GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading along and this caught my eye.

Sheriff Sills is trying to secure more reward money!

WHAT???

Don't families come up with reward money?

I am perplexed. This is a wealthy couple with wealthy children.

I am very confused why the reward isn't huge to find the murderer's of their mother and father.

A brutal murder.

Any thoughts on why the Sheriff is the one scrambling and it's not the kids offering???

That is very strange to me.

<BBM for Focus>

Not necessarily, Honeybun1807... Rewards are raised in many ways. For instance, in the Holly Bobo abduction, the TN Governor ponied up $50,000.00 for a reward. In most cases that I have followed, a facebook page is set up by a family member or close friend with a reward donation option. Social media is a very valuable resource for raising reward fund$, and imo the ms media would do their part in promoting the reward fund...

Many times the community will also organize fund raisers for rewards. In the Dermond case, I would think that someone from their local bank, Church, or the RP/GW community would step up and organize a reward fund..
Imo, the reward fund would grow very rapidly due to the community's concern and enormous awareness in the Dermond investigation...

We really don't know the finances of the family or of S & R Dermond, w/o checking out their financials. Things are not alway$ as they seem...

<BBM for Focus>

Not necessarily, Honeybun1807... Rewards are raised in many ways. For instance, in the Holly Bobo abduction, the TN Governor ponied up $50,000.00 for a reward. In most cases that I have followed, a facebook page is set up by a family member or close friend with a reward donation option.

Many times the community will also organize fund raisers for rewards. In the Dermond case, I would think that someone from their local bank, Church, or the RP/GW community would step up and organize a reward fund..
Imo, the reward fund would grow very rapidly due to the community's concern and enormous awareness in the Dermond investigation...

We really don't know the finances of the family or of S & R Dermond, w/o checking out their financials. Things are not alway$ as they seem...

Morning FoxFire!

Do rewards like this ever work? The ones I see getting rewards most of the time are people who find the victim's body by happenstance.

As you know I think the murderer may be someone of wealth and power themselves. That is going to take a whole lot of money for someone to rat them out.

The family probably thinks that it is up to LE to solve the case. They may also have an adversity to paying someone big money who should have the decency to come forward without being paid.

IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5F3lvkQQvI

Very interesting.

Point: No signs of sexual assault (on SD). "...fully clothed..." LE implies both corpses found with clothing normal for daytime but not for going to a formal event. How does this fact affect the motive?

LE says of moving SD's corpse to the lake: To buy time. How does moving a body buy time?

PS: Link to Telegraph video's: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=thetelegraphmidga&page=2

I think that the GBI or FBI agent had stated in one of the interview posted here, that becuase of her missing and his murder, it was like 2 investigations, confusing the situation I gather and more to focus on instead of concentrated efforts on ONE case, it was like TWO Cases IMO

heading out ! Thanks all for the concern and wishing wells ! BE safe, I"m sure I wont be able to stay away completely !!! :scared::seeya:

Very interesting.

Point: No signs of sexual assault (on SD). "...fully clothed..." LE implies both corpses found with clothing normal for daytime but not for going to a formal event. How does this fact affect the motive?

LE says of moving SD's corpse to the lake: To buy time. How does moving a body buy time?

PS: Link to Telegraph video's: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=thetelegraphmidga&page=2

"How does moving a body buy time?" LE would put the majority of their efforts on search and rescue versus looking for the criminal.

"How does this effect the motive?" I don't think it has much to do with the "motive." I think it has more to do with the timeline.

Morning FoxFire!

Do rewards like this ever work? The ones I see getting rewards most of the time are people who find the victim's body by happenstance.

As you know I think the murderer may be someone of wealth and power themselves. That is going to take a whole lot of money for someone to rat them out.

The family probably thinks that it is up to LE to solve the case. They may also have an adversity to paying someone big money who should have the decency to come forward without being paid.

IMO

BBM, If that's the case, it won't work or even at that, the possible witness or "helper" may try bribery

But they MUST try a higher reward, to not... would be tragic, just in case and there may be a "little" guy involved, not all big wheels possibly?

Out of here

Morning everyone!:seeya:

I don't think so. They think someone that the Dermonds knew may have tried to extort money out of them. Say they were pressuring them into investing in something they knew was a scam and refused to be a part of it. Or something was going on at RP by someone and the Dermonds didn't like it nor approved.

It really isn't true about the missing wife though. I have no doubt in my mind that a large part of his estate would be made out to Shirley if he passed before her. She certainly would have all the rights in the world to his assets. None of her rights would have been set aside simply because she was missing. She was married to the man for 68 years. So until she was declared legally dead by the courts, which could take many years, the estate would remain in limbo.

I don't think the killer is real close with the victims but has had some kind of dealings with them there where they lived.

IMO

But there were reports that 80% of the RP community was against whatever tehy were doing, so why single out the Dermonds??

Morning FoxFire!

IMO

True Ocean, but every now and then a reward may nudge that person to come forward that has valuable information that solves a case.. Many folks simply do not want to get involved for various reasons...

Regarding the community raising funds for a reward that is usually done because the victims family is poor and unable to do so themselves. MOO

When OBE mentioned financial for some reason I thought 'ponzi'. Maybe investments did play a part in all of this.

With that said do Wall Street types ever behead anybody?

The brutality of a beheading seems to rule out the Average Joe.

But scrolling along the open topics on WS and those that DO kill gives me the Willie's!

I wish the MetLife Corporation would donate to the reward fund. That would be a fabulous show of support and goodwill for the community.

But there were reports that 80% of the RP community was against whatever tehy were doing, so why single out the Dermonds??

I wonder if the Dermonds were in the 20%. The Dermonds were elderly, their home was relatively isolated, ingress and egress was easy are some of the reasons why I think they were targeted. Interesting how the monsters waited until the trees had leaves to provide more cover for their heinous crime. Just my musings.

I wish the MetLife Corporation would donate to the reward fund. That would be a fabulous show of support and goodwill for the community.

Yes it would, Zuri. But, I wouldn't bank on it. They simply want this to go away ASAP, imo..

I'm still with my 2 original thoughts...
1. Really old grudge and add drugs in the mix. Meth. "Brutal savage" =old grudge fueled by meth. IMO
2. Targeted the wrong house and had to finish the job, even though it was the wrong job. Mistaken house/ mistaken identity fueled by meth. IMO.

Lakeoconee, what is the prevailing thought amongst the residents as to why the Dermonds were targeted? :seeya:

Everybody I have talked to is baffled. Nobody here thinks it had to do with the MetLife purchase. And Met Life is WAY too big to be affected by this. That whole thing is over and done. Certainly never heard of the Dermond's being involved or activists pro or con.

And I still maintain that you could travel by boat from the Dermond's dock to the Riley Shoals area in ten or fifteen minutes. These boats go really fast. Bass boats over 45 MPH typically. Deck boats well over 25 or 30 mph.

Still feel it has to do with one spouse seeing/hearing something they shouldn't and had to be silenced. other was collateral damage.body was dragged to garage from a short distance away in order to hide it temporarily from passerby view.

Mrs. D was dumped as perp exited via lake.

Perp was high. MOO

10min vid, interview w sheriff today or yesterday.

At 3:05, he says [mostly my paraphrasing] whether this was done "as a result of self preservation or pure meanness" it takes a certain level of depravity to kill 80+ y/o ppl, like this etc .

What is he saying ---"as a result of self preservation."
--- "pure meanness"
Thx in adv. :seeya:

Anyone here remember the Byrd and Melanie Billings case where the guys dressed in Ninja garb came in and murdered them and left their 13 kids? They wanted into their safe I believe.

Im wondering if ......these persons wanted account info or wanted to get in their safe an
I wonder if they tortured MrD for info and after they got it they then killed Mrs D. because she knows them.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8110569&page=1

Regarding the community raising funds for a reward that is usually done because the victims family is poor and unable to do so themselves. MOO

When OBE mentioned financial for some reason I thought 'ponzi'. Maybe investments did play a part in all of this.

With that said do Wall Street types ever behead anybody?

The brutality of a beheading seems to rule out the Average Joe.

But scrolling along the open topics on WS and those that DO kill gives me the Willie's!

Funny that you should mention "Ponzi." There was a Ponzi trial held in Athens, GA beginning May 6. Wonder if anyone owning Lake Oconee property were investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay