GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm living in the town that hosted that little horse race earlier this month ;) I have family in Paducah, too tho.

hahahaha:floorlaugh:

I was thinking how the hell would I know about a little horse race

WHEW, good times, I gotcha

My sister lived there a few years back, for a 3 years, she loved it there

The Derby is one fat party.

IMO... heaven is sunny spring mornings at any of the horse farms in the Lexington/Versailles area seeing the foals and their moms grazing.

Or, far atop a mountain in the eastern part of the state.

Come visit any time!

Do you hear me knocking on your door yet? :seeya:
I have 3 and bred 2 mares that will foal March 2015. I can still see Lexington/Versailles in my minds eye from 1985. Pure heaven.

Will you please post a link showing where he said "Russ wasn't murdered in the garage but was brought there afterwards."

I thought Sheriff Sills said he wasn't sure if the garage was the place where Mr. D was murdered

Russell Dermond, 88, almost certainly was murdered somewhere other than the garage, Sills said Monday – which he had suggested earlier.

The amount and pattern of blood in the garage suggested the corpse was brought to the house, Sills said.

http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/article_58fc8010-db9a-11e3-990e-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=jqm

I do too, at NIGHT, I just dont' see that happening in the day

I have a place on sinclair, you see everything on the dock, but not at night

Lights off, no moon, it's dark

I know here at night we often hear "hoots" from partiers on the lake at night. Occasionally if the wind is blowing right we can hear music from House Boats anchored for the night...
For the most part just crickets....
REALLY REALLY LOUD CRICKETS!
We are not on the lake, there is 500 yards of Corps land between my yard and the lake.
We can never see anything, but during the day our part of the lake is pretty active. DNR has a huge air boat. We always hear them!
I think it also rained the night of the 2nd? That would keep some out of the water...
moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I think he is correct somebody knows about this. I think somebody other than the killer/killers. That particular person will be better off telling police now than being charged with a crime themselves later on!

I agree. I read an earlier article where LE stated that this was likely done by multiple people, not just one. I don't see how multiple people could keep something like this completely to themselves.

Someone has to know something. Maybe they aren't talking out of fear? Afraid they will become a target?

Sheriff: ‘Brutal savage’ probably targeted elderly Lake Oconee couple

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/22/3111303/sheriff-brutal-savage-probably.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

extortion

"we will kill you if you dont' tell us about so-n-so................"

They didnt' talk???

Dermonds “were probably targeted because of something that they had or something people thought they had. ... Or some sort of extortion that didn’t go through.”

{on the morning of May 6 when concerned neighbors went to his house{

Sills knows a fruitful tip could crack the case, so he is working to secure more reward money

it was apparent the culprit at least tried to conceal the deaths “and buy time.” ( SO NOT broad DAYLIGHT??)

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/05/22/311...probably.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

BBM, now that I might buy , errrr, sell, whatever.......anyway, people usually are in it for financial gain so this is a bit off it seems but if this was the possible reason, why not others?

but I do believe they came prepared, that rules out thugs IMO

can you expound please on your financial loss view ? :blushing:

THANKS

It is not totally formulated yet, but here goes and I am just throwing hypotheses out there.

What is the best way to drive home prices down: Crime. Area has million dollar homes; exclusive; gated. Reynolds Plantation was bankrupt prior to the sale to MetLife. The 3600 Residents would not agree to buy Reynolds Plantation for 20K a piece, so the developer had to find outside funds. Residents: 80% voted against, 20% for the assessment.

Retribution for the vote and development takeover by MetLife. How is MetLife going to build and sell houses, create shopping centers, drive new money into this area now? Just a thought.

I know here at night we often hear "hoots" from partiers on the lake at night. Occasionally if the wind is blowing right we can hear music from House Boats anchored for the night...
For the most part just crickets....
REALLY REALLY LOUD CRICKETS!
We are not on the lake, there is 500 yards of Corps land between my yard and the lake.
We can never see anything, but during the day our part of the lake is pretty active. DNR has a huge air boat. We always hear them!
I think it also rained the night of the 2nd? That would keep some out of the water...
moo

thats the way it on our side

I do think the Dermonds and neighboring docks were futher apart than ours
but being on that hill they seem sortof exposed

The trees in the pics from ABOVE are a little diffent than what the lot looks like, more covered from above than seeing around a few trunks on the ground, either way, trees between them or not, they seem so EXPOSED, if neighbors can't see, boats may come up or very certainly can SEE the dock are IMO

amazing what you can hear on the lake from that far away

For today I think it was not daytime the body was dragged or carried to the dock/boat

Moo.
Mr. Dermond's body had to be left as proof of his death?
Perp has already planned on going after the estate and thought since Mr.D earned the income a "missing" wife would have no rights to the money anyway?

I'm really reaching!

Moo.
Mr. Dermond's body had to be left as proof of his death?
Perp has already planned on going after the estate and thought since Mr.D earned the income a "missing" wife would have no rights to the money anyway?

I'm really reaching!

I am reaching too! This crime does not make sense with the little info we have been given. JMO

ETA: It would be helpful if the FBI and Sheriff's office would share their files with us.

Does Lake Oconee usually have DNR doing their rounds on the lake every day? I guess with the advent of cameras and" big brother" it seems like they are always right there to nab someone for breaking the rules.They absolutely drive people nuts at the campgrounds. (I won't camp anymore. They lock you in at 11:00pm. No one is allowed to leave unless it's in an ambulance or a patrol car- or someone comes to gate to get you. Nope! Don't lock me in anywhere-)
At least from the neighbors stories... I haven't been out in 10 years I guess.
No way anyone would risk a body in the boat during daylight. Maybe at night...
I wonder how familiar perps were with patrols on the lake, like what time they hit the water etc..
Moo

It is not totally formulated yet, but here goes and I am just throwing hypotheses out there.

What is the best way to drive home prices down: Crime. Area has million dollar homes; exclusive; gated. Reynolds Plantation was bankrupt prior to the sale to MetLife. The 3600 Residents would not agree to buy Reynolds Plantation for 20K a piece, so the developer had to find outside funds. Residents: 80% voted against, 20% for the assessment.

Retribution for the vote and development takeover by MetLife. How is MetLife going to build and sell houses, create shopping centers, drive new money into this area now? Just a thought.

I get the crime and property value part

I need to concentrate on the RP bankruptcy

SO RP was tyring to prevent bankruptcy by selling each resident RP at $20K a piece.....

WHo was going to maintain it all then if there was no HOA funds?

Okay, so it was voted out by residents.

RP bankrupts. Wait, FILED bankruptcy? Or do you mean, were simply out of funds? If you bankrupt or if foreclosed (by whom) you can't sell unless it's a short sale/ bank pre approved

Ok I'm going with RP had no funds bankrupt and then sold to Metlife.

(or did metlife takeover?)

WHY then did RP need to sell to residents? or was this tried prior to the sale to Metlife

RP is pissed they had to sell?

So now metlife new owner, RP was the developer

Rsomeone kills dermonds to drive prices downP so metlife can't..........what? maintain the common grounds?

I'm clearly missing SOMETHING LOL

Ok, metlife tookover, if their was a bankrupcy deficiency, Metlife would attach to more or RP property or try to attach other properties owned by RP even in another LLC if same owners

SO now metlife can't develop etc etc

How does that HELP RP? buy it back? Under another LLC? because I doubt they'd work with RP now after bankruptcy

HMMMMMM, not sure if I followed you or made up my own scenario LOL

SINISTER !!!!!! well a decapitation would keep me from buying there

for now, a few years from now, sadly, it won't be top news but ,..by then, Metlife will be bankrupt LOL

I'll ask my cousin, she's a commercial RE professional!

Does Lake Oconee usually have DNR doing their rounds on the lake every day? I guess with the advent of cameras and" big brother" it seems like they are always right there to nab someone for breaking the rules.They absolutely drive people nuts at the campgrounds. (I won't camp anymore. They lock you in at 11:00pm. No one is allowed to leave unless it's in an ambulance or a patrol car- or someone comes to gate to get you. Nope! Don't lock me in anywhere-)
At least from the neighbors stories... I haven't been out in 10 years I guess.
No way anyone would risk a body in the boat during daylight. Maybe at night...
I wonder how familiar perps were with patrols on the lake, like what time they hit the water etc..
Moo

Yes...those that know the lake imho know the hours of DNR patrol . We do. But ...Especially those that do not want to be cited for infractions . DNR hours are well known to those *Atthelake*

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I get the crime and property value part

I need to concentrate on the RP bankruptcy

SO RP was tyring to prevent bankruptcy by selling each resident RP at $20K a piece.....

WHo was going to maintain it all then if there was no HOA funds?

Okay, so it was voted out by residents.

RP bankrupts. Wait, FILED bankruptcy? Or do you mean, were simply out of funds? If you bankrupt or if foreclosed (by whom) you can't sell unless it's a short sale/ bank pre approved

Ok I'm going with RP had no funds bankrupt and then sold to Metlife.

(or did metlife takeover?)

WHY then did RP need to sell to residents? or was this tried prior to the sale to Metlife

RP is pissed they had to sell?

So now metlife new owner, RP was the developer

Rsomeone kills dermonds to drive prices downP so metlife can't..........what? maintain the common grounds?

I'm clearly missing SOMETHING LOL

Ok, metlife tookover, if their was a bankrupcy deficiency, Metlife would attach to more or RP property or try to attach other properties owned by RP even in another LLC if same owners

SO now metlife can't develop etc etc

How does that HELP RP? buy it back? Under another LLC? because I doubt they'd work with RP now after bankruptcy

HMMMMMM, not sure if I followed you or made up my own scenario LOL

SINISTER !!!!!! well a decapitation would keep me from buying there

for now, a few years from now, sadly, it won't be top news but ,..by then, Metlife will be bankrupt LOL

I'll ask my cousin, she's a commercial RE professional!
Other than one of the Dermonds threatening to expose and whistle blow on a quartet of corrupt gated community take over/owners for misappropriation of funds...
I can see them at their age refusing to fall for any bull malarkey and calling a joker a joker.
Wouldn't Sills know this?
Moo

Yes...those that know the lake imho know the hours of DNR patrol . We do. But ...Especially those that do not want to be cited for infractions . DNR hours are well known to those *Atthelake*

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Don't get me wrong. They do a great job any keep everyone in line, just at my age I don't care to be "policed" anymore. It gets old pulling out the life jackets for yet another count!
Moo

Don't get me wrong. They do a great job any keep everyone in line, just at my age I don't care to be "policed" anymore. It gets old pulling out the life jackets for yet another count!

Can we assume this happened during the time DNR is off the lake? It narrows the window a little....

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members