GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First,I have checked for a HLN transcript of the May 23,2014 phone interview between Vinnie Politan and Sheriff Sills but can only locate the video. It would be helpful reading Sheriff Sills words. We might be able to clarify his meaning by reading a quote and seeing the sentence syntax. MOO

My following post is :eek:fftopic:

I agree with that 100% .
<snipped>
moo
Going to see if I can see any meteor showers. It's been a dud so far tonight.

I looked and didn't see anything, let me know.

Looked and nothing to report here in Seattle.

I remember as a kid going out at night hoping to see a sputnik. :smile:

Comet to pass by Earth closely after meteor shower
By Ben Brumfield, CNN
updated 9:16 AM EDT, Sat May 24, 2014

Slooh meteor shower visible to some
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
The May Camelopardalids meteor shower dazzles some, bores others
But it's connected to a comet making a rare close pass by Earth, NASA says
You can see 209P/LINEAR with a telescope
<snipped>
But for die-hard star geeks, there will be an Act II, an even bigger treat, as the last part of the shower -- a comet -- passes by Earth, beginning Saturday evening.

www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/us/meteor-shower/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I remember how spectacular the*Hale–Bopp comet was. So,I will be out hoping for a view of the comet.

I've also been thinking it may have been someone who was getting money from the Dermonds in the past, and was cut off, or someone who came to the Dermonds for money, expected it, and was turned down.

I know the sheriff thinks Russell was beheaded and Shirley was hidden for strategic reasons, but I think it was emotional. The killer was furious at Russell, and wanted to lash out, but ashamed he killed Shirley, too, so he hid her.

While I think it's likely that the murders will come down to money, the lack of an obvious robbery makes me wonder: What if nothing was taken because the killer(s) didn't need it? What if he, she, or they are wealthy, too, and this was about something else?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did the Dermonds have a computer? If so, has there been any word on what was on it?

First,I have checked for a HLN transcript of the May 23,2014 phone interview between Vinnie Politan and Sheriff Sills but can only locate the video. It would be helpful reading Sheriff Sills words. We might be able to clarify his meaning by reading a quote and seeing the sentence syntax. MOO

My following post is :eek:fftopic:

Comet to pass by Earth closely after meteor shower
By Ben Brumfield, CNN
updated 9:16 AM EDT, Sat May 24, 2014

Slooh meteor shower visible to some
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
The May Camelopardalids meteor shower dazzles some, bores others
But it's connected to a comet making a rare close pass by Earth, NASA says
You can see 209P/LINEAR with a telescope
<snipped>
But for die-hard star geeks, there will be an Act II, an even bigger treat, as the last part of the shower -- a comet -- passes by Earth, beginning Saturday evening.

www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/us/meteor-shower/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I remember how spectacular the*Hale–Bopp comet was. So,I will be out hoping for a view of the comet.

Ok I translated the segment.
It will take me a few to type it out.
Be back in a little while. :seeya:

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

Ok I translated the segment.
It will take me a few to type it out.
Be back in a little while. :seeya:

A Websleuths :goldstar: bestowed on gngr~snap. I am always impressed by the talents of the people who post here. :smile:

HLN MAY 23 pm
Vinnie Politan and Mike Brooks interview Sherrif Sills about the Dermond double murder.
VP:- Sherrif thanks for joining us, we appreciate your time today. I know you are extremely busy. It's personal. What does that mean? That you guys believe this murder double murder was personal?*
SS:- Well one thing that we believe is uh, because there was no forced entry or anything disturbed in the home, *that leads us to a logical conclusion in that they knew the individual they opened the door for and that in and of itself is a personal connection.*
VP:- So a personal connection? *Not or doesn't mean that they knew, that you believe they knew the murderer or murderers, versus some sort of vendetta?*
SS:- It could be either one but I'm leaning towards the uh, former that they knew them in some way. That doesn't necessarily mean they were friends, but uh, someone they knew.
VP:- Ok. So getting into the scope of who that would have to include or exclude, what sort of conclusions have you gotten to er, how are you working on that?*
SS:- We are still uh, interviewing every lot, these people had lots of friends. *We are still locating and interviewing people they knew to, to see what they know about them. *Uh this is a resort type community, *uh people are not here all the time. *Now the Dermond's were, uh full time residents, but uh, very few people on the street where this occurred are full time residents, so we're having to track people down around the country and the world for that matter. Uh, one of the neighbors was out of the country at the time, *and those are the kinds of things we are pursuing, *from the standpoint of interviewing people that knew them.*
MB:- Sherrif this is Mike Broooks. Do you believe the killers came and left the house in a boat?*
SS:- Definitely uh, one portion ahh, one part of this crime occurred by boat. *The location where we found Mrs. Dermond's body uh, where we retrieved it rather, *uh it uh, had to have been, *in my opinion, *knowing the lake as I do. Uh, it was 5 miles from the home and it pretty much had to have been placed there by boat.*
END
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/05/23/dermond-murder-mystery-beheading-georgia-lake-oconee

BBM
Snipped( sorry OBE)
So if he lived say a few hundred yards away from the Dermonds then all he has to do is get in his own boat....park at their dock which he would already know was unoccupied, and come up from the water's edge to do his deeds. Then he leaves just like he came, and then returns to wherever his boat is usually docked, and simply disappears back inside of his home. All of it done after nightfall imo. It is so simple but yet it makes a lot of sense and would work. imo

IMO[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]

OBE, I respect you and every 1 of your posts. I do not believe a neighbor would not be caught by now. That would make all the police, FBI, GBI, ignorant of what happened and would catch them. Wouldn't Sills know this by now? So it's a neighbor?

HLN MAY 23 pm
Vinnie Politan and Mike Brooks interview Sherrif Sills about the Dermond double murder.
VP:- Sherrif thanks for joining us, we appreciate your time today. I know you are extremely busy. It's personal. What does that mean? That you guys believe this murder double murder was personal?*
SS:- Well one thing that we believe is uh, because there was no forced entry or anything disturbed in the home, *that leads us to a logical conclusion in that they knew the individual they opened the door for and that in and of itself is a personal connection.*
VP:- So a personal connection? *Not or doesn't mean that they knew, that you believe they knew the murderer or murderers, versus some sort of vendetta?*
SS:- It could be either one but I'm leaning towards the uh, former that they knew them in some way. That doesn't necessarily mean they were friends, but uh, someone they knew.
VP:- Ok. So getting into the scope of who that would have to include or exclude, what sort of conclusions have you gotten to er, how are you working on that?*
SS:- We are still uh, interviewing every lot, these people had lots of friends. *We are still locating and interviewing people they knew to, to see what they know about them. *Uh this is a resort type community, *uh people are not here all the time. *Now the Dermond's were, uh full time residents, but uh, very few people on the street where this occurred are full time residents, so we're having to track people down around the country and the world for that matter. Uh, one of the neighbors was out of the country at the time, *and those are the kinds of things we are pursuing, *from the standpoint of interviewing people that knew them.*
MB:- Sherrif this is Mike Broooks. Do you believe the killers came and left the house in a boat?*
SS:- Definitely uh, one portion ahh, one part of this crime occurred by boat. *The location where we found Mrs. Dermond's body uh, where we retrieved it rather, *uh it uh, had to have been, *in my opinion, *knowing the lake as I do. Uh, it was 5 miles from the home and it pretty much had to have been placed there by boat.*
END
Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE device
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/05/23/dermond-murder-mystery-beheading-georgia-lake-oconee

B&UBM

So my mind returns again to houses that are vacant for a period of weeks or months and are simply used as vacation or 2nd homes. Still think the Ds may have seen someone at a neighbor's property/dock who did not seem to belong and that person was up to something illegal.

hiding your illegal activity or product on a property that you knew was not in use full time and was only easily accessible by boat would be much like putting your things in a safe or a vault. Entry from the land is heavily monitored restricted. And yet you could easily reach it by boat. No one else would known it was there and if residents were away for extended periods it is not likely they would find/notice what you have secreted on that property or your visits to the property.

But a full time resident neighbor might.

How could LE know one of the Dermonds actually physically opened the door for the killer? Couldn't the door have been unlocked, especially during the daytime?

What does this type of declaration by LE say about the many other things claimed to be "known" while later being qualified, like the examples regarding the use of a boat?

Things LE said during the press conference about the discovery of SD seemed somewhat conflicting. The statement about the certainty of SD's cause of death being homicide while saying the corpse showed no apparent signs of trauma got my attention? When asked if the corpse had been weighted down, LE reacted strongly.

Is the translation, "We found the body with no signs of trauma but it was definitely a homicide because..."?

I do not believe the Ds opened their door to their killer.

I do not think the killer ever entered their home.

I do not think the Dermonds knew their killer and if they did it was only peripherally. (that fella who works at that one place, or that one gal's nephew, or something along those lines)

JMO.

BBM for focus:
FBI Agent Brit Johnson said and I quote.
"When we have something that we can potentially solve, that has very leads on, that's actually the one I think that inspires the fire and ability the most. "

Sure sounds like at the time he said that they were still stumped.

Statement @ 1:43 on video. ..

I heard..... "fire in the belly"

As far as the door being opened, the security system they had would document what time it was armed and unarmed. It may have also documented at what time which doors and widows were opened and closed.
For instance,if it was armed at 10:30pm and unarmed at 2:20am -door opened and shut then never rearmed. It's safe to assume someone rang and they answered the door, allowing them in.
While investigating,
If after looking at a few months of security records and the Dermond's were in the habit of arming and disarming at the same times every day, yet never at 2:20am. It's safe to assume this was not a normal activity and might have something to do with their murders.

Remember security systems lower home insurance. If you get robbed and your windows were all open and you didn't arm your system the insuance is gonna know.

As far as knowing it was a homicide. If she was hog tied or strapped to a tree under the water it's safe to assume she didn't get that way by herself.

Police can't release all the details before a suspect is found and arrested. That information has to be protected for trial.

***Graphic***
Her body had no obvious signs of trauma. She wasn't decapitated. A body in the lake for two weeks is barely human.
It may be covered in adipocere or if you touch them in some places the skin may literally fall apart.
Without an autopsy there's no way to tell what was caused by decomp and what came before death.

How could LE know one of the Dermonds actually physically opened the door for the killer? Couldn't the door have been unlocked, especially during the daytime?

What does this type of declaration by LE say about the many other things claimed to be "known" while later being qualified, like the examples regarding the use of a boat?

Things LE said during the press conference about the discovery of SD seemed somewhat conflicting. The statement about the certainty of SD's cause of death being homicide while saying the corpse showed no apparent signs of trauma got my attention? When asked if the corpse had been weighted down, LE reacted strongly.

Is the translation, "We found the body with no signs of trauma but it was definitely a homicide because..."?

Mrs. Dermond's Cause of Death was ruled to be blunt force trauma to the head. Her Manner of Death is homicide. IOW, the blunt force trauma, in this case to her head, was not accidental as might be seen from a fall or vehicular accident:

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills says an autopsy done Saturday at the GBI Crime Lab reveals Dermond's cause of death, blunt force trauma to the head.

http://www.wgxa.tv/story/dermond-s-autopsy-reveals-blunt-force-trauma-to-head-20140517#ixzz32fE6xqLz

In addition to whatever details about the BFT to the head were found in the autopsy, it was determined that Mrs. D was placed in the lake after she died. Manner of death>homicide.

I was kind of surprised to read the Sheriff saying these million dollar homes are vacation homes to many.

I thought all along it was a community of full time residents.

As far as the door being opened, the security system they had would document what time it was armed and unarmed. It may have also documented at what time which doors and widows were opened and closed.
For instance,if it was armed at 10:30pm and unarmed at 2:20am -door opened and shut then never rearmed. It's safe to assume someone rang and they answered the door, allowing them in.
While investigating,
If after looking at a few months of security records and the Dermond's were in the habit of arming and disarming at the same times every day, yet never at 2:20am. It's safe to assume this was not a normal activity and might have something to do with their murders.

Remember security systems lower home insurance. If you get robbed and your windows were all open and you didn't arm your system the insuance is gonna know.

As far as knowing it was a homicide. If she was hog tied or strapped to a tree under the water it's safe to assume she didn't get that way by herself.

Police can't release all the details before a suspect is found and arrested. That information has to be protected for trial.

***Graphic***
Her body had no obvious signs of trauma. She wasn't decapitated. A body in the lake for two weeks is barely human.
It may be covered in adipocere or if you touch them in some places the skin may literally fall apart.
Without an autopsy there's no way to tell what was caused by decomp and what came before death.

Thank-you gngr~snap for your hard work.

OK,I am going to say from your excellent transcription it reads to me like Sheriff Sills is saying Russell or Shirley knew the killer and literally opened the door. But,obviously it is open to personal interpretation. MOO

Please do not take me behind the woodpile if you disagree.:smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member