GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A plan to steal something of “great value” in the house – something worth millions of dollars – “but normally, you don’t cut off somebody’s head, if that’s the case.”

Does that mean the Dermonds own something worth millions of dollars??

One of the children said their parents weren't wealthy (I guess that that's a relative term).
I would then infer whatever the item is, it was not recently acquired; maybe something they inherited that has grown in value recently.

Art, jewelry, a historical document? It's hard to say but whatever it is, it must be portable. My biggest question is, is the item gone?!?

Another thought that's been nothing me...if LE thinks they might have been abducted elsewhere and Russell brought back, wouldn't that seem highly unlikely if he was dressed in pajama pAnts and a robe??

(respectfully snipped for space)

Another thought that's been nothing me...if LE thinks they might have been abducted elsewhere and Russell brought back, wouldn't that seem highly unlikely if he was dressed in pajama pAnts and a robe??

The report that he was in PJ's and a robe is just a rumor. I don't think it has been confirmed by LE.

Hi Cher and Eddie W.-

Thank you for clarifying Great Waters vs Reynolds Plantation. Great map of the entire deveolpment and I better understand the security gate issues. If I am reading this correctly, Great Waters has their own gate. It appears there is one way in and one way out.

I did read about the Great Waters golf course and that it is open to the public. Is that true? It would make sense as the GW development doesn't appear to be large enough to support it's own golf course and country club. If it is available to the public, how are the 'golfer's identified and how are they let in? If this is true, this would be the way perps could get in masqueradeing as golfers.

Also, on the Platt description of the house, it is listed as a 1 story. The house looks like a 2 story unless the ceilings are incredibly high.

I wondered the same thing about the golf course being open to the public. I guess the only way to find out for certain is to call and ask. I would think if anyone could play golf there, the security gate would have names of those golfers so they could clear them through the gate.

As for the house being one or two stories, the lot slopes down to the lake and the basement therefore is a walk out basement.

I think this may well be a person who works there as a landscaper, a contractor, a delivery driver, or an employee of one of the previously mentioned.

Just think about your own neighborhood, you see company logos on trucks and vans driving around day in and day out without giving a second thought as to who is in them.

A complex the size of this one would have had a steady stream of vehicles coming in and out daily at the behest of either the homeowner management or the homeowners themselves. Some of them may be landscapers, some of them may be construction crews, some of them may do road repairs and maintenance. Many of these vehicles probably come and go so often, that nobody even pays attention to them.

The most frustrating part is that the surveillance cameras were not working to keep track of who came and went in the 48 hours before this happened. Now everything will be based on paper trails and memories. The second frustrating part is that these folks lived in a Cul-de-sac, so identifying which vehicles may have been parked at their house that day might prove to be impossible.

I hope that law enforcement has the ability to track down and interview every single employee and employer that has been in that village in the last month. I don't think I have to tell you that there are many unsavory characters that work in the construction and landscaping trades. Many of them are temporary. Many of them are hourly day laborers, and more than likely, a whole bunch of them may even be undocumented. I've personally worked with guys in construction that might not necessarily be serial killers, but they certainly seem to have the potential when you listen to them talk.

Tracking all of these people down and looking into their backgrounds is going to be a long process. It may take months before all of these employees and contractors can be interviewed and cleared. They may find out along the way that a certain worker or workers might have actually talked or schemed about robbing the place. Somebody that works there everyday would certainly know the ins and outs of getting around, wouldn't arouse any suspicions by being seen, and could have cased out this house for weeks or months without ever even making contact with the Dermonds.

Law enforcement needs to concentrate on looking up the backgrounds of any employees from either Mexico or South America. Be-headings in those countries is much more common than in the U.S., normally being used as both intimidation and terrorism. Paying SPECIAL attention to any employee(s) that may have quit their job since this happened would also be pretty smart.

Is it unusual for a married couple to only have one persons name on the deed, not both?

I wouldn't read anything into that. When DH and I purchased our current house, only my name was on the deed because the loan was done only in my name. We later had it changed to our family trust, but either way, that wouldn't raise any red flags for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered the same thing about the golf course being open to the public. I guess the only way to find out for certain is to call and ask. I would think if anyone could play golf there, the security gate would have names of those golfers so they could clear them through the gate.

As for the house being one or two stories, the lot slopes down to the lake and the basement therefore is a walk out basement.

I read this online in World Golf which was under Reynolds Plantation info. It was a review of the Great Waters course and it did say that those staying at the Plantation or the Ritz could play there.
And I hate to admit it but I am too chicken to call the Great Waters pro shop to ask. I figure I'll get the third degree. Maybe at a later date. Or if there's anyone out there who is fearless....?!

I think this may well be a person who works there as a landscaper, a contractor, a delivery driver, or an employee of one of the previously mentioned.

Just think about your own neighborhood, you see company logos on trucks and vans driving around day in and day out without giving a second thought as to who is in them.

A complex the size of this one would have had a steady stream of vehicles coming in and out daily at the behest of either the homeowner management or the homeowners themselves. Some of them may be landscapers, some of them may be construction crews, some of them may do road repairs and maintenance. Many of these vehicles probably come and go so often, that nobody even pays attention to them.

The most frustrating part is that the surveillance cameras were not working to keep track of who came and went in the 48 hours before this happened. Now everything will be based on paper trails and memories. The second frustrating part is that these folks lived in a Cul-de-sac, so identifying which vehicles may have been parked at their house that day might prove to be impossible.

I hope that law enforcement has the ability to track down and interview every single employee and employer that has been in that village in the last month. I don't think I have to tell you that there are many unsavory characters that work in the construction and landscaping trades. Many of them are temporary. Many of them are hourly day laborers, and more than likely, a whole bunch of them may even be undocumented. I've personally worked with guys in construction that might not necessarily be serial killers, but they certainly seem to have the potential when you listen to them talk.

Tracking all of these people down and looking into their backgrounds is going to be a long process. It may take months before all of these employees and contractors can be interviewed and cleared. They may find out along the way that a certain worker or workers might have actually talked or schemed about robbing the place. Somebody that works there everyday would certainly know the ins and outs of getting around, wouldn't arouse any suspicions by being seen, and could have cased out this house for weeks or months without ever even making contact with the Dermonds.

Law enforcement needs to concentrate on looking up the backgrounds of any employees from either Mexico or South America. Be-headings in those countries is much more common than in the U.S., normally being used as both intimidation and terrorism. Paying SPECIAL attention to any employee(s) that may have quit their job since this happened would also be pretty smart.

Hi Steeleman- check out the map links Cher put up in the beginning of this 2nd link. It will give you a whole new appreciation of this property. Even though Great Waters is a part of the Plantation, it's really its own separate entity and has it's own guard gate.

Someone else may have already found this, if so I apologize for the repeat...

According to public info from the parole board, MD's convicted murderer Troy Major, has only had one request on his behalf for parole:

http://oldweb.pap.state.ga.us/Board...enView&Start=49407&Count=30&ResortAscending=3

http://oldweb.pap.state.ga.us/Board...02967e15dced9bb1852577df0050b1a6?OpenDocument

(Who is this person and has LE checked her out??)

There was a quote in the press from Sills somewhere earlier (sorry I dont have that link) that Major was not due for a hearing for at least another year... Is there some way to find out when or if Major has had any other parole hearings? If RD was expected to testify against Major, wouldn't that be a motive for someone to murder FOR Major?

P.S. other links that were posted here earlier for hearings for TM were all for Appeals (2005, 2006) to his conviction, not for Parole

The other day when I was reading about BTK killer in relation to this story, it was mentioned he used to cut the phone lines. Interestingly, and I point to which I was completely unaware, new technology apparently notifies someone immediately, whether it be the phone company or police, that the line is damaged.

Now, in my house, I have no active phone lines. But for older people, I would assume their phone would still be thru a telephone company and not a cable line.

No phone lines is not new technology. I would be considered 'older' and I have not had a phone line for 20 years or more. I think a lot depends on what is available (Fios, and others) in the area and not a person's age. jmo

Someone else may have already found this, if so I apologize for the repeat...

According to public info from the parole board, MD's convicted murderer Troy Major, has only had one request on his behalf for parole:

http://oldweb.pap.state.ga.us/Board...enView&Start=49407&Count=30&ResortAscending=3

http://oldweb.pap.state.ga.us/Board...02967e15dced9bb1852577df0050b1a6?OpenDocument

(Who is this person and has LE checked her out??)

There was a quote in the press from Sills somewhere earlier (sorry I dont have that link) that Major was not due for a hearing for at least another year... Is there some way to find out when or if Major has had any other parole hearings? If RD was expected to testify against Major, wouldn't that be a motive for someone to murder FOR Major?

P.S. other links that were posted here earlier for hearings for TM were all for Appeals (2005, 2006) to his conviction, not for Parole

Inmate's Right Path Sent Him to a Dead End
http://www.change.org/petitions/inmate-s-right-path-sent-him-to-a-dead-end

"Sills said the biggest challenge has been interviewing nervous friends and neighbors of the Dermonds.

“I’ve never dealt with a case where so many people were reluctant to talk,” he said. “They’re reluctant because they’re afraid they’re going to get their heads cut off. There’s a lot of fear.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/decapitation-mystery-reward-offered-for-missing-ea/nfwqX/

I don't know if she's still close by, but it would not surprise me for a weekender to come in this weekend or next and find something related to this case in their house.

I'm with the neighbors, gnger~snap and Foxfire - this case is giving me the willies! :eek:hoh: :nerves: :shakehead:

Earlier I mentioned about the reward and reading this article confirms to me about my own thought process, that there are many people afraid of retaliation, whether they could use the reward money, or they have plenty of money that the reward money would be insignificant to them.
Even having a Large Reward Amount, might not garner people to talk, as they might be afraid, even anonymously, and at some point they wouldn't be anonymous to somebody if they collected the reward.
IMOO.

Question:

I don't remember Major being held at the prison in Jackson when we first saw his GDC page. Has he been moved or did I just miss that fact?

HLN now. Martin Savage at great waters.

This case is so disturbing. Why leave RD's body but take his head? Why take SD at all, unless the plan was to keep her alive...I just don't see hiding her body but leaving his there. For all we know, there may have been ransom communications, and that's why they didn't search the woods right away.
Yeah I dont' think we know a whole lot, and neighbors being afraid to talk to LE, they wantt to keep their head just like Sills Does, funny he keeps saying it has nothing to do with the sons murder yet he says their is no evidence, then he'll contradict in someway

also bothering me is the time frame of death, it's a safe number for LE to throw out there without giving or knowing TOO much info

, but if RD hadn't eaten saturday morning then you can probably narrow the time frame further to Friday pm to saturday am sometime
if he had eaten saturday morning , then the time frame wuold be saturday am to saturday 430 pm

what coroner doesnt' investigate that info, maybe he did, maybe not, but reporting is terrible

just now searching the woods, focused on only the water all this time, we dont' know if we are hearing rumors or fact, even articles supposed facts, are probably just empty words by Sills, LE or reporters

this case won't ever get solved

and you've got terrified people all over eatonton and greensboro because it seems there are no single facts given correctly

JMO and how I'm feeling about it all today

HLN now. Martin Savage at great waters.

thanks! watching!

poopooed all ideas of organized crime and said nothing in THE VICTIMs lives to support this theory BUT NO MENTION OF MURDERED SON

HLN had really good video of lake and the house.
If anyone missed it, they usually repeat segments. (I think)

Beautiful house BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member