GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone had cut my father's head off the first one I would think of that may have been done it would be some kind of cult who is known to decapitate and dismember their victims to be used as sacrifices.

I sure don't think he was referencing the York cult since as far as I am aware they didn't commit murders did they? They seem to be the typical old kind of cult that creates blind followers so they can rape and molest their children by using mind control over their followers.

York reminds me of that creep Warren Jeffs and I think he was nothing more than a cult leader too, imo.

I don't really think the Dermond children have one inkling who could have done this and were just searching for answers like everyone else has done trying to find something to explain why their father's head was decapitated.

IMO

Yes I believe they did from what I read

well I'd be concerned if the children DIDN"T WONDER who did this, the son mentioned the cult first, not me :floorlaugh:

and we really have NO IDEA what the family thinks or has said other than just THAT, cult and phone calls, it sounded outlandish at first to me, but then reading on the nuwabians that are indeed real and alive, well, and have wreaked havoc whereever they go, it does seem long ago, but no one knows if they did or did not, many things seem to make sense in regards to the drop location, mounds, sills, cult mentioned etc, so keep on keeping on

If you talk to the family I hope you'll share what they think and say

Are the Georgia Guidestones in Elberton, near Putnam county? I thought since the nuwaubian cult was being discussed, we might as well throw in some new world order :cow: . I honestly don't think there is a connection to the guidestones, ok? With talk of cults, Mafia, drug cartels and the like, might as well add the NWO nutsies.
:pillowfight2:

The one thing for which my hometown is known! Honestly, the Guidestones are a big joke in Elberton. A lot of weirdos make documentaries and stuff about them, but they are generally not a big deal. They claim to have mass meet-ups at the Guidestones that hundreds of people RSVP for online, but there is never anyone there when I have driven by. A lot of the NWO stuff gets thrown around, mostly because teenagers spraypaint it on the stones. I believe it's about 80 miles between Elberton and GW, and I have never really known anyone else who has gone down to the RP area from Elberton (we have lakes of our own, so most people work and play locally). MOO, just figured I could give a little local perspective on them.

I may have missed something but in the HLN clip with the sheriff, he mentions that one of the neighbors was out of the country when the crimes occurred. It may be possible that the killer knew that and was waiting for such an opportunity. That would depend on which neighbor it could have been.

did someone post this, sorry If I'm repeating

http://www.splcenter.org/get-inform...s/2002/fall/savior-in-a-strange-land?page=0,1

BUT THISSSS, was a VERRRY good article! Tells you EVERYTHING these crazy idiots did, leaving hollowed out carcasses, breaking LE windows out, etc

NO I THINK THEY are the racists ! rape and molestation has nothing to do with raciscm

Holy (#&%#! Surely these people are on some kind of watch list. Please Lord let them be on a watch list.

"The threat was not idle. Cult members began to publish home addresses and phone numbers of public officials and local reporters — and even photographs and information about their spouses and children, including Sills' 8-year-old son. That got the sheriff's goat.

"I've had my throat cut, my *advertiser censored* whupped, been shot and dragged by automobiles — just about everything," he says. "But I didn't want anybody messing with my kid."

It mentions the murder of 2 New Jersey women. Curious as to how they were murdered. BBL!

ir_107_york01_200x150.jpg
Dwight York

did someone post this, sorry If I'm repeating

http://www.splcenter.org/get-inform...s/2002/fall/savior-in-a-strange-land?page=0,1

BUT THISSSS, was a VERRRY good article! Tells you EVERYTHING these crazy idiots did, leaving hollowed out carcasses, breaking LE windows out, etc

NO I THINK THEY are the racists ! rape and molestation has nothing to do with raciscm

A must read!!

In several pamphlets, Ford — who handled much of the county's litigation against the Nuwaubians — was characterized as a white devil and Klansman. Like most of the others who were targeted, Adams became even more concerned when she started to hear about the shady history of Dwight York's cult.

"I couldn't help but think that anyone who turns over their life savings, their weekly paychecks, their children, their wives or husbands to this man who says he is God — what might they do if they feel I'm this bad person attacking him?"

The answer to that question wasn't long in coming. Returning home one day, Adams discovered a singular horror — the two halves of a hollowed-out dog carcass, one on either side of her driveway.
"We took that as a warning," says Adams, who renewed her lapsed gun license and started packing a pistol.

York and some of his cult also lived in Athens, GA...purchased a huge home and a building for their place of worship (weird symbolic paintings on the outside, almost like hieroglyphics.)

I do NOT think this cult is involved in any way with this murder! If York has that much power while in prison, why didn't he have some LE or judicial person killed?

I may have missed something but in the HLN clip with the sheriff, he mentions that one of the neighbors was out of the country when the crimes occurred. It may be possible that the killer knew that and was waiting for such an opportunity. That would depend on which neighbor it could have been.

Same neighbor as the name mix-up? I think...maybe.

If the Dermonds' killer or killers are found and truly were known by the Dermonds, either vaguely or otherwise, and within the GW/RP community, could the Dermond's children sue the HOA in a wrongful death suit?

To be able to SUCCESSFULLY sue the HOA, the Estates would have to prove, among other things, that 1) the HOA owed some sort of legal duty to the Dermonds, 2) that the HOA was negligent in carrying out its duty and 3) the breach of its duty was the proximate cause of the deaths.

While I am not aware of the specifics of Georgia law, normally the criminal act of a third party negates any negligence of another party (HOA) unless the criminal act was reasonably foreseeable.

Now when a landowner leads another to believe that the landowner has taken steps to provide a safe environment for another, and the landowner is negligent is providing that measure of safety, that can give rise to liability in some cases. Also, if a landowner has knowledge that criminals frequent his property, he may have a duty to warn, but usually not a duty to protect.

Based upon what I have read in the posts here and in the MSM, I am aware that something about the GW security was not working. The HOA, even if it undertook to provide security, probably does not have a legal duty to ensure the neighborhood is safe at all times. It probably did have a duty to warn its residents if security was down for an extended time. I believe I read somewhere that happened, but I may be wrong. Also, if it undertakes to provide security, it must do so in a reasonable manner (in other words, don't hire escaped felons as guards -- NOT SAYING IT DID, JUST AN ABSURD EXAMPLE).

Also, in order to hold someone liable for negligence, the injury that resulted must be foreseeable. Theft from unsecured property is likely foreseeable. A double murder, not committed in the course of a robbery, is most likely not foreseeable.

Finally, the damages in a wrongful death lawsuit are based upon the economic injury the survivors of the decedent have suffered. Quite bluntly, the life of a 40 year-old oncologist is worth far more than the life of an 88 year-old. The oncologist would be expected to produce significant economic benefits for his surviving spouse/family over a normal life span, while an 88 year-old is probably at the twilight of his/her economic productivity. Recovery for the emotional loss suffered by the survivors is normally not recoverable, especially where the defendant in a wrongful death suit would be a landowner on whose property the death occurred. If the actual murder(s) were sued, the family might recover under an intentional infliction of emotional distress theory due to the beheading, but this could not be a basis for liability of the HOA; only the actual murder(s).

Hope this helps.

I'm not saying I believe nuwaubians had anything to do with the Dermonds or what happened to them. I don't know who or why. Bizarre murders and bizarre cult so who knows. JMO.

I wish I could see what type of religious medallion Major is wearing with his prison uniform. Curious!

Holy (#&%#! Black supremacist. . . Surely these people are on some kind of watch list. Please Lord let them be on a watch list.

"The threat was not idle. Cult members began to publish home addresses and phone numbers of public officials and local reporters — and even photographs and information about their spouses and children, including Sills' 8-year-old son. That got the sheriff's goat.

"I've had my throat cut, my *advertiser censored* whupped, been shot and dragged by automobiles — just about everything," he says. "But I didn't want anybody messing with my kid."

It mentions the murder of 2 New Jersey women. Curious as to how they were murdered. This is only the first page. BBL!

great articles on this group!!! they came to putnam becuase York was running from investigations and crimes he'd committed in NY

they cray cray as the kids today say LOL

Dwight York is his real name. Not sure, does mugshots include pics of federal inmates?

thanks! I did find that eventually

woops still getting that virus alert

anyway, his pics not on the fed prison site but he's everywhere on the net otherwise!

The Nuwabians operate "bookstores" in about 13 towns/ cities according to a video clip on 11 alive/ NBC from Nov. 2013.
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/03/06/1955218/

I think I posted this before on earlier thread. Sweeps month on Atlanta tv.

Wonder who was on the Grand Jury? Anyway to find out?

I still think it goes back to something earlier. IMO.
There is a store in downtown Monticello which is close. Jasper County.

Holy (#&%#! Black supremacist. . . Surely these people are on some kind of watch list. Please Lord let them be on a watch list.

It mentions the murder of 2 New Jersey women. Curious as to how they were murdered. BBL!

Dwight York

beheadings?? what if !!!

BUt No watchlist that I"VE HEARD, should BE!

To each his own in religion but crimes against a person is not a religion

BTW, WHO was quoted up there about asssss whupped, Sills? I couldn't tell when I read it

To be able to SUCCESSFULLY sue the HOA, the Estates would have to prove, among other things, that 1) the HOA owed some sort of legal duty to the Dermonds, 2) that the HOA was negligent in carrying out its duty and 3) the breach of its duty was the proximate cause of the deaths.

While I am not aware of the specifics of Georgia law, normally the criminal act of a third party negates any negligence of another party (HOA) unless the criminal act was reasonably foreseeable.

Now when a landowner leads another to believe that the landowner has taken steps to provide a safe environment for another, and the landowner is negligent is providing that measure of safety, that can give rise to liability in some cases. Also, if a landowner has knowledge that criminals frequent his property, he may have a duty to warn, but usually not a duty to protect.

Based upon what I have read in the posts here and in the MSM, I am aware that something about the GW security was not working. The HOA, even if it undertook to provide security, probably does not have a legal duty to ensure the neighborhood is safe at all times. It probably did have a duty to warn its residents if security was down for an extended time. I believe I read somewhere that happened, but I may be wrong. Also, if it undertakes to provide security, it must do so in a reasonable manner (in other words, don't hire escaped felons as guards -- NOT SAYING IT DID, JUST AN ABSURD EXAMPLE).

Also, in order to hold someone liable for negligence, the injury that resulted must be foreseeable. Theft from unsecured property is likely foreseeable. A double murder, not committed in the course of a robbery, is most likely not foreseeable.

Finally, the damages in a wrongful death lawsuit are based upon the economic injury the survivors of the decedent have suffered. Quite bluntly, the life of a 40 year-old oncologist is worth far more than the life of an 88 year-old. The oncologist would be expected to produce significant economic benefits for his surviving spouse/family over a normal life span, while an 88 year-old is probably at the twilight of his/her economic productivity. Recovery for the emotional loss suffered by the survivors is normally not recoverable, especially where the defendant in a wrongful death suit would be a landowner on whose property the death occurred. If the actual murder(s) were sued, the family might recover under an intentional infliction of emotional distress theory due to the beheading, but this could not be a basis for liability of the HOA; only the actual murder(s).

Hope this helps.

Thank you very, very much. :gthanks:

No watchlist that I"VE HEARD, should BE!

To each his own in religion but crimes against a person is not a religion

WHO quoted that up there about asssss whupped, Sills? I couldn't tell when I read it

Yes, Sill says he has gotten his assss whupppped and throat cut, but he wasn't going to let anybody mess with his family referring to his 8 y/o son.

Well some here may beg to differ :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I've been living in a bubble, maybe you are too :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

people are crazy and I'm sure YOU nor anyone else has SEEN IT ALL :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

FWIW, I have NO IDEA who did this and we are all posting our thoughts and ideas.................as you seem to do too:floorlaugh:

BBM

Oh I know that.:)

Nah, as far as keeping up with true crime. I sure haven't lived in a bubble..... since I have been doing this for over three decades.

I have never seen a murder case where the retaliation was to pick out two completely innocent victims to punish one Sheriff who helped to put someone in prison over a decade ago.

Do we have other cases where that has happened before so we can compare the two cases?

If there are cases out there where it has happened before I sure would rethink my opinion.

IMO

The Nuwabians operate "bookstores" in about 13 towns/ cities according to a video clip on 11 alive/ NBC from Nov. 2013.
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/03/06/1955218/

I think I posted this before on earlier thread. Sweeps month on Atlanta tv.

Wonder who was on the Grand Jury? Anyway to find out?

I still think it goes back to something earlier. IMO.

courthouse? Or would that be protected now, it used to be available to the public way way back in the day

Dwight York is his real name. Not sure, does mugshots include pics of federal inmates?

I think I've seen inmates on Mugshots, but his isn't even on the fed site

most prisons do have the pics on the prison sites anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members