GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tomcat, I believe they were just ruling out persons that were supposed to be on the scene. But unless it was interior only, it wouldn't really mean anything due to the amount of time that has passed.. Guess, the Sheriff did say that no one was ruled out as a suspect but him, huh?

Respectfully BBM and

Slightly O/T:

I like this guy. The Sheriff. I'm a Northeasterner from a major metro area...and I like him...Glass-Half-Full!

He did indeed haha

Well, if they have the footprints, then they can do what they want or need to do, but it's good they are doing it, either way, ya jes never know...

BTW, the article on wsb had another LAKE in the news

DO your recall WHAT other lake the Dermonds moved to Oconee from? I read NJ, Atlanta, Lake something else, and then Oconee IIRC

THNX

It's Lake Allatoona Dam on fire here where I live. Electrical fire.
http://www.cbs46.com/story/25556978/dam-catches-fire-at-lake-allatoona

I thought they lived on the Chattahoochee River when they lived in Alpharetta.
moo
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Eta: "The elder Dermonds, after living a number of years in a country-club community along the Chattahoochee River above Interstate 285, built their retirement home on Oconee in the late 1990s."

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-05-10/decapitation-mystery-they-didnt-deserve

I did say early on IF Mr. D was shot by a government issued weapon and the bullet didn't exit his head, that is why his head was taken.
I bet they have checked his weapon to see if it has recently been fired...

Sills seems to be moving right along.
Expains why he wasn't out and about today.
moo

I don't know why but I have some confidence Sills just might solve this one!
He is front and center and gives out just enough information, that would not matter to a trial, to keep the public interested.

He also keeps folks from saying they don't like it that no information is being given. It is being given at Sills pace so nobody can grumble.

Gotta love a hands on Sheriff working a case hard!

The blood splatter at the murder scene confirms that Dermond was beheaded after his death. McElhenney says there would have been more blood if the beheading had happened while Dermond was still alive.

And also, view video:

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/hancock/2014/05/09/putnam-murder-autopsy-report/8893493/

A possibility is that the beheading was part of an attempt to dismember the body in order to dispose of it. Maybe it was harder and more disturbing than at least one of the perps could handle.

Due to the lack of evidence I think Sills does have to wonder if the perp has any experience or a history in LE and the like.
Not likely but neither are decapitations.
moo

A mortician
A butcher
A doctor
A physical therapist
A pathologist
A meat packer
A chiropractor
The crazy neighborhood kid

Speaking of the crazy neighborhood kid. Are there any video games out now with beheading? Just thought of that.

He did indeed haha

Well, if they have the footprints, then they can do what they want or need to do, but it's good they are doing it, either way, ya jes never know...

BTW, the article on wsb had another LAKE in the news

DO your recall WHAT other lake the Dermonds moved to Oconee from? I read NJ, Atlanta, Lake something else, and then Oconee IIRC

THNX

I am curious now if it has been wet there? Wondering if there would be any kind of foot prints? Looks like their home is on a hill so I would think it pretty dry.

A mortician
A butcher
A doctor
A physical therapist
A pathologist
A meat packer
A chiropractor
The crazy neighborhood kid

Speaking of the crazy neighborhood kid. Are there any video games out now with beheading? Just thought of that.

I am sure there are.
I was saying law enforcement in regards to knowing how to clean up a crime scene and not leave evidence behind.
Then again it doesn't seem like the perp knew that the body of Mrs. D would resurface, it was just a matter of time.
That makes me think of a person that wouldn't have that knowledge.
Any medical or emergency response people would know that...

You are right though, he sure knew how decapitate must not have bothered him much.

moo

Well, we just remembered we need boat registration renewed, yeah I can see it now, tomkat picked up this weekend at Oconee for "suspicious pontoon boat" in relation to murders

And speaking of pontoon, if it was done on a boat, at night, in a quiet wooded area of oconee on a cove, or in the middle of the lake (hiding in plain sight) a pontoon might be the perfect vessell, there is more floor space than a fishing boat or jon boat and I think,but maybe not, that a bigger boat like an offshore type might draw too much attention and on a pontoon I guess you really can't see at night whats in the floor I'm sure as the seats around it and the railing except for the doors are pretty covered

So suspicious boats: unregistered vessels, abandoned, sunken, if you happen to be able to for some reason see that,

and also thoughts on the FBI

This is bigger than GA

Hi all,
Does anyone remember off the top of their head how long Lacy Peterson and her unborn child were under water before the bodies surfaced??? I cannot for the life of me remember and it does seen as if she was weighted down. Anyone? TIA

THAT"S where it was, I remember ! Thanks for jogging me

SO.... NJ, ATLANTA< ALPHARETTA< OCONEE

Hope no one is injured or worse in that fire and they get it under control!
It's Lake Allatoona Dam on fire here where I live. Electrical fire.
http://www.cbs46.com/story/25556978/dam-catches-fire-at-lake-allatoona

I thought they lived on the Chattahoochee River when they lived in Alpharetta.
moo

Eta: "The elder Dermonds, after living a number of years in a country-club community along the Chattahoochee River above Interstate 285, built their retirement home on Oconee in the late 1990s."

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-05-10/decapitation-mystery-they-didnt-deserve

A big "WHY" is why would the killer remove SD from the home and leave RD there? And why would the killer take the risk of moving one body and not the other?

Good question and one I have pondered many times! My reasoning is the murderers took their hate out on Mr. D by their awful act, and by taking the beloved Mother, that was another hateful act towards the children.

Hi all,
Does anyone remember off the top of their head how long Lacy Peterson and her unborn child were under water before the bodies surfaced??? I cannot for the life of me remember and it does seen as if she was weighted down. Anyone? TIA

Yeah I dont' remember how long she was missing but she was in the ocean, tides are stronger, come to think of it, wonder why she didnt' drift AWAY but she washed up on shore I think

But yes I think they determined cinder blocks or cement or something

I am curious now if it has been wet there? Wondering if there would be any kind of foot prints? Looks like their home is on a hill so I would think it pretty dry.

rained good yesterday and seems last wednesday or thursday, heavy rain and storms IIRC

Does anyone ever get a very creepy feeling sometimes that the killer is reading everything we post here?:scared:

Yes. I get the creepy feeling he could be posting here with us too. BTW - I'm with you. I think killer is within the community and someone noone would suspect. I believe Mr. D pissed him off about something - maybe even something not so big - but big to the murderer and being OCD he couldn't stop thinking about whatever Mr. D did. He took the head because of so much anger against Mr. D. He killed Mrs. D not because he really wanted to and thus he removed her body wanting everyone to think she was still alive. He might be a little ashamed he killed Mrs. D, but not Mr. D. Removing Mr. D's head leaves little doubt of how he felt about Mr. D. :twocents:

I was speaking of the Dermonds. Are you referring to them also? ty

No, I thought we were talking about next door...

Why in the world wouldn't the Dermonds take the homestead exemption??

Any GA realtors have a clue?

Hi all,

Laci disappeared Dec 24 and torso surfaced April 13th but they think she was weighted down.

Yeah I dont' remember how long she was missing but she was in the ocean, tides are stronger, come to think of it, wonder why she didnt' drift AWAY but she washed up on shore I think

Laci went missing in December, and her remains washed up in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Yes in my memory she did wash upon the shore.

I think this is the week-end there were severe storms and it rained really bad. I mean bad storms.

I was wondering if any locals here can verify if there were the really bad storms in that general area during the time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x