount he gave boots, like 5K?? he could surely handle that or he was just throwing around his weight, it was interesting how he jumped in, same thing with KD, always the one to come forward get in the middle of it

and then there was ole Stephen McDevil too

Makes you go hmmmm

3 more months until we get an update but then again what could this update have that the others didn't?

SS had stated before he has all forms of evidence so they weren't perfect murderers and I highly doubt there was no hit when he ran the dna or fibers or finger prints.

KD's interviews always gave me the "creeps." The kind of creeps that include goosebumps on your arms and hairs on your head prickling up. When he speaks of a serial killer, I cringe. And the 3 of them hope she is dead!! WTH??? I think he is trying to scare the people who still live there at Reynolds Plantation. I try not to judge because I have not walked in their shoes, but could never wish my mother was dead. I'd be holding out hope she was ALIVE and that she would be safely returned.

Another thing is odd is how neat the home was. Would a serial killer want to leave a clean crime scene? I think more than likely yes. But, I just can't get aboard the serial killer train at this time. I think for resale value, even if someone was murdered there, it would be best for the murders to have been tidy and neat. Towels brought from inside to put around Mr. D's body to prevent blood running under the garage door. Not a gory mess, and possibly Mrs. D being murdered elsewhere, makes me think Mr. D was murdered outside and dragged into the garage. Maybe that is where SS could have recovered some footprints - although I don't remember it being published that footprints were recovered. I would luminol the garage and the bathrooms and possibly the washroom.

We know nothing about the family dynamics. It's a mystery. I do think SS should let some FRESH eyes view the case information from the beginning. It can't hurt and surely the family would have no problem with FRESH eyes on the case. I want to know who murdered these people! I know we all do. It isn't fair that their lives were cut short. They deserved better.

in speaking to a statement analyst, she/he might be on here IDK, but the verbiage some use can detect deceit or to deflect it away from yourself

The statement made within a week of not finding the mother, the "3 of us hope she is dead so not to suffer."...RED FLAG..........he now hopes she is dead to &#8216;ease her suffering&#8217; as it is too unbearable to think of her in pain.

people hope to find their loved ones YEARS after their disappearance, it's too robotic, no feeling to say something like this before even 2 weeks has gone by

Also......the use of the word YOU in some statements are a RED FLAG to diversion or deceit

example:&#8220;How could you do something like this and not leave any clues to this point? That's hard to believe.&#8221; The use of the word "you" is deflective. Red Flag.

Plus only ONE has spoken out and doestn wish to be recorded he said

and this

Keith Dermond also thinks about how visitors&#8217; license plates weren&#8217;t routinely recorded, how almost anyone could have driven in undetected.

How did he know visitors license place werent being recorded? I mean he could have heard this at one time but how did he know it was still ongoing? He didnt live there

Just some thoughts

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/article74944397.html#storylink=cpy

SS had stated before he has all forms of evidence so they weren't perfect murderers and I highly doubt there was no hit when he ran the dna or fibers or finger prints.

I agree! They messed up with Mrs. D's body surfacing. I wonder if they were able to retrieve any fibers from her? Also, people shed hair all the time. Maybe there was some foreign hairs found on Mr. D's body or in the pooled blood. I feel like we're being slowly tortured with this case being stuck in neutral.

Hi everyone~ came across this by accident & caught my attention since I live and work very close to Reynolds. Just wondering if the drugs has already been discussed by everyone that's been posting here and researching? I can't go back and read so many posts. I just know what neighbors around here think happened.

Maybe your neighbors are mentioning it...but it is no where on this forum that I know of. Seems like a random entry. But since you brought it up; what drugs are you referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal