GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
gngr~snap, you may be on to something... Sheriff Sills is confident that they came in by boat and there were 2 perps. The dock was likely ruled out since there was footage on a neighbors security camera. It makes sense that they may have footage of a boat with 2 people entering the mouth of the cove, and possibly three people leaving in the same boat, yet unable to identify the registration number, or a clear photo of the perps...

If this is the case, imo, they would likely already have a suspect/s under surveillance, just in case they decided to run... "The heat is on, imo"..

The Heat is On...
http://youtu.be/1-mU-YSk32I

It depends on what type of security system the neighbors had. There are some amazing ones out there. The fact that a hard drive was sent to quantico is really really good news. That means that the images received can be seen by a home owner and the can also be upgraded to another type of viewing format that excels in comparison to how it normally functions.
In other words, the system doesn't operate at that maximum level all the time, but if you vet video of guys getting off a boat on your property you can get it enhanced to ID them. I don't know how old or outdated the neighbor's system might be but we can hope it is newer!
Checkout these pictures!
http://www.sail-world.com/cruising/usa/Powerful-new-M-Series-night-vision-camera-from-FLIR/98935

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Sills is giving out a little bit more information daily - for a reason. Agree that they are narrowing it down. The perps are getting pretty antsy by now. With the holiday weekend coming up, it is a perfect time for the perps to slip town. Or maybe not as sharp as Sills is!

My hope is that when these perps are arrested, they are not shot and killed as happens in too many cases! We all need information from them. Guess LE might have all the answers on second thought. :please::

Sills is giving out a little bit more information daily - for a reason. Agree that they are narrowing it down. The perps are getting pretty antsy by now. With the holiday weekend coming up, it is a perfect time for the perps to slip town. Or maybe not as sharp as Sills is!

My hope is that when these perps are arrested, they are not shot and killed as happens in too many cases! We all need information from them. Guess LE might have all the answers on second thought. :please::

<BBM for Focus>

Yep, 1&2&3, not only Sheriff Sills, but the FBI Special Agent statements in the MSM article was also very informative, imo...

It would be naive to think that the perp/s aren't monitoring the investigation via MSM & internet. There has been over 8700 views on this thread alone since it was started at 12:30 PM yesterday; 13 hours ago. Almost 200,000 views total in only 2 weeks with 2,000+ comments..

Wouldn't surprise me if they were already in custody under other charges; probation violation, etc..jmo
Wouldn't it be fitting for arrests/charges to be announced by Sheriff Sills, on Monday 05/26/2014; Memorial Day, since Mr Russel Dermond was a WW II Veteran?

Speaking of the video the FBI sent off, Quantico is known to do amazing things, so this may be it. It may take a while as they do their magic but if anything can be identified, the FBI lab can do it.That would be wonderful news while the children were in town.

Speaking of the video the FBI sent off, Quantico is known to do amazing things, so this may be it. It may take a while as they do their magic but if anything can be identified, the FBI lab can do it.That would be wonderful news while the children were in town.
I'm not expecting it to take long at all.
JMO- this is something that can be done easily, but I understand why he would want Quantico to do it. The make a master copy of everything before converting the media. Who knows! There could have been surveillance of the Dermond's on previous days by the perps. They could have even made a practice run. There is just no telling what the camera/s may have caught on the hard drive back up. Could be very telling....
Moo
My next door neighbor owns a video surveillance business.
I call him whenever I hear or suspect something odd happened. He logs onto his computer and backs up to the time I had in question. Usually it's deer...
It was raccoons in the trash once.

Please remember we do not allow any personal attacks on posters. This includes snarky comments about member's posts.

If you have a problem with a post please hit the alert button (red triangle in upper right hand corner of the post) and one of our moderators will look at the post in question.

Thank you,
Tricia

If the FBI BAU2 responded on all double homicides of adults in the US with 40 Special Agents on each investigation. They would never make it back to their home base in Quantico, VA, nor would there be over 100,000 missing/murdered person's cold cases in the US, imo.

Imo, the FBI's tremendous amount of resources being utilized on the Dermond abduction/murder/decapitation investigation indicates that this case is not the norm, but an anomaly...JMO

Some reasons for the extra effort

The fact this couple has been accessed as low risk meaning no ties to organized crime or known enemies.
The gruesome nature of the crime (decapitation) and staging of bodies.
The traumatic overall effect on the small community and the likelihood the suspect(s) are among the community.

Also I believe the case initially drew the attention from the FBI due to the decapitation of Mr. D. They had to rule out organized crime.

Also have to commend Sheriff Sills willingness to utilize the continued help of the FBI and their investigative services.

I would expect the primary area of focus to be where the mouth of cove enters the lake.
IMO he wants the registration #'s off the boat as much as anything else. Depending on how well the boat was cleaned it could be a treasure trove.

I think it's very likely they have some surveillance footage of the suspects IN the boat and are analyzing it. I remember Sills saying something about it would be a miracle if the cameras caught the serial numbers on the boat. That's what led me to believe they have some real good surveillance .

“I’m virtually certain that it would be a miracle if any of those cameras displayed a boat’s identification number,” Sills said.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/20/3106249/investigators-track-new-leads.html#storylink=cpy

I think it's very likely they have some surveillance footage of the suspects IN the boat and are analyzing it. I remember Sills saying something about it would be a miracle if the cameras caught the serial numbers on the boat. That's what led me to believe they have some real good surveillance .

“I’m virtually certain that it would be a miracle if any of those cameras displayed a boat’s identification number,” Sills said.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/20/3106249/investigators-track-new-leads.html#storylink=cpy

I am really thinking he just about has this wrapped up.

IMO all he is doing is waiting on the results from some forensics to return to pounce. I think he has 2 perps on his radar and they will be aprehended very soon.
My heart aches for the family.

Am I the only one who is dying to know more about who Mr. D sold his boat too???

I am really thinking he just about has this wrapped up.

IMO all he is doing is waiting on the results from some forensics to return to pounce. I think he has 2 perps on his radar and they will be aprehended very soon.
My heart aches for the family.

They are watching many but only certain individuals will exhibit the appropriate responses after hearing certain details regarding the case.
These suspects will end up regretting attracting the attention of the FBI BAU unit. I'm certain of it .

What is the chance that the real reason Quantico has the video is to identify the boat? This sounds really promising.
They did it for Heather Elvis in March.
"At 3:45 a.m. Dec. 18, the business video shows the truck..."
"The video surveillance of the vehicle was sent to the FBI in Quantico, Va., and to the S.C. Highway Patrol’s Multi-Disciplinary Accident Investigation Team with a request to identify the vehicle, Elder said. The agencies sent reports that the truck was a 2013 or 2014 Ford F-150, that is dark with silver toolbox in the bed, a moon roof, silver rims and high-end bulbs in the headlights."
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/22/4114074/surveillance-cameras-a-useful.html

THAT IS PRETTY SPECIFIC! Considering the video was taken at 3:45am.
Bad boys, bad boys, what you gon do? What you gonna do when they come for you? :)

Sure made an emphasis on a rope, didn't they?

Yes, the FBI agent most definitely emphasized the rope and mentioned other high tech stuff that he could not go into detail. Seems like other perps have been caught by rope identification too. Can't remember any cases right off hand, but I'm remember a case of a young girl who was walking home after baby-sitting and was abducted. They caught the guy and the rope that was used on her was also found in the back of his little red truck. He's on death row and is trying to get out or off death row now. I can't remember the little girl's name right now. She was blonde and a real cutie and it was so sad....

Rope seems to be almost as good as ballistics . . . almost. Mrs. Dermond must have been bound with rope. :dunno:

Yes, the FBI agent most definitely emphasized the rope and mentioned other high tech stuff that he could not go into detail. Seems like other perps have been caught by rope identification too. Can't remember any cases right off hand, but I'm remember a case of a young girl who was walking home after baby-sitting and was abducted. They caught the guy and the rope that was used on her was also found in the back of his little red truck. He's on death row and is trying to get out or off death row now. I can't remember the little girl's name right now. She was blonde and a real cutie and it was so sad....

Rope seems to be almost as good as ballistics . . . almost. Mrs. Dermond must have been bound with rope. :dunno:

I worry about the perp/s getting advance notice and getting rid of rope or whatever. Obviously though, what's being released is being done so for reasons I don't yet understand. An arrest today would work for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x