GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the week-end there were severe storms and it rained really bad. I mean bad storms.

I was wondering if any locals here can verify if there were the really bad storms in that general area during the time frame.

Humm...when it rains the water usually gets a bit rough and the act of killing on any boat would be tough going.

A pontoon would be covered but rocking and rolling.

We need to check the weather at Underground weather and see what the conditions were that Friday night, Sat morning.

That's something I have not thought about ...the weather conditions.

Could we all be thinking the wrong way? Maybe Mrs. D. was killed first so she would not be exposed to what the murderers were going to do to her husband?

What do you think?

Known vs. Unknown:

If fishermen found the corpse, when was the time LE searched the exact same area prior? The corpse could have been at the corpse found location for how long? Was the area prior searched and exactly when? Had the area been searched and LE found nothing? When? It is not absolute that LE found the corpse just after it had surfaced. How long could it have been at the found location? Fishermen found the corpse not LE. It could have been there for how long before found

I don't think the area where SD was found would have necessarily been "searched" at all - don't forget we're talking about a big lake of over 19,000 acres with 376 MILES of shoreline. They probably did some flyovers of the lake by helicopter, but concentrated their searching to the area around the home - about 5 miles away by boat.

Humm...when it rains the water usually gets a bit rough and the act of killing on any boat would be tough going.

A pontoon would be covered but rocking and rolling.

We need to check the weather at Underground weather and see what the conditions were that Friday night, Sat morning.

That's something I have not thought about ...the weather conditions.
Scroll all the way down and look to your right.
This site doesn't calculate rainfall.
Rain
May 2
May 10-11
Rain/ Thunderstorms
May14/15
Rain
May 18

http://www.wunderground.com/history...eq_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA&MR=1

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Could we all be thinking the wrong way? Maybe Mrs. D. was killed first so she would not be exposed to what the murderers were going to do to her husband?

What do you think?

It's a horrible thing to hope for, but I hope she was first and never knew what was done to her husband.

I am sure there are.
I was saying law enforcement in regards to knowing how to clean up a crime scene and not leave evidence behind.
Then again it doesn't seem like the perp knew that the body of Mrs. D would resurface, it was just a matter of time.
That makes me think of a person that wouldn't have that knowledge.
Any medical or emergency response people would know that...

You are right though, he sure knew how decapitate must not have bothered him much.

moo

You can go to YouTube and find out how to do almost anything. Have repaired my computer several times from You Tube videos. I know there are surgeries on the site. Perhaps there is an autopsy video or perhaps a video showing how to dissect a large animal similar to a human. . . . Just throwing some wild thoughts out there.

I think Mrs. Dermond's body was originally weighed down...Sheriff's not going to say.

Did LE find what may have been used to weigh her body down?

...Dermond was partially submerged. Sills would not comment on whether any attempt was made to weigh down the body.

"I will not get into anything that could jeopardize the investigation," Sills said.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25539405/report-of-unidentified-body-found-in-eatonton

I'm leaning towards a mentally ill killer who possibly had an "imagined" problem with the Dermonds. But, tomorrow I may lean in another direction.

I know this is VERY unlikely, but at the risk of embarrassment :blushing: what if... the killers method of transportation was small/narrow. After placing MrsD's body in the boat/canoe/kayak... he simply didn't have enough room for another full body, so he minimized MrD.

Good theory! It's just so confusing because we can't think like a crazy person.

Catching up....but just wanted to say that I remember several people here at WS commenting that they were having the exact same creepy feelings just before Austin Sigg was arrested. We will never know for sure if he was reading here, but I'd be willing to bet that he was.

I always felt like Israel Keys read here. . . :scared:

I think Mrs. Dermond's body was originally weighed down...Sheriff's not going to say.

Did LE find what may have been used to weigh her body down?

...Dermond was partially submerged. Sills would not comment on whether any attempt was made to weigh down the body.

"I will not get into anything that could jeopardize the investigation," Sills said.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25539405/report-of-unidentified-body-found-in-eatonton

I wonder if the murderer tied Mrs. Dermond's body to one of the trees?

What do you think?

Very likely, or perhaps removed from the scene and taken to a vacant house nearby while awaiting Mr. D to return from the pharmacy.

I wonder if the murderer tied Mrs. Dermond's body to one of the trees?

I am wondering the same thing. Something just seems odd about the description from the fishermen to me. I know they were told not to elaborate and had to be careful about what they said though. JMO.

Very likely, or perhaps removed from the scene and taken to a vacant house nearby while awaiting Mr. D to return from the pharmacy.

When did Russell go to a pharmacy?
Or was that an opinion of where he could have been?
I haven't seen the link unless the Publix is where the pharmacy is.
IMOO.
The link below states that he was at a Publix on Thursday, May 1st.

"Thursday, May 1: Russell Dermond is seen at Publix in Lake Oconee Village Shopping Center. Shirley Dermond plays in one of the twice-weekly bridge games hosted at The Plaza Arts Center by the Eatonton Duplicate Bridge Club; she was elected the group’s president in January.
Friday, May 2: A resident reports seeing someone he thought was Russell Dermond walking on the neighborhood golf course, but says he is not sure.
Shirley Dermond works a crossword puzzle in Friday’s edition of USAToday newspaper, according to evidence found in the home."

"Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills says he believes Russell Dermond was killed Friday, May 2, or Saturday, May 3."

http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_d8154a8a-db9a-11e3-b822-0019bb2963f4.html

REMINDER

• We do not sleuth individuals who have not been named by law enforcement as suspects or persons of interest.
  • We do not link to social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter) of persons who have not been indicated as suspects/POI's by LE.
  • We do not link to a social media page unless we are 100% certain it belongs to the suspect/victim.
  • We never post the name of a private individual who has not been named in the media. Even then, unless s/he's a major player, initials should be used in place of full names.
  • With the exception of a victim, we never post the full name of a minor.
  • Linking to social media pages (Facebook, Twitter) is allowed for these four categories: Victims, Suspects, MSM and LE.
  • FACTS must be accompanied by a link to an appropriate source, i.e., MSM, LE. Blogs are not MSM.
  • If you can't link it, you can't post it.
  • RUMORS are not allowed to be posted.
  • Any exceptions to the rule MUST be mod-approved.
  • If you don't think you should post it, then DON'T.

Questions about the rules or moderator decisions should be addressed to a mod in a pm.

If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not quote it. Alert the post ASAP so a mod can handle the problem.

:bump:

I think this is the week-end there were severe storms and it rained really bad. I mean bad storms.

I was wondering if any locals here can verify if there were the really bad storms in that general area during the time frame.

Is the campground you are speaking of anywhere near the Dermonds?

NO, but I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question for them to have camped there if they don't live at oconee

it's on sinclair, can't be accessed by boat to dermonds

I think the Feds are all over this and I would think they are looking at RS investment portfolio, businesses of relatives, banking, everything. I just can't get my head around this being random. JMV

ETA: I also think they are looking at members of the community and golf course. If the Dermonds were killed as intimidation or as an example to catch the attention of a specific person, and it was not personal, the Feds are working it behind the scenes. There is wealth there. The Ritz just isn't just anywhere. JMV

IMOO.

"Thursday, May 1: Russell Dermond is seen at Publix in Lake Oconee Village Shopping Center. Shirley Dermond plays in one of the twice-weekly bridge games hosted at The Plaza Arts Center by the Eatonton Duplicate Bridge Club; she was elected the group’s president in January.
Friday, May 2: A resident reports seeing someone he thought was Russell Dermond walking on the neighborhood golf course, but says he is not sure.
Shirley Dermond works a crossword puzzle in Friday’s edition of USAToday newspaper, according to evidence found in the home."

"Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills says he believes Russell Dermond was killed Friday, May 2, or Saturday, May 3."

http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_d8154a8a-db9a-11e3-b822-0019bb2963f4.html

My bad! Yes, it was Publix. Why was I thinking pharmacy? Must be skipping down that crazy path with fred&edna. . . :rollercoaster: :lol: :skip:

IMOO.

Just a guess here. IF he or Mrs. D were on any kind of medication be it preventative or otherwise, the first of the month may have been when he usually had them filled. Most Publix in GA have pharmacies.

I did read they did have him on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members