GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH NO NO, sorry, just noting that it WAS closer to the dam than their house, some thought it meant litterally at the dam in the articles online

THANK YOU

Per the Macon Telegraph:

Friday when the fishermen spotted Shirley Dermond’s body, it was face down about three miles northwest of the Wallace Dam.

The body was roughly 200 feet from an uninhabited spit of woodland on the Greene County side of the water near Riley Shoals.

Some of the nearest houses overlooking the location are on Long Island Drive, on the Putnam County side, but the closest residence is more than a third of a mile away.

The area lies just under three and a half miles in a southeasterly straight line from the Dermonds’ home in the Great Waters subdivision.

By lake, as the open water snakes in a Z around Long Shoals and past a slew of coves in the nearly 19,000-acre reservoir, the spot is more than five miles away from the couple’s dock.

A few miles north of Ga. 16 and about a dozen miles due south of Interstate 20, the place the body turned up is more or less equidistant from Eatonton and Sparta.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html#storylink=cpy

Thank you Carolina peach. So as I understand it there is a trustee for the other benefactors of the sale of the property? And has been in that position for nearly two years?

With property values being in the millions in many cases I wonder if there is not something hinky with the properties/families or benefactors in that lake area?

JMO's

It really could just mean the house is in trust. Older people who are tax savvy would place their house in trust. That way, if one of them dies, the house doesn't go thru probate and avoids a portion of the federal estate tax. I would think most of RP's houses would be in a trust.

No, it is not CHERIE.T, it's just the opposite end of the spectrum, imo. Especially, if the adults were mine or your 87 year old grandparents...JMO

CHERIE.T, The reason for my post was to show that Adam Walsh's case went cold for 27 years due to the Hollywood Police Detectives refusal to utilize all available investigative resources(egos)> Very Experienced, Miami Beach Homicide Detective SGT Joe Matthews..

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills' selfish refusal to utilize all available investigative resources in the Dermond investigation; The GBI's very experienced special agents and other resources due to his over-inflated ego...

at any rate, decapitating is gruesome not matter who and rare so the experts say

GOd I hope this don't take 27 years, I"LL BE 88 !!

It really could just mean the house is in trust. Older people who are tax savvy would place their house in trust. That way, if one of them dies, the house doesn't go thru probate and avoids a portion of the federal estate tax. I would think most of RP's houses would be in a trust.

The ones I saw there weren't but it could be a Family Trust and she's the trustee for that or for young children inheriting or from a deceased someone

Per the detailed description, the corpse was found 3.4 miles from the dam. Was the description wrong?

Sorry my other post did not quote properly, but my question was to you. Do you think she was under water for the entire 2 weeks? Wouldn't the gases have brought her to the surface?

The perfect crime scene. The vacant house next door!

Anybody happen to have pictures? I am wondering how close the homes are to each other.

I am confused I read that the house next door was for sale but that it was not vacant. Now people are saying it is vacant. Do we really know? ty

okay if we dont' overthink it then we're right back to the drug cartel or mob

it's the first thing that comes to everyones mind and it's been stated by professionals that

It's a more sosphisticated person to enter the home and kill than pick up off the streets

and beheading is basically premeditate if the perp has to come prepared as the experts say

I was thinking, if we don't over think it, then the most likely suspect would be the one who had the most to gain from their murders.

I did notice that there had not been a Homestead filed on it. That is also a tax shelter.

It is my understanding that Mr. D's COD is being beheaded itself. Not to be gruesome but according to the actual autopsy results that's how I understand it. They put a technical name on it (cranial trauma) but that to me is what that means.

Once the heart stops, the blood stops. As awful as it sounds if it were done in one fell act the bloodlet would not be as much as you would think. And not as much blood spatter as you would think. It would depend on the sharpness of the weapon and the force involved.

JMO's

I was thinking, if we don't over think it, then the most likely suspect would be the one who had the most to gain from their murders.

Funny you said that because the reason for MY comment was that I had said the same thing to myself the other day and I always go back to something more pro hit or something, IDK WHAT, but the beheading is rare, so means something, sends a message, and that's mY KISS that I keep coming back to

But yes, MOTIVE

If this particular spot is suppose to be prime for fishing, why didn't someone notice the body when it first came to the surface? Do you think it took 2 weeks for it to surface?(Thanks, Hickory Born.)

Difficult question. The short answer is: I couldn't imagine why.

Without good reasons, it seems we must assume the typical, being 4 to 5 days to rise unless actually being tethered to a very heavy weight, then drifting according to currents and/or winds. LE's statement, "...or in the vicinity..." might lead to a safe conclusion that the corpse was not tethered to some immoveable object and had probably drifted---some---or a lot. Unless the corpse was simply missed during the prior search, it might not have been in the lake until days after the crime. If one was inclined to think that the search had been less than efficient, it could simply been missed.

A big "WHY" is why would the killer remove SD from the home and leave RD there? And why would the killer take the risk of moving one body and not the other?

It is my understanding that Mr. D's COD is being beheaded itself. Not to be gruesome but according to the actual autopsy results that's how I understand it. They put a technical name on it (cranial trauma) but that to me is what that means.

Once the heart stops, the blood stops. As awful as it sounds if it were done in one fell act the bloodlet would not be as much as you would think. And not as much blood spatter as you would think. It would depend on the sharpness of the weapon and the force involved.

JMO's

God I hope not, but No easy feat the act of beheading, can't see holding down a screaming person, course they could have been just knocked cold and not necessarily dead

God I hope not, but No easy feat the act of beheading, can't see holding down a screaming person, course they could have been just knocked cold and not necessarily dead

I ask this question in one of the earlier threads and someone posted the news article that showed he was deceased before being beheaded. (Thank god)

They described the area as stump filled on WSB. Showed a shot of the lake with dead trees sticking up out of the water. I could see maybe three of four tall trees in the water from their shot. Now I feel sick when I think of the description "placed."

trees have roots, if they were cut then stumps and roots remain, if they just flooded it all the roots would get exposed and the trees just die

I just imagined roots were sticking out, so either she was tethered or hung or both, LE had reportedly said by Saturday the 10th she should have surface due to the body's gases causing body to rise to surface

it was almost a week later IIRC

Thats why had asked in the last thread, if maybe she was held longer than he and tortured, I do HOPE NOT

I did notice that there had not been a Homestead filed on it. That is also a tax shelter.

Usually you must live in a home six months out of the year to qualify for homestead. If it's not listed, it means that they are snowbirds, bought the house recently and missed the deadline for homestead exemption this year, or that in GA a house in trust does not qualify (but it does where I live)

trees have roots, if they were cut then stumps and roots remain, if they just flooded it all the roots would get exposed and the trees just die

I just imagined roots were sticking out, so either she was tethered or hung or both, LE had reportedly said by Saturday the 10th she should have surface due to the body's gases causing body to rise to surface

it was almost a week later IIRC

Thats why had asked in the last thread, if maybe she was held longer than he and tortured, I do HOPE NOT

I hope not too. IIRC, they said the condition of the body was consistent with the time of RD's death. I think I need to take a break. My phone rings and I jump now. The whole thing is just horrible.

I ask this question in one of the earlier threads and someone posted the news article that showed he was deceased before being beheaded. (Thank god)

The blood splatter at the murder scene confirms that Dermond was beheaded after his death. McElhenney says there would have been more blood if the beheading had happened while Dermond was still alive.

And also, view video:

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/hancock/2014/05/09/putnam-murder-autopsy-report/8893493/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion