GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if maybe both were underwater? Someone suggested a while back that maybe their bodies were dragged by the boat. I am thinking that the beheading was due to an accident with the boat's propeller. The perp or perps returned his body and was scared by someone or something and did not return Shirley's?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi mck16 and gnr~snp thanks to you both for your posts. You are absolutely correct Sheriff Sills does indeed parse his words. So today we learned the Dermonds opened thevdoor to the killer(s) & the killer(s) had or attempted financial gain from the crime. I appreciate your help and patience on todays phone interview with Vinnie Politan.:smile:

It appears to me that the entire back of the house is open. If I lived on the lake it would be the same for me. It is beautiful. But, I believe this beauty was their downfall. I think the house was easily accessed. jmo

Hi mck16 and gnr~snp thanks to you both for your posts. You are absolutely correct Sheriff Sills does indeed parse his words. So today we learned Russell or Shirley Dermond opened the door to the killer(s) & the killer(s) had or attempted financial gain from the crime. I appreciate your help and patience clarifying Sheriff Sills answers in todays phone interview with Vinnie Politan.:smile:

I agree with that 100% .
So I will stay and "hold" onto my theory from the other day until further notice from Sills.
moo
Going to see if I can see any meteor showers. It's been a dud so far tonight.

I agree with that 100% .
So I will stay and "hold" onto my theory from the other day until further notice from Sills.
moo

I looked and didn't see anything, let me know.

Ok. I just saw a few well 5. There's fire ants in the yard where I need to stand! Everywhere else is covered with trees. I don't want to stand in the street!
Oh- well, headed to street...

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

I agree with that 100% .
moo

Looked and nothing to report here in Seattle.

I remember as a kid going out at night hoping to see a sputnik. :smile:

Looked and nothing to report here in Seattle.:ufo:

I think I need to go to bed as I am not on your same wave link.

Ya know!
these ppl were very social.

did they talk money with any of their friends while playing cards?
Tell anyone about recent money transactions?
Could it be they were supposed to be at that party and didn't go for some reason or were running late and the perp thought the house was vacant?
t

Do they have a safe?
Any paintings of value? Any artwork?
If its not a hate crime its about money!
IMO the person that did this knows them...

Ok. I just saw a few well 5. There's fire ants in the yard where I need to stand! Everywhere else is covered with trees. I don't want to stand in the street!
Oh- well, headed to street...

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Looked and nothing to report here in Seattle.

When all else fails; NASA facebook photos;
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152405945986772&set=pcb.10152405949831772&type=1&theater

I am not entirely sure why, but these murders have made me personally "jumpier" than any other/s I have followed on WS. If I'm outside walking a dog at night, for instance, and something moves in the bushes...yikes! I feel kind of silly.

Same here, Backwoods! Yesterday, I was sweeping my front porch, thinking of Shirley, imagining her doing the same thing when the perp came along. Suddenly, I heard a male voice and looked up and a man was walking up my driveway and I nearly jumped out of my skin! Turned out he was selling lawn services. To think the Dermonds were going about their day, minding their own business when someone decided to play God with their lives.

Things I'm wondering about:

Sheriff Sills is quoted as saying...

"“there are things that we’ve found out that I can’t elaborate on.”"

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/22/3111303/sheriff-brutal-savage-probably.html#storylink=cpy

I think the info that was "found out" was gleaned from the interviews with neighbors. Anyone else here agree/disagree?

Also, from another news report, Sills says...

"--There is "definitely no doubt about it" that Russell Dermond's head was cut off and Shirley's was body dumped (sic) to "conceal evidence, buy time and obstruct roadblocks in our investigation. Does it show depravity? Yes, but it was for self-preservation of whoever done it..""

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...ills-dermond-home-returned-to-family/9483813/

Was Mrs D's body dumped to conceal evidence as well as "buy time"? (i.e. Conceal identification of the instrument used to cause blunt force trauma)

I believe these gruesome killings have to do with money and sheer greed.

JMO's

Since I see no evidence of family involvement I think it has more to do with protecting a secret. A secret that lays right there inside of GW.

Something the Dermonds became aware of and whatever that secret is the killer thought it was serious enough that if known it could destroy his life as he has known it. He felt the only way to protect it was to murder the two people who knew.

He murdered them because he was trying to protect his own personal secret and did this for his own self preservation.

IMO

going out but wanted to drop by a second. Yes, jumpier is the word, me to ya'll !

At the dock last night, every night boat made me think about the Dermonds ! Damn how easy to drop something off, SOOO EASY, so dark, no mean, can't see your neighbors docks. WOW

I personally was nervous about boats going by at night and I know this is 1 in million type thing but I'll never trust a salesman in my yard, never did, but surely NEVER WILL NOW, just becuase of this case

I haven't read back much but someone PM me if there is news PLEASEE!!

Take care yall

One more thing :D

Sills discussed the case in detail with Anita Oh, saying:

--Finding Shirley Dermond's body in the lake has convinced him that the couple's killers arrived at their home over the water: "Somebody came by boat for a fact."
And while Sills' investigators have scoured the Great Waters neighborhood for security cameras pointed toward the lake, they haven't found an image of the killers or anything else unusual.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...ills-dermond-home-returned-to-family/9483813/

Could it be that the boat used in the murders arrived at the Dermond home from a location that was very near to their house (thus escaped being caught on any security cameras)??

We do not know.if there is evidence of a family member being I involved or not. I.would be very surprised to.find out otherwise. This guy has a defeatist attitude. He.can't work this case and is reaching. The fbi usually snafus things really well. Just look at this sheriffs desk. Bring someone in.willing to.work the case and get a financial forensics examiner on this case pronto. This.isn't some mean person in the night and one person full of hatred easily could have k killed them both. They should be.on the benefactors like flies o/ chit.

One more thing :D

Sills discussed the case in detail with Anita Oh, saying:

--Finding Shirley Dermond's body in the lake has convinced him that the couple's killers arrived at their home over the water: "Somebody came by boat for a fact."
And while Sills' investigators have scoured the Great Waters neighborhood for security cameras pointed toward the lake, they haven't found an image of the killers or anything else unusual.

Could it be that the boat used in the murders arrived at the Dermond home from a location that was very near to their house (thus escaped being caught on any security cameras)??

BBM

Now that is a very interesting theory.

If so this person had planned this out in great detail before he even came to the Dermond property..........no one would see him on his own property or the Dermond property. He knew if he used a vehicle coming in the front gate he could be seen. He also knew that scent is harder to trace on water than on land. He also knows it isn't unusual to see anyone aggressive washing their boat down.

Imo, this is a smart person. A planner....organized who put a lot of thought into this. This way no one sees him coming through the entrance gate nor ever returning. No one even would see him walking on the property. He really does all of this from the backside by using the water and the backside of their home as his shield.

So if he lived say a few hundred yards away from the Dermonds then all he has to do is get in his own boat....park at their dock which he would already know was unoccupied, and come up from the water's edge to do his deeds. Then he leaves just like he came, and then returns to wherever his boat is usually docked, and simply disappears back inside of his home. All of it done after nightfall imo. It is so simple but yet it makes a lot of sense and would work. imo

Now I am having to rethink my own theory fred&edna about this being a spontaneous event.

All I keep thinking is 'who would it be easier for to pull all of this off in the manner that it happened?" I still keep coming up with the theory it has to be someone that lives right there. They would know more about the Dermonds daily habits and would know how to maneuver this all without being seen.

IMO

Hey FF, I just worry that too much attention by Sills and the media, by his lead, are focused on the head of Mr D and submersion of Mrs D as evidence removal. Granted I don't ever want to be in the head of a sick, sick person, but I have studied too many of these cases, like you all have, to feel that makes any kind of sense, with TWO victims, and one body left totally conspicuous. Not saying I do know what makes sense, either. But in weighing the possibilities, I am left with is this is a sick, possibly paranoid, individual and whether he lives in the neighborhood, knows these people at church, or is related to them somehow, or stumbled across them at the boat dock, that is what makes sense to me.

Know what you mean Jabarn.. I have several issues with Sheriff Sills and the FBI Special Agent's theories and conclusions, unless they have much more specific info than we do and are holding it close to their vest..

Couple thoughts; Personal/slight acquaintance, etc. Many, if not most escalated/experienced Predators began their trails of terror as con men. Their abductions, more often than not, begin as a calculated ruse. The ruse used to get a foot in the door in the D's abduction/murder/decapitation/?, may have been as simple as someone under the guise of a DNR ranger, Security officer, or distressed fisherman with motor trouble needing to use their phone, etc..

Imo, the Dermond's and their residence was stalked/reconned, days or even weeks before the actual assault occurred. Many predators; such as BTK enjoyed stalking their victims as much or more than the actual kill. Due to the D's lakeside home, their ages, the lack of full time resident neighbors, their forested and secluded lot, and the Derby party/Cinco di Mayo. What better time to strike?

The FBI spokesperson in the HLN VP interview said the FBI BAU2 profilers were working on a psychological behavioral profile of the unknown suspect/s in this case. Imo, it doesn't take three weeks to complete a profile of the unsubs or the probable motive/s with the indicators and residue left in the wake of this horrific crime. Seems obvious, imo that the perp/s are very brazened malignant sadistic psychopathic sexual predators. A very dangerous and rare breed of sexual predator that preys on the elderly; gerontophile, imo..

Gerontophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/rader-dennis.htm
Dennis Rader, the BTK serial killer who terrorized the Wichita, KS area from the 1970s ... questions from the judge Monday about how he killed his victims. ... in most of his cases, he chose and then stalked several people at a time

We do not know.if there is evidence of a family member being I involved or not. I.would be very surprised to.find out otherwise. This guy has a defeatist attitude. He.can't work this case and is reaching. The fbi usually snafus things really well. Just look at this sheriffs desk. Bring someone in.willing to.work the case and get a financial forensics examiner on this case pronto. This.isn't some mean person in the night and one person full of hatred easily could have k killed them both. They should be.on the benefactors like flies o/ chit.

Sheriff Sills immediately called in the FBI to look at the financial aspects. That is the first thing he had the FBI do.

The financial examiners have been on this case for weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd