GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there gators in that lake?

We are not allowed to chat about gators (also know as the Reptile That Shall Not Be Named). But, if you go back a few threads you can search and find plenty of discussion.

The money laundering thing sounds viable, actually.

Just google restaurant franchise and money laundering to see why. Apparently, the franchise is "the new darling of money launderers". Many major chains have been used.

What if the sale of the Wendy's restaurants resulted in such a situation? It would be possible RD or his sons received stock as payment in the deal, as the purchasing company is now a publicly traded company? I'm certain I saw that someone in the Dermond family just received a degree in *accounting* at a most unusual age for going back to school. What if they noticed something off in the numbers?

I would think that the type of people who launder money might be the type of people who would like to see a head as evidence of a job done right.

Oh my goodness, at the bottom of that page there is a link to an article about a man arrested for having a severed head of a child in his home! He is a cannibal. Not in America.

Wow! Sorry I did not see that, as I was only referencing page 2 for you...
Crazy!!!

I've been busy again.....I guess no news?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just google restaurant franchise and money laundering to see why. Apparently, the franchise is "the new darling of money launderers". Many major chains have been used.

What if the sale of the Wendy's restaurants resulted in such a situation? It would be possible RD or his sons received stock as payment in the deal, as the purchasing company is now a publicly traded company? I'm certain I saw that someone in the Dermond family just received a degree in *accounting* at a most unusual age for going back to school. What if they noticed something off in the numbers?

I would think that the type of people who launder money might be the type of people who would like to see a head as evidence of a job done right.
YES you did see that, one of the brothers had a few degrees, one was accuonting, it was a media report on the family I think

No, as a wealthy married couple, you want to have one trust. Here is a link that can explain the avoidance of double taxation better than I can :)

http://wills.about.com/od/overviewoftrusts/a/abtrust.htm

Thank you so much. So, if the Dermonds have one trust, chances are the deceased's assets will transfer to the surviving spouse. But if so, the beneficiaries in this case, may or may not receive any assets until the death of the surviving spouse. Hard to say what they had planned. But depending on how much is in the trust will dictate the beneficiaries tax penalty or lack thereof. Above 10,000,000. From the way the son spoke, it would be hard to believe they have that much money in the trust. But even if it's only 3 million or 2, the beneficiaries
will not have to worry about paying tax. Just about receiving it in a timely manner. Thinking aloud.

I don't know if you noticed, but international real estate is also a biggie in money laundering.

We have a water leak and are turning the water off at the curb until the plumber gets here tomorrow. Anyway, the tool for turning the water off looks a bit like a crowbar, is about 3-4 feet long and heavy. It would be a unique weapon and one that everyone does not own.
Just thinking...

We have a water leak and are turning the water off at the curb until the plumber gets here tomorrow. Anyway, the tool for turning the water off looks a bit like a crowbar, is about 3-4 feet long and heavy. It would be a unique weapon and one that everyone does not own.
Just thinking...

Golf course maintenance workers use tools like that to turn the water on and off at the greens..

We are not allowed to chat about gators (also know as the Reptile That Shall Not Be Named). But, if you go back a few threads you can search and find plenty of discussion.

Sorry, just wondered if people beheaded them when hunting them or if it was even legal.
An excuse for a machete on a boat.
(I will delete if I need to!)

I haven't posted on this case, but I've been following it fairly close. I'm slightly familiar w/ the NC as well as other cult/gang factions due to being from the Tri-State area. I've spent some time working Vice and Security Threat Group (gang unit) before moving on to the Major Crimes Div.

Strictly MOO. I have, from the onset, always thought this is an Israel Keyes type killer(s). This is mostly gut, but also a little bit of an experience viewpoint. Sometimes I/we get caught up in trying to theorize/investigate very specific details while straying from the big picture. Occasionally this can lead us to spending too much time going down the wrong path. IMO, I don't see the decapitation as being a significant indicator in the "who dunnit". Again, this is strictly MOO, and it stems from my belief that this was not "personal", but more "random". "Random", in the sense that it was a "kill to kill" crime.

I believe the person(s) have done it before, had a fairly calculated plan, spent enough time learning the area and the Dermond's & their patterns. I'm not completely certain if it was 1 or 2 individuals. MO is it was 1, but if a 2nd was involved, they weren't a very "active" participant. MO is that they were eyes/ears, surveillance, muscle, clean-up, etc. I'd also say the person(s) live/work in LO, or are a friend/relative of one. Or was previously.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of Sills. Educated, experienced, hard-nosed and old school while current at the same time.

You guys/gals have some great discussion going on.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome J Block!! :balloons:
Thanks for your very insightful post. I am glad you are not giving much creedence to the cult angle.
It wouldn't surprise me if a "new" SK is on the loose in GA. I have followed IK some, but not extensively. He was methodical and studied his victims behavior. He also was also aware of forensics and CSI procedures,imo. I can definitely see the similarities.
Good to have you here. :wagon5:

I can't believe that the Nuwaubians are being implicated here. Their leader has been in prison for ages, and they've never been tied to any murders. Waste of time to consider them at all, much less "at the top of the suspect list" (as per your previous post), Foxfire. And I don't think this is a humorous subject, so, just my opinion, I don't find your 'moor' for 'more' funny or appropriate.

For reference on the group (and not trying to defend them -- it's just that this isn't their sort of business):

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

ITA with your entire post. We even have a detective here who doesn't put much stock in the whole cult theory. Also, I find the Moor reference especially offensive. Just saying.

I can't believe that the Nuwaubians are being implicated here. Their leader has been in prison for ages, and they've never been tied to any murders. Waste of time to consider them at all, much less "at the top of the suspect list" (as per your previous post), Foxfire. And I don't think this is a humorous subject, so, just my opinion, I don't find your 'moor' for 'more' funny or appropriate.

For reference on the group (and not trying to defend them -- it's just that this isn't their sort of business):

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

IYOs, Montjoy & Suthrnqt...

'For those who believe no proof is necessary, and for those who disbelieve, no proof is possible'.. quote by Stuart Chase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB