GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! Shows me to post a thought before going back and reading today's posts. You all had mentioned the prescription drug angle on many posts. Sorry about that!!! Was afraid I would forget my thought if I went reading first. Jokes on me. Lesson learned!!

NO problem I didn 't catch it, I've done it too fwiw, so hard to keep reading back when evyerone's posting
and if you get up and come back you have to LOG BACK IN

anyone know how I can stay logged in for hours at the time?? LOL

I've reached my quota of providing links for the week. I thought Sills indicated that Mr. D was moved only a short ?? what distance ?? implying his murder could have occurred on the outside property, in the garage itself.

They don't have a murder scene yet? I'm not sure where on the property, but I believe it was on their property.

Well, what's this now (BBM):

“There is no doubt about that now,” he said Tuesday night. “It doesn’t mean that there couldn’t have been one (person) in a car and one in a boat. The only other possibility is that she was picked up elsewhere” before she was killed, he said.

http://m.msgr.com/news/crime/article_1a885b74-e12b-11e3-99d6-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

I think we're done with factual info from the Sheriff now. Surprised we rec'd as much as we did. Like you and others stated in posts upstream, he's (Sheriff) playing with the perps now! 3 or 4 perps today? Not buyin' it!

so are we now eating bologny sandwiches (not bologna willers) lol

I do too, at NIGHT, I just dont' see that happening in the day

I have a place on sinclair, you see everything on the dock, but not at night

Lights off, no moon, it's dark

Even when you see all the trees in these photos, TK??

*My apologies if I've blown the margins to smithereens with these photos*

Attachments

• dermond.jpg
    dermond.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 62
  • dermond2.jpg
    dermond2.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 67
I do too, at NIGHT, I just dont' see that happening in the day

I have a place on sinclair, you see everything on the dock, but not at night

Lights off, no moon, it's dark

Speaking of the moon, here is an interesting chart of the phases of the moon in 2014. He/they seemed to pick one of the darkest nights possible. Was that a fluke or was that date strategically chosen to murder the Dermonds? If this were a spur of the moment killing, then they were lucky there was no full moon. Or, was the date and the darkness carefully planned.

http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2014/may

I, too, have been quite happily surprised by Sills release of info regarding this case, and feel that he may be on the trail to solving this relatively quickly. Once he does, could you kind Georgia folks please send him on a field trip to Kentucky as we could certainly use his help.

It's been a month since mother and daughter were murdered in their own home:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242249&highlight=Netherland

are you near paducah, I have family there and been hearing about the latest bank robbery where 2 were cut throat and 2/3 died,

Speaking of the moon, here is an interesting chart of the phases of the moon in 2014. He/they seemed to pick one of the darkest nights possible. Was that a fluke or was that date strategically chosen to murder the Dermonds? If this were a spur of the moment killing, then they were lucky there was no full moon. Or, was the date and the darkness carefully planned.

http://www.calendar-12.com/moon_calendar/2014/may

Yeah I'm with you on that one......was it a toss up??? I dont' think but who knows, sure as hell would be LUCKY TIMING, no..... fisherman know these things or even boaters !

Even when you see all the trees in these photos, TK??

*My apologies if I've blown the margins to smithereens with these photos*

I'm sorry, on this date, I'm not buying it, why did they pick a waxing moon night? dark as dung

Of course these are MOO ! I'm not a killer but do we think they'd want to be caught redhanded? NO, they'd have stayed and waited til someone arrived

pictures don't always speak a thousand words, one pic on the news was bright sunny and it seemed so open

Im just sayin!

are you near paducah, I have family there and been hearing about the latest bank robbery where 2 were cut throat and 2/3 died,

No, I'm living in the town that hosted that little horse race earlier this month ;) I have family in Paducah, too tho.

Hello! I have had to go back and read your threads because I can't follow them as they happen. Something that was posted earlier this afternoon closed this thread for a bit, and caused the TOS to be posted and then the thread reopened.

Anyway, you cannot post about alligators- that was ridiculous anyway, firstly. Secondly, there has been some shift in thought regarding a boat being involved vs a truck/4WD, or both, maybe a walk on crime with either vessel stashed as the escape.

I still feel this was a crime based on irrational anger. Whether it was the Ds shooing someone(s) off their property or someone close by them who had a grudge and went to the scene for revenge.

Btw, there is NOTHING about this crime that suggests a financial gain for the attackers, but perhaps financial loss as a motive.

ITA. To decapitate a human being takes moxy; perhaps they were familiar with hunting or were mercenaries/paramilitary. I agree too about the financial loss aspect. Nothing drives house prices down like murder. Whoever did this knew what they were doing, came prepared and surgically carried this out it seems.

I wondered if the ambush on RD took place in the garage or driveway. SD may have heard the noise and come out to investigate and was killed or vice versa. JMV

I'm sorry, on this date, I'm not buying it, why did they pick a waxing moon night? dark as dung

Of course these are MOO ! I'm not a killer but do we think they'd want to be caught redhanded? NO, they'd have stayed and waited til someone arrived

pictures don't always speak a thousand words, one pic on the news was bright sunny and it seemed so open

Im just sayin!

That's why we're here... just saying our say :D

I was just trying to coerce you into seeing it my way, lol

OT: Georgia folks, do you know what the tox screen showed for the 2 young men (Mason Cox and his friend) that drowned in January? I have been thinking about their families a lot.

No, I'm living in the town that hosted that little horse race earlier this month ;) I have family in Paducah, too tho.

OMG, you live in heaven. The Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list. You are so lucky! :seeya:

Someone took care to NOT damage the home, NOT leave a blood crime scene in the home, IMO, maybe to protect the value of the home???? If so, why??? Would a random perp care if home was destroyed, or a bloody scene was left?? Other than the possibility of leaving their own blood mixed with the Dermonds, or other DNA....then why would the perp care?? If the Dermonds were taken while away from their home, then why would the perp bring Mr. Dermond's body back to the home, and put Mrs. Dermond in the lake? IMO, IF they were abducted somewhere else, wouldn't the perp have left their bodies somewhere else?? Risky bringing a dead body back to the house, or even transporting a dead body, IMO. What if a break light was out and the police pulled you over? Or you went over the speed limit? Or a random traffic stop where they look at everyone's license and insurance??

Those things make me think the Dermonds were murdered near their own home. Either in the garage, right outside the garage, the woods near their home, etc. But even in the woods, why move the bodies??? That's bugging me!!

Why was Mr. Dermond's body left in the garage, and Mrs. Dermond put in the lake?? Why not both left in the garage, or both in the lake?? It does seem like there were several perps, and one set did things their way, and the other set did it their way. Even if two perps, couldn't they agree on where to leave the bodies?? What was the purpose of the bodies being left in different places? There has to be a reason!!!

NOT STREET THUGS, it's more organized, I just keep thinking, somebody JUST ONLY< wanted them DEAD,

WHY

nothing makes sense except organized crime not necessarily the mob but something a little bigger than street thugs

ITA. To decapitate a human being takes moxy; perhaps they were familiar with hunting or were mercenaries/paramilitary. I agree too about the financial loss aspect. Nothing drives house prices down like murder. Whoever did this knew what they were doing, came prepared and surgically carried this out it seems.

I wondered if the ambush on RD took place in the garage or driveway. SD may have heard the noise and come out to investigate and was killed or vice versa. JMV

Wondering if your use of the word "surgically" is a key word?

OMG, you live in heaven. The Kentucky Derby is on my bucket list. You are so lucky! :seeya:

The Derby is one fat party.

IMO... heaven is sunny spring mornings at any of the horse farms in the Lexington/Versailles area seeing the foals and their moms grazing.

Or, far atop a mountain in the eastern part of the state.

Come visit any time!

ITA. To decapitate a human being takes moxy; perhaps they were familiar with hunting or were mercenaries/paramilitary.''. Nothing drives house prices down like murder. Whoever did this knew what they were doing, came prepared and surgically carried this out it seems.

BBM, now that I might buy , errrr, sell, whatever.......anyway, people usually are in it for financial gain so this is a bit off it seems but if this was the possible reason, why not others?

but I do believe they came prepared, that rules out thugs IMO

can you expound please on your financial loss view ? :blushing:

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads