GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is now Braselton, Ga. (you know...the town Kim Basinger once owned) but was born and raised in DeKalb Co. Ga. (Lakeside High School, Class of '70)

I could tell you were from Middle Ga. by the way you mispronounce bream. :D (pecan is a toss-up)

As to gators, when walking home from my H.S (Atlanta suburb) I passed a house that had a small pond with a pet alligator (or so it was rumored), so it IS possible, but you have to introduce them. Of course back then, you just picked up babies (mostly non-native caimans) from sleazy tourist traps in Florida. Future disinterest meant they usually had very short lives.

And its sweet water as opposed to not-sweet. (like the the ocean) Sorta like sweet milk as opposed to buttermilk. Pass the cornbread, please.

BTW...the Allman Brothers (the real one...when Duane was alive) played at my High School graduation dance!

:floorlaugh: Y'all are killing me! Pecan is pronounced pee con and not pee can. A pee can is something your grandmother kept under the bed. :floorlaugh:

Regarding the Allman Brothers playing your High school graduation, that's the ultimate. :guitar: :rockon: :guitar: :drumroll: Need to get that tee-shirt, I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands. :thewave: :newyear: :Banane54: :Banane08: :Banane48: :saythat: :bowdown: :cool2:

This is all too much! What the heck is going on? Sills doesn't want the help of the GBI but yesterday I read where he said it took him five hours to check out one detail. I can't even remember now what it was but it was something that turned out to be insignificant... maybe having to do with whether the Dermonds had eaten out on Thursday or Friday, or something like that. Info. overload here but I do know he said it took him five hours to check one small detail out. It sounded like he needs help!!

And, why does Mr. Dermond the son sound so reconciled to his mother being deceased? I understand his statements about it would be better for her to be gone than to be enduring whatever she may be enduring if alive (I think I would feel that way too) but what I don't understand is why no one for the family, not even a paid rep., is saying, "Mom, hang on. We love you! We will never stop looking for you!" Why not say, "Please, please, don't stop looking for our mom!". I know all families react differently. I do not mean to sound as if I am judging them harshly. I know they must be afraid and perhaps LE has told them to not speak for their own safety. I know. But, I still don't understand the seemingly resolved to never again see Mrs. D. stance the family seems to have developed.

Sills has said that finding Mrs. D. is the single most important thing they need to do. I have appreciated that and the billboards. Would they put these billboards out there if they had a forensic reason to believe she is deceased? I know odds are that she is but what if she is not?

I am really frustrated.

Patience. I think the brutality of the murder of their father makes them hope their mother is not suffering at the hands of a monster that could behead somebody and take the head. Unheard of. A terrible crime.

These children of the Dermonds are in shock. Let's not judge them too harshly.

Anyone elswe think it's hinky that the son said his parents didnt attend their sons murder trial? Did I read that right?

A drugee that was shot down during a drug deal. Perhaps not seen by the family that perhaps tried over and over to help him. I don't think two elderly parents should be judged for not wanting to sit through that in another state.

Nothing they could do now! Sometimes we expect way too much from our parents when it is WE who have taken the wrong path!

bbm
Which imoo means the killer knew the family somehow.............but how?

IDK, maybeThey were targeted becuase ......they were elderly, lived alone, family out of state, no dog, appeared to have money (because of the house, no one truly know what someone has unless you look at their finances)

I still think it's someoen nearby watching them or knows of them through someone else, if it's not related to the MD murder

as i had posted above, and I'm just throwing my feelings out there, maybe to jog someone elses thoughts on why they were targeted

Who knows! Crazy people everywhere and for no obvious reason they kill, i guess it's the thrill!!! but still, beheading adn taking her? Many an idiot will kill for little money, maybe they thought it was BIG money they were about to get

IDK, the beheading sounds professional and I'm still not sure it wasn't to do with MD case

I thought again today:

THAT'S WHY THEY BEHEADED HIM, aren't we all so very confused and NO ONE is on THEIR SORRY AS$$ trail ! To confuse the case

I posted something about mexican cartel earlier too, it just stated WHY they do what they do, so I"m SURE Others do as well, it was just eye openeing and interesting

Patience. I think the brutality of the murder of their father makes them hope their mother is not suffering at the hands of a monster that could behead somebody and take the head. Unheard of. A terrible crime.

A drugee that was shot down during a drug deal. Perhaps not seen by the family that perhaps tried over and over to help him. I don't think two elderly parents should be judged for not wanting to sit through that in another state.

Nothing they could do now! Sometimes we expect way too much from our parents when it is WE who have taken the wrong path!

HMMM< wonder if they could NOT Attend for SOME reason?

WSB TV reporting on this case.
Keith Dermond believes not targeted, random perhaps a cult.
Sills says Dermond's targeted, no sign of struggle and no break in. The door was open.
Sills says anyone could be a suspect, anyone but him.

Two different end of the spectrum wouldn't you say?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I am not judging them harshly! My heart breaks for them. I said that I would probably feel the same way. I am sure I would feel the same way. I have no idea what I would do! Of course I know they are in shock. I guess I did not make that clear enough. I don't doubt shock or their concern for their mother. Not at all. I understand they have to preserve their own sanity in the middle of an insane tragedy. But, unless there is something that LE has found that indicates she is deceased, then she could be alive.

Here is now Braselton, Ga. (you know...the town Kim Basinger once owned) but was born and raised in DeKalb Co. Ga. (Lakeside High School, Class of '70)

I could tell you were from Middle Ga. by the way you mispronounce bream. :D (pecan is a toss-up)

As to gators, when walking home from my H.S (Atlanta suburb) I passed a house that had a small pond with a pet alligator (or so it was rumored), so it IS possible, but you have to introduce them. Of course back then, you just picked up babies (mostly non-native caimans) from sleazy tourist traps in Florida. Future disinterest meant they usually had very short lives.

And its sweet water as opposed to not-sweet. (like the the ocean) Sorta like sweet milk as opposed to buttermilk. Pass the cornbread, please.

BTW...the Allman Brothers (the real one...when Duane was alive) played at my High School graduation dance!

:floorlaugh: thanks to the voice text, I NOW know I have a southern drawl! LOL

My brother has a gator in his pond in Elko

on gators, there are meandering creeks all over this area, echeconnee, rocky creek, tobesofkee creek, ocmulgee, hat creek, suwanee, and the gators are everywhere but so far I dont' think we have as many as FLorida, well, so bad anyway

I think one of the allman brothers lived down the street from my friend in C'ville, or had family there, lots of talent coming out of GA these days!

I don't think the media will be of much help nor credible information in a case like this.It's very likely the FBI is running a good part of the show at least until they locate the Mrs. The nature and details of this crime speak for themselves IMO.
Mr. Dermond and his son were in business together in Jersey. His son murdered in a drug deal gone bad. After his sons death Mr. Dermond relocated to GA from Jersey. This is probably why there are rumors of witness protection going around. He wasn't in witness protection living like he was but that doesn't mean he wasn't in "hiding."
If this was a hit on Mr. Dermond they wouldn't of taken Mrs. Dermond.
This was a very clear message to silence certain people beyond Mr. Dermond or they would not have taken Mrs. Dermond.
Not surprised that the Sheriff doesn't have many leads as I'm pretty sure no one that knows anything is talking.

I don't think the media will be of much help nor credible information in a case like this.It's very likely the FBI is running a good part of the show at least until they locate the Mrs. The nature and details of this crime speak for themselves IMO.
Mr. Dermond and his son were in business together in Jersey. His son murdered in a drug deal gone bad. After his sons death Mr. Dermond relocated to GA from Jersey. This is probably why there are rumors of witness protection going around. He wasn't in witness protection living like he was but that doesn't mean he wasn't in "hiding."
This was a very clear message to silence certain people beyond Mr. Dermond or they would not have taken Mrs. Dermond.
Not surprised that the Sheriff doesn't have many leads as I'm pretty sure no one that knows anything is talking.

Dermond moved to Atlanta in the late 1980's -at least 10 years before the son was murder.
He moved to his current Eatonton home in 1999.
http://www.macon.com/2014/05/09/3089222/autopsy-sheds-little-light-on.html?sp=/99/148/#storylink=cpy

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

. A pee can is something your grandmother kept under the bed.
Or in her pie along with Karo (KAY row) Syrup

Need to get that tee-shirt, I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.
I tried on my old Neil Young "Rust Never Sleeps" tour T-Shirt.

I looked like Baby Huey.

279242-156818-baby-huey.jpg

According to this the son was murdered in GA. It looks like the Dermonds moved there before the murder.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/3087453/decapitation-unlikely-cause-of.html

understand, I believe Mrs. Dermond is sadly passed. I believe she was killed at the same time as her husband. I cannot imagine a reason to kidnap this woman leaving an beheaded corpse of her husband behind.

The messages are mixed. Someone who wants a family they want to extort something from does not behead the victim's husband.

How could anyone ever in a million years trust someone who did that to keep their word and turn over a living parent?

Sorry this case is disturbing. These are my disturbed thoughts on this case.

But I do pay careful attention to what is said by LE. The wording the phrasing.

The abduction of Mrs. Dermond is key in getting to the bottom of the real motive here. I will eat ***** if I'm wrong but I believe the reason she was taken and not killed on sight was to reinforce the message to others close to the Dermond's to keep their mouths shut. I agree this doesn't look like a ransom kidnapping at all with the gruesome killing of Mr. Dermond. The type of people involved in doing something of this magnitude would not abduct anyone unless there was a continuing benefit to them in doing so. They would just kill the person. That's why the abduction is key and will lead to the real motive here.

In regards to the family thinking it was a random cult like killing. I guess that sounds about right if you take organized crime off the table and you surely won't find the family discussing that idea at all. So yeah sure it was a random cult sacrifice.... Not.

:floorlaugh: thanks to the voice text, I NOW know I have a southern drawl! LOL

My brother has a gator in his pond in Elko

on gators, there are meandering creeks all over this area, echeconnee, rocky creek, tobesofkee creek, ocmulgee, hat creek, suwanee, and the gators are everywhere but so far I dont' think we have as many as FLorida, well, so bad anyway

I think one of the allman brothers lived down the street from my friend in C'ville, or had family there, lots of talent coming out of GA these days!

I'm in southeast North Carolina (4-5 hours NE of Lake Oconee) and we definitely have gators here, especially around Lake Waccamaw. Not as many as Florida or Louisiana and they are usually seen more in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper