GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking after 4:30pm Fri and before early SAT am.
It's not right to lump folks together, but many older folks go get that paper before their first cup of coffee.

I think perp may have been long gone before the Saturday paper even arrived.
Stomach contents should have given some idea as to time of day.

Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk[/QUOT]

hmmm, must've had food then, LE gave until 4:30 (right?) on Saturday before the party, must've determined from that, it would have been daylight

But then again, looks like LE or coroner would've excluded the friday night missing time frame to "sometime Saturday morning (if he had breakfast) to 430 saturday before party (since they didnt' show up as planned)

was it ever determined what time the paper comes on saturday or was it the mail that hadn't been picked up yet?

I know it was reported that the friday's crossword had been worked or started on which is probably one of the reasons LE gave the time frame they did for the case

I had GMH approach my car during my lunch hour at a red light at Marietta Square and ask me for money! Sadly I had it in my lap headed to Wendy's... My window was open and my doors were unlocked.
After he left the Marietta area and killed Meredith, he was found in the woods about 10 miles from
my home.

Didn't a Waffle House employee report him?
He made the hairs on my arms stand up! No teeth and all twitchy.
Saying "hey nurse can you help a man"
He was doing handy workin the area then...
~Shudder

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

gngr~snap his GF lived near you... It was the Huddle House. I ate there almost everyday at the time of the phone call, but didn't that day. The GBI's response to the huddle House was 4 hours, helicopters & multi squad cars. I was next door at the grocery store and left a few minutes after GMH about 5:30PM. Saw them in the woods on my way home on 01/03/2008. MHE was murdered on 01/04/2008. She should have been rescued...

My friend delivered papers for extra money. She had to go to some parking lot at like 3am. ALL sections were placed in large piles. They had to assemble the papers by section and rubber band them before loading in the car. ??? How did they work in rain? No idea! Anyway...
Sunday they had to arrive even earlier with all the inserts. Funnies, coupons, Atlanta Weekly...
My Sat/Sun papers have always arrived between 3am and 5am regardless of where I have lived.
We did also have an afternoon paper M-Fri. I stopped all of mine a few years ago.
I'm in North GA
I can't speak for South GA.

My friend delivered papers for extra money. She had to go to some parking lot at like 3am. ALL sections were placed in large piles. They had to assemble the papers by section and rubber band them before loading in the car. ??? How did they work in rain? No idea! Anyway...
Sunday they had to arrive even earlier with all the inserts. Funnies, coupons, Atlanta Weekly...
My Sat/Sun papers have always arrived between 3am and 5am regardless of where I have lived.
We did also have an afternoon paper M-Fri. I stopped all of mine a few years ago.
I'm in North GA
I can't speak for South GA.

Hi north ga neighbor! I was wondering if the person who delivers the newspaper has been checked out...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Why were there so many cadaver dog searches for Lauren Giddings remains, but not so many searches for the Dermonds?

Also, I do NOT want to start a discussion about whether or not cadaver dogs are effective and the methods that this one or that one uses.

Btw, I remember one "websleuth expert" about cadaver dogs saying that it was a false reaction of the dog at the law school dumpster during the Lauren Giddings search and I believe that smd said he did put her remains in the law school dumpster.

Bessie or Backwoods can definitely answer that in regards to Giddings case but I was curious as to why none have been used either or IF they have in this case, It seems like they've been convinced the parts were in the lake, now on second thought, LE is combing the nearby empty lots, could've called in the dogs, a week has past

But first lets talk about how effective they are or AREN"T LOL kidding
I hate that too it's so reliable and then unreliable in different cases

I think the cadaver used wasn't a "professional", IDK what you call them, but for the record, SMD SAID that but not sure he is telling the truth anyway, but the owner of that dog I think believed strongly that LG body parts were put there, seems like they didnt' find a hit, I could be wrong

It's hard for me to imagine that the perp./perps. would have been watching the Dermonds very closely while the Dermonds were home because if you look at the property on google maps it looks like their home is located where no one would have any business/reason/legitimate excuse to be unless they were known by the Dermonds. Their home is VERY secluded. There would be no reason for a "walker" or "jogger" or someone out on a "Sunday afternoon drive" to be at the end of that cul-de-sac. Yet, I can't imagine a perp. just happened upon their home at the time of the crime. The perp. had to know they were there. I guess maybe a brazen person could have been scouting the place out but it seems to me that someone on their road would have noticed such a person at some point, if it were done more than a time or two. Of course, if such a person were very familiar to the neighbors then it wouldn't have raised any red flags maybe.

Also, I didn't realize until looking at the map that the club house is right by the entrance to their road. Someone posted that only property owners could use the golf course but someone else posted that it was open to the public. Just wondering if the proximity to the clubhouse has anything to do with why the Dermonds were the victims.

oh sorry, was talking about the cameras had quit working on april 28th, correct me if this is wrong, just the timing of that seemed very convenient

So on April 28th, was there someone that entered to do work or visit who had never been to GW before? If the cameras were rigged to malfunction, was there any video of them doing it? I wish.

This is gruesome but might explain a few things, of which "I" was unaware

http://www.capitalpunishmentuk.org/behead.html

it probably wasn't performed while RD was lying at an angle and RD was probably moved only a few feet (as was posted or mentioned here) only for the heinous act to be able to be completed with one clean cut

Articles stated RD was already dead before the removal so I dont' think he was returned from another location from what I get from reading the above website

more to it if you want to read it, other points that might tell how tall the perp was possibly but not in this case, becuase RD was already deceased, you'll just have to read it

I just hope Neither suffered prolongly

Is it unusual for a married couple to only have one persons name on the deed, not both?

It's hard for me to imagine that the perp./perps. would have been watching the Dermonds very closely while the Dermonds were home because if you look at the property on google maps it looks like their home is located where no one would have any business/reason/legitimate excuse to be unless they were known by the Dermonds. Their home is VERY secluded. There would be no reason for a "walker" or "jogger" or someone out on a "Sunday afternoon drive" to be at the end of that cul-de-sac. Yet, I can't imagine a perp. just happened upon their home at the time of the crime. The perp. had to know they were there. I guess maybe a brazen person could have been scouting the place out but it seems to me that someone on their road would have noticed such a person at some point, if it were done more than a time or two. Of course, if such a person were very familiar to the neighbors then it wouldn't have raised any red flags maybe.
Also, I didn't realize until looking at the map that the club house is right by the entrance to their road. Someone posted that only property owners could use the golf course but someone else posted that it was open to the public. Just wondering if the proximity to the clubhouse has anything to do with why the Dermonds were the victims.

so you are thinking not someone from within but a "hit" linked to the past? I doubt a serious jogger or walker was the perp

That video posted earlier by CLemente I think was his name stated that someone of higher intelligence or
more criminally sophisticated commits crimes at the home

so that means, someone who's done it before, someone who could fit in?

I thought so also but wasn't sure if it was a generational thing.

FWIW, we have two properties in that county - one shows on the website with both names, one shows with one name. Both names are definitely on both of our deeds. No clue why they were entered that way? Of course I don't know how their deed actually reads...

So on April 28th, was there someone that entered to do work or visit who had never been to GW before? If the cameras were rigged to malfunction, was there any video of them doing it? I wish.

I'm no expert on this stuff, but even my "wireless router" is connected to the outside phone line, who could tamper?

the system GW had i understand was one that you could view on your television when tuned to a certain channel, of peoples comings and goings

I know there is a system online you can subscribe to or something to get video surveillance you can view from any computer/tv, probably networked computer? so was this through the cable network?

So where are the cables coming in at? IDK, just thinking out loud

So the realtor that drowned, did she have any heart problems, health issues, depression? Seems a little odd her license had just expired around a week before she died.
Not sure if there could be a connection but another person dies that is backed up to a lake just a few days apart.

"would not occur at least until next year?" What parole hearing?

The parole hearing for the drug dealer who is responsible for the son's (Mark) death. Mr. D was going to testify at the hearing.
That's what I understand from reading at the link Carolinapeach posted. I could be wrong. And it wouldn't be the 1st time. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member