GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back to the subject about the Dermond's will. Is there a chance they didn't have one? :twocents:

IMHO

Hmmmm. Could they still have lived on the property at the Chatahoochee and just kept it under the name, fulton? - low profile you know.

sorry, trying to be discreet, that was the county

and it was another D, not RD and SD, haven't found any in their name yet and that was in 2007 on the river

OH DOH< their's was sold, won't show up in search ! :facepalm:

Hey, I don't recall the memory part but I did find where MRS D I THOUGHT was the one that had knee surgery and I had inquired if it could have been during their sons trial in 2001, pssibily the reason they didnt' make it to the trial

He walked alot in the neighborhood, so maybe no mobility problems there, he was seen on golfcourse day before murder or something

But that didn't mean, he didn't have a knee replacement? Gosh! Now I have to look for a link tomkat! :pillowfight2: :detective: :pcguru: :lookingitup:

:scared::scared::scared:

But I GOTCHOE BACK LOL

Now you're reading my mind. I thought perhaps the Dermond name spelling had been changed at some point in the past. Yes, some people change their names on purpose for the strangest reasons. :truce:

Getting back to the subject about the Dermond's will. Is there a chance they didn't have one? :twocents:

IMHO

IMO very unlikely. Just someone familiar with clientele of their age and apparent financial demographic. They likely had wills and possibly trusts whether revocable or irrevocable as well. JMO based on working in a law office where we do a great deal of estate and medicaid planning and trust creation.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

welllll, he COULD HAVE, you know it helps you walk better ! :floorlaugh:

I could be wrong, but I thought it was her, dont' quote me on it !!

:tantrum:

But that didn't mean, he didn't have a knee replacement? Gosh! Now I have to look for a link tomkat! :pillowfight2: :detective: :pcguru: :lookingitup:

IMHO

Yes, that a whole different can of :worms: No will could lead to some family members feeling entitled to more than other family members. :bigfight:

Excellent question! Would love to hear everyone's thoughts about that - no will.

I thought I had heard it all - thanks for that. This site is better than watching the same old news every night. I love hearing people toss around info and ideas. I don't get to talk about this kind of thing often. It's not about the crime, per se, but more what goes on inside the minds of these individuals. I think it was on Dateline last week that a detective said "Psychopaths are not born; they are made." How do yall lean on that concept? If off topic and not of interest, no worries..

I lean toward made because at some point they have to make a conscious decision to cross the line into deviant behavior. I guess I don't really think they're made. It's a choice. I know a lot of people experience horrible abuse as a child and they use that as their excuse for abusing others or murdering others, but really it's a choice no matter how much they rationalize their evilness.

I thought I had heard it all - thanks for that. This site is better than watching the same old news every night. I love hearing people toss around info and ideas. I don't get to talk about this kind of thing often. It's not about the crime, per se, but more what goes on inside the minds of these individuals. I think it was on Dateline last week that a detective said "Psychopaths are not born; they are made." How do yall lean on that concept? If off topic and not of interest, no worries..

Happyshoes, don't try discussing these crimes at any parties or social gatherings. You'll get a lot of crossed eyes and strange looks, etc.
There is a lot of debates as to whether psychopaths are born or made. Imo, it is a combination of the two. Most psychopathic predators seem to start out with fantasies and cross the threshold into dark reality at around the age of 14 years old, imo. They all seem to have the same or similar antisocial personality and behavioral traits; torturing small animals, arson, experimenting with *advertiser censored*, etc., and many seem to have two selves; a good self and an evil self, imo..
Imo, meth creates psychopathic personalities in otherwise normal folks...

Blame the Brain; Why psychopaths lack Empathy
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/09/25/blame-brain-why-psychopaths-lack-empathy/

SO FAR, NO finds that SD and RD owned any property on the chatahoochee river, someone they knew did, fulton

still looking around ATL

OH AND THAT WAS IN ATL

THANKS, can't say it enough, so siggified it :floorlaugh:
The address for the property they owned on the Chatahoochee was posted here. It was in Fulton. But I may not be following what you're looking for. Lol.

Absolutely you're doing it correctly and welcome aboard!

:welcome: :welcome3: :greetings:

Love, exciting and new :drumroll: :guitar: :guitar:
Come Aboard. We're expecting you.
Love, life's sweetest reward.
Let it flow, it floats back to you.

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
Yes LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! (hey-ah!)

Love Boat soon will be making another run
The Love Boat promises something for everyone
Set a course for adventure,
Your mind on a new romance.

Love won't hurt anymore
It's an open smile on a friendly shore.
It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! It's
LOOOOOOOOOOOVE!
It's the Love Boat-ah! It's the Love Boat-ah!

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/theloveboatlyrics.html

:silly: :giggle: :dance:

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2

sorry, trying to be discreet, that was the county

and it was another D, not RD and SD, haven't found any in their name yet and that was in 2007 on the river

Doh! :footinmouth: Put my boot in my mouth on that one. Just glad somebody's got my back! :highfive: :peace: :thumb:

Hmmmm. Could they still have lived on the property at the Chatahoochee and just kept it under the name, fulton? - low profile you know.

The Dermond's house on the Chattahoochee River was located in Fulton County...GA..

Love your nic and I am so glad you have joined us. You make me feel happy just by seeing your moniker.:D

I believe it is a little bit of both. Even psychologists don't agree whether they are born evil or their environment has made them that way.

I do believe that some can be born bad seeds. The reason I believe that is there can be multiple siblings in one family who are raised under the same ground rules by the same parents, yet one will turnout to be hell on earth.

So I do think they may have been born with a predisposition toward violence and their environment only empowered what was already there. So I think it is probably nature and nurture but not in all cases.

We are now seeing shows of small children, even as young as two or three, who aren't just upset but they are raging mad to a point that is way beyond a normal hissy fit children have occasionally. These are children who have tantrums constantly. I do believe narcissistic children can turn into being sociopaths. Those who are narcissistic seem to possess no compassion or empathy for anyone other than themselves. If it is allowed to continue then the result can be a sociopath who has no conscience or remorse for anything they do. I read about so many young children having a defiant conduct disorder. Imo, that is nothing more than a pretty word to describe a fledgling psychopath on his/her way to being labeled one when they reach the age of 18.

I was just thinking today how the world has changed. When I was growing up and when our children were growing up everyone just seem to be normal and going about their lives. Both parents worked, they raised their families, kept their homes clean, cooked home cooked meals every night, and saw to it that all homework was done before the end of the night and did everything else expected of them when the need arose.

Very seldom did we see anyone who was mentally ill. But now I read that one in five people between the age of 18 and 25 have some type of personality disorder. 1 in 5! That is mind boggling to me.

Now it seems to be more of the norm for someone to be on some kind of medication for mental illness rather than a rarity. It mystifies me why that has happened and I wish I knew why it has become so prevalent in today's society.

The only mentally ill person I have ever known in my life, and I am old, lol, was my grandmother's sister and that was when I was growing up as a young child. Other than my aunt we have had none in our family who are mentally ill and none of our grandchildren have ever had to take any kind of medication for some type of disorder. My father had dementia when he became older when he was 70 but until then his mind was sharp as a tack. I don't think I have ever been around an autistic child or one who has Asberger syndrome. I am sure I am misspelling it so please forgive me. My heart goes out to anyone who suffers from mental illness as long as they do not harm others or become criminals.

So what is happening and why does there seem to be such an influx of mental illness today that so many seem to struggle with? I sure wish I knew the answer.

Does that mean we will see more and more sociopaths in the future than we have seen before? Although most sociopaths don't murder anyone but they sure make life hell for those around them because they don't care about anyone but themselves. That is why often times sociopaths are CEOs of large companies. They will step on anyone to get to the top. Does narcissism lead to being a sociopath or psychopath? I think possibly it could.

IMO

The address for the property they owned on the Chatahoochee was posted here. It was in Fulton. But I may not be following what you're looking for. Lol.

tracing backwards, their family member had something in fulton in 2007 but I do not see RD and SD's property in fulton on tax site

have searched MOST OF ALL the northern counties touching or above the chatahoochee river line, NO DERMONDS whatsoever, strange

Funny! Seriously, the tax assessor site shows they purchased the property in 1994, but the house was built in 1999. This site shows also that the property (LAND) regarding lake front property is more valuable than the homes that sit on said land. The land across the street is not as near valuable.

I think the view of the lake from the Dermond's home must be spectacular - choice Real Estate. I wonder if Mr. Dermond purchased the property and built the house as an investment knowing that the view and home would be a prime investment return when they decided to move. Maybe they planned to live out the rest of their days there, but I think Mr. Dermond knew this location was a good investment.

She drove off without paying for gas once and someone was picking her up to play bridge twice a week. Mr. Dermond had had a knee replacement.

Hasn't anyone ever done that?! I'm much ypunger than SD and I walked out of Target w/out paying. Needless to say, the cashier came running after me yelling, "You didn't pay":eek:hdear:

SO FAR, NO finds that SD and RD owned any property on the chatahoochee river, someone they knew did, fulton

still looking around ATL

OH AND THAT WAS IN ATL

THANKS, can't say it enough, so siggified it :floorlaugh:

I looked it up when this first started. The house was in the neighborhood Huntcliff. Back in the early 80s my husband and I almost bought a house there. It is on the Chattahoochee River and very hilly. It is built around the golf course for Cherokee Town and Country Club. It is in Fulton County but might be listed under Sandy Springs, GA versus Atlanta, GA.

I was married to a golfing family (3 generations) and even have 100 wooden-shaft golf clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bucky357