GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can ask SILLS he's seen their checkbook

I always say, if you haven't seen their checkbook, you have no clue, one with no debt in a little house may be richer than one in a big house WITH DEBT

But it all boils down to income, if you aint got that, you aint got Nuttin'

Yep! That sums it all up right there! Do we think the killer could have attended the Kentucky Derby Party? The daughter is into horses. Maybe the Dermonds had a stake in the Derby this year.

DANG their everywhere ! What got you hooked on this case from texas BTW (boot) ! I thought maybe they'd lived and retired in FL!

We have them here in Texas, usually just further south than where I live. Several years ago there was a big ole gator that hung out at here:

http://www.lockndam.com/

Somebody ended up shooting him and leaving him to rot. A lot of people were upset that the ole fellow was murdered. It made the local paper. Supposedly he was quite old and a regular at the dam.

The decapitation is what brought me to the case - that and the picture of Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Mrs. Dermond had such a nice smile. It immediately disturbed me that someone could kill her. I'm still disturbed. I hope the perps are caught and hung by their toenails.

I think Sheriff Sills and the FBI are close to figuring this case out. Sheriff Sills is like a pitt bull or snapping turtle - he is NOT going to let go until there is resolution. I think the cat-and-mouse game is about over. The cat is now the mouse and the mouse is now the cat.

Actually I am kind of leaning that way too. Sills is like the cat that swollowed the mouse.

I am not familiar with him but others that have followed his cases does he always act this confident.

He also seems to have lots of time to sit with neighbors and talk to reporters. I am not used to that. It drives me crazy when following a case and they give nothing out and it falls into silence.

I think Sills is doing a great job keeping this story in the news! I for one am counting on him.

We have them here in Texas, usually just further south than where I live. Several years ago there was a big ole gator that hung out at here:

http://www.lockndam.com/

Somebody ended up shooting him and leaving him to rot. A lot of people were upset that the ole fellow was murdered. It made the local paper. Supposedly he was quite old and a regular at the dam.

The decapitation is what brought me to the case - that and the picture of Mr. and Mrs. Dermond. Mrs. Dermond had such a nice smile. It immediately disturbed me that someone could kill her. I'm still disturbed. I hope the perps are caught and hung by their toenails.

That is sad, ole guy was probably just sunnin', we had one on our deck at the river occassionally when the water would rise, it was a high bank river lot!

I really thought you were maybe removed from GA/FL and your family may be here

But watch out! perps and ungats are everywhere !!

Actually I am kind of leaning that way too. Sills is like the cat that swollowed the mouse.

I am not familiar with him but others that have followed his cases does he always act this confident.

He also seems to have lots of time to sit with neighbors and talk to reporters. I am not used to that. It drives me crazy when following a case and they give nothing out and it falls into silence.

I think Sills is doing a great job keeping this story in the news! I for one am counting on him.

hummmmm, "he's got that old time religion" I mean ole southern hospitality, friendly type

I grew up watching Ellery Queen, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, and all other crime show with my parents. I moved my 92 year old mother (SUV watching/murder mystery reading) to Georgia in January.
My mother watches the news and is well aware of this case. We talked about it today, as we have several other days, and she wondered if someone was obsessed with Mrs. D? " Older folks get crushes." I never know what's coming out of her mouth!

And I know Sheriff Sills stated the D's weren't in the WPP. Wondering about anyone else in RP? Did Mr. D recognize someone living in the area/in RP?

This surprises me that Sills is publically announcing when the Dermond's children will be in town. Lately, it seems to me he is talking directly to the killers. It's as if he is baiting them. Wonder if Sills found the murder weapon in the house that matched the indention on Mrs. D's head since they are turning the house over to the children?

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25580297...ecovered-in-lake-oconee-double-murder-mystery

What I find most interesting in this article was when Sills said this was not a professional hit related to the Dermonds son who was involved in drugs and.subsequently murdered.

. I hadn't seen that before. Only that it "wasn't a professional hit'.

Sills is sounding testy. Not that I blame him.

BBM

Yep! It's like pouring on a new batch of "squirm potion" on the perp everyday.

I grew up watching Ellery Queen, Murder She Wrote, Columbo, and all other crime show with my parents. I moved my 92 year old mother (SUV watching/murder mystery reading) to Georgia in January.
My mother watches the news and is well aware of this case. We talked about it today, as we have several other days, and she wondered if someone was obsessed with Mrs. D? " Older folks get crushes." I never know what's coming out of her mouth!

And I know Sheriff Sills stated the D's weren't in the WPP. Wondering about anyone else in RP? Did Mr. D recognize someone living in the area/in RP?

She may be on to something. Haven't ruled out a sexual motive here either. Killer took out Mr. D thinking he might have a chance with Mrs. D, but she wasn't having none of it and he killed her.

This is slightly off topic, but we have been discussing swords and I just came across this:

"Son accused of killing parents with samurai sword"

"Calvin Ray Jr. waived his appearance at an initial court hearing where he was charged with two counts of murder. DeKalb County authorities said they found samurai swords in a search of the home where a 73-year-old woman and her 75-year-old husband were stabbed to death.

Police said the swords were used to kill the couple in what DeKalb County Police Chief Cedric Alexander described as a "horrific scene" inside the suburban Atlanta home. The bodies were found by a relative who visited their house Thursday afternoon.

