GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this, I wondered that too

NO WAY ! You see the perps in the stills ?! :scared:

I don't understand your comment and reaction. Did you follow the progression regarding this post? Dr. Watson took a news video (that was produced AFTER Mrs. D's body was found) and he pulled one still photo from this news video. I don't think anything was ever mentioned about "seeing the perps." But if you review the still photo maybe you can see the white truck also.

De. Watson, I did not misunderstand what you said in your original statement.
You say "what may be a truck" and "not sure if it's just an aberration".

This definitely is not saying as you just said today ^^^^that you saw a truck in the picture!

This is Dr.Wateon's original quote from the day this picture was first posted.

"Here's the video link again where this came from - the still shot is pulled from around the 1:30 mark. I see what you mean about what may be a truck in the still, but looking at the video several times again, I'm not sure if it's just an aberration of the shadows. You have a good eye to have seen that!

If you look at google earth, this shoreline area is on a peninsula that is almost like an island - I couldn't see any roads past a certain point further north, but that doesn't mean they aren't there - it's very densely wooded..."

Moderators, I deserve the opportunity to correct misspoken statements on what I understand!

Goodness! That article brought tears to my eyes.

537d0a75a1ded.preview-300.jpg

BBM Oh, so, so, so sad. Those innocent people.

I think I am getting a little lost on the focus of Shirley in the trees. I was sure it was said by the fisherman she was face down but I keep reading about her "vertically", "upright", etc. I think they just saw something floating and that was the reference to a buoy. Am I missing something?

the thread is now open again.

A few reminders:

1) no more gators.. joking or otherwise. This was already posted a few threads ago so if anyone missed it this is just a reminder.

2) if you have a problem with a post use the alert button: don't respond

3) DO NOT SLEUTH FAMILY MEMBERS. Until or unless a family member is named a suspect or person of interest we do not go there.

Shirley’s death leaves an empty place at the table
Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2014 1:50 am

~snip

More at link: http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_780fad32-e12c-11e3-911e-001a4bcf887a.html

I predicted that she took road trips with her friends to NC!
I said Highlands NC to be specific, only because it's a community where you have to get permission to live there and be approved. I imagine she was a lot of fun. How great is it that she was still so active at her age.
Monsters... should have left that couple alone.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Why isn't anyone posting? Aren't we open for posting? ty

Goodness! That article brought tears to my eyes.

537d0a75a1ded.preview-300.jpg

BBM Oh, so, so, so sad. Those innocent people.

I think I am getting a little lost on the focus of Shirley in the trees. I was sure it was said by the fisherman she was face down but I keep reading about her "vertically", "upright", etc. I think they just saw something floating and that was the reference to a buoy. Am I missing something?

Thank you Nurse Beeme! :loveyou:

Plumeria, here's the link to the article about the fisherman who found Mrs. Dermond's body: http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_62084dfe-e12d-11e3-b5e4-001a4bcf887a.html

Fisherman spots body while ‘keeping eye’ out

Descriptions of the way Mrs. Dermond's body was found:

1. The fisherman's description: "Friday he (the fisherman) and his across-the-street neighbor were heading to a fishing spot on Lake Oconee when they saw something “that just didn’t look right.” That “something” was the body of Shirley Dermond, 87, caught in a tangle of trees. “I thought, ‘Holy crap. That doesn’t look right,’” ****** said, describing the scene where the body of woman was “hung up” at the tree line.

2. Sheriff Sills' description: "Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills later said the body was held in place by trees in the water and was “face down and feet down” in the water."

No! First time this picture was posted, I commented about seeing a white truck. Dr. Watson responded that he had reviewed the video this still was taken from and saw nothing. He said from checking maps he did not see access to the area on that side of the lake.

No one sees the truck but me!! Believe me, I will never mention it again.

I see it. It's a little creepy. Well, that whole scene to me is creepy.

Question to the truly tech savvy folks...maybe some one who worked/works for a phone company can answer this for me...
Can you pull a record with the phone numbers of a specific cell tower's pings from a point in time to another point in time?? (like in the Sniderman case)

O/T
Your post reminded me that the Sneidermans owned a home on Lake Oconee. I think she was also arrested in Putnam County.

<BBM for Focus>

tomkat, before coming over to the Dermond abduction/murder/decapitation investigation ws thread. I had been sleuthing the 08/2009 horrific murder of Pastor Carol Daniels(Anardarko, OK). Her case has a few parallels with the Dermond case, imo. Clues were analyzed by expert profiler Vernon Geberth; NYPD retired & author of the Homicide investigators Bible..

The answer to your question BBM above may be contained in the following msm link;

Crime Expert Analysis Clues in Anardarko Pastor's Murder
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/current/TULSA1.htm

Websleuths Pastor Carol Daniels 08/2009 Anardarko, OK
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88118&highlight=carol+daniels

OKAY, THANKS! Will check it out!

I don't understand your comment and reaction. Did you follow the progression regarding this post? Dr. Watson took a news video (that was produced AFTER Mrs. D's body was found) and he pulled one still photo from this news video. I don't think anything was ever mentioned about "seeing the perps." But if you review the still photo maybe you can see the white truck also.

The implication and I thought I saw it posted that the white truck may be the perps

I did not see it, was surprised :seeya:

the thread is now open again.

A few reminders:

1) no more gators.. joking or otherwise. This was already posted a few threads ago so if anyone missed it this is just a reminder.

2) if you have a problem with a post use the alert button: don't respond

3) DO NOT SLEUTH FAMILY MEMBERS. Until or unless a family member is named a suspect or person of interest we do not go there.

BBM

Thanks nursebeeme. I am so glad you put an end to the animal who shall not be named. :D

WSB

Richard Elliot spoke with Keith Dermond by phone. Keith is at the house and tells Elliot the house is still disheveled from all the searches and there is fingerprint dust everywhere. Keith Dermond wanted to tell friends and neighbors, "We appreciate all the support and ask for your continued prayers." Elliot says one neighbor in Great Waters told him that people inside the neighborhood are still uneasy but they are not really living in fear that this was some sort of random act of violence. More to come at 6 PM.

My summary. Not verbatim.

Just coming back on line again.:)

I wasn't going to mention anything about this but I want to know is anyone else bugged by this?

One thing has nagged at me from the very beginning.

Russ and Shirley seemed to have been extremely well liked and an integral part of their community but yet it took until Tuesday at 10am for their friend to finally go over to check on them.

The Derby Party was suppose to happen Saturday evening or night sometime, iirc.

Why did it take this long for their friend to finally walk over to see if anything was wrong?

Just puzzles the dickens out of me. I just don't see Shirley and Russ the type to just not show up and not call or anything. In fact I don't even think they would ever not show up somewhere they were planning to attend unless an emergency had happened, and I feel even then they would let people know.

It has nagged at me from the time I learned it took until Tuesday to even become worried about them enough to go see about them.

I know this.... if these were my friends and they were always as good as their word about showing up, I would have gone over there immediately after I left the Derby Party to see what could be wrong. Surely whoever this is was trying to reach them repeatedly on their cell phones or land line. Did that not even alarm them?????

I wonder if this strikes LE odd too or is it just me.:floorlaugh:

IMO

I predicted that she took road trips with her friends to NC!
I said Highlands NC to be specific, only because it's a community where you have to get permission to live there and be approved. I imagine she was a lot of fun. How great is it that she was still so active at her age.
Monsters... should have left that couple alone.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I read this morning somewhere that those in the community thought Russ and Shirley were in their 60s.

IMO

I see it. It's a little creepy. Well, that whole scene to me is creepy.

I see it, kind of hazy, but you can even see the tail light and looks like the rims, kind of sits high?

SO, now the boat theory and the boat ramp theory can be blown out of the water, (no pun intended)

that would make perfect since for them to have just dropped someone on the shore in the wooded area at the tree section of the lake, with a 4 wheel drive jacked up chevy truck

you can even go over some fallen trees if truck isn't too low to the ground

That is VERY interesting, not that THAT truck is the perp necessarily, unless they are CAMPING up in there !

Trying to stick with critical thinking, I'm shooting at my own thoughts and beginning to see another reason why LE is going with the boat only idea.

If the killer(s) used a road vehicle, they would be nuts to take a route out of GW and back to the lake and go through the trouble to place the corpse anywhere in the lake. At the least, if it was a road vehicle they used, they would place the corpse in the most remote location where it would be the hardest to find and as far from the scene as practical.

So if a boat was used for the entire episode, (they) were actually limited by that fact. If they left the scene at dark, got out their fishing gear and went unnoticed, floated back out to the channel and down the lake, waited until they were in a good location and then placed the corpse, that was that.

Is the killer someone that lives on the lake and never needed to do anything but fish awhile before heading back to their own place?

It's possible if there were two, one stayed with the boat, keeping watch?

I read this morning somewhere that those in the community thought Russ and Shirley were in their 60s.

IMO

That's A...mAzing !

I read too that their son said they didnt' like to tell people their age and most , if not all, thought they were much younger

some can be so fortunate

Thank you Nurse Beeme! :loveyou:

Plumeria, here's the link to the article about the fisherman who found Mrs. Dermond's body: http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_62084dfe-e12d-11e3-b5e4-001a4bcf887a.html

Fisherman spots body while ‘keeping eye’ out

Descriptions of the way Mrs. Dermond's body was found:

1. The fisherman's description: "Friday he (the fisherman) and his across-the-street neighbor were heading to a fishing spot on Lake Oconee when they saw something “that just didn’t look right.” That “something” was the body of Shirley Dermond, 87, caught in a tangle of trees. “I thought, ‘Holy crap. That doesn’t look right,’” ****** said, describing the scene where the body of woman was “hung up” at the tree line.

2. Sheriff Sills' description: "Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills later said the body was held in place by trees in the water and was “face down and feet down” in the water."

BBM

Not being gross here, but does that mean she was draped over a tree, with just her face and feet in water? If so, maybe that's why the fishermen thought she was a buoy.
Just thinking out loud here. Seems like if she was floating in the water, the wording would be a little different.
:dunno:
I'm sure I am wrong, but it wouldn't be the 1st time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x