GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So residents in the neighborhood have been interviewed and given a 28 page questionnaire. What about the church that Mr and Mrs D attended? I noticed that it too is on the lake. Does anyone know what their services are like? In other words, do they have a communion service like the Catholic or Episcopal churches using a chalice? Do they have eucharistic ministers in addition to a priest/pastor?

Thinking back to BTK (Dennis Radar) and wondering what is the likelihood of the perp being a member of their church.

And thinking about a previous post about the murder weapon possibly being an object that would be noticed if missing... Could a chalice cup be used to beat someone in the head and kill them?

My husband tells me I think too much. He may be right.

I like your thinking! Don’t think anyone has mentioned a chalice cup - so keep on thinking!!
Sounds plausible to me! I had wondered about a person from church as well. Any other ideas??

This surprises me that Sills is publically announcing when the Dermond's children will be in town. Lately, it seems to me he is talking directly to the killers. It's as if he is baiting them. Wonder if Sills found the murder weapon in the house that matched the indention on Mrs. D's head since they are turning the house over to the children?

http://www.cbs46.com/story/25580297...ecovered-in-lake-oconee-double-murder-mystery

I don't know if this has already been linked but anyway......lol It talks about the head of Russ being taken and what a former GBI investigator has to say about it. He agrees with Sills and so do I.

Rothwell says investigations don't work that way. They don't float theories and find evidence to support them. They work with what they have to create a timetable of events, and look into the background of the victim to find leads or a possible motive.

"Where you start is with what you have. And what you have are the victims and the crime scene. And with the victims, you develop their timeline and you develop the relationships that they may have had that might lead you to identify someone that had a motive to kill them. And then you see in the timeline intersects with that," Rothwell explains.

As for the beheading, Rothwell says if a killer is trying to make statement, the severed head would likely be at the crime scene. Since the head was missing, Rothewell says that could mean they were trying to get rid of evidence. He said if the head was meant to leave a message they would have left the head there displayed in some fashion.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...-investigator-discusses-dermond-case/9299499/

While I do not really feel that the head was taken to remove evidence (Sills stated that he is operating under that POSSIBLE theory based on the odds or something to that effect)

I totally agree that if the head was meant to be a message or a threat it would have been left behind in a very jarring manner to deliver such a message, not removed from the scene.

Bottom line I don't know why the head was removed but agree that it being removed tends to make it unlikely the head was a message or it would be there, delivering it.

I believe the word "rich" is all in relation to who you are and how you are raised. As an example to many $10,000 in the bank is comfortable and to some "rich". That dollar amount can change depending on who you talk to. Having a $1M home that is paid for to some is "rich". To others not so much. But to minimize entire franchises, homes (plural) and subsequent income as "not rich" I would have to ask what the qualifying level is?

JMO's

I don't know if this has already been linked but anyway......lol It talks about the head of Russ being taken and what a former GBI investigator has to say about it. He agrees with Sills and so do I.

Rothwell says investigations don't work that way. They don't float theories and find evidence to support them. They work with what they have to create a timetable of events, and look into the background of the victim to find leads or a possible motive.

"Where you start is with what you have. And what you have are the victims and the crime scene. And with the victims, you develop their timeline and you develop the relationships that they may have had that might lead you to identify someone that had a motive to kill them. And then you see in the timeline intersects with that," Rothwell explains.

As for the beheading, Rothwell says if a killer is trying to make statement, the severed head would likely be at the crime scene. Since the head was missing, Rothewell says that could mean they were trying to get rid of evidence. He said if the head was meant to leave a message they would have left the head there displayed in some fashion.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...-investigator-discusses-dermond-case/9299499/

The problem that I see is that all the Crime Scenes have yet to be identified/located..imo

Ironically the ms media; WMAZ, is utilizing the expertise of GBI Special Agent Rothwell, whereas Putnam County Howard Sills, has chosen to leave them out of the loupe... thereby squandering a very valuable investigative resource..imo

I believe the word "rich" is all in relation to who you are and how you are raised. As an example to many $10,000 in the bank is comfortable and to some "rich". That dollar amount can change depending on who you talk to. Having a $1M home that is paid for to some is "rich". To others not so much. But to minimize entire franchises, homes (plural) and subsequent income as "not rich" I would have to ask what the qualifying level is?

JMO's

I think it depends on the area of the country you live in. In Georgia a 1.2M dollar home is a very nice home with all the finer upgrades.

In other places like CA........not so much. A million there doesn't seem to buy much.

I would think by the median standards in Georgia the Dermonds would be in the upper level when it comes to wealth.

IMO

"We have a recording device that we are afraid to tamper with and so we just gave it to them. They are going to pull the hard drive," he said.

Snipped from link
I didn't get who was saying this. Who is "we" and "them"

You guys are getting really good with your pronouns. :facepalm:

Wouldn't it be something if somehow the murderer was caught on camera dumping Shirley's body? I think they know who...the very personal comment. Perhaps one of those questionnaires gave them the name of someone that had a beef with the Mr. Dermond. Someone is squirming in his seat right about now. I think it is just a matter of time.

While I do not really feel that the head was taken to remove evidence (Sills stated that he is operating under that POSSIBLE theory based on the odds or something to that effect)

I totally agree that if the head was meant to be a message or a threat it would have been left behind in a very jarring manner to deliver such a message, not removed from the scene.

Bottom line I don't know why the head was removed but agree that it being removed tends to make it unlikely the head was a message or it would be there, delivering it.

I go back to the killer was very angry... Even after Mr. D was deceased. That is personal, and a total F you. A family consists of more than the children... There are grandchildren, nieces, nephews, former friends of the children. I do not want to violate the TOS and can't for the life of me think the investigators have not considered that. I think the direct children are too old to have done anything like this, but if we are going down that line, that this was a personal attack from someone familiar with the Dermonds, and who was not a stranger in a psychotic state, or a hitman, then that leaves leaves only a couple of options left.

I think the main issue here is that we are missing a motive. Some will say no duh, but in order to understand this double murder we need to have a motive. What motive would a neighbor have, what motive would a gangster have. Who would benefit from the deaths of these two lovely people?

I think if Sills can establish that he will find the perp/perps. I also think he is very close and I am expecting an announcement very soon. How many times have we thought nothing was happening and then wham there it was. I believe this is what is about to happen here. Hoping so.:please::please:

You guys are getting really good with your pronouns. :facepalm:

Wouldn't it be something if somehow the murderer was caught on camera dumping Shirley's body? I think they know who...the very personal comment. Perhaps one of those questionnaires gave them the name of someone that had a beef with the Mr. Dermond. Someone is squirming in his seat right about now. I think it is just a matter of time.

we edikated
next lesson; spelling

Yes, please, I would love to see the regs. That seems ridiculous to me. jmo

:seeya: Here you go:

http://reynoldsplantationblog.typep...restated-declaration-of-covenants-redline.pdf

2.3.6. Containers for garbage or other refuse shall be kept in sanitary screened enclosures. The containers, garbage or other refuse, and said enclosures shall be maintained in a sanitary condition and shall not be
visible from any street, Lake Oconee, Common Property, Limited Common Property, Club FacilitiesAmenity Areas, or Golf Course.

2.3.7. Outside Clotheslinesclotheslines will not be permitted.

Page 19 of 157
2.3.17.1.2. Use of golf carts, go carts, ATVs, mopeds and other similar vehicles are prohibited on roads and road rights-of-way and other Common Property with the following exceptions:

2.3.17.1.2.12.3.17.1.2.1. Motorcycles/mopeds with quiet mufflers and that are street legal;

2.3.17.1.2.2. Construction and maintenance equipment, as long as the vehicle or equipment is properly identified with the appropriate slow moving
emblems, driven in a safe and orderly fashion and are driven the
shortest possible distance on the private streets;

2.3.17.1.2.3. Golf carts in Limited Common AreasProperty within which the use
of golf carts has been specifically authorized by the Association;

2.3.32.22.3.32.2. Vehicles shall not be parked on any Lot or Dwelling Unit so as to be visible from
any road or street, Common Property, Limited Common Property, Lake Oconee, Golf Course, or Club
Facilities, Amenity Area or combination thereof, for periods of seven (7) continuous days or more,
unless otherwise approved by the Association. Vehicles parked on a Lot or Dwelling Unit that are
visible from any road or street, Common Property, Limited Common Property, Lake Oconee, Golf
Course, or Club Facilities,Amenity Area or combination thereof, shall be parked on a driveway or
designated parking pad, unless otherwise approved by the Association.

2.3.32.3 2.3.32.3. The term "Vehicles" as used herein shall include, but is not limited to, automobiles,
pickup trucks, motorcycles, rickshaws and scooters.

2.3.32.42.3.32.4. The following type vehicles, including but not limited to, motor homes, boats,
trailers, trucks, campers, buses, vans, low-speed vehicles and golf carts shall be parked for periods of
longer than twelve (12) hours in such places and for such times as are determined in the sole discretion
of the Association.

I go back to the killer was very angry... Even after Mr. D was deceased. That is personal, and a total F you. A family consists of more than the children... There are grandchildren, nieces, nephews, former friends of the children. I do not want to violate the TOS and can't for the life of me think the investigators have not considered that. I think the direct children are too old to have done anything like this, but if we are going down that line, that this was a personal attack from someone familiar with the Dermonds, and who was not a stranger in a psychotic state, or a hitman, then that leaves leaves only a couple of options left.

I just can't fathom that someone beheaded him for a little something, if anything and did NOT ransack the place

and if personal means "beheading" then the perp must've been pissed beyond comprehension, which clearly it's something beyond MY comprehension

And personal crime carries a broad definition, not just because someone is angry at or murdered someone, it covers many crimes against a person

but it sure seems the perps was P.O'd

Maybe just maybe they took the head to make it look like a hit? Thinking LE would steer in that direction.

