GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russell hit his head on something that the doc knew could be traced to his boat. May have used a billy club (catfish clubbier) or something on the boat that could be disposed of to silence Shirley.

Then why drag RD up to the garage, headless? :seeya:

(rsbm)

I totally agree. I don't believe it's a fear of a bullet being traced back to killer, I believe the killer used in item very specific that an ME would easily be able to ID (based on impact pattern it left on the head/skull/etc) and in doing so, would be an item that would then alert LE to a particular person or group of persons who would normally used such an item, say, in the course of their job.......or, an item that only a limited # of people would have access to, except perhaps due to the nature of their job. So that causes me to suspect that the killer(s) was some kind of service person........maybe someone who arrived at their home and went to the door wearing (albeit bogus) work clothing, a uniform........something that would increase the likelihood of the Dermonds having no issue opening the door to that person(s). I think, also, that this person was able to lure Mr D out of the home under the guise that there was something on the exterior or the property that he/she wanted to inspect/fix/clean/trim/etc (window washer, clean the gutters, inspect roof, etc). And very possible someone the D's had previous contact/experience with (maybe this killer in the past did work for them but only in an attempt to case the place)........but not 100% did it have to be someone they'd met before................but then again maybe the killer(s) was someone who they'd seen at a neighbor's home doing work for them.

All a killer would have to do is pull up in a van, wear some kind of work clothing....be carrying a clip board or wearing a tool belt.....etc etc.....and lie and say "I was just doing work for your neighbor down the road "so and so" and they mentioned you might need someone to take a look at your "whatchamacallit" and seeing how I'm already out this way there's no charge for me to inspect "x" while I' m already here."

So then...........what kind of tool/implement/object one could use to strike someone in the head to kill them, that would leave a very identifiable imprint in the skull?

IMO

Regular tools are so commonplace. It has to be something very unique setting it apart from the norm.

Maybe something that is very ornate with a lot of engraving or deep heavy scroll work done on it.

JMO

Yaahhh you! I have also involved my honey bunny on my sleuthing adventures. One night while returning from one said excursion, we came upon a roadblock. ID's were checked, questions asked, and we were sent on our merry way. Well, lo and behold, the next day it was reported that the body of Shaniya Davis had been discovered in Sanford. Yep, the same town where we encountered the roadblock.
So glad I'm not the only one! Lol. I don't think my hubs was too thrilled but he did it. Ha! It was creepy riding down that road but I can't let this go. I nearly jumped out of the bed last night when the ice dropped out of the ice maker. :blushing:

(rsbm)

I totally agree. I don't believe it's a fear of a bullet being traced back to killer, I believe the killer used in item very specific that an ME would easily be able to ID (based on impact pattern it left on the head/skull/etc) and in doing so, would be an item that would then alert LE to a particular person or group of persons who would normally used such an item, say, in the course of their job.......or, an item that only a limited # of people would have access to, except perhaps due to the nature of their job. So that causes me to suspect that the killer(s) was some kind of service person........maybe someone who arrived at their home and went to the door wearing (albeit bogus) work clothing, a uniform........something that would increase the likelihood of the Dermonds having no issue opening the door to that person(s). I think, also, that this person was able to lure Mr D out of the home under the guise that there was something on the exterior or the property that he/she wanted to inspect/fix/clean/trim/etc (window washer, clean the gutters, inspect roof, etc). And very possible someone the D's had previous contact/experience with (maybe this killer in the past did work for them but only in an attempt to case the place)........but not 100% did it have to be someone they'd met before................but then again maybe the killer(s) was someone who they'd seen at a neighbor's home doing work for them.

All a killer would have to do is pull up in a van, wear some kind of work clothing....be carrying a clip board or wearing a tool belt.....etc etc.....and lie and say "I was just doing work for your neighbor down the road "so and so" and they mentioned you might need someone to take a look at your "whatchamacallit" and seeing how I'm already out this way there's no charge for me to inspect "x" while I' m already here."

So then...........what kind of tool/implement/object one could use to strike someone in the head to kill them, that would leave a very identifiable imprint in the skull?

IMO

Shoe or boot print?
A ring?

The "dragging number two along" made me LOL as I misread it initially. :seeya:

A lot of people like having Derby parties as they are a fun social function. I would like to go to one! I bet the Dermonds were looking forward to it and that makes me sad to think about.

I applaud your dedication to OTTB rescue. As a lifelong horse lover and owner, I truly appreciate what you are doing. Please know there are a lot of race horse owners that do care and do try and rehome their horses after their run at the track has ended. Having horses is not only expensive, but also a responsibility to do right by them. God Bless you for what you do. :blowkiss:

Wondering if there was betting involved? Guessing Russell make the run to Publix, got some party groceries for Shirley, and perhaps picked up some cash. Even if someone saw him withdraw a good deal of money, unless they knew the Dermonds and where they lived they really couldn't be followed home unless they also lived in Great Waters. I don't think this was robbery but just throwing it out there as another possibility to discount.

And here is a horse farm that makes me happy!! http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/about-us.html

My favorite Thunder Rumble <3 http://www.oldfriendsequine.org/horses/thunder-rumble-631.html

Would any of you who watched the interview with Sills and/or the FBI on HLN mind posting a synopsis? TIA

Also, have there been any pressers with Sills today? Any progress? I am so ready for them to announce arrests to give the Dermond family and the community some peace of mind.

FBI: Dermond murders were 'personal'
I believe this video also has Vinnie Politans phone interview with Sheriff Howard Sills. This immediately follows the FBI agent discussing their roll. But,I caution you to listen very carefully because Sheriff Sills parses his words & you might miss his exact wording in response to Vinnies question.

Link
www.hlntv.com/video/2014/05/23/dermond-murder-mystery-beheading-georgia-lake-oconee

Let's take it a few more steps.....all just a theory, not even an opinion.....boat driver-acquaintance was doctor, probably retired with prior combat medical experience. Had a buzz that early evening, booze, drugs or both, and was out for a spin.

Takes R&S for a friendly ride. Swerves to miss a log and Russell falls, fatally striking his head on something that can be tied to the boat. Captain panics, knowing he will be charged with boating homicide because he's under the influence. Shirley is screaming and he freaks out.

Just the beginning of a theory.

Have to admit, I've thought about some similar scenarios -- not this one exactly, but ones in which the first death was accidental although perhaps negligent.

Then why drag RD up to the garage, headless? :seeya:

Complete distraction. To make everybody think it was mob, cult, crazies. Couldn't get Shirley up, so didn't need to make a statement at that point.

FBI: Dermond murders were 'personal'
I believe this video also has Vinnie Politans phone interview with Sheriff Howard Sills. This immediately follows the FBI agent discussing their roll. But,I caution you to listen very carefully because Sheriff Sills parses his words & you might miss his exact wording in response to Vinnies question.

Link
www.hlntv.com/video/2014/05/23/dermond-murder-mystery-beheading-georgia-lake-oconee

Thank you so much for the link. I now understand what Sills meant by personal as in the Sills were acquainted with their killers, not as in vendetta. HLN Must be reading here!

Sills said they are still interviewing neighbors as a lot of them come there on the weekends and are not full time residents like the Dermonds. The FBI agent said 40 agents were working on the case in different aspects and info had been put into the national database. Criminal behavior profilers worked on a profile of the murderers. Agent declined to go into more specific details of what the FBI was also doing to assist.

The theories of a service man are good, except, LE thinks the person is from within the community. So, it is doubtful a service person could afford to live there. But then again, it could be the owner who makes the initial call, and he most definitively could live within the community.

On another theory mentioned regarding HOA. Mr. D. Is probably the oldest age wise, and may be one of the longest residents. He knows the rules and can quote them verbatim! With the sale of Reynolds Plantation, I can only imagine the difficulties that have arisen. Many members may look to him for his knowledge and guidance. Someone on the board could be very irritated and outraged that Mr. D. has this much influence. Mr.D is on the opposite page of this person - straight to the point and tells it like it is!

Sorry for the length!

Complete distraction. To make everybody think it was mob, cult, crazies. Couldn't get Shirley up, so didn't need to make a statement at that point.

Ok then. RD appeared to be a rather large man. Why would they carry RD up the hill, out of a boat when they could "place" him in the lake too? I agree with the "complete distraction" part of your theory. That was a good point. Aren't you glad I am helping :)

Are you actually a litigator? Very cool if you are.

So glad I'm not the only one! Lol. I don't think my hubs was too thrilled but he did it. Ha! It was creepy riding down that road but I can't let this go. I nearly jumped out of the bed last night when the ice dropped out of the ice maker. :blushing:

I am not entirely sure why, but these murders have made me personally "jumpier" than any other/s I have followed on WS. If I'm outside walking a dog at night, for instance, and something moves in the bushes...yikes! I feel kind of silly.

I wonder if the autopsies will be released?

Don't know if/when -- but I DO know that one thing I'd really like to know is what they were able to tell about the tool/manner of decapitation. As far as I know, all we have about that is a RUMOR -- yet people keep referring to "one cut", "surgical skill", etc. It may not have been like that AT ALL -- some of the other rumors that were floated here have proved false, I think. And a ragged/botched technique might tell a different story altogether.

Don't know if/when -- but I DO know that one thing I'd really like to know is what they were able to tell about the tool/manner of decapitation. As far as I know, all we have about that is a RUMOR -- yet people keep referring to "one cut", "surgical skill", etc. It may not have been like that AT ALL -- some of the other rumors that were floated here have proved false, I think. And a ragged/botched technique might tell a different story altogether.

I doubt the one cut/surgical skill only also. Ragged edge could indicate a chain saw also, not just cutting IYKWIM.

There is another case still open after 2 years in Boston I just saw when referencing new posts. A wealthy Boston real estate attorney and developer and his wife were murdered in 2011 in their home. Their car was taken and then abandoned and set on fire. The Magees murderers are also still out there, so we may be in for a long wait for justice. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNkelly