GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get from the Dermond's house to the place on the lake where her body was recovered would take an hour or more. Going through two security gates. Traveling miles and miles down a very rough woods road that I seriously doubt anybody but about 100 people could find.

By boat, it would be as little as 10 or 15 minutes, depending on what kind of boat.

I respectfully disagree. To travel five miles on water , unless you are in a high speed "cigarette boat " would take much longer MOO from my experience *Atthelake*. Do I have distance incorrect ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Does Lake Oconee usually have DNR doing their rounds on the lake every day? I guess with the advent of cameras and" big brother" it seems like they are always right there to nab someone for breaking the rules.They absolutely drive people nuts at the campgrounds. (I won't camp anymore. They lock you in at 11:00pm. No one is allowed to leave unless it's in an ambulance or a patrol car- or someone comes to gate to get you. Nope! Don't lock me in anywhere-)
At least from the neighbors stories... I haven't been out in 10 years I guess.
No way anyone would risk a body in the boat during daylight. Maybe at night...
I wonder how familiar perps were with patrols on the lake, like what time they hit the water etc..
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

NO, they aren't at sinclair, we randomly see them patroling the waters and our lake is not as big as oconee tho quite a large area to cover

but PEOPLE are out, however, the boats may be more scanty, I mentioned earlier thread that school wasn't out on the 2nd so not as many out on the lake as during summer

So that made it less risky for the perps, I still think they'd be foolssssssss .welll...UH, they are anyway........but at the risk of being caught, weight it.. day? or night? less risky and less likely to be seen? Night? I've never see anything but a random fishing boat at night on our side and never the DNR in 20 years, but I certainly could have missed them at night....my point, missed them

ALso, no moonlight. ANd as I mentioned earlier, there are 14 hours in a day, I think they started in the daylight hours closer to evening and worked into the night to finish and move things around

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it..........for now

OH and the RP members or cohorts, certainly know the like IMO
(in regards to my last post on RP and Metlife)

I respectfully disagree. To travel five miles on water , unless you are in a high speed "cigarette boat " would take much longer MOO from my experience *Atthelake*. Do I have distance incorrect ?

I think Lakeoconee is referring to moving the body by land to where SD was recovered, instead of if by water

AND, um, what is a high speed cigarette boat??? :blushing:

can we assume this happened during the time dnr is off the lake? It narrows the window a little....

Moo

sent from my lg-d801 using tapatalk

sent from my lg-d801 using tapatalk

night time

Me too and I am glad they haven't done any press interviews telling how they found the body like most do. No one needs to know who they are but Sills and the investigators.

I don't need or want to know their names but it still does nag me it took many days to even check on the Dermonds.

IMO

SMH...It was QUICKLY reported IMHO . I cannot fathom the guilt bestowed upon friends and family thinking three days is a long time . I think that is quick for a retired couple . It is not like missing work was a red flag and most jurisdictions have a 48 - 72 hours rule for investigating . I bristle at the thought her family or friends are reading here . This is the first case in my years here that that thought is top of mind .that family/friends is reading such and it is breaking their hearts ...This case ..feeling such ...Perhaps due to being so close ?

I am reaching too! This crime does not make sense with the little info we have been given. JMO

ETA: It would be helpful if the FBI and Sheriff's office would share their files with us.

bbm, lol I agree.

If LE has a COD for Mrs. ............ do they know the place of the murder?
Could the ME determine the time of the murder since Mrs. was found weeks
later in the lake?

Does LE know the last person either of the Ds spoke to on their phone.

Moo.
Mr. Dermond's body had to be left as proof of his death?
Perp has already planned on going after the estate and thought since Mr.D earned the income a "missing" wife would have no rights to the money anyway?

I'm really reaching!

so now we're back to something more in the lines of organzied crime.......?

and true about missing wife

It is not totally formulated yet, but here goes and I am just throwing hypotheses out there.

What is the best way to drive home prices down: Crime. Area has million dollar homes; exclusive; gated. Reynolds Plantation was bankrupt prior to the sale to MetLife. The 3600 Residents would not agree to buy Reynolds Plantation for 20K a piece, so the developer had to find outside funds. Residents: 80% voted against, 20% for the assessment.

Retribution for the vote and development takeover by MetLife. How is MetLife going to build and sell houses, create shopping centers, drive new money into this area now? Just a thought.

I have done the same thing and tried to see what would be accomplished by killing these two people in the manner it was done. Shock factor; to induce fear and to cause .... what .... if this was not something directly connected (real or perceived) to the Dermond’s?

MetLife ---
Stockholder could take a hit, when they can’t make the property profitable enough to resell for more than they paid.
Because they need to develop new lots to increase value
and who would want to buy into an area that is “troubled”.
without new sales it can’t afford upgrades and/or increases to amenities.

Residents ---
Would take a hit when they attempt to sell, (and re-estate is not going gang busters now as it is)
Increases in home foreclosures.
Increases in depressed sales because older people will have to except
lower prices so they can move into assisted living
Businesses ---
Would take a hit when tourists don’t visit, and locals tighten their belts
to make up for potential increase in taxes
to make up for increased police presence
to make up for any losses to municipal coffers based on reduced monies coming in because of lower prices of any home sales.

The only one who could possibly gain is someone/group who wants to be able to buy the entire property at a great discount.
I would think that it would take more than a single homicide case to cause all of that and it would not be anything that would happen any time soon.

80% of the residents were not willing to fork out $20,000 to keep the property from being sold to another entity so even if Mr. and Mrs. D were one of that 80% group that leaves a whole lot of people left who felt the same way. Why then would just retribution to them make a change.

None of the above seems to make enough sense to be a valid reason. Which brings me back to some kind of a personal connection to the D’s?

I thought the same earlier today. People early on saying canoe. Ooo boy! To row 5 miles???? No thank you!

You really have to go MUCH slower in the dark.
IMO if it would take 10-15 min in daylight.
It will take 25-35@night.
Jmo

SMH...It was QUICKLY reported IMHO . I cannot fathom the guilt bestowed upon friends and family thinking three days is a long time . I think that is quick for a retired couple . It is not like missing work was a red flag and most jurisdictions have a 48 - 72 hours rule for investigating . I bristle at the thought her family or friends are reading here . This is the first case in my years here that that thought is top of mind .that family/friends is reading such and it is breaking their hearts ...This case ..feeling such ...Perhaps due to being so close ?

I dont think anyone is blaming the friends/neighbors etc and it's not been discussed overly much either, only broght up a few times IIRC

It plays in , in my mind, with who they are and their lives, past and present possibly

I bristle at the thought of them having to deal with the whole thing, the beheading, the woman they loved floating dead in the water, their neighborhood and fears of not knowing............

I take it you are on Oconee??

so now we're back to something more in the lines of organzied crime.......?

and true about missing wife

Not organized crime. Just men that are all fluffed up.
Not sure what the term is other than narcisst might be in it.
Moo
ETA: The Dermond's would just be collateral damage.
A means to an end maybe.
IDK.
Still feels like round hole square
peg. Moo

I think he is correct somebody knows about this. I think somebody other than the killer/killers. That particular person will be better off telling police now than being charged with a crime themselves later on!

WELL FINALLY HALLELUJAH sills is talking about raising the reward, why doenst' the family offer one or add to it !!

Or can they? It's not their case it's the City/FBI case now, so maybe that shas something to do with it

just curious, but americans can be bought I've always heard

Not organized crime. Just men that are all fluffed up.
Not sure what the term is other than narcisst might be in it.
Moo

Well if it's not street thugs and it aint mob, it's still more organized in my mind

But yeah,we're on the same page there

Definitely narcissistic

I am reaching too! This crime does not make sense with the little info we have been given. JMO

ETA: It would be helpful if the FBI and Sheriff's office would share their files with us.

Okay, you can call tomorrow (today) and get those for us ! THANKS! And tell them we don't charge much, lol, they can fax our checks to us :floorlaugh:

Yeah I'm afraid we wont' know as much as we need until they confess or are caught, right Backwoods? I am thinking of SM case, never did know all the info LE/ME/FBI had until his confession, (3 years !!!!!!!!!!!)

WELL FINALLY HALLELUJAH sills is talking about raising the reward, why doenst' the family offer one or add to it !!

Or can they? It's not their case it's the City/FBI case now, so maybe that shas something to do with it

just curious, but americans can be bought I've always heard

In Reynolds Plantation?
I have a great idea! Let's offer a $20,000 reward.
IMO that is not enough to make a lot of people talk.
Once you open your month you have to lawyer up.
That might covered your lawyer... not a dime left.
Why speak up? Let the people getting paid figure it out.

Really nowadays talk ain't cheap, and if you already live in million + home, is it worth it?
I'd talk, but I can't keep a secret ever!

Don't get me wrong. They do a great job any keep everyone in line, just at my age I don't care to be "policed" anymore. It gets old pulling out the life jackets for yet another count!
Moo

Those counts ..yes .. An opportunity for them to evaluate if your boat captain has been drinking also .

Sills has narrowed the timeline to a 24-hour window between that Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon.

The decapitation also factors in to make Sills think at least two assailants took part.

“That takes a little effort to do that. Even if the (dead) person’s not alive. And then we have Mrs. Dermond’s body in the lake five miles away,” the sheriff said.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/22/311...probably.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/22/311...probably.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

Can we assume this happened during the time DNR is off the lake? It narrows the window a little....

Moo

Not unless you know of the time ..I have not heard . If was later Friday till sunrise Saturday ... DNR was not on shift Moo

In Reynolds Plantation?
I have a great idea! Let's offer a $20,000 reward.
IMO that is not enough to make a lot of people talk.
Once you open your month you have to lawyer up.
That might covered your lawyer... not a dime left.
Why speak up? Let the people getting paid figure it out.

Really nowadays talk ain't cheap, and if you already live in million + home, is it worth it?
I'd talk, but I can't keep a secret ever!

Wait, what?? IN RP? OH but you are assuming the perp is living in RP, heck no, they'd say Pssssh...........but sills did say something about possibly getting the reward raised, organized aint talking unless someone just overheard but thugs might, I dont think it's thugs, but Sills can try and see what happens once raising Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l