GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell me what you need and I will try to help you post it.

Ok Nana. Here goes. In one of the reports, it said the children returned home.because LE would not let them in the house due to it being a crime scene. (This would be a good spot to put where I found that info).

Therefore, how can ANYONE say with any real certainty that nothing was missing if the son's and daughter were not allowed in the house?!

Way too many mixed messages and red herrings.

Literally, every person that I have discussed
this with has said that they hope she is dead. I'm not faulting the son....well maybe a little if he is really discussing this with the media, in the UK, or anywhere if they've asked him to keep his mouth shut

When a person goes missing, seems like family members often grant interviews and talk w media, issue sound bites, and say --
If you have taken (name), pls bring her back home or let her return. Her family loves her, misses her, she needs medicine, etc.

Has LE- sheriff or FBI- advised the fam not to do so?

Not faulting the family here. Not saying they should go on camera or be quoted online, make themselves and their business all public, etc.

Just wondering why not here?

Perhaps the fam now knows appeals would go unheeded?
Because they know their mother is deceased?
Or because they know the perp is a heartless monster?
Or maybe LE or their own private counsel advised them not to?

Pure speculation on my part w no factual basis re this case.

FYI: Lake Oconee is a man made lake; no gators. It is also brackish- most gators cannot survive long in that water. If one managed to slip in, I have no doubt it did not survive once seen. Too much $$ tied to that Lake/area.

Lake Oconee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THe gators are in most all GA rivers, ponds but not generally lakes, not to say they can't get in but they would be removed by DNR, can't kill'em I think and only in season in FL

I've seen gators run across the hwy near Myrtle Beach where the marsh is, those damned things are everwhere, lol, GA is full of them but not in the lakes, if we see an odd looking log in the lake here, we always look to see if it's a gator, been on these lakes all my life, never witnessed one there, not there territory, dont' know about brackish

people do kayak, boat and float on the rivers btw, gators eat at night

that being said...........someone could feed them I suppose to get rid of something

Why such a low reward? Do the children or friends of the Dermonds have bankers, investors, or friends that are willing to up the reward to a much higher amount? As I have seen in past cases, reward money does not help, however, this case needs a much higher reward to even try to get a response! Somebody up that money to $75,000 - $100,000 and see if new helpful tips come in.

Ok Nana. Here goes. In one of the reports, it said the children returned home.because LE would not let them in the house due to it being a crime scene. (This would be a good spot to put where I found that info).

Therefore, how can ANYONE say with any real certainty that nothing was missing if the son's and daughter were not allowed in the house?!

<Ms Media link - scroll down>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-1m-home-Georgia-murder-mystery-horror.html

Razz, yes, how could anyone conclude that, unless fam (or perhaps others) had inspected the home, checked for certain items, coin or stamp collection, jewelry, heirlooms, antique books, expensive hobby items?

What about reviewing bank statements, brokerage statements, 401K, IRA, etc and checking for suspicious withdrawals or transfers. Extortion or forced withdrawals or transfers could have happened months prior. Maybe years prior.

I reread the article w quotes, purporting to be from family, in May 14 article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz31ozpedsz

Headline:
"Despairing son hopes his mother is dead to 'ease her suffering' a week after she vanished and husband's headless body was found at their $1m home in Georgia murder mystery horror....
"Son Keith told MailOnline the thought of her suffering is just unbearable"
"Family believe it was a random attack or even a 'cult' thing"

From a caption:
"Their son, Keith, said: 'If she is still alive, we can’t imagine what she is going through… but it has almost got to the stage where we hope she is with our father, just to ease her suffering'

Another caption:
" ...Keith, pictured center left with wife Kathleen and other family members, said: 'The more we think about it, the more it makes sense that this was just some sick individual who randomly targeted them.' He added it could have been the work of a cult."

From story:
"A devastated son whose father was beheaded and his mother abducted a week ago today said he now hopes she is dead to ‘ease her suffering’ as it is too unbearable to think of her in pain." BBM, RBM

"Keith... said: ‘The Sheriff is keeping us informed as much as he can. I spoke to him yesterday. He is holding back some information as it is important to the case."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if that is a quote -- if the son actually said ---
hope she is dead to ease her suffering.
Maybe reporter used a bit of literary or dramatic license.

Anyone else wonder if son actually used those very words?

In the article I read the son said that he hoped she was with Dad. Not that he hoped she was dead. Maybe there is another article I don't know.

WOW!! How did I miss that discrepancy? Some early report stated that nothing was missing from the home, that family members verified that for LE, but then another report said they weren't allowed in! Maybe it just meant not allowed in to stay.

I don't know what phone you have.
With mine I just press and hold a finger in the address bar from the article I am reading.
A menu pops up and I have the option to copy. I copy.
Then I return to post and in the space to type in press a finger down again. I am given the option to paste. Which I do and ta da! A linky!

Phones are all different though...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

In the article I read the son said that he hoped she was with Dad. Not that he hoped she was dead. Maybe there is another article I don't know.

From story:
"A devastated son whose father was beheaded and his mother abducted a week ago today said he now hopes she is dead to ‘ease her suffering’ as it is too unbearable to think of her in pain." BBM, RBM

As I said in above post, the quote may not have been verbatim.
I can him or anyone the benefit of doubt--- after these events.
Just struck me as a bit unusual.

Swimming pools in FL are man made and gators love them.

Most pools in FL are not salt water, and not a power reservior. We swim in the river here below the gnat line daily in the summer; not like Myrtle, not like Alligator Alley, not like the canal homes in Fl off of the intercoastal.

"The amount and pattern of blood in the garage suggested the corpse was brought to the house, Sills said."

shouldn't it read something like;

"The amount and pattern of blood found in driveway/yard/whereverand in the garage, suggested the corpse was later brought into the GARAGE ?

or something?

I dont' understand this comment, the body was in the garage, the blood was in the garage............???

If my elderly mother was missing after finding my father dead and decapitated, I would hope she was dead too. (NOT suffering)

There are things much worse than death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member