GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! watching!

poopooed all ideas of organized crime and said nothing in THE VICTIMs lives to support this theory BUT NO MENTION OF MURDERED SON

Yes, they talked about the son. Perhaps you only caught the second part, it was quite a long segment separated by a commercial.

HLN now. Martin Savage at great waters.

TY, Xara... Just caught the last 5 minutes and noticed on the possible motives listed that the most obvious, imo; a possible sadistic sexual predator/gerontophile, wasn't even considered as a motive.
Sure wish Sheriff Sills would release the behavioral profile prepared by the FBI BAU2 to the public..

Xara, can you hit the high points of the HLN discussion? TIA

TY, Xara... Just caught the last 5 minutes and noticed on the possible motives listed that the most obvious, imo; a possible sadistic sexual predator/gerontophile, wasn't even considered as a motive.
Sure wish Sheriff Sills would release the behavioral profile prepared by the FBI BAU2 to the public..

Sure, let me rewind and I'll take some notes. Brb.

A plan to steal something of “great value” in the house – something worth millions of dollars – “but normally, you don’t cut off somebody’s head, if that’s the case.”

Does that mean the Dermonds own something worth millions of dollars??

One of the children said their parents weren't wealthy (I guess that that's a relative term).
I would then infer whatever the item is, it was not recently acquired; maybe something they inherited that has grown in value recently.

Art, jewelry, a historical document? It's hard to say but whatever it is, it must be portable. My biggest question is, is the item gone?!?

Another thought that's been nothing me...if LE thinks they might have been abducted elsewhere and Russell brought back, wouldn't that seem highly unlikely if he was dressed in pajama pAnts and a robe??

Abducted, killed on his early morning walk, then brought back to the house? So evidence could be in someone's car, truck, or van and he could have already been decapitated before putting him in the garage then. Maybe they/he had planned to kill only Mr. D but Mrs. D saw them come back. Why bring Mr. D back to the house and why take Mrs. D from the house? This is such a frustrating case!!

Abducted, killed on his early morning walk, then brought back to the house? So evidence could be in someone's car, truck, or van and he could have already been decapitated before putting him in the garage then. Maybe they/he had planned to kill only Mr. D but Mrs. D saw them come back. Why bring Mr. D back to the house and why take Mrs. D from the house? This is such a frustrating case!!

And if he was abducted and killed on the morning walk, then wherever he was walking, the perp either knew where he lived, or found out where he lived, to put his body in the correct garage.
Maybe it is possible Russell Dermond befriended the perp and brought the perp back to his home for whatever reason, if Russell was on a walk?
Yes, it is a frustrating case!
IMOO.

In the first part, Vinny had Sills on the phone.
Sills says NO good leads so far.
Re: sons murder.....pretty much what we already know..
He was buying a small amount of crack, dealer robbed and killed him. Street level drug deal. NO drug trafficking or cartel involvement.

Vinny asked if could be some sort of revenge on one of the other children. Sills said they have been looking into that but nothing so far.
( this is just IMO, but it didn't sound like they have investigated too deeply into that aspect yet)

Part 2 coming up.....sorry I type very slow. I'm on a tablet.

Marin Savage @ Great Waters.
Like I already mentioned, lots of good footage of the gate and especially the lake and dock area. He said it was an easy 5 minute boat ride from rental area to Dermond dock.

I urge everyone to try and catch this on repeat, gives you a really good perspective on how easy it would be by boat.

snipped.. " 'The more we think about it, the more it makes sense that this was just some sick individual who randomly targeted them.' He added it could have been the work of a cult."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dy-1m-home-Georgia-murder-mystery-horror.html

This was under a photo of family members in the article.

I was shocked to see that photo! I mean not hanging around in case Mrs. Dermond was found and then having that picture put in a paper? :shocked2:

Yeah I dont' think we know a whole lot, and neighbors being afraid to talk to LE, they wantt to keep their head just like Sills Does, funny he keeps saying it has nothing to do with the sons murder yet he says their is no evidence, then he'll contradict in someway

also bothering me is the time frame of death, it's a safe number for LE to throw out there without giving or knowing TOO much info

, but if RD hadn't eaten saturday morning then you can probably narrow the time frame further to Friday pm to saturday am sometime
if he had eaten saturday morning , then the time frame wuold be saturday am to saturday 430 pm

what coroner doesnt' investigate that info, maybe he did, maybe not, but reporting is terrible

just now searching the woods, focused on only the water all this time, we dont' know if we are hearing rumors or fact, even articles supposed facts, are probably just empty words by Sills, LE or reporters

------>this case won't ever get solved<--------
and you've got terrified people all over eatonton and greensboro because it seems there are no single facts given correctly

JMO and how I'm feeling about it all today

BBM That's how I'm feeling too and I'm terrified and I don't even live in Georgia! :scared:

HLN had really good video of lake and the house.
If anyone missed it, they usually repeat segments. (I think)

Beautiful house BTW.

Hi Xara. Like they will repeat it later today or put it on YouTube. Would love to see it.

BBM! This is top on my list at the moment. Maybe Sheriff Sills is not going to say that outloud because of everyone is in a panic already. :facepalm:

Yeah I dont' think we know a whole lot, and neighbors being afraid to talk to LE, they wantt to keep their head just like Sills Does, funny he keeps saying it has nothing to do with the sons murder yet he says their is no evidence, then he'll contradict in someway

also bothering me is the time frame of death, it's a safe number for LE to throw out there without giving or knowing TOO much info

, but if RD hadn't eaten saturday morning then you can probably narrow the time frame further to Friday pm to saturday am sometime
if he had eaten saturday morning , then the time frame wuold be saturday am to saturday 430 pm

what coroner doesnt' investigate that info, maybe he did, maybe not, but reporting is terrible

just now searching the woods, focused on only the water all this time, we dont' know if we are hearing rumors or fact, even articles supposed facts, are probably just empty words by Sills, LE or reporters

this case won't ever get solved

and you've got terrified people all over eatonton and greensboro because it seems there are no single facts given correctly

JMO and how I'm feeling about it all today

Do you think this fear could be based on them thinking they know who did this. Or collectively have some good theories of the what, why and where. ty

I wondered the same thing about the golf course being open to the public. I guess the only way to find out for certain is to call and ask. I would think if anyone could play golf there, the security gate would have names of those golfers so they could clear them through the gate.

As for the house being one or two stories, the lot slopes down to the lake and the basement therefore is a walk out basement.
Also to RAZZ who originally asked the question.

First to Hickory Born.

You are correct that though most of us would consider this a 2 story house, it is one with a [mostly] finished basement. Very, very common for the lake fronting properties. As I mentioned earlier, I installed home theaters there and most were in the "basement". You would walk into a beautiful house and then descend stairs to larger space that would could be anything, but usually a very large main room where there could be pool tables, juke boxes etc. (remember..these people are well off). They would have huge sliding glass doors/floor-to-ceiling windows so you got a good view of the lake. (all that daylight streaming in would wash out my TV, but you do what you gotta do)

Usually, there was still enough room left over to have an extra bedroom, and/or office etc. The 'unfinished' part was just what was necessary to reach furnaces, shut-off valves etc.

As to the golf course, I knew that back in 2010 (my last time there) it was private only, but since that time, Met Life had bought the properties.

A Google search brought me this: http://www.worldgolf.com/courses/usa/georgia/eatonton/reynolds-plantation-great-waters-course.html

Here is the relevant part (though I know it won't hold the table format, you should be able to read it:
Type Private/Resort
Holes 18
Architect(s) Jack Nicklaus
Year built 1992
Guest Policy With Member or staying at Ritz Carlton

For members and guests of the Ritz Carlton at Lake Oconee
Price Range Weekdays $195 - $260
Price Range Weekends $195 - $260
Credit Cards Accepted Yes
So RAZZ, while I like your thinking (about staying at the Ritz and gaining access to Great Waters by playing golf etc.) you can see just how expensive that would be. Plus you would have to play the part of cultured individuals.

Very professional.

However...if you are THAT professional, it would be far easier to dress as fishermen and float right up to their backdoor.

I was pretty open to it being by car or boat, but after seeing that footage on HLN, I'm leaning towards boat.

I was pretty open to it being by car or boat, but after seeing that footage on HLN, I'm leaning towards boat.

I missed the HLN spot but hoping to see it later. Did the pictures indicate how the perp would have gotten Mrs. D. out of there. Easy to access, but what about leaving the property with either a dead woman or a fighting one. That is what I can't get around. ty

I missed the HLN spot but hoping to see it later. Did the pictures indicate how the perp would have gotten Mrs. D. out of there. Easy to access, but what about leaving the property with either a dead woman or a fighting one. That is what I can't get around. ty

The house looked to be fairly close to the water and not a treacherous walk at all.

I hate to even type this, but.....easily done with a weapon or if she was incapacitated, two could carry her with no trouble.

The only thing I am questioning is the lighting conditions if this happened after dark. Wonder what the moon was like on 5/2?

what about the other hearings? anyone testify? Or was this the first for RD?

I honestly don't know. I was responding to a post from Plumeria5. She wanted to know what parole hearing Sheriff Sills was referring to in the PC. And even Sills said 'supposedly'. He was trying to dispel rumors.
Anywho, I wish that Sills would be more transparent with details about this heinous crime. The perp(s) could be hiding right in plain sight, and no one would be the wiser. The public is an invaluable resource that is woefully underused by some branches of LE. :(

Regarding the workers at a neighboring house hearing loud voices - was that rumor or was it reported in MSM? I can't seem to find it. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro