GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was saying is word on the street in Putnam county is that this had to be a mafia/ organized crime/Mexican drug cartel deal gone bad. What I meant with the laundering comment is everyone says there is no evidence of it etc etc. if there was evidence of it then they did a horrible job of hiding the money laundering....so if you are money laundering there shouldn't be any evidence of it.....also could be why FBI came in on day one.......yes these are good folks who didn't deserve this but everyone has skeletons .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The FBI came in because Sheriff Sills asked for their assistance. It isn't unusual for the FBI to assist in cases such as this.

I have never heard of the Mafia or the Drug Cartel using a crowbar to murder someone.

The murderer lives close by where it all happened imo.

If not it is another sociopath that has struck again in the most unsuspecting neighborhoods like has happened before. Sociopaths are also known to keep body parts as trophies.

IMO

Saturday paper not retrieved, if I recall correctly....so I am thinking Friday.

gets dark, what, about 9 now or 830 ish?

so probably before then, not sure their routine, but may be in jammies right after suppertime/DINNERTIME

so then it would have happened at dang daylight

I'm stunned, that's why the body was in the garage, they put him back in there to waylay the findings and so they could get out of there quicker and no one would find them for atleast a day, imagine if he was in the yard, buzzards and birds might have attracted attention, course not sure if they knew it'd be "tuesday" before they were discovered though

but leaving only with her, IDK, but easier to get a head and body down to the boat than 2 bodies, probably transported after dark

So if it was someone they knew, then they actually MAY HAVE driven one perp in with them thru the gate and after the "deeds" were done, transported out by boat

or the perp lives on their street, hmmm, so the perps weren't worried about next door neighbors hearing anything or seeing anything? I know there is an empty lot on one side? WHO or which neighbor was the one that said they HEARD NOISES inside the house?

How close is the other neighbor?

my my, if the perp lived next door, or the closest house to them, they wouldn't have had to worry about the neighbors on the other side of them hearing anything significant if there was a vacant lot between them or finding him because that would eliminate ONE of the closest neighbors hearing anything if the perp was on the other side

ACH, just thinking OUTLO...........on screen

HELP! Did I see that someone posted an article about the RA drowning being suspicious now? I can't find it !

I had the same thing happen to me. It was 1,000.00 dollars and it was done at Western Union in Toronto. I called my bank and told them they were fraudulent charges. We did paperwork, my account was reimbursed and I don't know if they were able to catch the people or not. But, my point is that this is not an unusual occurence.

I agree it's not. It happened to me too. These poor folks ended up dead with less than 24 months. **I read an article about crime and fraud and how SOMETIMES there is a pattern and the wealthy elderly are targets. NOW I CAN'T FIND THE ARTICLE.
My license stolen and back then my Social Security # was on it. I had top notch credit.
$6000.00 to Radio Shack for freaking surround sound stereo....
$3000.00 to JC Penney for tools and kitchen crud.
$500.00 to Helzberg Diamonds
(Thank Gosh they gave them a low max line of credit there)

I got rid of every credit card. I have a debit card on an account that I put $50-75 a week in for running around money.
If I get kidnapped and they want $ I'm gonna be in trouble.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

What would we do if we couldn't throw the Mafia and the Mexican cartel into the mix.:floorlaugh: They seem to be brought in as the culprits on so many cases like this. Very rarely is it done by cartels or the mafia though and when it happens by cartels it is on the opposite of the united states.

The mafia would go after the people that screwed them out of money and not some aging parents almost in their 90s unless they are dumber than dirt because now that both have been found deceased the children will be able to inherit all of Russ and Shirley's assets.

Left town fast? Who? Their children? They were there for an entire week. Sills says he is in contact with them. What were they suppose to do by remaining there? They weren't allowed into their parents home the week they were there. Heck I think the home is still being held by LE two weeks later.

They sure wouldn't be out looking for their mother. Rarely do family members search for missing loved ones and the police don't want them to either. Even then Sills said he didn't have a clue where else to search.

Family members of murdered and missing loved ones nowadays always get nuts calling them.......from those that think they know who the killer is .........to psychics saying they know where the body is or who the killer is. Unfortunately this family is not immune to crazy weirdoes calling them any more than the other families that have had to endure their own nutty callers.

Nah, I don't agree...........this has nothing to do with their children/money laundering, mafia or cartels. Not one bit of evidence has been shown that their living children are anything other than law abiding citizens who have amassed their wealth by working hard just like their father did to amass his own wealth.

Imo, whoever this murderer is he lives right in the midst of that community.

IMO

Hi Ocean- where do you see the children (all3) syayed for a week?

HELP! Did I see that someone posted an article about the RA drowning being suspicious now? I can't find it !

I don't think so, tomkat. Someone (re?)posted an article about the drowning, though, and the official pronouncement that it had been ruled accidental.

Hey Candice, I'm in GA too.. Hey neighbor...
Worked a lot of abduction; missing/murdered person's cases. Virtually every case that I have worked was on a short list of places where a heinous crime like this could happen.

One case that I became very involved in(TN Holly Bobo- 2011), the Sheriff made the statement, "Crimes like this just doesn't happen in Darden, TN".. Well, needless to say, I almost fell out of my chair.. This mind think is exactly why organized predators choose to prey on their victims in these locations; The False Sense of Security...

Abductions/homicides can happen anywhere, anytime, and to anyone...

BBM

When you say, "worked" are you referring to your "real" job -- i.e., are/were you a LE professional, or are your posts your personal opinion? Either way is fine, just want to make sure I'm reading correctly.

Thank you.