"One of the family members came home, and when she came inside the house, she saw the two victims lying in the bedroom," Alexander said.

The couple's 39-year-old son was identified as a suspect and was found at a nearby park less than two hours after his parents' deaths were reported, DeKalb County police spokeswoman Mekka Parish said. It was unclear Friday whether he had a defense attorney.

Parish said detectives believe the victims and their son may have argued about money. The case remains under investigation."

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/son-accused-of-killing-parents-with-samurai-sword

BBM

Yep! It's like pouring on a new batch of "squirm potion" on the perp everyday.

I like the "squirm potion" - like Sheriff Sills has his thumb on the perps and he's turning up the pressure. It's like he is talking to the perps when he says something. I think he definitely he has the attention of whomever committed this atrocity.

:yourock::woot:
WSB - My notes. Not a transcript.

Within the hour, Sheriff Sills told Channel 2 that the family of the murdered couple could soon take possession of their house. Mark Winne reports that he believes the family could get possession of the house by the end of tonight. Mark Winne interviewed the agent in charge of the FBI in Georgia, Britt Johnson. Johnson says it is personal. There is a lot of indications of the psychology and the behavior behind that. He says it is not a random crime. Johnson put agents in Putnam County to investigate the murder at the request of Sheriff Sills. Johnson says they will be there as long as needed. Around 40 people from the FBI have been involved ranging from agents to evidence experts. Some involved a few hours, some involved for the duration thus far. FBI has brought the expertise of criminal profilers at its Behavioral Analysis Unit. They are trying to establish a profile and in addition they can go back and look against a database nationwide. From even tiny traces at the Great Waters subdivision where the Dermond's lived and elsewhere, the bureau's crime lab can do great things. If there are specific ropes or materials, they could identify the origin of manufacture or potentially where they had been purchased. There are ultra-sophisticated, high tech stuff that he can't let the bad guys know about. Some legal limitations on what kind of help the FBI can provide kicked in after the discovery of Shirley Dermond's body in Lake Oconee which meant the case was no longer a kidnapping investigation. However, Sheriff Sills request for FBI assistance means the agents still have a lot of latitude. Johnson says when they have something they can potentially solve that has very few leads, that's actually the one that inspires that fire in the belly of most. Johnson was asked why so much focus on one double murder case? Johnson suggested that part of it is the sheer brutality and the effect that it can have on a small community.

:loveyou: :woot:

:seeya: Here you go:

http://reynoldsplantationblog.typep...restated-declaration-of-covenants-redline.pdf

Page 19 of 157
2.3.17.1.2. Use of golf carts, go carts, ATVs, mopeds and other similar vehicles are prohibited on roads and road rights-of-way and other Common Property with the following exceptions:

2.3.17.1.2.12.3.17.1.2.1. Motorcycles/mopeds with quiet mufflers and that are street legal;

2.3.17.1.2.2. Construction and maintenance equipment, as long as the vehicle or equipment is properly identified with the appropriate slow moving
emblems, driven in a safe and orderly fashion and are driven the
shortest possible distance on the private streets;

2.3.17.1.2.3. Golf carts in Limited Common AreasProperty within which the use
of golf carts has been specifically authorized by the Association;

2.3.32.22.3.32.2. Vehicles shall not be parked on any Lot or Dwelling Unit so as to be visible from
any road or street, Common Property, Limited Common Property, Lake Oconee, Golf Course, or Club
Facilities, Amenity Area or combination thereof, for periods of seven (7) continuous days or more,
unless otherwise approved by the Association. Vehicles parked on a Lot or Dwelling Unit that are
visible from any road or street, Common Property, Limited Common Property, Lake Oconee, Golf
Course, or Club Facilities,Amenity Area or combination thereof, shall be parked on a driveway or
designated parking pad, unless otherwise approved by the Association.

2.3.32.3 2.3.32.3. The term "Vehicles" as used herein shall include, but is not limited to, automobiles,
pickup trucks, motorcycles, rickshaws and scooters.

2.3.32.42.3.32.4. The following type vehicles, including but not limited to, motor homes, boats,
trailers, trucks, campers, buses, vans, low-speed vehicles and golf carts shall be parked for periods of
longer than twelve (12) hours in such places and for such times as are determined in the sole discretion
of the Association.

What better way to shake up the neighborhood than a double homicide with a decapitation? Just reading the rules and seeing how the community is so seemingly neat, tidy, and the perfect setting this certainly ruins the peaceful fairy tale lake setting. If it were a neighbor aren't they hurting themselves with the negative publicity and drop in property value? Or do they never plan to sell and so it makes no difference. Or is it someone that was forced out or left the community because they were sick of the rules and neighbors that blew the whistle on them? LE surely knows if someone had that kind of vendetta.

Thanx for sharing, QueenD..

Noticed that one of the security cameras of the Dermond's neighbor was focused on the D's dock, yet this is not the critical area of concern. The camera footage of the critical area of concern was sent to the FBI for tweeking..
Interesting.....the critical area of focus must be the undeveloped wooded property searched by LE a week ago adjacent to the Dermond's home..
It would be reasonable to conclude that LE has info indicating that the perp/s did not enter the Dermond's property via their dock..imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro