GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to ask you if you live in town or out from the city. ty

Right outside city limits of a town with a population of about 2,000. I'm 150 miles south of Dallas/Ft Worth and 150 miles (give or take) north of Houston. I'm about 50 miles from where they caught Alaska's serial killer, Israel Keyes (Lufkin, Texas) and I'm about 40 or so miles from a State Mental Hospital, Rusk, Texas where Andrea Yates was sent after drowning her 5 children. Say a prayer for me.

I had to get gas yesterday and I didn't forget to pay, but as soon as it was through. I put the pump handle back in place and jumped in my car - looking for any potential sliders !!!!! Thank you FoxFire. Forgot my receipt, but I had forgotten to punch the button to say no receipt so I had to circle back around and see if the pump had closed my transaction and no one else would be able to get gas on my card.

Then the day before at the post office I had to get a change-of-address card for my dad and the person in the post office had given me the wrong kind of card. I was back outside getting in my car and this strange woman approached my window and motioned for me to roll my window down. When she saw the card and said I'll mail that for you. I said no I have to put a stamp on it. She said oh give it to me I'll put a stamp on it for you. I just no thanks and rolled my window back up. Who does that? Maybe she was doing a pay it forward kindness act, but I don't trust nobody. That was weird, weird, weird! :doorhide:

I hope my smilies don't offend anyone. That is certainly not my intent. :blushing: I try to use them judiciously and sometimes they do help convey my emotions.

Glad to hear you beefed up your security, Bootsctr. Better to lock the barn, before the horse is stolen! :twocents:

IMHO

Yes, thank you! You bet your boots I will!! We take horse thieving pretty seriously too! You can still get shot stealing somebody's horses. We had some horse thieves in this area a year or so ago. Stealing them and carrying them to Mexico to sell for the horse meat trade. :mad:

I'll take snakes and wild animals any day over a whacked out meth head or meth heads. Snakes are more afraid of humans and do go out their way to avoid humans. Just my experience. Crack heads aren't scared of nothing.

I would too Bootsie and that is saying a lot for me since I have a phobia of snakes of any kind and live slap dab in a rural area.:floorlaugh: We keep our place neatly mowed but part of our property is heavily wooded on the backside. It has brought all sorts of animals into our yard from a herd of deer to raccoons, possums etc. We now have a fence up in the back but left the wooded area open.

But about 6 years ago someone dropped three abandoned kittens off so we adopted them and since then we haven't seen one snake. At one time the neighbor next to us had a holding pond and he even had a gator in it. He had the DNR come and take the gator to a park here.

I don't know anything about meth heads except what I read on message boards but I sure wouldn't ever want them close to my house. After I have read about Holly Bobo and the meth heads that kidnapped and murdered the poor young woman it has scared the crap out of me.

We have a security alarm and cameras in place outside our home but I just lock my heavy exit storm doors during the day. I always have my gun hidden close by where I could retrieve it before they could even break in the door to get to me.

If anyone breaks in on us they will wish they hadn't. No way am I just going to be a victim without fighting back first. These kind of people are really cowards anyway. They don't mind hurting others but they damn sure care if they get hurt. Usually people that have someone break in don't even have to shoot the suspect. Most of the time just pointing the weapon at them is enough to scare them off or firing the shot close to them but not hitting them. Although I am an ace shot so if they push it they will see how well I CAN shoot.:D

Just a safety idea that might work for some. Snopes may disagree, but in an apartment setting or perhaps a college town SURE seems like a great idea!
KEEP YOUR KEYS BY THE BED
http://www.crimestoppersatlantic.com/main/newsitems/carkeys.asp

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

I can't thank you enough for posting this! I am doing this tonight!
Cameras - check.
Keys by the bed - check.
Motion detectors - check.
Dog - check.
GUNS - check

Thank you gnger~snap!

NOTHING My Phone, Pardon Any MisspellingZ, Hard Too TypeSometimes

Anyway, ToTake His Head But Not Hers Could Mean The PErp Had The Problem WithHim, Maybe Trying To Get Info Out Of Her And Whether Did OutDidn't, She Was A Witness Afterwards
Maybe He Had BeenIntoSomethingREcently OrA Few Years Ago,
I Guess Because He Was RetireD Doesn't Mean He WasDoing NOTHING

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD

BBM, Outrageous criminal acts are not reasonable.

I do not see this grandmother & grandfather, living out their golden years, rather quietly & graciously, doing anything to anger someone so much to cause murderous rage. All I have read, points to their being respected & living in harmony with family & neighbors.... But my thoughts are based on legal, moral, ethical & socially-acceptable actions.

Also, I balk at the idea of retaliation for long-ago business deal that went bad. Hasn't Mr D been out of the corporate world for many years? On the other hand, someone who would attack, kill & dismember doesn't think the way I think.

All along, I have expected the perp to be a nutcase in the neighborhood who went off the deep end or a wholly random person(s), thrill kill type thing. When Sheriff Sills makes the announcement of arrest(s), I think we will all be thinking "Why? This makes zero sense."

One would have expected robbery to be part of this horrific crime. Minus that, we are looking everywhere. Of course the investigation must check family, neighbors, other associations, business dealings, even the infamous Eatonton cult connection. I think sometimes we over-think possibilities & come up with a script for a really bad tv movie.

NOTHING My Phone, Pardon Any MisspellingZ, Hard Too TypeSometimes

Anyway, ToTake His Head But Not Hers Could Mean The PErp Had The Problem WithHim, Maybe Trying To Get Info Out Of Her And Whether Did OutDidn't, She Was A Witness Afterwards
Maybe He Had BeenIntoSomethingREcently OrA Few Years Ago,
I Guess Because He Was RetireD Doesn't Mean He WasDoing NOTHING

JUST THINKING OUT LOUD

Typing with all caps is the equivalent of shouting, fyi.

TheyVAre Looking At What Happened , The Beheading, That Drives TheiR Thoughts
I AM SomewhAt Local And Do NOT gEt luilled Into A False Sense Of Security Thinking It Was Just Something Personal Against The Dermonds, Could Be Some Mental Case, Drugs Or Thrill Kill
Agree, it seems only natural that locals would believe the murders were done to the D's for a reason - such as listed above. As long as LE is not "defining" their suspected perp, it's natural for folks to think it would be nothing that could target them (local people). That thinking gives more comfort at home and is like a self defense mechanism.

I too worked in this field and you are so very right.!! We saw the dirty underbelly of society. Both the obviously disturbed as well as those that seem normal until something flips their switch. An example is the family that killed mean old Dad/Grandpa and buried him in the tomato patch in the back yard in south Georgia.

I hope something/anything (that will not hurt the investigation/arrest) will be released soon.

Typing with all caps is the equivalent of shouting, fyi.

What Are You Talking About? Caps Stress A Word For Emphasis, Ididnt TypeAll Caps, Sinew Pple offend At A CApped Word iguess AndSimiles

It's Friday the 13th and a full moon, which won't happen for another 49 years at the same time according one of my friends. Hopefully the hoodlums will stay home tonight.

And it's Father's Day Sunday. Hoping the extended Dermond family is coping as best they can.My dad died of old age at 99. Can't imagine how tough Sunday will be for them.

It's Friday the 13th and a full moon, which won't happen for another 49 years at the same time according one of my friends. Hopefully the hoodlums will stay home tonight.

And it's Father's Day Sunday. Hoping the extended Dermond family is coping as best they can.My dad died of old age at 99. Can't imagine how tough Sunday will be for them.

For the family, not being able to celebrate Mother's Day, Russell's birthday and Father's Day is So Sad!!!!

I hope there's more info released by Sheriff Sills soon.
I feel for the Dermond family and friends.
IMOO.

Right outside city limits of a town with a population of about 2,000. I'm 150 miles south of Dallas/Ft Worth and 150 miles (give or take) north of Houston. I'm about 50 miles from where they caught Alaska's serial killer, Israel Keyes (Lufkin, Texas) and I'm about 40 or so miles from a State Mental Hospital, Rusk, Texas where Andrea Yates was sent after drowning her 5 children. Say a prayer for me.

I had to get gas yesterday and I didn't forget to pay, but as soon as it was through. I put the pump handle back in place and jumped in my car - looking for any potential sliders !!!!! Thank you FoxFire. Forgot my receipt, but I had forgotten to punch the button to say no receipt so I had to circle back around and see if the pump had closed my transaction and no one else would be able to get gas on my card.

Then the day before at the post office I had to get a change-of-address card for my dad and the person in the post office had given me the wrong kind of card. I was back outside getting in my car and this strange woman approached my window and motioned for me to roll my window down. When she saw the card and said I'll mail that for you. I said no I have to put a stamp on it. She said oh give it to me I'll put a stamp on it for you. I just no thanks and rolled my window back up. Who does that? Maybe she was doing a pay it forward kindness act, but I don't trust nobody. That was weird, weird, weird! :doorhide:

I hope my smilies don't offend anyone. That is certainly not my intent. :blushing: I try to use them judiciously and sometimes they do help convey my emotions.

That is weird. BTW--I think we might be neighbors. :) I am off I-20 East. 60 miles west of Shreveport. I moved here from Dallas and I appreciate all your country-isms and observations. I am getting used to it. My Post Office is in the Hallmark store along with the pharmacy. One stop does it all.

Back to the Dermond case. I wish we had some news. Most quiet case I think I have seen on WS. jmo :seeya:

For the family, not being able to celebrate Mother's Day, Russell's birthday and Father's Day is So Sad!!!!
I THINK <caps to stress I think but not sure, not yelling...
Mrs.D had a July bday?
so sad.

Oh next Friday 13th full moon
August 13 2049.
Is just 35 years away lol...
please tell me it.is 2014 and not still 2000! lol.

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

That is weird. BTW--I think we might be neighbors. :) I am off I-20 East. 60 miles west of Shreveport. I moved here from Dallas and I appreciate all your country-isms and observations. I am getting used to it. My Post Office is in the Hallmark store along with the pharmacy. One stop does it all.

Back to the Dermond case. I wish we had some news. Most quiet case I think I have seen on WS. jmo :seeya:

Susan Jacobson case from Roseville, California, is to me, the quietest case on WS.
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member