GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tracing backwards, their family member had something in fulton in 2007 but I do not see RD and SD's property in fulton on tax site

have searched MOST OF ALL the northern counties touching or above the chatahoochee river line, NO DERMONDS whatsoever, strange
Sent you a link, tomkat.

Hasn't anyone ever done that?! I'm much ypunger than SD and I walked out of Target w/out paying. Needless to say, the cashier came running after me yelling, "You didn't pay":eek:hdear:

Guilty as charged and I'm younger than SD too. Didn't pay for gas, but stopped before I got out of the parking lot.

Getting back to the subject about the Dermond's will. Is there a chance they didn't have one? :twocents:

IMHO

Knowing they were business savvy individuals I would say the chances of them not having a Will would be slim to none.

JMO

I looked it up when this first started. The house was in the neighborhood Huntcliff. Back in the early 80s my husband and I almost bought a house there. It is on the Chattahoochee River and very hilly. It is built around the golf course for Cherokee Town and Country Club. It is in Fulton County but might be listed under Sandy Springs, GA versus Atlanta, GA.

I was married to a golfing family (3 generations) and even have 100 wooden-shaft golf clubs.

Impressive! I have seen some wooden shaft golf clubs on the Antiques Road Show.

Guilty as charged and I'm younger than SD too. Didn't pay for gas, but stopped before I got out of the parking lot.

I haven't ever done that but I sure have forgotten some things. Actually I cant complain about my memory it is pretty darn good.:D

The reason I mentioned that was because of her advancing age. It is normal of course to forget now and then but if it starts happening later in life it can be a sign of dementia.

We had a friend (RIP) who was in her mid 80s. She always had to have a lot of cash in her purse but she kept leaving her purse in restaurants and of course when her hubby went back to retrieve the purse it was gone. One time she had 2k in it when she left it. What was happening is she was in the first stages of dementia.

That's the only reason I brought that up.

IMO

Has anyone considered that the Dermond's may have had a reverse mortgage on their home or was in the process of applying for one? Without knowing their financial situation, it would be very difficult to know if the motive for their murders were financial in nature, imo..

We have a small post office where I live that contains PO boxes for all the residents of the community due to the mountainous terrain.
Went in to get my mail and was reading it while walking back to my car.

I opened the car door and don't know who was startled the most, the woman sitting in the car, or me... Wrong car... 'Yikes'!

Has anyone considered that the Dermond's may have had a reverse mortgage on their home or was in the process of applying for one? Without knowing their financial situation, it would be very difficult to know if the motive for their murders were financial in nature, imo..

no motive there if so, if that's all they owned

looks like they owned the other house in sandy springs for 20 years then built the one in oconee Prob paid cash, who knows

It was located in Huntcliff. You won't be able to pull it up by using their name because it has been sold twice since they moved out.

A quick search will provide addresses in Waterbury, Ct, paradise Valley, Az,
Huntcliff (Sandy Springs), and actually several places right around Eatonton. I assume they rented two different houses while their GW home
was being built.

It's also possible one or more of the addresses in the Greensboro area belonged to Mr Dermonds mother before she passed.

I hope it is ok to post this, as both residents have passed and it is quite general in geography. I apologize in advance if it violates any rule!

Oh, and they also owned something in FL for a brief minute close to their children. I think it was just land but I would have to double check.

We have a small post office where I live that contains PO boxes for all the residents of the community due to the mountainous terrain.
Went in to get my mail and was reading it while walking back to my car.

I opened the car door and don't know who was startled the most, the woman sitting in the car, or me... Wrong car... 'Yikes'!

:floorlaugh:
One time we arrived at our motel room early morning. Long time ago. I used my key (yes, that is what they had back then). When I tried to open the door that little chain dealy was hooked. I was going to ask my husband how that could be locked from the inside when the door starting closing on my arm while my hand was trying to unlock the chain. A little white haired lady was in there. Thank heavens she wasn't strong enough to break my arm. :facepalm: Obviously they gave us the wrong room key.

I know what you mean, that's why I found this site. You are so right about the fantasy, they just seem to keep repeating it over and over in their mind until they get the chance to act it out. I think some people must be born without a conscience to get this far. I understand the not bonding, narcissistic, abused children...in most cases, it leans towards the sexual (those who fantasize that far), I guess the age of these two has me wound up. No jealousy here, so I'm thinking financial, but whether it's a long term deal or something that just came up, I don't know. If it wasn't planned, it was an unusual type of frenzy that someone just happened to find themselves there on the Friday night before a holiday...just so wrong! Someone is beyond deviant to cross this line, doncha think?

I wonder why, after 20 years in the same home in a golfing community, why would they leave and build a home in another golf community at their age? Most folks downsize as they get up in age like that.

Was the former home in a gated community?

I wonder if they had an elevator installed in the GW home.

I wonder why, after 20 years in the same home in a golfing community, why would they leave and build a home in another golf community at their age? Most folks downsize as they get up in age like that.

Was the former home in a gated community?

I wonder if they had an elevator installed in the GW home.

Huntcliff is not gated.

Have been thinking about the question you posed earlier. Are psychopaths born or made? I'm not sure, but think people are born with the propensity, and that adverse experiences during childhood could take them there. Don't have much experience with this, only by reading true crime stories for many years. :twocents:

IMHO

Thank you Nuvolari! I stand corrected. This is an excellent article too. Mrs. Dermond's friends spoke very highly of her and gave a little insight to what Mrs. Dermond was like.

"Dermond had been playing bridge locally since she and her husband built a retirement home at the Great Waters development a dozen or so miles northeast of town in 1999.

O'Neill spoke fondly of Dermond's needlepoint work, one with an angel in particular. "It had pearls and crystals. Just gorgeous."

Dermond sometimes took homemade chocolate cakes to the Tuesday and Thursday bridge games.

She and other members on occasion traded books. More often, though, they talked about their families and enjoyed one another's company.

"She had a great laugh," member Carole Stickline said, "a great sense of humor."

One friend said Dermond, who'd had knee-replacement surgery, enjoyed dancing.

*******, another member, described the Dermonds as "the perfect retired couple. ... So sweet."

*******, who lives in a lakefront home near the Dermonds, carpooled to bridge meetings with Shirley Dermond.

Since Dermond vanished, she said, "A lot of people have fear. But we've never had anything on the lake. Ever. And we've been here 22 years. ... It is hard to believe that something like this could happen. Especially to Shirley and Russell Dermond, who were cream-of-the-crop people."

*** met Dermond about a decade and a half ago when they were part of another bridge club.

Dermond, she said, has a grandson at the University of North Carolina, which ***** granddaughter attends.

***** said Dermond's family meant the most to Dermond. "She talked a lot about her daughter and her daughter's horses."

Russell Dermond, she said, was as kindhearted as his wife.

http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/4787b490b57add8aadf17cfedf0fc03c#.U4UUE3byS3Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB