GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mrs. Dermond's body was originally weighed down...Sheriff's not going to say.

Did LE find what may have been used to weigh her body down?

...Dermond was partially submerged. Sills would not comment on whether any attempt was made to weigh down the body.

"I will not get into anything that could jeopardize the investigation," Sills said.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25539405/report-of-unidentified-body-found-in-eatonton

Yes, and in that same interview he spoke of gases from decomp causing a body to come up to the surface which causes me to think maybe she was weighted down or perhaps got caught in the branches of a submerged tree and currents and or wakes from passing traffic of boats eventually managed to shake her free and fully come to the surface above the water.

WHAT? about the body being "PLACED" where it was?

I stated earlier that I thought it just meant that she hadn't drifted there from another location and she'd been dumped there, otherwise people think he killed her at home and she'd drifter IMO

Placed could mean that she was hung on that tree intentionally or attached becuase it was mostly underwater and she wasn't really hanging, but snagged

But if that's the case, I would THINK that someone would have seen her before then, it's the main river, I always notice whats floating in the water, I'm a dumpdiver anyway :floorlaugh:I just like good finds

but then again, everyone doesnt pay attention, unless it's in the middle of the river in your path

But if it's a prime fishing spot and fisherman in fishing and jon boats I'm sure are up and down there quite often, she'd have been discovered if attached at water level or above

JMO!!

Hmmmm... Did they write article that specifically for us? JK - sorta. Have you googled the description in the comment? TomKat any comment on that comment?

It's just weird how they describe where Mrs. D was found

"Dermond’s body was found in 46 feet of water, in a part of the lake where the tops of underwater trees jut close to or above the surface.

A source familiar with the investigation told The Telegraph that the body had been “placed” where it was found. The source did not elaborate.

Even so, the revelation indicates that Dermond’s corpse was not adrift and that authorities now have evidence of how her killer may have tried to hide her body.

Such clues could prove helpful in determining the validity of tips should people claiming to know specifics of the crime come forward, or when potential suspects are questioned."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html#storylink=cpy

So did someone dive in with the body and try to tie the body lower down on the tree? I don't know what to think. This is just crazy. :hills:

Lol - I think this happens because the reporters are reading here, and THEY are ones using our ideas for their list of insistent questions at the next news conference!

Earlier in the first thread I posted this link and I mentioned that I believe they printed the wrong first name, as Shirley's name is Shirley, not Sandra. They did correct it, to reflect Shirley, not Sandra.
So somebody reads here, OR others have the same thought process as I do.
IMOO.
http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_72b506e2-29f0-11e2-b12e-0019bb2963f4.html
"Web shopping scam nets $2K
A four-day, $2,000-plus shopping spree on two websites came as a big shock to the Putnam County couple asked to foot the bill.
Russell and Shirley Dermond, of Carolyn Drive near Lake Oconee, reported seven charges on their American Express card were made by someone else.
Five purchases on Macys.com and two purchases on Amazon.com were made between Sept. 20-23.
Reports indicate Dermond found the charges on his credit card statement and was told by his credit card company to report the charges to law enforcement. The case was reported to Putnam County officials Oct. 24.
(Note: This report has been updated to reflect a name correction: Mrs. Dermond's first name is Shirley, not Sandra.)"

That's what I think. I think the killer tied Mrs. Dermond to one of the trees.

LE used the term "placed" which could mean anything, including your thought. When I think of "placed", after death, I think of "with care". The report that SD was not mutilated and placed, IMO, indicates that the message was for a man, not a woman, and that SD death was incidental. The "care" IMO also showed that the perpetrators probably loved their mother or grandmother.

Does that make sense? Sometimes I have trouble relaying my thoughts coherently!

And I hope that is true, and that they continue!

Me too! Because we all ask waayyyyy better questions. No reporter even asked what clothes Mr. D was wearing in that first presser. Sills might have answered that - if asked innocently enough....

Do y'all notice we all seem to get on the same brain wave length sometimes too? That doesn't creep me out. It's pretty amazing.

Interesting to note that horses were a part of the Dermond family. I'm sure they were looking forward to the KD Party. Such a shame it didn't set off more bells for someone to come looking when they were no shows for the party.

BB tomorrow. Gotta walk the :beagle:. She's driving me :nuts:. Then need a hot :bath: and ponder our thoughts, theories and opinions. :loveyou:

Lol - I think this happens because the reporters are reading here, and THEY are ones using our ideas for their list of insistent questions at the next news conference!

Right on Dr. W!

And also don't quote the posts that are the violations of TOS!!!

I deleted mine as I did it too!

It is interesting how the press seems to be thinking along the same lines as we and asking the same questions we are.

In light of that it makes the TOS even more important to observe.

So does anyone else wonder why LE was taking exemplar footprints from footwear of LE at this point in the investigation? Maybe I watch too much CSI but if a footprint were found at the original scene (Mr Dermond being found) then why would they be waiting til now to rule out responders? Has something new developed?

hmmmm

okay if we dont' overthink it then we're right back to the drug cartel or mob

it's the first thing that comes to everyones mind and it's been stated by professionals that

It's a more sosphisticated person to enter the home and kill than pick up off the streets

and beheading is basically premeditate if the perp has to come prepared as the experts say

I guess I am different.:) The drug cartel or mob never entered my mind and still doesn't. The mafia or cartels or even hit man don't take the head's from the location. They leave the gruesome scene there for everyone to see the decapitated body along the head laying away from it.

I don't think Douglas thinks this is a professional hit and I have seen other profilers who didn't mention the mob or cartel either.

Plus all of those groups don't go through the trouble to travel 5 miles by boat at night to dispose of a body that they have no familiar linkage to in the first place. They either leave the body there or when they are leaving the area they will throw them in a wooded area above ground not even bothering to bury them.

Only someone that wants to distance the victims for himself hides and submerges bodies. There is a link between him and the victims and that is why he submerged her body and most likely Russ' head..

I think the beheading in this case is very personal and shows a lot of rage and pent up anger. I do think he was fully prepared to carry this out in the manner in which he did. I had already said if the head was decapitated with a clean cut then he has skills in this area. He has used a machete before or sword, imo. He may even use it in his profession or has skills decapitating some type of head from the body. He could even have a medical background.

In fact I think he wants everyone to jump to the conclusion it just has to be a mob, cartel, or a professional hit. If they do that then he has used a great diversionary tactic so that others are looking away from him as the suspect and with some it seems to be working. lol! I have a feeling it isn't working with Sills and the FBI behavioral unit though.

This man is right there and I bet he was even interviewed by the FBI and Sills yesterday. I would love to know what 30 questions were asked of the residents. We can all believe each one has a hidden agenda and they will be pouring over how each one was answered.

IMO

speaking of

have you noticed every time we ponder something here in depth, it ends up being answered in the news a few days later

yeah I think they read it too

but freaky to think the perp/s might be talking to you too !!:scared:

tomkat, the internet crime forums, internet social media, drives the ms media. It is a great resource for them to gauge the pulse of the public, imo. Not sure if it is still active, but there was a ws notification, dedicated to stories needed by dateline, with the producer's email addy.. Many crime authors monitor this site for future novels. Seems, if I remember correctly, there is a ws thread dedicated for author discussions..

And yes, there has been many cases where the perps monitor their crimes and the progress in the investigation, as well as later verification of the perps posting on internet forums or in the comment sections of msm articles, etc..

LE, attorneys; both defense and prosecution, absolutely monitors the internet forums and chat lines, etc. In the FL death penalty trial for serial killer Gary Hilton, the defense attorney filed a motion for dismissal due to a comment on the chat line concerning a juror.. The judge quickly overruled the motion...

It is interesting how the press seems to be thinking along the same lines as we and asking the same questions we are.

In light of that it makes the TOS even more important to observe.

So does anyone else wonder why LE was taking exemplar footprints from footwear of LE at this point in the investigation? Maybe I watch too much CSI but if a footprint were found at the original scene (Mr Dermond being found) then why would they be waiting til now to rule out responders? Has something new developed?

hmmmm

Because at this point they appear to be reaching for straws ? Double checking and triple checking things they would normally ignore ? This crime is such a mystery, I think they are actually backtracking to make sure they didn't miss something.

Investigators rule out evidence in Lake Oconee murder mystery
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/investigators-rule-out-evidence-in-lake-oconee/vCbbRX/

Baldwin County Sheriff talks about investigation in double Putnam County homicide
http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/baldwin-county-sheriff-talks-about-investigation/vCbbRS/

Thanks Carolinapeach - I really like what the Baldwin county sheriff had to say about Sills - just confirms and sums up what my impressions of him have been lately - I think he will solve this!

Going out on a limb here and saying I think they were killed sometime Friday, maybe late Friday night/early Saturday morning. I do think Mr. D went for a walk Friday morning, but not to the Publix since he had been there Thursday. Friday morning perhaps he walked to . . . (fill in the blank) golf course? the closest neighbor's house?

Me too

seems since the mail on saturday wasn't picked up and the perps were busy beheading and dumping bodies, they got them before or right after supper on fri evening before bed as seh was in her regular clothes, probably meaning shorts or sweats

Of course as was inquired by somenoe here upthread, we dont' know if lights were on or off, garage door was up or down and as I would like to know, stomach contents of RD, which all would help US narrow it down

I dont see the perps doing that saturday daylight knowing the mailman and the paperboy OR ANYONE might show up and SINCE D's MISSED the party, clearly the murder was before then, of course we dont' know how long anything went on or what chaos ensued but I'd speculate NONE, and they probably got surprise attacks

and it was over before daylight saturday morn

tomkat, the internet crime forums, internet social media, drives the ms media. It is a great resource for them to gauge the pulse of the public, imo. Not sure if it is still active, but there was a ws notification, dedicated to stories needed by dateline, with the producer's email addy.. Many crime authors monitor this site for future novels. Seems, if I remember correctly, there is a ws thread dedicated for author discussions..

And yes, there has been many cases where the perps monitor their crimes and the progress in the investigation, as well as later verification of the perps posting on internet forums or in the comment sections of msm articles, etc..

LE, attorneys; both defense and prosecution, absolutely monitors the internet forums and chat lines, etc. In the FL death penalty trial for serial killer Gary Hilton, the defense attorney filed a motion for dismissal due to a comment on the chat line concerning a juror.. The judge quickly overruled the motion...

Thanks, well I was pretty sure I had figured that out a bit back becuase it was working like clock work, very consistent, so now I KNOW it's true, thnks for that info!

SOO, when do we all get our checks for our hard work ?! :floorlaugh:

Thanks, well I was pretty sure I had figured that out a bit back becuase it was working like clock work, very consistent, so now I KNOW it's true, thnks for that info!

SOO, when do we all get our checks for our hard work ?! :floorlaugh:

Tomkat------tell 'em who did it, you get $20,000

Your theories ? $0.00

HLN at noon EST today had Mike Brooks on, and IIRC, he said the FBI had found nothing on the Dermonds that would lead them to believe these folks were anything other than innocents. This crime is just so senseless and tragic.

Because at this point they appear to be reaching for straws ? Double checking and triple checking things they would normally ignore ? This crime is such a mystery, I think they are actually backtracking to make sure they didn't miss something.

I don't think so. We have to remember most of their time and effort for 11 days has been concentrated on finding Shirley since this all began.

Now that they have found her and know her COD too and the possible weapon used they can now get down to really investigating the case to find out who did this.

IMO

HLN at noon EST today had Mike Brooks on, and IIRC, he said the FBI had found nothing on the Dermonds that would lead them to believe these folks were anything other than innocents. This crime is just so senseless and tragic.

I am not the least bit surprised Zuri. I have always felt all of the Dermond family are good hard working people.

I think if the killer is ever caught the reason why they were both murdered will be as senseless and nonsensical as the murders themselves.

We have seen so many innocent people murdered over the years for the most trivial of reasons that it is mind boggling.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member