:seeya: Here you go:

http://reynoldsplantationblog.typep...restated-declaration-of-covenants-redline.pdf

Page 19 of 157
2.3.17.1.2. Use of golf carts, go carts, ATVs, mopeds and other similar vehicles are prohibited on roads and road rights-of-way and other Common Property with the following exceptions:

2.3.17.1.2.12.3.17.1.2.1. Motorcycles/mopeds with quiet mufflers and that are street legal;

2.3.17.1.2.2. Construction and maintenance equipment, as long as the vehicle or equipment is properly identified with the appropriate slow moving
emblems, driven in a safe and orderly fashion and are driven the
shortest possible distance on the private streets;

2.3.17.1.2.3. Golf carts in Limited Common AreasProperty within which the use
of golf carts has been specifically authorized by the Association;

2.3.32.22.3.32.2. Vehicles shall not be parked on any Lot or Dwelling Unit so as to be visible from
any road or street, Common Property, Limited Common Property, Lake Oconee, Golf Course, or Club
Facilities, Amenity Area or combination thereof, for periods of seven (7) continuous days or more,
unless otherwise approved by the Association. Vehicles parked on a Lot or Dwelling Unit that are
visible from any road or street, Common Property, Limited Common Property, Lake Oconee, Golf
Course, or Club Facilities,Amenity Area or combination thereof, shall be parked on a driveway or
designated parking pad, unless otherwise approved by the Association.

2.3.32.3 2.3.32.3. The term "Vehicles" as used herein shall include, but is not limited to, automobiles,
pickup trucks, motorcycles, rickshaws and scooters.

2.3.32.42.3.32.4. The following type vehicles, including but not limited to, motor homes, boats,
trailers, trucks, campers, buses, vans, low-speed vehicles and golf carts shall be parked for periods of
longer than twelve (12) hours in such places and for such times as are determined in the sole discretion
of the Association.

Thanks, Yeah I figured that, parents let their 8 yr olds drive up and down the streets in some golf communities I've seen, kids get hurt all the time, don't move for cars, NUISANCE basically and dangerous

and btw, what's Clotheslinesclotheslines, does that have double meaning? JK :truce:

I think the main issue here is that we are missing a motive. Some will say no duh, but in order to understand this double murder we need to have a motive. What motive would a neighbor have, what motive would a gangster have. Who would benefit from the deaths of these two lovely people?

I think if Sills can establish that he will find the perp/perps. I also think he is very close and I am expecting an announcement very soon. How many times have we thought nothing was happening and then wham there it was. I believe this is what is about to happen here. Hoping so.:please::please:

AND more evidence..............it's coming ! slowly but surely

I hope so too!

Really? I guess that shows how people can have totally different opinions when looking at the same case.:)

Even when it first became news I didn't t ever think any family member had any involvement and I still don't. I have consistently believed this is someone that lives right in the community with Shirley and Russ. Someone that knows them well and may not even know that much about their children except in casual conversations with S&R.

And when Shirley was missing for 11 long days, I was even more convinced than before that they have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Families who are involved in murdering their parents for money don't hide the body. It defeats the purpose. If Shirley had never surfaced the Estate would have remained in limbo for many years until a Probate Judge was convinced she was deceased.

My neighbor who suffered from terminal cancer committed suicide by jumping off a bridge close to our home. Even though there were eye witnesses on the bank around the lake who saw her jump in it still took over 5 years for the Judge to finally declare she was indeed deceased. Until then all of her estate... including her home..... couldn't be inherited by her children.

I don't see any motive at all for the children to harm the very ones they all seem to love dearly. I think they are all devastated just like their son said. I really have liked how Sills has stressed many times over these past weeks that he has not found any family involvement. I got the distinct feeling he has such a distaste for unfounded rumors and gossip.

IMO

Mrs D does confuse me. I can't understand if she was placed there in order to be found, or if she was placed there to be hidden. I only remember the Sheriff stating that he felt she was placed there (as opposed to having floated there).

I almost get the feeling it was like "OMG, she's dead, now what do I do with her???"

And like another poster just stated, family could be more than the children or grandchildren. Or, like Dr. Laura says, those beyond your spouse and children are relatives. So maybe I will just use "relative" instead of "family"

Mrs D does confuse me. I can't understand if she was placed there in order to be found, or if she was placed there to be hidden. I only remember the Sheriff stating that he felt she was placed there (as opposed to having floated there).

I almost get the feeling it was like "OMG, she's dead, now what do I do with her???"

And like another poster just stated, family could be more than the children or grandchildren. Or, like Dr. Laura says, those beyond your spouse and children are relatives. So maybe I will just use "relative" instead of "family"

But if they were only a relative then why murder them in the first place? The Dermonds children would be the heirs in their Will, imo...........not a distant relative.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member