GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just wondered if people beheaded them when hunting them or if it was even legal.
An excuse for a machete on a boat.
(I will delete if I need to!)

Oh, no! You don't have to delete your question!! I'm sorry if I sounded bossy! Actually, your question is very appropriate! Awhile back we had discussed a gator as a potential perpetrator! I guess it got redundant so we were asked not to keep "going there". But, your question is different. I think there was some debate about it but the most likely answer, I think, is that there are not gators in Lake Oconee. But, I think it is pretty close to their range, so there certainly could be hunters in the area who have hunted gators, maybe a little further south.

Is it just me or has it been eerily quiet as far as news on the case goes?

I don't know if you noticed, but international real estate is also a biggie in money laundering.

We have a water leak and are turning the water off at the curb until the plumber gets here tomorrow. Anyway, the tool for turning the water off looks a bit like a crowbar, is about 3-4 feet long and heavy. It would be a unique weapon and one that everyone does not own.
Just thinking...

It was the plumber, in the garage, with the water meter key!

I sure hope an arrest is around the corner.

I do too, but I have a bad feeling that it's not. I'm thinking.
"Untouchables"
Sad but true $$$$ does make a difference in a court of law.
IMO this is a circumstancial case at best.
No arrest is going to be made until they have more proof.
As long as the perp or perps don't start wagging their tongues and don't commit any more crimes/murder, they are good ta go.
Moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I can't believe that the Nuwaubians are being implicated here. Their leader has been in prison for ages, and they've never been tied to any murders. Waste of time to consider them at all, much less "at the top of the suspect list" (as per your previous post), Foxfire. And I don't think this is a humorous subject, so, just my opinion, I don't find your 'moor' for 'more' funny or appropriate.

For reference on the group (and not trying to defend them -- it's just that this isn't their sort of business):

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

This IS A Discusuin BoArd r With Varying Possibilities in Regards ITo The perpetrator

Where HaS The Investigation Taken The Le Most Recently,?

We Dont Have Enough Evidence On Anything I dont Think And Not Sure Le Does

How Can There Be An Arrest?

Where HaS The Investigation Taken The Le Most Recently,?

We Dont Have Enough Evidence On Anything I dont Think And Not Sure Le Does

How Can There Be An Arrest?

You said it.
Nuthin.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I just cannot see your average professional (doctor, lawyer, CEO) working five days a week and living a in million-dollar home in Atlanta with another million-dollar home on Lake Oconee killing two elderly people over a weekend. The stakes had to be really high!

Good Morning Everyone!:seeya:

I've mostly just been reading.

Unfortunately though amassing wealth or prestige doesn't prevent wealthy people from murdering.

Now of course we have seen those like Tokars and Sullivan (both high profile Georgia cases) who hired hit men to murder their wives. Both of them had millions but that never stopped them from spearheading a murder plot against someone. They both knew the risk but the need to murder overrode those risks.

Then we have seen others who fit this category who do the actual murders themselves...from Dr. Grieneder to retired NASA scientist Morengello and murders done by very successful lawyers, among others who were successful, wealthy and professionals.

So I don't think the fact that the killer may be wealthy and prominent precludes them from doing the murder themselves. They may have been aware of the Tokars and Sullivan case and knew hiring a hit man comes with great risks. The hit men in both of these case is what sent Tokars and Sullivan to prison on death row.

They may be of the mentality if someone else knows about the murders then it isn't really a secret anymore. But if they murder alone as long as they don't get caught no one knows about it but them.

IMO

IYOs, Montjoy & Suthrnqt...

'For those who believe no proof is necessary, and for those who disbelieve, no proof is possible'.. quote by Stuart Chase...

Thank you Foxfire. Great quote! :loveyou:

It was the plumber, in the garage, with the water meter key!

Totally plausible! The plumber would likely be someone the Dermonds knew or at least expecting and open their door to the plumber and a water meter key is definitely a unique weapon and heavy enough to wield major damage to a person's head.

I beg to differ. I posted a link earlier that linked the Nuwaubians to the murder of two New Jersey women and they did have weapons. Sheriff Sills attempted to drive onto the compound at one point and was confronted by two Nuwaubians wielding two .99 semi-automatic guns. They are a "hate" group. Hate to me is equivelant to being able to murder someone. Where did all of them go when their "leader" was sent to prison ? Hmm? They didn't all go back to New York. I'd bet money some of them hung around and tried assimilate back into Eatonton society. There was a book store run by a Nuwabian dude who admitted to the reported that yes they did worship Dwight York. This was November/December 2013. So they're still around. There were also two of Nuwaubians convicted of armed robbery and that's not a little offense either - serious felony. I'm not saying "THEY" did this either, but in reading their blog they were still referencing Sheriff Sills in a post dated April 28, 2014. Sheriff Sills commented about damage done at the Courthouse and on the blog there is a picture of huge tree blown over by some serious wind. The trunk is merely splinters. The post below the picture of the courthouse and damaged tree is a quote by Sills that says "thankfully no one was hurt or killed." The response below the picture is: It reads "Well it's not the end of the day yet is it." Less than a week later the Dermonds are found murdered. I don't think we are breaking TOS sleuthing the Nuwaubians and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I enjoy reading EVERYONE'S posts and to poo-poo one person's opinion when no one knows anything more than the next poster is disheartening. First we couldn't talk about gators and next I guess we can't speculate regarding the nuwaubians. Love you all, but if I find an article that links these "nuwaubian cult members" to a beheading I'm going to post it. :truce:

Morning,

I admit I haven't read all that much about the NC but I do see it posted that they were 'linked' to two murders in NJ.

If they were linked then were they ever arrested and charged for those murders?

How were they linked? Was it just because these two women belonged to the cult?

If the police had linkage then why weren't they ever arrested or were they?

I don't pay much mind to the comment under the tree picture. It would be obvious they would like nothing better than a tree to fall right on Sills head since he put their leader in prison. It seems to me since there seems to be so many of them then why not lay in wait and murder Sills? That would sure stop Sills in his tracks.

thanks

The latest article I could find.....dated May 25,
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/c...apitation-mystery-sheriff-seeks-savage-killer

Decapitation mystery

"Sills said he has been working such long hours that at times he has lost track of days.

A hometown boy, he likened the probe’s plodding nature to “plowing hard ground at Rockville with a dull point and a slow mule.”

Even so, he said, “there are things that we’ve found out that I can’t elaborate
on."

"Sills has narrowed the timeline to a 24-hour window between that Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon."

Asked what kind of person or people may be responsible for the killings, Sills said, “I would say it was a particularly brutal savage that did this. Whether he did it as a result of self-preservation or he did it as a result of just pure meanness, it takes a certain level of depravity to throw an 87-year-old woman in the lake and cut off the head of an 88-year-old man.”

“Most crimes are solved by somebody telling somebody something,” Sills said. “Somebody knows about this, and we want them to call us and tell us.”

Sheriff Sills should write an autobiography. Oh, the tales he could tell. . .

I sure hope an arrest is around the corner.

I mentioned weekend before last I had a nagging feeling this case is growing cold.

I still have that same feeling.

I would love nothing better than to be wrong though.

Maybe there is a lot going on behind the scene that we don't know about.

Now I do feel positive that Sills is still on the case and working it hard. He will not stop working on it and will have investigators assigned to this case for quite awhile. He knows how important this case is to the community at large.

Unfortunately about 35% of homicide cases do remain unsolved though. I just hope these murders aren't among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twitchhiker