GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be some interesting news at 6:30 PM on WSB TV2 Atlanta. The news camera showed Shoe Prints drying & said investigators are ruling out deputies that were on the scene at the D's house...??

WSB TV 2 LIVE
http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

We've gotten more information than we have in other murder investigations, or am I imagining that?

Should be some interesting news at 6:30 PM on WSB TV2 Atlanta. The news camera showed Shoe Prints drying & said investigators are ruling out deputies that were on the scene at the D's house...??

WSB TV 2 LIVE

I guess a deputy would have some splainin to do if his shoe prints were found at the scene huh?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Usually you must live in a home six months out of the year to qualify for homestead. If it's not listed, it means that they are snowbirds, bought the house recently and missed the deadline for homestead exemption this year, or that in GA a house in trust does not qualify (but it does where I live)

I was speaking of the Dermonds. Are you referring to them also? ty

I did say early on IF Mr. D was shot by a government issued weapon and the bullet didn't exit his head, that is why his head was taken.
I bet they have checked his weapon to see if it has recently been fired...

Sills seems to be moving right along.
Expains why he wasn't out and about today.
moo

I guess a deputy would have some splainin to do if his shoe prints were found at the scene huh?

No, I think they want to eliminate all the shoe prints from deputies on the scene, it will be expected their shoe prints would be there. If all their shoe prints are eliminated LE might have a print of the perp.

No, I think they want to eliminate all the shoe prints from deputies on the scene, it will be expected their shoe prints would be there. If all their shoe prints are eliminated LE might have a print of the perp.

Psshhh... That was nothing but normal investigation stuff.
No story there. moo

No story there. moo

And an expression of confidence in the Sheriff and the assistance he is receiving.

No story there. moo

might be a little of both, elimination AND normal investigating

Woudln't THAT BE BAD if it was a deputy

the deputy did it, in the boat, with his night stick

HMMMM

Due to the lack of evidence I think Sills does have to wonder if the perp has any experience or a history in LE and the like.
Not likely but neither are decapitations.
moo

WSB TV 2 LIVE

HE!! I wouldn't be surprised, for a while there all that was on the bibb news was bibb county cops getting arrested for some stupid sheet

No story there. moo

My post was not because of the news story it was in response to you saying this. "I guess a deputy would have some splainin to do if his shoe prints were found at the scene huh?"
No deputy would have any splainin to do about their shoe prints being at a crime scene that they were called out to investigate.

the only thing I find noteworthy about the footprint comparisons to LE personnel is that I would have expected for that to have been done as a matter of course on the day that Mr. D was found murdered. I would imagine it is SOP to make sure they had exemplars of every person on scene's footprints in order to rule them out if footprints were also found on the scene.

So why is this being done now, at this late date? Was something found at the most recent search of the residence (the one they ostensibly were looking for crowbar or "whatever") that was not there or noticed back when they originally processed the scene?

HE!! I wouldn't be surprised, for a while there all that was on the bibb news was bibb county cops getting arrested for some stupid sheet

tomcat, I believe they were just ruling out persons that were supposed to be on the scene. But unless it was interior only, it wouldn't really mean anything due to the amount of time that has passed.. Guess, the Sheriff did say that no one was ruled out as a suspect but him, huh?

Yes, I've read that, it was closer to the dam than their house, it was referenced early on as being AT the dam, or NEAR the dam, just reiterating that it was what is in the article, the earlier thread had many postings of confusion as to why it was stated that it was at the dam,it was not but IMO STATED SO ONLY AS A REFERENCE POINT

Per the Macon Telegraph:

Friday when the fishermen spotted Shirley Dermond’s body, it was face down about three miles northwest of the Wallace Dam.

The body was roughly 200 feet from an uninhabited spit of woodland on the Greene County side of the water near Riley Shoals.

Some of the nearest houses overlooking the location are on Long Island Drive, on the Putnam County side, but the closest residence is more than a third of a mile away.

The area lies just under three and a half miles in a southeasterly straight line from the Dermonds’ home in the Great Waters subdivision.

By lake, as the open water snakes in a Z around Long Shoals and past a slew of coves in the nearly 19,000-acre reservoir, the spot is more than five miles away from the couple’s dock.

A few miles north of Ga. 16 and about a dozen miles due south of Interstate 20, the place the body turned up is more or less equidistant from Eatonton and Sparta.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html#storylink=cpy

yeah I have to agree, he seems to be on top of it

lol Yeah, don't let the UN fool you: I don't knee-jerk defend all, but in this case...nothing indicates LE and FBI isn't handling this investigation well.

tomcat, I believe they were just ruling out persons that were supposed to be on the scene. But unless it was interior only, it wouldn't really mean anything due to the amount of time that has passed.. Guess, the Sheriff did say that no one was ruled out as a suspect but him, huh?

He did indeed haha

Well, if they have the footprints, then they can do what they want or need to do, but it's good they are doing it, either way, ya jes never know...

BTW, the article on wsb had another LAKE in the news

DO your recall WHAT other lake the Dermonds moved to Oconee from? I read NJ, Atlanta, Lake something else, and then Oconee IIRC

THNX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member