GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought of at too, but would they have come prepared to decap and take off in a boat? IDK ! :tantrum:

Yeah, I hear you. Beyond frustrating.

Sorry if I missed this, but was an autopsy report released with details on Mrs. D? Other than blunt force, were there ligature marks on her wrists, or bruising that occurred prior to death? Wondering if she was walked down to the water, or carried, dragged, etc.

Do we know if they tested the water near the dock for blood or other evidence that would confirm that the dock was where one or both were killed? Soil samples from around the dock?

I'll skim back through the threads, but I don't recall seeing any discussion about church affiliations. Might that be a possible angle?

was there a safe, I haven't caught up reading yet

But if they THOUGHT they had money and found out otherwise, wouldn't there have been chaos and some sign of SOMEthing before they killed them because they were pissed and also becuase they had to kill the "witnesses"

I mean I can just see chaos ensuing and screaming and uncertainty their plan failed and end up leaving a mess, it was too neat for chaos to have ocurred or for kids on drugs

they aren't going to clean, they'd be freaked out if the plan failed or the kids on drugs just dont' care

I agree that kids don't clean but I have never seen where Sills believes the house was cleaned by the perp or perps who killed them. I think when he said it was immaculate meaning that nothing was out of place or disturbed in the home. It was still neat and tidy like Shirley kept it, imo.

I don't think the house was the murder scene and I don't think the perps ever even entered inside the home. Imo, they just brought Russ' head back to the garage and left and went on to take Shirley's body and Russ' head to where she was found.

Since the home is not the original murder scene that is why I believe the original murder scene is in someone else's home very close by the Dermond home.

there's about 14 hours of daylight, so up to 7 or 8, it's daylight

since no one saw or heard anything suspicious and they had to drag a body down to the dock

it probably STARTED at daylight when the perps first arrived, as the alarm wouldn't be on yet possibly

or if they knew them, they'd have tripped the alarm to answer the door, just at or AFTER dark

but the discarding body part happened at night, it had to to make the getaway without being noticed

who's going to drag a body down to the dock in broad daylight

people working in their yards or fishing or cleaning something outside or their boat etc

If you check the tax assessor page, you will notice all the lots close to the Dermond's house do NOT have homes built on them yet. I think there are possibly 3 houses that have a partial view of the Dermond's house.

Hello! I have had to go back and read your threads because I can't follow them as they happen. Something that was posted earlier this afternoon closed this thread for a bit, and caused the TOS to be posted and then the thread reopened.

Anyway, you cannot post about alligators- that was ridiculous anyway, firstly. Secondly, there has been some shift in thought regarding a boat being involved vs a truck/4WD, or both, maybe a walk on crime with either vessel stashed as the escape.

I still feel this was a crime based on irrational anger. Whether it was the Ds shooing someone(s) off their property or someone close by them who had a grudge and went to the scene for revenge.

Btw, there is NOTHING about this crime that suggests a financial gain for the attackers, but perhaps financial loss as a motive.

I agree that kids don't clean but I have never seen where Sills believes the house was cleaned by the perp or perps who killed them. I think when he said it was immaculate that nothing was out of place or disturbed in the home. It was still neat and tidy like Shirley kept it, imo.

I don't think the house was the murder scene and I don't think the perps ever even entered inside the home. Imo, they just brought Russ' head back to the garage and left and went on to take Shirley's body and Russ' head to where she was found.

Since the home is not the original murder scene that is why I believe the original murder scene is in someone else's home very close by the Dermond home.

I dont' remember hearing that, (someone elses home)
very possible, but the one I suspected is actually occupado

Has it been confirmed the home was not the actual murder scene?! WHOA, didnt' know

And not cleaning but also not making a mess, either way druggee kids in MO aren't going to worry about either,

but RD was found in his garage and the front door was unlocked

I see him opening it and caught off guard, I dont see anyone dragging bodies down the road either

That would also involve cars if happening at another house in the area (or out/and the gate), back and forth to his house then down to the dock

Seems too much happening, I don't see this as a social call, taking your time, running hear and there, I just dont' get it

JMO FOR NOW anyway :giggle:

I agree that kids don't clean but I have never seen where Sills believes the house was cleaned by the perp or perps who killed them. I think when he said it was immaculate that nothing was out of place or disturbed in the home. It was still neat and tidy like Shirley kept it, imo.

Respectfully BBM

What's the perp/s motive, Ocean?

Someone's (one of the perps) home=murder scene---returning Mr. D's body to garage; Mrs. D's body to the lake...I follow not wanting to leave evidence, getting caught (murder committed away from property), etc. but what's the motive for double murder w/decapitation that would entail soo much "work," transport, travel?

I wonder if any valuables were taken? Has that already been discussed?

None known or apparent

nothing that would ordinarily be taken like electronics, etc, was still there

If you check the tax assessor page, you will notice all the lots close to the Dermond's house do NOT have homes built on them yet. I think there are possibly 3 houses that have a partial view of the Dermond's house.

I think quite a bit could occur between the Dermond home and their dock without anyone witnessing anything... assuming, of course, there wasn't a loud commotion.

I dont' remember hearing that, (someone elses home)
very possible, but the one I suspected is actually occupado

Has it been confirmed the home was not the actual murder scene?! WHOA, didnt' know

And not cleaning but also not making a mess, either way druggee kids in MO aren't going to worry about either,

but RD was found in his garage and the front door was unlocked

I see him opening it and caught off guard, I dont see anyone dragging bodies down the road either

That would also involve cars if happening at another house in the area (or out/and the gate), back and forth to his house then down to the dock

Seems too much happening, I don't see this as a social call, taking your time, running hear and there, I just dont' get it

JMO FOR NOW anyway :giggle:

Silly TomKat........you haven't heard that another home was the original crime scene because that is my opinion. I said 'I think" someone else's home is the murder scene:floorlaugh:

I think if they had been killed at home we would know that by now. He even said Russ wasn't murdered in the garage but was brought there afterwards.

ITA! Do you notice how often Sills says 'may have been' 'it might have been' 'it could have been.' He knows the murderer is watching everything he is saying. So when he uses these wishy washy evasive terms he isn't really lying..........he is just spinning what he is saying. Now he is saying 'it MAY NOT be a local. wink-wink lol I guess he forgot that he just said that some of the evidence led him to believe the murderer had at least a minimal acquaintance with the victims. :) Sills is probably bone tired by now and cant keep up with what all he has said prior.

He doesn't want the murderer to know he even has a clue what happened and is trying to convey to him he doesn't even know how many were involved. He is playing the dumb cop routine now, imo. LOL!

Sometimes I think he is egging the murderer on playing head games with him. It reminds me of Chief Moose when we thought he was talking to the public in all the PCs he did but he was speaking directly to the sniper the entire time.

I think Sills thinks if he can piss him off highly enough when he doesn't like that Sills is putting out the wrong information, that he will try to make contact, either with a reporter or call the tip line anonymously.

IMO

I'm sure they know the perp(S) are watching, they are probably glued to the news and the internet

I hope and pray to God Sills is PLAYING dumb cop, I hadn't heard he'd said MAY NOT BE a LOCAL, I must have missed an article somewhere, GRRR

He really seems to be a straight shooter to me

JMO

Ha! Shows me to post a thought before going back and reading today's posts. You all had mentioned the prescription drug angle on many posts. Sorry about that!!! Was afraid I would forget my thought if I went reading first. Jokes on me. Lesson learned!!

I think quite a bit could occur between the Dermond home and their dock without anyone witnessing anything... assuming, of course, there wasn't a loud commotion.

I do too, at NIGHT, I just dont' see that happening in the day

I have a place on sinclair, you see everything on the dock, but not at night

Lights off, no moon, it's dark

Silly TomKat........you haven't heard that another home was the original crime scene because that is my opinion. I said 'I think" someone else's home is the murder scene:floorlaugh:

I think if they had been killed at home we would know that by now. He even said Russ wasn't murdered in the garage but was brought there afterwards.

Will you please post a link showing where he said "Russ wasn't murdered in the garage but was brought there afterwards."

I thought Sheriff Sills said he wasn't sure if the garage was the place where Mr. D was murdered

Aw Silly me :floorlaugh: dang I read it twice to be sure

Anyway, he did say brought there, but from where ? does that mean an hour away, from next door, or from outside, How would anyone have enough info this early when he has nothing else, to know how far they'd been brought in from, at first article, it said the body was moved a few feeeet

IDK, just posting MO,

I, too, have been quite happily surprised by Sills release of info regarding this case, and feel that he may be on the trail to solving this relatively quickly. Once he does, could you kind Georgia folks please send him on a field trip to Kentucky as we could certainly use his help.

It's been a month since mother and daughter were murdered in their own home:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242249&highlight=Netherland

Someone took care to NOT damage the home, NOT leave a blood crime scene in the home, IMO, maybe to protect the value of the home???? If so, why??? Would a random perp care if home was destroyed, or a bloody scene was left?? Other than the possibility of leaving their own blood mixed with the Dermonds, or other DNA....then why would the perp care?? If the Dermonds were taken while away from their home, then why would the perp bring Mr. Dermond's body back to the home, and put Mrs. Dermond in the lake? IMO, IF they were abducted somewhere else, wouldn't the perp have left their bodies somewhere else?? Risky bringing a dead body back to the house, or even transporting a dead body, IMO. What if a break light was out and the police pulled you over? Or you went over the speed limit? Or a random traffic stop where they look at everyone's license and insurance??

Those things make me think the Dermonds were murdered near their own home. Either in the garage, right outside the garage, the woods near their home, etc. But even in the woods, why move the bodies??? That's bugging me!!

Why was Mr. Dermond's body left in the garage, and Mrs. Dermond put in the lake?? Why not both left in the garage, or both in the lake?? It does seem like there were several perps, and one set did things their way, and the other set did it their way. Even if two perps, couldn't they agree on where to leave the bodies?? What was the purpose of the bodies being left in different places? There has to be a reason!!!

Respectfully BBM

What's the perp/s motive, Ocean?

Someone's (one of the perps) home=murder scene---returning Mr. D's body to garage; Mrs. D's body to the lake...I follow not wanting to leave evidence, getting caught (murder committed away from property), etc. but what's the motive for double murder w/decapitation that would entail soo much "work," transport, travel?

Oh gosh epiphany, I have already stated previously that I think S&R went to someone's home they knew in the evening of May 2nd and something started a very heated argument that rose to a murderous rage. The motive was whatever the disagreement was about, imo.

I think whoever did this had blind rage at the time and picked up something close by from their own home and hit Russ over the head with it. I think that is why he cut the head off because the weapon is unique and not everyone has one. He has to murder Shirley because she witnessed it all and she knows him and would tell the cops in a NY minute.

I don't even think he cut the head of because of rage. I think he did it because he felt it was necessary to hide the evidence of the weapon that was used to kill him.

I don't think he cut Russ' head off in front of Shirley either. I think he did all of this after he had murdered them both. I think he did all of the cutting off the head and disposal in the middle of the night when it was dark and he knew all the lights were out in the neighborhood around him.

I must leave all of you fine people now. I am schedule to have four impacted nerves burned around my thoracic spine in the morning at 10am. I will see yall later. Take care everyone and goodnight!:seeya:

I've reached my quota of providing links for the week. I thought Sills indicated that Mr. D was moved only a short ?? what distance ?? implying his murder could have occurred on the outside property, in the garage itself.

They don't have a murder scene yet? I'm not sure where on the property, but I believe it was on their property.

Well, what's this now (BBM):

“There is no doubt about that now,” he said Tuesday night. “It doesn’t mean that there couldn’t have been one (person) in a car and one in a boat. The only other possibility is that she was picked up elsewhere” before she was killed, he said.

http://m.msgr.com/news/crime/article_1a885b74-e12b-11e3-99d6-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

I think we're done with factual info from the Sheriff now. Surprised we rec'd as much as we did. Like you and others stated in posts upstream, he's (Sheriff) playing with the perps now! 3 or 4 perps today? Not buyin' it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l