GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe these gruesome killings have to do with money and sheer greed.

JMO's

Not saying this was the case with the Dermonds, but...when I hear "they had no enemies", I think that is pretty hard to prove. I think it is so important that when anyone has some sort of unrest with someone that you should tell family or a friend because in a case like this, it may turn out to be crucial to a case. The Dermonds may have been the type of people to keep it to themselves not wanting to burden or worry anyone else. While this could have been just a spur of the moment thing, it seems more planned out and premeditated. Maybe they never knew this person/s harbored hatred for them, but if they did, I so wish they would have shared that with someone so that the LE would have a probable suspect. I hope LE does have one.

I do believe this one will be solved. And pretty soon. I think the sheriff is pretty good at playing his cards close to his vest and he measures his words and clarifies when needed but actually reveals very little of how much they have to date.

I think he is doing a good job, too. He is tough, he communicates well, he keeps this story going. I don't know why he shares so many of his theories.... Possibly to stir up the bee's nest and keep the public involved. In other words, well played sir. But, if the killer of the Dermonds monitors the media, which he probably does, the better thing is to appeal to his motive's wrongfulness. And by that I mean, I hope guilt.

My theories have changed as more evidence and facts became available. I think that is probably true of most people, including the LE investigating, KWIM?

My theory has changed too and keeps changing.

I just went and looked in our garage at the tools hanging on the wall. We have a lot of trees in our back yard like the Dermonds. I started eyeing them as potential weapons.

We have an ax, a pick, a hatchett, shovels (dirt), chainsaw, hammers, and various saws for limbs. All could be used as a weapon. I would imagine that the Dermonds probably had some of these same tools for their yard. Even though they may have had a lawn service, they may have hung onto some of these tools in case of a storm etc or an emergency. DH has tools that were his Dad's, from the 50's on and they are heavy and well made as well as newer ones.

So the weapon may have been in the garage and not brought to the scene in a boat as I once thought which might account for why RD body was found in the garage.

I had these questions: What if SD was killed first and RD second and separate from SD? And who would arouse the least suspicion if seen at the house? Who would know what tools were in the garage? Who would have been the least inclined to steal something if nothing was missing and robbery was not the motive? Who would have benefitted from their deaths in some manner? Who might have known if RD had a proclivity of some sort of weapons? TIA

My theory has changed too and keeps changing.

I just went and looked in our garage at the tools hanging on the wall. We have a lot of trees in our back yard like the Dermonds. I started eyeing them as potential weapons.

We have an ax, a pick, a hatchett, shovels (dirt), chainsaw, hammers, and various saws for limbs. All could be used as a weapon. I would imagine that the Dermonds probably had some of these same tools for their yard. Even though they may have had a lawn service, they may have hung onto some of these tools in case of a storm etc or an emergency. DH has tools that were his Dad's, from the 50's on and they are heavy and well made as well as newer ones.

So the weapon may have been in the garage and not brought to the scene in a boat as I once thought which might account for why RD body was found in the garage.

I had these questions: What if SD was killed first and RD second and separate from SD? And who would arouse the least suspicion if seen at the house? Who would know what tools were in the garage? Who would have been the least inclined to steal something if nothing was missing and robbery was not the motive? Who would have benefitted from their deaths in some manner? TIA

To me, that makes sense, in a way. First of all, this was a crime of opportunity, which simply means the perp came across the the situation where the crime happened. In your scenario, there are plenty of possibilities of weapons in the garage. Where was our Mr Dermond found?

I know there is some confusion regarding where Mr D was killed and where his beheading occurred. There was limited blood spatter from the event (*sorry*) in the garage, but apparently there was some. Ok. Given the fact that a dead body is likely to not splatter as much blood as a live one, and that he was dead when he was beheaded, could that mean if there was a little blood splatter, that the initial killing and subsequent beheading occurred in the same location? Just trying to think outside the box.

Whew, catching up and reading a lot of thought provoking theories, questions and ideas. Yall are amazing. Some thoughts that stand out as I read last 10 or so pages.

My general thought is that the condition of house, property and victims provided Law Enforcement (LE) with a wealth of information (re: timing, evidence and possible motive). We are likely to never hear the facts until a trial. The LE public statements very well may be speaking to the perp in a mind game fashion. It is with good reason that LE is holding back on what is said and not said... and how things are said. If totally factual that there was no evidence inside the home and no forced entry.... I would conclude that there was no struggle, ransacking/searching, or killing in the house. The resources LE has these days would be able to distinguish, no matter how good someone tried to clean up.

On the statement about D's opening the door to the perp. - just a guess here: the alarm sys provider possibly can provide information on if alarm was set/off and if set when turned off. Could also provide if entry doors were opened following the disarm. One could conclude D's opened door for perp.

I too have the single perp at the top of my list. With the beheading of Mr. D., I cannot let that drop. Someone very intelligent, purposeful, detailed with some tapes running through his/her head composed of only thinking known to him/her. As usual, just my opinion. I believe LE will solve this one and hope it will be soon.

I'll stop here and just add a big thank you to all who are participating and giving useful links. Hope your Memorial Day weekend is safe and relaxing.

More questions: What if the killer(s) knew where a spare key might be or the garage code? Going back to litig8e's thought of a solo killer, that might be why only SD was placed in the river. RD would have been too heavy to drag and then put in the boat. If an ax was used, and it was stuck in RD head, the head would have to be severed so as to remove the weapon with the prints and DNA. Another tool would then be used to do so. So, what did the killer put RD head in? And the bloody tools or weapons? A garbage bag? A back pack?

The theory in my head right now again is Mr D. went to check on one of his elderly friends. He got into an arguement with this person because he was no longer welcome to check on this friend. Perhaps accidentally killed in the home of the friend by the family member. He was beheaded then taken back to his home to be found later.
Shirley was beaten and killed. She and the head were taken to pin it on her. The perp never expected her to resurface.
Everything done to buy him time to build an alibi,buy an alibi or leave the US.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

How long does it take for someone to die if they are hit in the head...with a crowbar, golf club, etc?

How long does it take for someone to die if they are hit in the head...with a crowbar, golf club, etc?

Often it's immediate.

"Traumatic injuries remain the leading cause of death in children and in adults aged 45 years or younger. Head injuries cause immediate death in 25% of acute traumatic injuries.
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) results in more deaths than does trauma to other specific body regions. Penetrating intracranial injuries*have worse outcomes than closed head injuries."
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/251834-overview#1

45 years or younger is based on activities people participate in.
Getting hit with a crow bar or golf club is about the same for everyone- probably worse in an 88 yr old
moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

BREAKING NEWS
OK Many of you know me to have a particular theory. So I will take a short break from talking about that.

I have another theory I have mentioned previously and it pertains to a recently arrested home invasion crew operating in Florida that targets wealthy gated communities. So far residences in Windermere FL and Naples FL have been targeted.

The link below, is not the most recent info, but summarizes the initial arrest.

Reportedly this crew may have entered some gated Naples FL residences via the Bay. Additionally, it is thought they have operated in Texas as there is a connection there.

Another tidbit is the use of a stolen car from New Jersey. This suggests:

1) MO of violent home invasions at wealthy gated communities.
2) Access by water to circumvent security.
3) Recent multi state crime spree.
4) Possible recent travel on east coast as north as New Jersey.

It does not answer the bizarre crime scene, however the number and character of the individuals involved suggest that a home invasion became out of control and the actors responded in bizarre way.

This is interesting to me as the apparent ring leader; Frank Bower Jr. has been living in my town for some time, pretending to be a reformed ex-con and minister. Seeing his vehicle and trailer, I think possibly he had picked up items at my home for his charitable thrift shop.

I suggest that anyone interested search for other links about this crime and the more recent developments. It is quite fascinating. And potentially could be the culprits in the Dermond case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/deputies-masked-men-caught-breaking-upscale-home/nfw9n/

Gee...I was really hoping that if I stayed away all day, you guys would have this one solved by the time I returned.

Wonder if SheriffSills could ask ALL homeowners in Great Waters to open their homes for a dog & FBI agent to walk through.

He could ask, but that doesn't mean he will get into every-bodies home. There are some folks that would rightly tell him to go get a warrant. Which means he has to have a reasonable suspicion.

I wonder if we will know if/when the family arrives. Will it be reported. Will they stay at they house, or will they get a hotel room? I am really curious about the family. Will they conduct a funeral? I know this is morbid, but I want to know. jmo

I wondered as well, my heart feels so sad and heavy for them I just cannot imagine how or if I could go in that house. I would constantly be thinking about what happened in there. I definitely couldn't sleep there, I know everyone's different and maybe it'd bring them comfort of some sort and make them feel close to their parents being there I don't know. I come here multiple times during the day hoping to see the news that someone was arrested, hopefully soon! As always thank you to everyone who posts links to reports being in Fl I never can catch anything on tv.

I've been wondering if someone close to the murderer has been having suspicions of their own. Someone who has started to put the pieces together, and has good reasons to suspect their relative/friend/co-worker/aquaintance of these brutal murders. Could this hypothetical someone have unwittingly provided the murderer an alibi? If so, I hope this person will come forward with their suspicions. I've thought of the danger this murderer could be to those around him if cornered. I hope there's an arrest(s) before anyone else gets hurt or killed.

If there is anyone that knows what goes on in this community it would be the Homeowners' Board of Directors as well as the management company of this particular neighborhood.
They handle all complaints and law suits, the day to day things that need to be tended to..to keep this community functioning. One of the board members lives across the street from me (in FL) and it's amazing all the crazy stuff that goes on. I am sure they've been interviewed.

Sorry if there are errors here but it is late and I'm typing on my phone with it's tiny screen...
and no glasses.

I've been wondering if someone close to the murderer has been having suspicions of their own. Someone who has started to put the pieces together, and has good reasons to suspect their relative/friend/co-worker/aquaintance of these brutal murders. Could this hypothetical someone have unwittingly provided the murderer an alibi? If so, I hope this person will come forward with their suspicions. I've thought of the danger this murderer could be to those around him if cornered. I hope there's an arrest(s) before anyone else gets hurt or killed.

Maybe if the reward were higher???

Oops. Should clarify I do not live in this community.. Good night.:bedtime:

Yaahhh you! I have also involved my honey bunny on my sleuthing adventures. One night while returning from one said excursion, we came upon a roadblock. ID's were checked, questions asked, and we were sent on our merry way. Well, lo and behold, the next day it was reported that the body of Shaniya Davis had been discovered in Sanford. Yep, the same town where we encountered the roadblock.

That was such a sad case :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member