GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thankful their name was not released to the media for many reasons .

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

well, what I mean is a NEARBY neighbor or a bridge friend or a golf buddy, I dont' need their name for sure :floorlaugh:

Clarification - having seen this picture, after the body was found, my question/ thought was - would it be possible for the perps to have taken Mrs. D. via boat to their home or the trailer at the boat ramp. And at a later date,
driven down to the lake side as the white truck did, use a canoe or kayak to get into this area of the lake where she was dropped? Just a thought.

Not implying she was taken for ill will. Just thinking of the long boat ride in the dark to deposit her and then back to wherever to get the boat out.

YES YES I KNOW :floorlaugh: thanks!

I think it was in reference to the someone being able to drive off road.......................................................................

Just how accurate are these tax sketches?

The reason I ask is that I went to quite a few RP & GW homes and they all had detached garages.

If the Dermonds changed their minds, would someone go back and change the sketch?

Yes the tax assessor does change the sketch if the property changes. Dermonds built the house in the late 90s and if they changed their mind about a garage there would have to be permits from Putnam County to construct a new one. I will stake money the sketch is correct.

Not a cult, but likely 20s to 30s, with the commonality being a Methamphetamine/Molly connection imo..

From past abduction/murder cases where state, local, and federal LE agencies were united in an investigation. Many other undetected crimes and criminals in the communities were revealed.. In the Baton Rouge, LA, DTL; Derrick Todd Lee, serial killer investigation, another unknown active serial killer came to light; Gaddis...

Many unknown crimes, violent criminals, and criminal enterprises, etc., will likely come to light in this case, imo..

How do you reconcile such a high degree of organization involved in this double murder with what is commonly seen in murders in which the perps use or have a meth/molly connection?

The murderers do not appear to have been disorganized individuals. The home, garage and property also indicate the scene was organized. Though Mrs. D's body did eventually surface, removing her from the scene and "placing" her in the lake close to where her body was eventually discovered again indicates organization.

Even the dismemberment, which would be viewed as a gruesome element of a meth/molly connection, was done after death and head removed from the scene.

I'm open, but have difficulty reconciling meth/molly type of perps.

So do you think this all went down in the house?

That is a good possibility. Sheriff Sills comment about an immaculate house could have been directed to the killer/killers meaning...hell yes, we know you cleaned every inch of this house!

No! First time this picture was posted, I commented about seeing a white truck. Dr. Watson responded that he had reviewed the video this still was taken from and saw nothing. He said from checking maps he did not see access to the area on that side of the lake.

No one sees the truck but me!! Believe me, I will never mention it again.

I see it 1&2&3. Second picture - I see a white truck pulled very close to the lake.

Speculating here, but I wonder if any neighbors have teenagers or young adult kids with drug problems, who might have been looking for money and thought they had an easy mark with the Dermonds.

BBM, You jigged a thought out of my head. There is a segment of our society that thinks the wealthy keep all their money in a safe at home. Another thought I've had. Someone could have thought elderly=prescription drugs.

So do you think this all went down in the house?

Yes, more likely right by the garage or in the garage. By the dock would have been too risky. Voices carry well over the water and could have attracted attention very easily. It had to be closer to the front of the house - was more isolated - I believe.

So, if she was on the top floor, and I suspect she was, she would need
to be carried down the stairs and then out back. If their front door is like mine
it can only be locked from inside. The perps made a big mistake by not locking
that front door. It may have delayed discovery for a few more days.
But...if they left via the front door, they wouldn't be able to lock the front door.
Just thinking aloud.

Not necessarily. If they went in looking for an ATM card, they wouldn't have known that the couple didn't have one. Ditto for credit cards, if they had canceled them.

But they knew there was cash somewhere. I believe they knew there was a safe.

BBM ... I don't understand how the neighbors' kids in my example would know that the Dermonds didn't have an ATM card or that they might have cut up their cards, as you speculate. It's not like that's information they'd put in the neighborhood newsletter, imo.

In a community built around a country club/golf club the neighbors have a central building to gather for lunch, dinner, golf, drinks, play cards, etc. I would guess Mr. D had a group he used to play golf with and still met them at the clubhouse. I would bet he shared the information about the credit card theft with his friends there. Word travels fast!

I wonder if any valuables were taken? Has that already been discussed?

BBM ... I don't understand how the neighbors' kids in my example would know that the Dermonds didn't have an ATM card or that they might have cut up their cards, as you speculate. It's not like that's information they'd put in the neighborhood newsletter, imo.

Exactly! So when the perps pushed for the ATM card and pin# Mr. Dermond said "Sorry we don't have an ATM card." That could have really made the perps angry and they didn't believe they killed him. Of course, they could have killed Mrs. Dermond first in an attempt to get a safe combination after Mr. Dermond would not give it up and then even after Mrs. Dermond was killed Mr. Dermond did not care if they killed him or not. His wife was already dead. Thus the drug-fueled perps took out their anger by killing him and leaving him there while they dumped Mrs. Dermond's body, came back and too Mr. Dermond's head because they are just that cruel. Didn't get any money, but by gosh they got something - Mr. Dermond's head.

I would think if that were the case the house would have been in shambles from them looking for money.

Not necessarily if the perps were. . . how did Sheriff Sills say it, at least familiarly acquainted. Did work in the house and knew there was a safe. Didn't steal anything that could be traced. Pawn shops would be calling LE if something brought in at least remotely suspicious they thought could be related to the Dermonds case unless they went out of state to hock it.

Exactly! So when the perps pushed for the ATM card and pin# Mr. Dermond said "Sorry we don't have an ATM card." That could have really made the perps angry and they didn't believe they killed him. Of course, they could have killed Mrs. Dermond first in an attempt to get a safe combination after Mr. Dermond would not give it up and then even after Mrs. Dermond was killed Mr. Dermond did not care if they killed him or not. His wife was already dead. Thus the drug-fueled perps took out their anger by killing him and leaving him there while they dumped Mrs. Dermond's body, came back and too Mr. Dermond's head because they are just that cruel. Didn't get any money, but by gosh they got something - Mr. Dermond's head.

Could be, but Mr. D was a successful business owner. IMO he would have turned over the combination in a minute.

Facing multiple perps>even more reason to turn over the combination. His wife in the home with him>he'd turn it over. He and his wife nearing 90 yo and no match for the perps>yet another reason to turn over the combo.

Snipped for focus:
... what group of adults would even think about bringing this number of individuals together to pull off a double homicide which incl decapitation? ....

.... what group of adults would be that committed to each other to believe absolute silence and trust would be honored? ....

.... a group of younger people might foolishly believe such a code of silence would be honored...
..... more of a chance there was or will be a slip-up.

Adults? Younger ppl? W either group, imo, once one of the perps is questioned, the cat will be out of the bag. The beans will be spilled. No honor among thieves. Or insert cliché of your choice.

Of course assuming one of them is questioned by LE .

FB, Instagram, other social media.
We see ppl of many ages posting vid's of their criminal actions, stupid actions, dangerous actions. And if not posting vid's of the actual crime, they text & IM back and forth about their crime.

Ex: dealer emailing buyer about merchandise avoids drug terms by referring to merchandise quantities as "3 and 1/2 T-shirts." Oh, yeah, legit biz terms, unbreakable code (sarc).

Perps phone each other, leaving digital trails.

If multiple perps were involved, imo, better chance for convictions and a heavy duty sentence against at least one.

JM2cts and I could be wrong. :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members