GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, well I was pretty sure I had figured that out a bit back becuase it was working like clock work, very consistent, so now I KNOW it's true, thnks for that info!

SOO, when do we all get our checks for our hard work ?! :floorlaugh:

Check's in the mail, Tomkat....:floorlaugh:

I guess I am different.:) The drug cartel or mob never entered my mind and still doesn't. The mafia or cartels or even hit man don't take the head's from the location. They leave the gruesome scene there for everyone to see the decapitated body along the head laying away from it.

I don't think Douglas thinks this is a professional hit and I have seen other profilers who didn't mention the mob or cartel either.

Plus all of those groups don't go through the trouble to travel 5 miles by boat at night to dispose of a body that they have no familiar linkage to in the first place. They either leave the body there or when they are leaving the area they will throw them in a wooded area above ground not even bothering to bury them.

Only someone that wants to distance the victims for himself hides and submerges bodies. There is a link between him and the victims and that is why he submerged her body and most likely Russ' head..

I think the beheading in this case is very personal and shows a lot of rage and pent up anger. I do think he was fully prepared to carry this out in the manner in which he did. I had already said if the head was decapitated with a clean cut then he has skills in this area. He has used a machete before or sword, imo. He may even use it in his profession or has skills decapitating some type of head from the body. He could even have a medical background.

In fact I think he wants everyone to jump to the conclusion it just has to be a mob, cartel, or a professional hit. If they do that then he has used a great diversionary tactic so that others are looking away from him as the suspect and with some it seems to be working. lol! I have a feeling it isn't working with Sills and the FBI behavioral unit though.

This man is right there and I bet he was even interviewed by the FBI and Sills yesterday. I would love to know what 30 questions were asked of the residents. We can all believe each one has a hidden agenda and they will be pouring over how each one was answered.

IMO

I go back and forth but the GBI interview today did state, that I've not heard til now, that if it's a statment or a message to someone, they LEAVE the head with the body, he suggested as others have that the head is missing in order to remove evidence from the scene

i agree with much of hwat you are saying and I' had also stated in an earlier thread that the perp may simply be trying to confuse and make it APPEAR as something of a cartel pro hit or such, the beheading is just so out of the ordinary but indeed, they were angry, damned angry, I hope they get whats coming to them

But I am like you, I'd LOVE to know what went down with those interviews! HOPE AND PRAY we know something soon, every poor soul I see on tv being interviewed at the lake with a boat, I look at in a differnt way now! LOL

I have to say, I'd like for this not to have happen to them or anyone at all, but I wish it was cartel instead of someone in our/near my community, sorry if that sounds selfish but it does eliminate some of the fear of the unknown is all I'm saying

and BTW Foxfire, you were right, elimination (boot prints)

I am not the least bit surprised Zuri. I have always felt all of the Dermond family are good hard working people.

I think if the killer is ever caught the reason why they were both murdered will be as senseless and nonsensical as the murders themselves.

We have seen so many innocent people murdered over the years for the most trivial of reasons that it is mind boggling.

IMO

That reminds me of this one case where a resort owner was ambushed and had a cooler of acid poured on his face and body. It literally melted his skin off and he died in the hospital later because of the injuries.

The motive? The president of a condo next door was upset that the resort owner had set up hedges that blocked the view of the beach, which the condo president liked to see whenever he took a walk. So he hired two guys to throw a cooler of acid on the poor guy.

People commit hideous crimes that are 100% nonsensical and indefensible to the rest of us, but probably makes perfect sense to the killer. The Dermonds' murder might have been for a similarly stupid reason.

ETA: Just looked it up. Here is an article for anyone interested. It happened here in Florida (not surprising, since all the really crazy stuff seems to happen here).

If this couple ever had an internal beef with someone that worked for them, did their yard, painted their house, replaced their carpet, I sure hope they told one of their neighbors or friends about it. This whole thing may boil down to something that simple.

Somebody that didn't get paid enough, or didn't get paid at all, due to shoddy workmanship.

Hopefully, they said something about it to someone outside their inner circle. Maybe it will surface soon. Night kiddo's....

Tomkat------tell 'em who did it, you get $20,000

Your theories ? $0.00

WEll I guess I was a big ole CHIcken and thought I couldn't use that money cuz I came home early from the lake that week and was NOT on the lake searching!

I go back and forth but the GBI interview today did state, that I've not heard til now, that if it's a statment or a message to someone, they LEAVE the head with the body, he suggested as others have that the head is missing in order to remove evidence from the scene

i agree with much of hwat you are saying and I' had also stated in an earlier thread that the perp may simply be trying to confuse and make it APPEAR as something of a cartel pro hit or such, the beheading is just so out of the ordinary but indeed, they were angry, damned angry, I hope they get whats coming to them

But I am like you, I'd LOVE to know what went down with those interviews! HOPE AND PRAY we know something soon, every poor soul I see on tv being interviewed at the lake with a boat, I look at in a differnt way now! LOL

I have to say, I'd like for this not to have happen to them or anyone at all, but I wish it was cartel instead of someone in our/near my community, sorry if that sounds selfish but it does eliminate some of the fear of the unknown is all I'm saying

and BTW Foxfire, you were right, elimination (boot prints)

Since he went to all the trouble to go 5 miles in the dark of night to submerge Shirley's body and removed Russ' head did he think he could be caught if the ME had both heads to examine?

Is he known for using some kind of tool that is very consistent with her wound patterns?
Does he fear that if that became known it may implicate him personally?

What if it isn't a crowbar but something similar that was seen in his home all the time on display?

Unless the bludgeoning tool makes a distinct pattern on the scalp then the ME has to guess at what weapon may have been used by looking at the depressed or compressed fractures to the skull.

But the killer wouldn't know that it didn't leave distinct marks so he removed the head and submerged Shirley taking no chances.

Just things I wonder about. LOL!

Yes, I think we all like to think the murderer is some big bad scary group of people we don't ever associate with in our normal daily life. It makes us feel safer. However; the truth is more people are often murdered by someone they knew even if it is a casual association.

IMO

Since he went to all the trouble to go 5 miles in the dark of night to submerge Shirley's body and removed Russ' head did he think he could be caught if the ME had both heads to examine?

Is he known for using some kind of tool that is very consistent with her wound patterns?
Does he fear that if that became known it may implicate him personally?

What if it isn't a crowbar but something similar that was seen in his home all the time on display?

Unless the bludgeoning tool makes a distinct pattern on the scalp then the ME has to guess at what weapon may have been used by looking at the depressed or compressed fractures to the skull.

But the killer wouldn't know that it didn't leave distinct marks so he removed the head and submerged Shirley taking no chances.

Just things I wonder about. LOL!

Yes, I think we all like to think the murderer is some big bad scary group of people we don't ever associate with in our normal daily life. It makes us feel safer. However; the truth is more people are often murdered by someone they knew even if it is a casual association.

IMO

Why it's so confusing, we don't know what was on RD skull and shirley was recovered

I have removed several posts today for sleuthing innocent people. If you are sleuthing someone and you want to post it here, include your link that shows the person is related to this case, as stated by LE or MSM. If you don't have a link, don't post your sleuthing results.

Salem

If this couple ever had an internal beef with someone that worked for them, did their yard, painted their house, replaced their carpet, I sure hope they told one of their neighbors or friends about it. This whole thing may boil down to something that simple.

Somebody that didn't get paid enough, or didn't get paid at all, due to shoddy workmanship.

Hopefully, they said something about it to someone outside their inner circle. Maybe it will surface soon. Night kiddo's....

anxious to know!

Having been in the residential construction/real estate industry during the boom, and subsequent bust, could the current "unpleasantness" be somehow related to the changes that happened a few years back? These articles from GPB may give you a good view into the changes at RP a few years back. There were some unhappy folks. IMO.

http://www.gpb.org/news/Reynolds-Plantation/related

Hi Advocate- Thanks for the article. Several things: I am not sure
I think the Dermonds are a mafia hit. 2). It didn't say when this
mobster's last hit was. From the article I'm guessing mid 90's.
Much has changed In the world since then. 3) This was just one
man's opinion and thoughts. I don't believe the Italian mafia
are the only ones with a lock on settling disputes or sending
messages by murder.

Very true a lot has changed and the mexican cartels have a much heavier presence now and they will kill your whole family.

