GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and seriously, how can you know if nothing is missing if you do not know exactly every item they owned? Maybe things of obvious value were not missing. But ponder this . . . These folks lived alone. Their children - adults with lives and kids of THEIR own, lived elsewhere. Who the heck WOULD know if none of Mrs. Dermond's belongings were missing?

So the wording of LE on that topic is interesting when examined in that light. MOO

Most pools in FL are not salt water, and not a power reservior. We swim in the river here below the gnat line daily in the summer; not like Myrtle, not like Alligator Alley, not like the canal homes in Fl off of the intercoastal.

yeah, we do the rainbow, float, swim, kayak, LOVE it, but those mating gator calls are freaky, especially when they are on either side of you, but it's clear not like St Marks, I wouldnt' swim in that one or withlacoochee

understand, I believe Mrs. Dermond is sadly passed. I believe she was killed at the same time as her husband. I cannot imagine a reason to kidnap this woman leaving an beheaded corpse of her husband behind.

The messages are mixed. Someone who wants a family they want to extort something from does not behead the victim's husband.

How could anyone ever in a million years trust someone who did that to keep their word and turn over a living parent?

Sorry this case is disturbing. These are my disturbed thoughts on this case.

But I do pay careful attention to what is said by LE. The wording the phrasing.

At link, Sheriff,
"... said Shirley Dermond’s absence still is being treated as a kidnapping."

And yet, no media appearances by the kids, begging for her return, that her fam loves her, misses her, Mom needs her medicine, etc.

What different about this case?

Do they already know Mom is not coming back?

Pure speculation on my part, w no factual basis re this case.

Something I posted earlier

If the perps were WATCHING the D's,

Then they knew there were two people to deal with

If not watching, then why randomly pick a house to behead someone?

too clean to have been caught in the act of anything and had to leave him behind or something of SD would have been discovered too

SOOOOO, When's trash pickup, several days had gone by before anyone noticed them missing

baffling indeed

From May 15 link, "....The investigation into 88-year-old Russell Dermond’s murder and the disappearance of his wife, Shirley, 87, have settled into a routine – “no different than we do for any homicide investigation,” Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said Friday."
BBM

How many other homicide investigations has Putnam Co. SO done in the past ten years?

From city-data.com for Eatonton, the last homicide was in 2001.
http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Eatonton-Georgia.html

Sorry I did not find crime stats for Putnam Co.

Glad that sheriff reached out for FBI help.

Folks please...

There are NO gators anywhere near Lake Oconee, OK?

Georgia is a BIG state (largest east of the Mississippi) and the lake is way too far north.

I doubt you would see one until around 200 miles south. I grew up in Georgia (and am now 62) and the only gator I ever saw was at the Okefenokee Swamp.

And brackish? No, it is a sweet-water man-made lake with a hydroelectric dam.

The only salt in there would be if someone was using french fries to try and catch bream. (pronounced brim there) :D

BTW (by the way :smile:)...what does the BBM I keep seeing here mean?

Folks please...

Georgia is a BIG state (largest east of the Mississippi) and the lake is way too far north.

I doubt you would see one until around 200 miles south. I grew up in Georgia (and am now 62) and the only gator I ever saw was at the Okefenokee Swamp.

The only salt in there would be if someone was using french fries to try and catch bream. (pronounced brim there) :D

BBM= Bolded by me.

Folks please...

bbm means "bolded by me" -- used, for instance, if you bold a part of someone's post you are quoting, to emphasize that part.

Alligators -- well, I think you're basically right about Lake Oconee, but -- never say never with gators. I recall a couple of news reports in the last year or two where folks in Macon had to have help removing gators -- from their back yards!!

Alligators in Macon (long way from Okefenokee):

http://www.macon.com/2013/06/11/2513421/trappers-remove-alligator-from.html

http://www.macon.com/2013/06/02/2502431/alligator-turns-up-at-bloofield.html

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130622/PC1610/130629792

Folks please...

