GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, what I mean is a NEARBY neighbor or a bridge friend or a golf buddy, I dont' need their name for sure :floorlaugh:

There were neighbors mentioned in MSM and Shirley's bridge friends and church members, but were there any golf buddies mentioned TK?

BTW, do you golf?

In a community built around a country club/golf club the neighbors have a central building to gather for lunch, dinner, golf, drinks, play cards, etc. I would guess Mr. D had a group he used to play golf with and still met them at the clubhouse. I would bet he shared the information about the credit card theft with his friends there. Word travels fast!

Yep, I'm sure the whole community knew too very quickly. I mean warn your friends so they won't be victims either.

BBM, You jigged a thought out of my head. There is a segment of our society that thinks the wealthy keep all their money in a safe at home. Another thought I've had. Someone could have thought elderly=prescription drugs.

OMG, true that, and they'd kill for it esp if high

I can NOT get past this ONE THING

IT was tooo dang clean, kids on drugs or getting drugs are NOT going to clean the house and I would be certain, they'd trash the place

I don't think it was kids at all, as soon as I posted my last post, I thought about that,

I keep going back to some business deal and it's adult and P.O.'d

but somebody WANTED them Dead, I do not think this was a sudden attack, I just can't get anything else to settle in my mind,

the reason it makes no sense is because it wasn't anything ordinary !???

Just occurred to me...was there a firearm in the home?

I haven't stumbled upon any reference or questioning by reporters about that. Surprised now that I'm thinking about it.

IF so, wonder if it is missing and that info is being withheld from the public. IF so, wonder if it was quickly snatched and used on Mr. D (decap>Sills' removed evidence theory).

BBM, You jigged a thought out of my head. There is a segment of our society that thinks the wealthy keep all their money in a safe at home. Another thought I've had. Someone could have thought elderly=prescription drugs.

OMG, true that, and they'd kill for it esp if high

I can NOT get past this ONE THING

IT was tooo dang clean, kids on drugs or getting drugs are NOT going to clean the house and I would be certain, they'd trash the place

I don't think it was kids at all, as soon as I posted my last post, I thought about that,

I keep going back to some business deal and it's adult and P.O.'d

but somebody WANTED them Dead, I do not think this was a sudden attack, I just can't get anything else to settle in my mind,

the reason it makes no sense is because it wasn't anything ordinary !???

could depend on the age of "kids"

1.Maybe the Ds didn't like answering machines. Maybe people, including their children,always left them messages, and they never or rarely checked the machine. So if people/neighbors left messages they weren't expecting a prompt reply.
My mama NEVER checked her machine. I'd go to her house and there would be 20+ messages unplayed!Now If she doesn't answer I just "dial up" the cameras in her condo. Allows me to sleep at night.

2.And I did some research on cell tower pings. LE can request a "cell tower dump" with a warrant or subpoena. Happens all the time by LE, so that should tighten the...Cell tower data dump and the hard drive data - can be synced by time stamps I think.

Richard Elliott on WSB now.

I don't know what type of security alarm system they had but if they have one like we do that can at least narrow it down to the date it happened. In fact with our alarm company I can log on line to their site at anytime and get a full history activity going all the way back to the time we purchased our alarm system a couple of years ago.

If, like their son said, and they were religious about setting their alarm at night LE can ask for a data log from the security provider and they can see a complete listing including dates, activations/deactivations times down to the second.

For example: I think it was activated on the night of May 1st but was not activated the next night on the May 2nd. If the log shows they consistently armed the alarm every night then the first night it was not activated makes them know it happened on that date before the Dermonds had a chance to arm their system for the night. IMO

Since the children said they believe this happened during the day it seems they think that way because they know their mom and dad set the alarm at night as they slept. They probably didn't set it during the day because they felt they lived in a very safe non-violent neighborhood.

So I think by now LE knows a lot more than they are letting on.

IMO

I wonder if the Dermonds had recently sold something, or had someone stop by to look at something. An interaction just long enough for someone to see their age and their wealth.

Just trying to think through other possibilities that might lure me away from my suspicions that it has something to do with their kids -- not the kids themselves, but an angry business associate, ex-spouse, ex-employee.

Yes, more likely right by the garage or in the garage. By the dock would have been too risky. Voices carry well over the water and could have attracted attention very easily. It had to be closer to the front of the house - was more isolated - I believe.

where was the garden hose, I was being sarcastic earlier when I mentioned it happened by the garage and they used the garden hose to clean up, BUT..............

OR IT RAINED

but they didnt' haul his body for fear of getting blood in the car if by car

a head can be bagged

dock too open even if in a cove, you dont' know who will pull up fishing in a cove

maybe in the house but that would indicate someone not on drugs concerned about being caught so they cleaned

I think outside near garage too bootscrtr

So, if she was on the top floor, and I suspect she was, she would need
to be carried down the stairs and then out back. If their front door is like mine
it can only be locked from inside. The perps made a big mistake by not locking
that front door. It may have delayed discovery for a few more days.
But...if they left via the front door, they wouldn't be able to lock the front door.
Just thinking aloud.

somebody posted there was an entrance to the garage besides the garage door which is usually the case in larger homes anyway

The perp possibly left by that door and down to the dock

I started to think that maybe some kids were partying on the shores of the empty lots next door and the Dermonds complained or got them in trouble. I don't know.

But they knew there was cash somewhere. I believe they knew there was a safe.

was there a safe, I haven't caught up reading yet

But if they THOUGHT they had money and found out otherwise, wouldn't there have been chaos and some sign of SOMEthing before they killed them because they were pissed and also becuase they had to kill the "witnesses"

I mean I can just see chaos ensuing and screaming and uncertainty their plan failed and end up leaving a mess, it was too neat for chaos to have ocurred or for kids on drugs

they aren't going to clean, they'd be freaked out if the plan failed or the kids on drugs just dont' care

I wonder if the Dermonds had recently sold something, or had someone stop by to look at something. An interaction just long enough for someone to see their age and their wealth.

Just trying to think through other possibilities that might lure me away from my suspicions that it has something to do with their kids -- not the kids themselves, but an angry business associate, ex-spouse, ex-employee.

I thought of at too, but would they have come prepared to decap and take off in a boat? IDK ! :tantrum:

In Eatonton there are a lot of people living out in the middle of nowhere. If you wanted to kill some elderly people for drugs, you wouldn't have to risk the whole gated community thing.

I don't know what type of security alarm system they had but if they have one like we do that can at least narrow it down to the date it happened. In fact with our alarm company I can log on line to their site at anytime and get a full history activity going all the way back to the time we purchased our alarm system a couple of years ago.

If, like their son said, and they were religious about setting their alarm at night LE can ask for a data log from the security provider and they can see a complete listing including dates, activations/deactivations times down to the second.

For example: I think it was activated on the night of May 1st but was not activated the next night on the May 2nd. If the log shows they consistently armed the alarm every night then the first night it was not activated makes them know it happened on that date before the Dermonds had a chance to arm their system for the night. IMO

Since the children said they believe this happened during the day it seems they think that way because they know their mom and dad set the alarm at night as they slept. They probably didn't set it during the day because they felt they lived in a very safe non-violent neighborhood.

So I think by now LE knows a lot more than they are letting on.

IMO

there's about 14 hours of daylight, so up to 7 or 8, it's daylight

since no one saw or heard anything suspicious and they had to drag a body down to the dock

it probably STARTED at daylight when the perps first arrived, as the alarm wouldn't be on yet possibly

or if they knew them, they'd have tripped the alarm to answer the door, just at or AFTER dark

but the discarding body part happened at night, it had to to make the getaway without being noticed

who's going to drag a body down to the dock in broad daylight

people working in their yards or fishing or cleaning something outside or their boat etc

In Eatonton there are a lot of people living out in the middle of nowhere. If you wanted to kill some elderly people for drugs, you wouldn't have to risk the whole gated community thing.

OH wow,true that, good point

I think he's saying it may not be a local to calm the community. He's saying that so the killers will think he's not on their trail while in the meantime he's having the camera video disc dissected in Quantico, Virginia with high-tech equipment. Kind of a contradiction on saying he hasn't ruled out the family, but believes the 3 children have nothing to do with it. I think he's buying time. Letting the killers cool their heels while he waits on evidence that will prove poof-positive who committed this unfathomable murder. I hope it's soon. I lay down after work, fell asleep and had the most horrible dream. I hate dreams where I'm being chased. . .

ITA! Do you notice how often Sills says 'may have been' 'it might have been' 'it could have been.' He knows the murderer is watching everything he is saying. So when he uses these wishy washy evasive terms he isn't really lying..........he is just spinning what he is saying. Now he is saying 'it MAY NOT be a local. wink-wink lol I guess he forgot that he just said that some of the evidence led him to believe the murderer had at least a minimal acquaintance with the victims. :) Sills is probably bone tired by now and cant keep up with what all he has said prior.

He doesn't want the murderer to know he even has a clue what happened and is trying to convey to him he doesn't even know how many were involved. He is playing the dumb cop routine now, imo. LOL!

Sometimes I think he is egging the murderer on playing head games with him. It reminds me of Chief Moose when we thought he was talking to the public in all the PCs he did but he was speaking directly to the sniper the entire time.

I think Sills thinks if he can piss him off highly enough when he doesn't like that Sills is putting out the wrong information, that he will try to make contact, either with a reporter or call the tip line anonymously.

IMO

Just occurred to me...was there a firearm in the home?

I haven't stumbled upon any reference or questioning by reporters about that. Surprised now that I'm thinking about it.

IF so, wonder if it is missing and that info is being withheld from the public. IF so, wonder if it was quickly snatched and used on Mr. D (decap>Sills' removed evidence theory).
Why decapitate him though, if they used his weapon? The ballistics would come back to his weapon and not necessarily point to a specific perp(s).

Excellent question though. I don't think I have ever seen that one asked. :)

could depend on the age of "kids"

okay, gotcha

I'm thinking upper teens lower twenties

kids to me LOL ANDDDD

if ON drugs it doesnt' matter AND if in dire NEED of drugs, either way, they ain't cleanin' or worried about a mess ocurring

Just a thought, Mr. Dermond was the Publix Pharmacy. If either were taking pain meds following the knee surgery, or arthritis, etc., maybe someone knew that, or found out about it. Maybe even someone was at their home and saw them take a pain pill. I guess depending on the med, street value could be high? Or maybe just wanting the med for themselves?

Though I believe it's more than just a med, because IMO, someone could have stolen those while the Dermonds were out of the house. No need to kill them.

<modsnip>

Why decapitate him though, if they used his weapon? The ballistics would come back to his weapon and not necessarily point to a specific perp(s).

Excellent question though. I don't think I have ever seen that one asked. :)

Right, nothing leading them back to the perps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member