MOD NOTE: To clear up confusion over what constitutes "sleuthing", when you search around on the web to locate information about an individual, you are "sleuthing" that person, regardless of whether or not the intent is to suggest s/he is complicit in a crime. If that person does not fall into the POI category, and you post your findings here, or otherwise allude to your findings, you are violating TOS.

I guess I am different.:) The drug cartel or mob never entered my mind and still doesn't. The mafia or cartels or even hit man don't take the head's from the location. They leave the gruesome scene there for everyone to see the decapitated body along the head laying away from it.

I don't think Douglas thinks this is a professional hit and I have seen other profilers who didn't mention the mob or cartel either.

Plus all of those groups don't go through the trouble to travel 5 miles by boat at night to dispose of a body that they have no familiar linkage to in the first place. They either leave the body there or when they are leaving the area they will throw them in a wooded area above ground not even bothering to bury them.

Only someone that wants to distance the victims for himself hides and submerges bodies. There is a link between him and the victims and that is why he submerged her body and most likely Russ' head..

I think the beheading in this case is very personal and shows a lot of rage and pent up anger. I do think he was fully prepared to carry this out in the manner in which he did. I had already said if the head was decapitated with a clean cut then he has skills in this area. He has used a machete before or sword, imo. He may even use it in his profession or has skills decapitating some type of head from the body. He could even have a medical background.

In fact I think he wants everyone to jump to the conclusion it just has to be a mob, cartel, or a professional hit. If they do that then he has used a great diversionary tactic so that others are looking away from him as the suspect and with some it seems to be working. lol! I have a feeling it isn't working with Sills and the FBI behavioral unit though.

This man is right there and I bet he was even interviewed by the FBI and Sills yesterday. I would love to know what 30 questions were asked of the residents. We can all believe each one has a hidden agenda and they will be pouring over how each one was answered.

IMO
<BBM for Focus>

Ocean, I agree that there is no indications of a mob or cartel involvement.. Although I agree that there may have been anger involved.

I disagree that the beheading indicates that there was any prior pent up anger and rage directed at the Dermonds. Imo, the perp/s had pre-planned, and executed this sadistic and heinous crime without any human emotions, as would a mountain lion with its prey..
It doesn't require any prior or specialized training to decapitate a person with a clean cut if the proper tool is available. Although a sharp serrated kitchen knife can be used for this purpose, imo a hack saw was likely used..

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Buck-Bros-Standard-Hack-Saw-12050/100351892

Guess, it is possible that the perp was interviewed during the neighborhood canvass..
Thirty questions seems more like an assessment or psychological evaluation, rather than a standard information gathering interview, huh? Prolly had a question or two thrown in to indicate truthfulness too. If I was a betting person, I would wage money that many of the questions were likely designed by the behavioral analysis unit with a specific profile of the unknown suspect/s in mind..

Although very rare due to the victim's ages.. Imo, due to a probable meth/molly connection, and the sadistic nature in the Dermond's abduction/murder/decapitation. It would be reasonable to conclude that the primary motive may have been sexual..JMO

I have been thinking about how shook up the two fishermen were who found Mrs. Dermond's body. Those men were rocked to their cores after finding her. One couldn't even speak and his wife broke down while she read a statement for him.

I am wondering if the killer(s) might have posed her in some sort of horrible way and that is why the men are so traumatized after they found her. :(

ETA: That would explain the wording of "placed the body" in the news reports -and- account for how tremendously shaken the fishermen were after the discovery.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Call me paranoid but I actually have a file on my computer, "Attention, police." And in it I have some info of names of a few people that may not have my best interests at heart, if you know what I mean. Just in case...:scared:

How awesome would it be if LE secretly came here and posted....and gave us tidbits about what was going on behind the scenes?

Oopss....I must be dreaming again.

Call me paranoid but I actually have a file on my computer, "Attention, police." And in it I have some info of names of a few people that may not have my best interests at heart, if you know what I mean. Just in case...:scared:

You're paranoid, LOL, joking, I hope the Dermonds had one on their computer, if they had one

Wow...that's serious business Plum....
My folder would include each one of my kids as they moved from the teen years to young adulthood. They definitely did not have my best interest at heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1