GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we will know if/when the family arrives. Will it be reported. Will they stay at they house, or will they get a hotel room? I am really curious about the family. Will they conduct a funeral? I know this is morbid, but I want to know. jmo

I know they plan to have a funeral. We knew last time when they came. We saw them getting into their cars.

I doubt they will spend the night at their parents home but of course I am sure they will go there to pack up their personal belongings. They may send a mover to move all the furniture out of the home.

The only reason they haven't had a funeral for their dad yet is Sheriff Sills said they have been holding both bodies and now will release them to the family.

I am sure the media will be all over it. They may take them to another state for burial though. Especially if Shirley and Russ were the only ones that lived in Georgia.

IMO

LOL! don't know either. All I read was he thinks the murderers are someone at least who were minimally acquainted with the victims and he is basing that on some of the physical evidence.

I don't know where that evidence was found though.......whether it was in the home.......the disposal site or on Shirley or Russ's bodies themselves.

When he said that statement I was thinking he was suspecting either a neighbor or an acquaintance who they may have known somehow from living in RP.

IMO
I'm anxiously waiting to hear much more from LE. BTW your above points...good points all.

Do you think perps are reading here? ty

IMO, yes. There are quite a lot of guests viewing this thread at any given time. I hope he's squirming in his seat.

IMO, yes. There are quite a lot of guests viewing this thread at any given time. I hope he's squirming in his seat.

I know that I am. I am so sick to my stomach all of a sudden. I think I need to go to bed. jmo

I do not know if it is lack of 'self esteem' but some individuals seem to wear their 'heart on their sleeve' so to speak. A 'glance' or 'look' of comptempt or even the perception that they have been 'disrespected' somehow is enough to cause a lost of control & rage. There have been circumstances that have escalated to a full scale feud over this perceived 'slight' or 'lack' of respect. MOO

We have certainly seen in other cases where a person blew a fuse and went into a murderous rage and murdered someone out of a crime of passion during a heated argument.

And this may be what happened in this case. If he had just stopped at murdering Russ and it was a crime of passion and in his rage he picked up something in his home and hit him over the head..... he could have even gotten Second Degree Murder.

But he is far beyond that now when he turned around and murdered Shirley too. That shows a totally premeditated act.

And if they find him and charge him........ I think they will ask for the death penalty for the double homicides.

IMO

It has been brought up before. I have no reason to think that. Personally, I would be sick to my stomach if I was a perp.
The way Sills said "very personal" it made me think "awwww yeah! He thinks he knows and is just waiting on proof from the video that the FBI has."
:fence: is this guy sitting on a fence of bricks he pooped?

We have them here in Texas, usually just further south than where I live. Several years ago there was a big ole gator that hung out at here:

http://www.lockndam.com/

Somebody ended up shooting him and leaving him to rot. A lot of people were upset that the ole fellow was murdered. It made the local paper. Supposedly he was quite old and a regular at the dam.

The decapitation is what brought me to the case - that and the picture of Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Mrs. Dermond had such a nice smile. It immediately disturbed me that someone could kill her. I'm still disturbed. I hope the perps are caught and hung by their toenails.

Boots, that's exactly what drew me to this case, even though I'm in Chicago. I so much want whoever did this caught soon! These murders are very disturbing, it's hard to not think about the Dermond's and what they must have gone through. I think Sheriff Sills knows something, but is waiting for more evidence. I think there will be an arrest(s) soon. I hope whoever did this can't get a moment's peace, and are haunted every second, looking behind their shoulder!

I just cannot fathom the head removal....even if the instrument was lodged...I just can't....poor Mr. Dermond and poor Mrs. Dermond...what a horrible way for life to end. I still can't see 'well here I have killed this guy and now I have to remove his head'...........what the what........I guess that is why I am not a criminal....I just don't get it.

Thanx for sharing, QueenD..

Noticed that one of the security cameras of the Dermond's neighbor was focused on the D's dock, yet this is not the critical area of concern. The camera footage of the critical area of concern was sent to the FBI for tweeking..
Interesting.....the critical area of focus must be the undeveloped wooded property searched by LE a week ago adjacent to the Dermond's home..
It would be reasonable to conclude that LE has info indicating that the perp/s did not enter the Dermond's property via their dock..imo

I took that to mean a different surveillance camera that was facing the neighbors (own) dock, was it not?

This thread is moving a bit too fast for me to keep up, so my apologies for skipping a few posts.

My theory on the reason for the beheading is a bit less conspiracy-driven. I believe rather than taking the head to remove evidence of a unique weapon, I think it's likely that during the course of the attack Mr. Dermond BIT his attacker. When the murder was finished, the perp probably panicked, realizing his DNA could be retrieved from RD's mouth, and having no way to remove this evidence, he instead removed the head.

I don't have an answer for the "where", but the "why" might be a bit simpler than most of the theories I've seen so far.

MOO.

That's a pretty good theory, actually. Could be just as plausible as a gunshot wound with a bullet left behind.

I think the killer beheaded Mr. Dermond in front of his wife though, just out of sheer hatred. He wanted her to watch him die, knowing that she was next. This is a bad seed we have here, folks.

:seeya:

:seeya:
I need to do some re-reading because I was fairly sure Sills said a lot of evidence was found in the home. Now Im doing this. :scared: lol

said they'd gathered a lot of forensic evidence from the home, whatever that means really, maybe dusting for prints maybe on the front door and garage areas/doors? What would that be if the house was immaculate?? How would they know what they should collect

I would imagine the person(s) that committed this crime is reading every news story they can get their eyes on in order to see if the cops know anything or not. Yes, Websleuths would be at the top of that list. Anybody running a search for Dermond on Yahoo or Google , will wind up on this site.

It has been brought up before. I have no reason to think that. Personally, I would be sick to my stomach if I was a perp.
The way Sills said "very personal" it made me think "awwww yeah! He thinks he knows and is just waiting on proof from the video that the FBI has."
:fence: is this guy sitting on a fence of bricks he pooped?

Respectfully BBM

That's why we're not "perps." At least, not these kinds...Disgusting, wicked, etc. Elderly and to decap victim.

I'm thinking the evidence that was in the home were things that were not taken, there could have been a substantial amount of cash in plain sight, money in Mr. D's wallet, money in Mrs D's purse, Crossword puzzle from Fri. worked on, beds made, what was in the trash can, doors unlocked, alarm not set, lots of evidence that told them things.

I think they are very close to catching the killers. No way this was committed by someone random or very recently meet by the couple.

I think he was beheaded in front of wife to make her suffer. This was someone with LUST filled rage and anger towards the couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi