GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy Major is still incarcerated. He is serving a life sentence -- I don't know about the parole conditions attached. But the crimes were in August 2000, he was incarcerated (prison, I guess) in Dec. 2001.

So, hmmm -- 15 years is coming up in about a year, right?

As far as GH Jr., who was with MD the night MD was killed (and I believe was also injured) -- I think we don't know if he has ever been an inmate? There are two "inactive" (released) entries for the name GH that come up on GDOC offender search, both described as black males. Not sure whether one of them is the same GH that was with MD.

I was looking for a similar age as well. I don't know what I read that made me think he was arrested at the same time and was still in jail.
Not gonna sleuth him.
I thought his parole was coming up.
TM has been denied twice so I was thinking it can't be him.
So confused. ..
moo
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I am thinking after 4:30pm Fri and before early SAT am.
It's not right to lump folks together, but many older folks go get that paper before their first cup of coffee.

I think perp may have been long gone before the Saturday paper even arrived.
Stomach contents should have given some idea as to time of day.

Moo

Wasn't it the neighbor's lawn person who reported to LE that he'd heard voices coming from the Dermond's property on either Fri or Sat "late afternoon or early evening"? I now can't remember which day, am thinking Friday. This has been posted here in the last thread.

I was looking for a similar age as well. I don't know what I read that made me think he was arrested at the same time and was still in jail.
Not gonna sleuth him.
So confused. ..
moo

Just going by memory from earlier search, one GH was born in 1949, one in 1959 -- I THINK.

Wasn't it the neighbor's lawn person who reported to LE that he'd heard voices coming from the Dermond's property on either Fri or Sat "late afternoon or early evening"? I now can't remember which day, am thinking Friday. This has been posted here in the last thread.

From what I remember yes. Based on the covenants I'd venture a guess yard men are only allowed M-F.
Not allowed to be in neighborhood with trucks and mowers and noise on the weekend, but that's a guess.
Moo

I hate to even type this.....but I've been wondering. Is it possible that the perp took MrD's head along with a very much alive (though perhaps sedated/drugged/chloroformed) MrsD...with the intention of them mailing the head to someone in the Dermond family, claiming they're holding her for ransom?

Would it ever be possible that a perp would contact a family member of someone they abducted, demand ransom $......but LE keep this close to their vest and not disclose to the public?

Just wondering if that could be the case here......that she's being held for ransom (though whether she's still alive, who knows, tho pay she is) but only the immediate family know and LE isn't divulging such info.

?

Pretty sure it was said he heard the voices late afternoon or early evening on Saturday.

Not gonna sleuth him.
So confused. ..
moo

So TM has already HAD parole hearings ...serving a life sentence that began in 2001?? Wow. Where did you find that?

Saturday it was, I'm pretty sure -- and I think maybe not specifically "lawn person" but someone "doing work" (unspecified) at a neighboring house. Poster did say the person reported it to LE. Unfortunately, I think this is going to fall into the "rumor" category, just as the pajamas & robe post did ...

Saturday it was, I'm pretty sure -- and I think maybe not specifically "lawn person" but someone "doing work" (unspecified) at a neighboring house. Poster did say the person reported it to LE. Unfortunately, I think this is going to fall into the "rumor" category, just as the pajamas & robe post did ...

hmm, could it have been the RE, VS? isn't the neighboring house for sale, Her license had just lapsed april 30 but who knows, myabe it was being reinstated

hmm, could it have been the RE, VS? isn't the neighboring house for sale, Her license had just lapsed april 30 but who knows, myabe it was being reinstated

I believe poster said "he".

The distance between the Dermond's house and the house for sale is quite a ways apart. I don't see how someone in a neighboring yard could hear people talking inside.
I can try to find the link for the overhead view again.

I think the closest house has one lot in between it and the Dermonds', right?

I remember thinking when I read the post about the voices that they must have been outside...and possibly raised.

I think the closest house has one lot in between it and the Dermonds', right?

I remember thinking when I read the post about the voices that they must have been outside...and possibly raised.

Yes, that's right. One lot between. I edited to add the overhead view.

clearly RD was in the garage, a little different than being inside the house, you can hear through the garage door, better than interior walls of a large home and possibly yelling or loud voices might be heard

G'night

Here's the link to the post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA GA - Shirley Dermond (Abduction), 87, Putnam County, 2 - 4 May 2014

Thus far, it has been allowed to stand in the first thread, BUT we better not push it too much with discussion, I guess...

And, sorry for my bad memory -- it does mention "landscaping", although doesn't say necessarily that was the work the person reportedly was engaged in "next door" to the Dermonds.

ETA: And it DOES say voices INSIDE! So...I don't know...

hmm according to this the houses are not isolated or far apart, the lots are relatively small, though theirs was a little more wooded than most.

I have figured a way to get to the Dermonds home and away from the Dermonds home with a body and a head....all without raising an eyebrow.

Wild speculation on my part but it works.

It's easy enough to find out where they live. The hard part is getting through security.

If you stay anywhere on the plantation or at the Ritz, you can play golf at Great Waters. So you make a tee time for Friday or maybe Saturday. Your name should.be on the manifest list at the gate. You and your buddy sail through
the guard gate in your rented car.

Before getting to the clubhouse you make a right turn and you're able to scout out the target and his surroundings.

Head up to the clubhouse, play a round and be done by early evening. On your way out, with the tools of your trade in the trunk, stop by the target's house, do your job in a professional and non emotional manner, put the body and the head in the trunk and you're out of there. Easy squeezy.

You either have a 'handoff" of items outside the plantation and return to the hotel for dinner...or not.

I would check the Great Waters golf list for both Friday and Saturday of all those who were first time visitors and start there. Did anyone rent clubs? Check against the list at the Ritz which should have their car type on file, and check to see if anyone paid in cash and so on. If the car was a rental, track it down and take the cadaver dogs with you.

Again, this is wild speculation on my part and I have a great imagination.

But sometimes it works.

I have had some thoughts and questions about the golf course too over the last few days.

Does anyone know if you must be staying somewhere on the Reynolds Plantation properties to play there? I know here in FL there are some golfs courses here that will let anyone play on them.

Are you required to reserve a Tee Time? If someone had a reservation but did not show up to tee off would the golf course have a record of that?

What are the hours of operations at this particular course?

And lastly, have all the course employees and maintenance workers been questioned and checked out? Does the maintenance crew have access to a chain saw?

hmm according to this the houses are not isolated or far apart, the lots are relatively small, though theirs was a little more wooded than most.

According to "this"? Did you mean to put in a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24