GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. We are there most weekends year round. Recently (winter) encountered a father and young son at Waffle House and I am sure their home was the campground. Oh yeah, I forgot we have that restaurant too. Lol.

FINE ESTABLISHMENT :floorlaugh: LOVE IT

My bad! Yes, it was Publix. Why was I thinking pharmacy? Must be skipping down that crazy path with fred&edna. . . :rollercoaster: :lol: :skip:

Becuase Publix has pharmacy

oh and I won't tell Fred&Edna what you said LOL

Just a guess here. IF he or Mrs. D were on any kind of medication be it preventative or otherwise, the first of the month may have been when he usually had them filled. Most Publix in GA have pharmacies.

I did read they did have him on video.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

The point I was making though, is that he was at a Publix on Thursday,
LE thinks that he was killed on a Friday or Saturday, and with Shirley working on Friday's crossword puzzle, then how could he and Shirley have been murdered on a Thursday after he went to a "pharmacy", when their Friday mail was taken and the Friday crossword puzzle worked on.
Was he seen on a video on Friday as well then at the Publix? I have only read it was on Thursday.
And my comment was to Bootsctr about their post mentioning perhaps being removed from scene and taken to a vacant
house nearby awaiting Mr. D to return from the pharmacy, so does that mean Russell went to the Publix on Thursday and Friday?
IMOO.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html

I noticed a comment by MG (yesterday @ 3:22)... Is he being snide, or making a general statement, or did something like this happen in the area?

Hmmmm... Did they write article that specifically for us? JK - sorta. Have you googled the description in the comment? TomKat any comment on that comment?

It's just weird how they describe where Mrs. D was found

"Dermond’s body was found in 46 feet of water, in a part of the lake where the tops of underwater trees jut close to or above the surface.

A source familiar with the investigation told The Telegraph that the body had been “placed” where it was found. The source did not elaborate.

Even so, the revelation indicates that Dermond’s corpse was not adrift and that authorities now have evidence of how her killer may have tried to hide her body.

Such clues could prove helpful in determining the validity of tips should people claiming to know specifics of the crime come forward, or when potential suspects are questioned."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html#storylink=cpy

So did someone dive in with the body and try to tie the body lower down on the tree? I don't know what to think. This is just crazy. :hills:

My bad! Yes, it was Publix. Why was I thinking pharmacy? Must be skipping down that crazy path with fred&edna. . . :rollercoaster: :lol: :skip:

No, I think you're still on the straight-and-narrow. bbm:

The sheriff described Russell Dermond, who would have turned 89 next month, as “active,” a walker.

He was seen at the Publix pharmacy not far from his house on Thursday, and someone reported seeing him walking on a neighborhood golf course Friday.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/3087453/decapitation-unlikely-cause-of.html

Does anyone ever get a very creepy feeling sometimes that the killer is reading everything we post here?:scared:

On the flipside of that coin, maybe law enforcement is reading some of these posts to help them try and solve this double murder.

If you approach it from that vantage point, your creepy feelings will go away.

As big of a mystery as this is, I wouldn't be surprised a bit if the cops are reading these posts in order to develop theories and stay open minded about it.

But he was seen at the Publix on Thursday not Friday, and Bootsctr's post was about the Mrs. perhaps being taken to a vacant house nearby awaiting Russell to return from the pharmacy.
Clearly, she worked Friday's crossword puzzle. Did he go twice to the Publix?
LE thinks he was murdered on Friday or Saturday, not a Thursday.
IMOO.

Mods are deleting posts about the "mistaken id" - Y'all please stop sleuthing the neighbors, or they're going to shut this thread down - how would you like it if you were an innocent neighbor living on that street and we kept spelling out your name and address? I know I wouldn't...

Jmo

Please read the TOS.

^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!
Please!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of

have you noticed every time we ponder something here in depth, it ends up being answered in the news a few days later

yeah I think they read it too

but freaky to think the perp/s might be talking to you too !!:scared:

bbm: That's why I make it a point to PONDER SO HEAVILY "out loud" here sometimes, LOL

Last confirmed sighting of Mr. Dermond was at Pharmacy in Publix Super Market on Thursday:

He was seen at the Publix pharmacy not far from his house on Thursday, and someone reported seeing him walking on a neighborhood golf course Friday.

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/3087453/decapitation-unlikely-cause-of.html#storylink=cpy

The point I was making though, is that he was at a Publix on Thursday,
LE thinks that he was killed on a Friday or Saturday, and with Shirley working on Friday's crossword puzzle, then how could he and Shirley have been murdered on a Thursday after he went to a "pharmacy", when their Friday mail was taken and the Friday crossword puzzle worked on.
Was he seen on a video on Friday as well then at the Publix? I have only read it was on Thursday.
And my comment was to Bootsctr about their post mentioning perhaps being removed from scene and taken to a vacant
house nearby awaiting Mr. D to return from the pharmacy, so does that mean Russell went to the Publix on Thursday and Friday?
IMOO.

Going out on a limb here and saying I think they were killed sometime Friday, maybe late Friday night/early Saturday morning. I do think Mr. D went for a walk Friday morning, but not to the Publix since he had been there Thursday. Friday morning perhaps he walked to . . . (fill in the blank) golf course? the closest neighbor's house?

speaking of

have you noticed every time we ponder something here in depth, it ends up being answered in the news a few days later

yeah I think they read it too

but freaky to think the perp/s might be talking to you too !!:scared:

Lol - I think this happens because the reporters are reading here, and THEY are ones using our ideas for their list of insistent questions at the next news conference!

But he was seen at the Publix on Thursday not Friday, and Bootsctr's post was about the Mrs. perhaps being taken to a vacant house nearby awaiting Russell to return from the pharmacy.
Clearly, she worked Friday's crossword puzzle. Did he go twice to the Publix?
LE thinks he was murdered on Friday or Saturday, not a Thursday.
IMOO.

Ah, OK. No, as far as I know, just to the Publix Pharmacy on Thursday, not Friday. (I was thinking it was just the "pharmacy" part that was in question, sorry.)

Hmmmm... Did they write article that specifically for us? JK - sorta. Have you googled the description in the comment? TomKat any comment on that comment?

It's just weird how they describe where Mrs. D was found

"Dermond’s body was found in 46 feet of water, in a part of the lake where the tops of underwater trees jut close to or above the surface.

A source familiar with the investigation told The Telegraph that the body had been “placed” where it was found. The source did not elaborate.

Even so, the revelation indicates that Dermond’s corpse was not adrift and that authorities now have evidence of how her killer may have tried to hide her body.

Such clues could prove helpful in determining the validity of tips should people claiming to know specifics of the crime come forward, or when potential suspects are questioned."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/17/3103064/motive-in-lake-oconee-killings.html#storylink=cpy

So did someone dive in with the body and try to tie the body lower down on the tree? I don't know what to think. This is just crazy. :hills:

That's what I think. I think the killer tied Mrs. Dermond to one of the trees.

Lol - I think this happens because the reporters are reading here, and THEY are ones using our ideas for their list of insistent questions at the next news conference!

I think that is what tomkat meant. And I hope that is true, and that they continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x