GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering that myself this morning.

The killer WANTED Mr. Dermonds body to be found.

The Killer DIDN'T WANT Mrs. Dermonds body to be found.

Why ??

If that question was answered they would know who they are looking for.

BBM Not only found, but found without a head. Designed to traumatize and shock? Or perhaps that wasn't the intention if the decapitation was to hide evidence.
Why hide one and not the other? That's the million dollar question. Well, there are several million dollar questions. Where is Mr. D's head? Did he hide it, place it in the lake (I want to say throw in the lake but it feels so disrespectful), or take it with him to keep, as a trophy of sorts?

About the murder weapon. Could the murder weapon have been something that if disposed of those who know the killer will notice the absence of this weapon? What I mean is, if the killer felt he had to decapitate Mr. Dermond, and then disposed of the weapon, would the weapon be such that if the killer disposed of it, those in the killers life would would notice the weapon missing? Another question, did the killer(s) use this same weapon to kill Mrs. Dermond? If so, why wasn't Mrs. Dermond decapitated? Were there two weapons used, one for Mr. Dermond, and one for Mrs. Dermond? If so, maybe the killer(s) didn't intend to use whatever weapon was used to kill Mr. Dermond, or there were two killers, or the killer used two weapons.

:seeya:

Imo this is very important.
The security system to the neighborhood was not working, broken, cut..something.

Then we learn the D's are religious about locked doors and their security system.

Were the lines to their security system cut?
Was it cut off from the inside?

Did the killer know the Ds and maybe haphazardly allowed inside the home with no concern?

From what we have been told it seems the killer never entered inside of the Dermond home itself.........only the garage. That makes me think the Dermonds possibly went to the killer's home instead sometime in the evening on Friday. It seems the only time the killer was at their home was to slightly drag Russ' torso into the garage.

While I have no doubt they still activated their security system at night when they retired to bed I don't think it would be activated at anytime during the day when they were up. They had no reason to believe that their home wasn't safe. Nothing had ever happened and they had lived there for 20 years.

Even their children said they believe this happened during the day. Maybe they think that knowing the alarm was always activated at night as they slept.

So I think the murders happened before it was even time to lock up for the night and secure the alarm. I think the Dermonds went somewhere there in the community and fully expected to return to their home later that night or evening.

IMO

We live in a very small town. We don't have a lot of crime here but....a few years ago there were some things happening where someone would just walk right in your home during the day. We never leave our doors unlocked at any time even if we are both here. The thought of someone just walking in gives me the willies...so they are locked. Even if my hubby is here and in the back yard, the front door is locked.

The reading to a neighbor may have come from me? WSB reported that on a weekend morning newscast but I have not heard anything about that again.

I am sure I read it but can't remember where. I was surprised that it had not been mentioned again. I have looked for it, but can't find it. jmo

@HLNonthecase We're chasing developing news in the Dermond killings. The sheriff has new information #onthecase

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

:seeya:

Imo this is very important.
The security system to the neighborhood was not working, broken, cut..something.

Then we learn the D's are religious about locked doors and their security system.

Were the lines to their security system cut?
Was it cut off from the inside?

Did the killer know the Ds and maybe haphazardly allowed inside the home with no concern?

It only takes one time to forget to turn it on. Sometimes they are only used at night.

Just reading the paper about a break in in a neighboring town. Both residents robbed and killed.

The two were trowling the neighborhood and this particular house had an open garage door they entered through. Robbed and killed because they left their garage door open.

The strange thing is it was a male and female from two different cities and the robbery took place in one of our very nice communities.

Opportunity!

I can understand leaving the security system off when they are home during the day or early evening.. using it when they retire for the night.

But if they were leaving their home for a period of time, I could see them engaging the alarm, even if going somewhere within the neighborhood

@HLNonthecase We're chasing developing news in the Dermond killings. The sheriff has new information #onthecase

Did you get the new information? ty

About the murder weapon. Could the murder weapon have been something that if disposed of those who know the killer will notice the absence of this weapon? What I mean is, if the killer felt he had to decapitate Mr. Dermond, and then disposed of the weapon, would the weapon be such that if the killer disposed of it, those in the killers life would would notice the weapon missing? Another question, did the killer(s) use this same weapon to kill Mrs. Dermond? If so, why wasn't Mrs. Dermond decapitated? Were there two weapons used, one for Mr. Dermond, and one for Mrs. Dermond? If so, maybe the killer(s) didn't intend to use whatever weapon was used to kill Mr. Dermond, or there were two killers, or the killer used two weapons.

This post ^^ is the most important post of all. This is where all the answers to this tragedy lie.

*If there was only 1 killer, it seems improbable that the removal of Mr. Dermond's head was to get rid of evidence. (Ballistic evidence, specifically).

*1 killer would most likely kill both victims with the same weapon, in the same way.

I don't see Mr. Dermond being shot and the perp throwing the gun away and then killing Mrs. Dermond via bludgeoning.

As far as decapitating Mr D because of potential DNA evidence, that doesn't fit either, IMO. Mrs. D would probably have the same DNA evidence and the killer(s) could have just dumped him in the lake as well.

I also agree with Oceanblueeyes regarding everything she head about it not being a professional hit. Nothing in this case fits with the MO of any professional 'hitters' that I have ever seen.

This case is making me :scared::banghead::scared:

That tweet was 3 hours ago. I hope that means it's coming soon! :please:

Thanks for the heads up.

that tweet is from HLN. IMO it is probably not new news but rather it refers to the recent statements by Sills re: evidence, security footage, etc.

that tweet is from HLN. IMO it is probably not new news but rather it refers to the recent statements by Sills re: evidence, security footage, etc.

So nothing new? :tantrum:

guess we will see. right now talking about the pot brownie case.

We live in a very small town. We don't have a lot of crime here but....a few years ago there were some things happening where someone would just walk right in your home during the day. We never leave our doors unlocked at any time even if we are both here. The thought of someone just walking in gives me the willies...so they are locked. Even if my hubby is here and in the back yard, the front door is locked.

Times have changed and no matter if in a small town, a city or the country - if you have a security system.... use it. Security as well as locked and loaded. It only takes moments for something to happen and the alarm system provides those in the home a heads-up. I think the D's were caught off guard for sure. Especially with no signs of a struggle inside the home.

Did you get the new information? ty

No. I am checking my Twitter account frequently and listening to HLN, but WSB TV comes on at 4:00 and they have provided more New information lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members