Typically it is for

Bolded
By
Me

To bring focus to a sentence or idea.
Someone that types faster has probably already answered.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

snipped for focus
understand, I believe Mrs. Dermond is sadly passed. I believe she was killed at the same time as her husband. I cannot imagine a reason to kidnap this woman leaving an beheaded corpse of her husband behind.

The messages are mixed. Someone who wants a family they want to extort something from does not behead the victim's husband.

How could anyone ever in a million years trust someone who did that to keep their word and turn over a living parent? .....

BBM1
I share your belief about Mrs D (RIP).
I think that is more statistically likely than her still being held by perp(s).

BBM2
I should have been clearer re my thought possible extortion.
I meant to convey -- perhaps someone extorted or blackmailed or pressured Mr and/or Mrs D for money in the past,
---not that the perp planned the death and kidnapping (or death of Mrs D) to extort $ from their children starting w the horrific actions of a week ago.

So unbearably sad.

bbm means "bolded by me" -- used, for instance, if you bold a part of someone's post you are quoting, to emphasize that part.

Alligators -- well, I think you're basically right about Lake Oconee, but -- never say never with gators. I recall a couple of news reports in the last year or two where folks in Macon had to have help removing gators -- from their back yards!!

THEY WERE VERY NEAR, ALMOST ON, the OCMULGEE RIVER

Folks please...

YOu say "THERE", where are you?

And it's pronounced "LIKE" not "LAKE" here and "BRAM", not "BRIM" here and "CRAPPIE",, not "CROPPIE" , it's PEE CON, not PEE CAN, here LOL

Not sure if it's SWEET water either, pretty yucky in my opinion

They are all over GA RIvers and have been known to be in ponds in MIDDLE GA, less likely north but are not in the LIKES HERE

Had a river lot south of Perry, btw, they are there too in some ponds, but had a gator sunnin on our dock on the river

WE should open a GATOR forum:facepalm:

THEY WERE VERY NEAR, ALMOST ON, the OCMULGEE RIVER

Even the one on Bloomfield Road? (I added some links to my post above.)

And that's the last I plan to say about alligators here -- unless, of course, MSM reports they are pertinent to the case! LOL

Look, I'm just glad gators aren't in my area!! Those things seriously scare me as much as those huge pythons and other snakes. Great...now I've got snakes on my mind. Darn it all!!

PS...how do you keep cats, dogs, etc., in areas where gators exist? I can't bear the thought of gators out snacking on my pets. Nope...no way! Bet they eat chickens too!! NOOOO!! Can't have that happening. Every critter wants to eat chickens. :(

I wish this case would get solved like, yesterday!! It's scary as all get out. If I lived in that area, gosh, I would would want some answers, some assurance that I'm a little bit safe, something. I mean, all those retired folks, who knows if one of them is the next target! And something else, do many people have guns there? Looks like the HOA restricts dogs to a degree. I dunno. In each case, I guess I look for a reason that it happened to that victim, and therefore won't happen to me. :( But reality, it could be any of us at any time. :( That's why I don't yell at my dogs when they bark at night. Nope, I check it out, or wake hubby to check it out, and then calm the dogs.

Locked doors....check
Locked windows....check
Large dogs....check
Guns...check
No posting where you're going, or that you're on vacation....check

What else can we do not to become a statistic? (sigh)

And that's the last I plan to say about alligators here -- unless, of course, MSM reports they are pertinent to the case! LOL

No more gators?? :croc:

And I've seen people throw french fries in the water for fish and ducks!! Not that it matters...but they shouldn't eat those things....

I feel so bad for all the residents, especially the elderly, that live in Great Waters. They must have trouble sleeping at night, always looking over their shoulder, afraid to leave their house, go for walks, etc. And now, for those that want to sell their house and move, well...I doubt they will have much luck at least for now.

This had to be somebody in pretty good shape to lift a dead person. Not some 16 year old computer geek.

Don, t this kind of offender usually act alone?

I am wondering about friends of the younger family members that might have visited the home with them.

This was really cruel and very upsetting to both family and residents of that area.

To me it's more a neighborhood than family situation. Neighbors have to be scared to death!

Is that why it was done?

YES, swamps up there off MLK

please, dont' say anything else about gators! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members