GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that tweet is from HLN. IMO it is probably not new news but rather it refers to the recent statements by Sills re: evidence, security footage, etc.

Ha! If it's what WSB TV reported yesterday I'll be so mad.
But you are right! I'm sure v it's old news.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

HLN Sherrif believes "victims knew their killerS."

no persons of interest and no suspects
no weapon found
missed first 48 hrs of critical info
why beheading

Mark Winnie- Sherrif Sills
Screening every known resident. Nothing was stolen that he knows of but, he's not certain. No suspects.

They knew the killer, decapitation to conceal evidence, no POI yet.
Same ol' stuff.

killers had SOME sophistication
both experts felt the beheading was to send a message to someone that knew the Dermonds, didn't agree with SILLS speculation that it was to hide evidence
hope it's connected to family, otherwise it's ANYBODY and harder to solve
WHY would they be killed

this was info stated on HLN at 330 today

Any news from the local media or updates from Sills?

I've decided to be courageous and post finally, because I have been following along on many cases here for years. A bit fearful of doing the wrong thing, but I'm sure you will forgive me and let me know.Have been thinking I should consider applying as "expert" because I am in the field but maybe later...
So many intelligent people here with so many ideas - I have not gone back to quote them, but they will know who they are...so here's my take:

* I am wondering if RD had an old Samurai sword collected from WWII and thinking a slightly known or connected younger perp(s) showed up on the Dermond property on that Friday and struck RD maybe with the handle of such a sword and then decapitated him with the blade. I think SD went to look for him and was struck from behind also, perhaps by a crowbar or boat tool.

* When I say "connected" or "slightly known", I am thinking late 20's-30's, relatives of neighbors or even grandchildren who maybe play too many video Ninja games on XBOX and someone KNEW that RD had one - or several, for that matter, because obsessed with owning a WWII relic of value and set out to get it. I can see someone taking the head just to show that the sword really does what it's supposed to do. (Sick, I know)

* Yes, the murder weapons were item(s) in the home a long time - maybe even kept in the garage. Don't think the perp(s) even entered the house(real smart about DNA evidence from watching too much TV!) I don't think RD was moved more than a short distance - maybe met someone in the driveway, garage, side door - who was interested in seeing something RD owned...??

All I got for the moment. Alternatively, I have no doubt that there were enemies made along the way and I would not be surprised if the killing of the elder Dermonds might have been a message to one of the grown children or their families. We are talking about some significant business dealings over time that may have displaced some disgruntled employee's elderly parents - something along those lines as "payback".

Any news from the local media or updates from Sills?

Nope, just HLN sending texts and stating breaking news ...only to be followed by yesterdays news . Their usual MO .

:seeya: Zuri

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

:welcome: PsychoBabble! Glad to have your thoughts on this one.

Look forward to reading more in future.

killers had SOME sophistication
both experts felt the beheading was to send a message to someone that knew the Dermonds, didn't agree with SILLS speculation that it was to hide evidence
hope it's connected to family, otherwise it's ANYBODY and harder to solve
WHY would they be killed

this was info stated on HLN at 330 today

tomkat, there are multiple motives for decapitation of victims. Although hiding evidence may be one of these motivations, I am leaning towards the motivation being sexual in nature by a ritual killer/s.. Imo, the decapitation may be for confusion/deflection purposes; to hide the evidence, and the identity(dna) of a sexual assault by a malignant and sadistic escalated ritual predator/s..

Imo, Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills has been very transparent and forthcoming in releasing information in the Dermond abduction/murder/decapitation investigation. Due to the integrity of the investigation, as well as the involvement of the FBI and the BAU2 psychological/behavioral profilers. It is doubtful imo, that he would release this info due to the obvious ramifications on commerce, as well as the fear and unrest in the RP & GW community..
Sheriff Sills, has stated that the Dermonds were targeted. Imo, this statement was made for a specific reason; to ease the worried minds of a very scared community...

The following study is very interesting; (JMO)

Is there an evolution or elaboration to the ritual murderer?

http://www.jaapl.org/content/38/2/239.long

Ritual and Signature in Serial Sexual Homicide
www.jaapl.org/content/38/2/239.long
by LB Schlesinger - ‎2010 - ‎Cited by 10 - ‎Related articles
Address correspondence to: Louis B. Schlesinger, PhD, John Jay College of ... Authors of other early publications2–5 found similar behavior in sexual murderers. ..... victims and progressed to decapitation and then evisceration of later victims.

tomkat, there are multiple motives for decapitation of victims. Although hiding evidence may be one of these motivations, I am leaning towards the motivation being sexual in nature by a ritual killer/s.. Imo, the decapitation may be for confusion/deflection purposes; to hide the evidence, and identity(dna) of a sexual assault by a sadistic escalated ritual predator/s..

Address correspondence to: Louis B. Schlesinger, PhD, John Jay College of ... Authors of other early publications2–5 found similar behavior in sexual murderers. ..... victims and progressed to decapitation and then evisceration of later victims.

OH GREAT! Now I KNOW I won't be staying alone at the lakehouse for a LOOOONG time..................

Ok, so sexual sadistic ritual predator...............oh my gosh

So that/those foools are still out there, predating, wait is that a word

SO, I wonder if the database shows any other sort of assaults in a 60 mile radius or such

Interesting.....but why the Dermonds?

Thanks for sharing

tomkat, there are multiple motives for decapitation of victims. Although hiding evidence may be one of these motivations, I am leaning towards the motivation being sexual in nature by a ritual killer/s.. Imo, the decapitation may be for confusion/deflection purposes; to hide the evidence, and identity(dna) of a sexual assault by a sadistic escalated ritual predator/s..

I have been thinking about this all day today... that maybe the head wasn't removed in order to conceal the type of weapon used but maybe to remove DNA that the perp left behind. Not going in detail on that one... just read between the lines.

Do the D's still own franchises in BK and CF? there have been conflicting reports as to whether they had sold their ownership or still had interest in them? It was reported that Mr D had paid taxes on the boat that he sold but also to a BK and CF restaurants.

I understand that they had "retired" yet may still have ownership in them or carrying financing for the sale of them.

Many times these days seniors are retiring and selling assets and carrying the financing if they do not need the proceeds in full right away. By carrying some of the financing they can make more off their investment than money in the banks. Banks interest rates are so low that seller financing is more attractive financially to them.

Franchise agreements can be tricky but most involve more than one unit or restaurant. Having agreements with two chains would involve quite a substantial investment. And normally those agreements cover certain territorial markets for the units. IMO the sale of those would be substantial.

JMO's

There are more late morning burglaries then nighttime burglaries. People get a false sense of being safe because its light outside.

If there were two people involved maybe one entered through the back door when the other was in the front. Imo

Has anyone searched to see if the Dermond's had anything for sale on craigslist? Does that area have a craigslist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member