OLDMACONBOY, on websleuths we don't rely on street gossip. The FBI BAU2 was invited in By Sheriff Howard Sills, likely due to the murder and decapitation of a law abiding citizen and WW II Veteran, and the abduction of his wife of over 5 decades.
OLDMACONBOY, websleuths is a victim friendly forum. You should be ashamed, imo..

And...kidnapping is under the juridiction of the FBI. I don't believe they
need to be invited in.

gets dark, what, about 9 now or 830 ish?

so probably before then, not sure their routine, but may be in jammies right after suppertime/DINNERTIME

so then it would have happened at dang daylight

I'm stunned, that's why the body was in the garage, they put him back in there to waylay the findings and so they could get out of there quicker and no one would find them for atleast a day, imagine if he was in the yard, buzzards and birds might have attracted attention, course not sure if they knew it'd be "tuesday" before they were discovered though

but leaving only with her, IDK, but easier to get a head and body down to the boat than 2 bodies, probably transported after dark

So if it was someone they knew, then they actually MAY HAVE driven one perp in with them thru the gate and after the "deeds" were done, transported out by boat

or the perp lives on their street, hmmm, so the perps weren't worried about next door neighbors hearing anything or seeing anything? I know there is an empty lot on one side? WHO or which neighbor was the one that said they HEARD NOISES inside the house?

How close is the other neighbor?

my my, if the perp lived next door, or the closest house to them, they wouldn't have had to worry about the neighbors on the other side of them hearing anything significant if there was a vacant lot between them or finding him because that would eliminate ONE of the closest neighbors hearing anything if the perp was on the other side

ACH, just thinking OUTLO...........on screen

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA
8:16 pm per wunderground

The FBI came in because Sheriff Sills asked for their assistance. It isn't unusual for the FBI to assist in cases such as this.

I have never heard of the Mafia or the Drug Cartel using a crowbar to murder someone.

The murderer lives close by where it all happened imo.

If not it is another sociopath that has struck again in the most unsuspecting neighborhoods like has happened before. Sociopaths are also known to keep body parts as trophies.

IMO

RE: Mafia/Drug Cartel hit;

Nope me either, ocean.. The type of souless creature that would use a crow bar/tire tool on a helpless elderly couple is a sadistic psychopathic predator with no human emotions;

Emotionless Hilton Describes Killing Meredith HOPE Emerson
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/emotionless-hilton-describes-killing-meredith-emer/nFB9j/

Oh I agree OBE....we have numerous items in our outbuilding....but I took from the video they were looking in the home proper....it could have been the reporter's assumptions,lol. I dunno.

There is a wealth of crowbar like objects in our outbuilding....I don't know the name for all of them but they sure would make a good weapon,lol.

If it happened to be one from a vehicle Mr D. owned even if they don't find the actual murder weapon LE can get an exact replica that would aid them in this case.
MOO

Motive in Lake Oconee killings may be ‘something crazy’

...Dermond’s body was found in 46 feet of water, in a part of the lake where the tops of underwater trees jut close to or above the surface.

A source familiar with the investigation told The Telegraph that the body had been “placed” where it was found. The source did not elaborate.

Even so, the revelation indicates that Dermond’s corpse was not adrift and that authorities now have evidence of how her killer may have tried to hide her body. ...
more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html?sp=/99/148/

The reporter mentions this at the 2 minute 3 second mark in the video in the link
that the sheriff believes the Dermonds knew their killer and they used a boat to access their home.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-investigators-find-body-putnam-county/nfyK5/

There really is nothing at all in the way of facts in any of the news media. <modsnip>

One thing is clear, The sheriff is not talking about anything that is not clearly obvious. So I doubt the media knows any secrets either.

I think this is a lot like CNN and Daily Mail coverage of MH370 disappearance. The media will feed on itself repeating "facts" that really are speculation. Likewise the content on W S is only speculation. This whole "crime" is stuck on "bizarre".

Nothing to see here folks, move along. :seeya:

I apologize....didn't realize TOS was so strict and yes I'm new...I will shut up and read on...

That's Joe Kovac Jr.'s new article that I just posted the link to, BTW.

I apologize....didn't realize TOS was so strict and yes I'm new...I will shut up and read on...

Honestly, you didn't say anything that hasn't already been mentioned. People on this thread have speculated about those very same motives since the beginning. Please don't run off. I know it can be rough for new posters.

Ok, thanks.

So now I am going to disregard the other rumor that was posted here that Russ was in his PJs and bath robe. I think that is also misinformation.

Now I think they were both clothed at the time and it was everyday clothing they would wear while they were up and at home.

One of the son's did mention they thought it may have happened during the day. That is when he said he thought his parents home was targeted because it is the last home on the cul-de-sac and is isolated from other homes close to it.

IMO

Hello again Ocean. Where did you learn that Russ was in everyday clothes? I wasn't aware that info had been released.

Off topic: Not so new, maybe, OLDMACONBOY -- maybe just don't hang around here too much?

(I say this because I remember you posting, briefly, at the start of the Lauren Giddings case. I think it was you that said every time you saw my user name you started thinking, "Rolling down a backwoods...Tennessee byway -- one arm on the wheel ...")

Glad to have you back with us again!

What does everyone think here? I was wondering if perhaps there was a mentally ill person living in the neighbourhood, perhaps living with older parents? It doesn't seem like the perpetrator had a vehicle, and perhaps walked SD out to the lake under duress .. is that completely off the mark?

Honestly, you didn't say anything that hasn't already been mentioned. People on this thread have speculated about those very same motives since the beginning. Please don't run off. I know it can be rough for new posters.

Thanks dlc.....yeah some folks on where kind of rough and testy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member