GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW, they ARE in Eatonton.....................and ATL and other states !! Thanks!

tomkat, The NC are scattered between many cities in GA and beyond. Most are congregated in Dekalb/Atlanta and Athens, GA. Cult leader DY fathered as many as 100 illegitimate children and had as many as 500 devoted followers..

I follow the crimewriter for The Athens Banner; Joe Johnson. He has a very good article about gangs in Athens. Athens is 50 miles from RP/GW.

Gangs in Athens by Joe Johnson
http://joescrimescoops.blogspot.com/2010/03/gangs-in-athens.html

Joe Johnson FB - Crimewriter Athens Banner
https://www.facebook.com/JoeJohnsonABH

NO, please re read my posts, but the bridge club ladies don't know squat, LOL, as do any of us really

Have you ever heard a story that floored you, you never would have expected it in a million Years!? Well, we just never know and I'm open to many scenarios, IDK

I have posted several scenarios and stated much that is what is being thought out there so don't misquote me

Aw but that's where we differ. I believe thos close to Mrs. D would have an idea if anything at all was amiss.

Perhaps you have never been in a ladies club with long time friends. Heck we knew everything about each other and the kids and travels and just about everything.

Ladies let their guard down there.

Perhaps there was nothing to tell. Heck who knows?

I can't name but recall cases where investigators went in the wrong direction, probably becuase they just didnt' think it was so, or thought it WAS a certain way

Sills is following the facts but at some point dont' you have to be creative

The case on ID channel last night started out just like this one, there were no breakins, no robbery, no clues, someone finally called in after 4 months and it was linked to a backpack found in the alleyway, who was the killer

The reason they found it was that they had run out of leads, so the lead detective started putting together scenarios and he was right in the end, it was a mental patient

the backpack that was in the alleyway, was linked to a tipster who described the guy with a backpack, and lead right back to the mental patient who was released and had not taken meds

it was interesting, 4 months, but they found him

I agree wholeheartedly with you. I have never thought this lovely couple were involved in any type of illegal activity. There are some weird, sick people out there, imo. I base that on my 20+ yrs of working in the prison system. I tend to see this crime being committed by a sick, evil person. Not a hit; Mafia related or drug cartel. Nope. This was personal and the perp(s) were full of anger, rage, hate and discontent towards the D's, imo. I have no idea what set off the perp(s). And sometimes, there is no reason why, imo. Evil does exist and it lives among us, jmo.

MOO

I agree, but the rage may not have been against the Dermonds personally, but the world in general.

Except that most of us follow a lot of crimes, it's difficult for normal people to comprehend how someone can be so evil. Rational minds will never understand.

I am beginning to be ashamed to live in Tennessee,lol....twitter is reporting a guy around Nashville,Tn, murdered a woman, beheaded her and removed more parts of her body and then..............ate some of the body parts.

My God what evil times we are living in.:tantrum:

:sheesh: I understand nana46 I live in Fla! :scared: It's such scary times I watch so many true crime shows on tv and will tell my husband how scary it is because most of these murderers look so… normal… it's frightening really. I cannot even cut a whole chicken because cutting through the bone gives me the heebie jeebies so to do these kinds of things to another human being that someone loves is unfathomable and then to eat body parts?? :notgood:

Aw but that's where we differ. I believe thos close to Mrs. D would have an idea if anything at all was amiss.

Perhaps you have never been in a ladies club with long time friends. Heck we knew everything about each other and the kids and travels and just about everything.

Ladies let their guard down there.

Perhaps there was nothing to tell. Heck who knows?

maybe they did, maybe they didn't, I've got longtime friends whom I tell everything to, but others not so much

If anyone has a secret or doesn't gossip, then they won't tell much to anyone, just have acquainenances and superficial friendly

we differ in that I am being open minded, please re read my posts to understand me better

I do respect your opinion, we should all respect others opinions and open mindedness

Thanks Hunnybuns !

I agree, but the rage may not have been against the Dermonds personally, but the world in general.

Except that most of us follow a lot of crimes, it's difficult for normal people to comprehend how someone can be so evil. Rational minds will never understand.

Good thought

Treelights, I would be interested to know whether SD or RD served on any juries over the last decade, and if so which ones...

From your linked MSM article, it states that Sheriff Sills was contacted by a psychic that offered a sketch of the unknown suspect/s;

Irony; GBI Sketch artist Marla Larson, at times utilized psychics to assist in preparing sketches of unknown suspects.

Jun 15, 2013 - The state's first forensic sketch artist extraordinaire; Marla Lawson, has retired from the GBI... For 17 years with the GBI and almost 17 years with the Atlanta Police ..

http://www.cbs46.com/story/22462075/georgias-first-forensic-artist-set-to-retire-friday

BBM
Good thought!

I would like to know this answer also...and if either of them was the jury foreman.

In past years I advised college students not to make statements to media about certain criminals. Those criminals most likely would be let out of prison one day and the student certainly did not want them coming after a them. You never know how vindictive someone can be.

TRUE THAT !! We can know it happens but never understand ! We here are probably more paranoid than most :scared:

tomkat, The NC are scattered between many cities in GA and beyond. Most are congregated in Dekalb/Atlanta and Athens, GA. Cult leader DY fathered as many as 100 illegitimate children and had as many as 500 devoted followers..

I follow the crimewriter for The Athens Banner; Joe Johnson. He has a very good article about gangs in Athens. Athens is 50 miles from RP/GW.

Gangs in Athens by Joe Johnson
http://joescrimescoops.blogspot.com/2010/03/gangs-in-athens.html

Joe Johnson FB - Crimewriter Athens Banner
https://www.facebook.com/JoeJohnsonABH

Yeah I'll read up on that

what about Augusta, it's all right there together

Also, where did I see 300 offspring? That's freakin crazy! They trying to take over the world it seems

still thinking about that white couple too, that left Augusta and moved to KY, THEY SAID......4 months ago that they left Augusta, it's an hour from RP also

Ok, I'm paranoid now LOL

BBM
Good thought!

I would like to know this answer also...and if either of them was the jury foreman.

In past years I advised college students not to make statements to media about certain criminals. Those criminals most likely would be let out of prison one day and the student certainly did not want them coming after a them. You never know how vindictive someone can be.

OH wow, yes, my friend on the police force said there are death threats from gangs out on the Police force in middle ga, said they get that alot

they need raises !

Yeah I'll read up on that

what about Augusta, it's all right there together

Also, where did I see 300 offspring? That's freakin crazy! They trying to take over the world it seems

still thinking about that white couple too, that left Augusta and moved to KY, THEY SAID......4 months ago that they left Augusta, it's an hour from RP also

Ok, I'm paranoid now LOL

More Augusta gangs affiliating with national groups
http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/c...more-augusta-gangs-affliating-national-groups

http://aug-cdn.com/sites/default/files/0722AugustaGangs.pdf
PDF]
Where Augusta's gangs operate
aug-cdn.com/sites/default/files/0722AugustaGangs.pdf
D Bounty Hunter Bloods-b. E 23rd Street, aka. Georgia Deadly Boys-b. F Meadowbrook Clique. G Harrisburg Gang, aka. Burg Gang-b

Absolutely. I agree. Evil minds are just 'wired' differently, imo. I don't pretend to understand evil, I just know it exists. KWIM?

But if you want to rage against the world, like the two in Vegas who murdered the cops and civilian, why not go to a public place - like a mall, university campus, sporting event,and wreak havoc. Why rage against two random senior citizens?

I still think it was VERY personal and rage from the past past.Personal rage.Personal vendetta.
Or wrong house, wrong folks.

The General Time thing could get interesting...after the war was the Cold War.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

Why would someone wait years...decades...for some type of retaliation against an elderly couple? I still don't think it was mafia, cult, or anything complicated. To me, Mr. D. made someone very angry...could've been over a disagreement about monies paid for some type of repair or service..and Mrs. D. was a witness. Mean and angry people don't have to have a reason for their actions.

Why would someone wait years...decades...for some type of retaliation against an elderly couple? I still don't think it was mafia, cult, or anything complicated. To me, Mr. D. made someone very angry...could've been over a disagreement about monies paid for some type of repair or service..and Mrs. D. was a witness. Mean and angry people don't have to have a reason for their actions.

or maybe no time limit either

but who would kill an elderly couple over getting angry either?

somebody killed them

But if you want to rage against the world, like the two in Vegas who murdered the cops and civilian, why not go to a public place - like a mall, university campus, sporting event,and wreak havoc. Why rage against two random senior citizens?

I still think it was VERY personal and rage from the past past.Personal rage.Personal vendetta.
Or wrong house, wrong folks.

The General Time thing could get interesting...after the war was the Cold War.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

BBM, Outrageous criminal acts are not reasonable.

I do not see this grandmother & grandfather, living out their golden years, rather quietly & graciously, doing anything to anger someone so much to cause murderous rage. All I have read, points to their being respected & living in harmony with family & neighbors.... But my thoughts are based on legal, moral, ethical & socially-acceptable actions.

Also, I balk at the idea of retaliation for long-ago business deal that went bad. Hasn't Mr D been out of the corporate world for many years? On the other hand, someone who would attack, kill & dismember doesn't think the way I think.

All along, I have expected the perp to be a nutcase in the neighborhood who went off the deep end or a wholly random person(s), thrill kill type thing. When Sheriff Sills makes the announcement of arrest(s), I think we will all be thinking "Why? This makes zero sense."

One would have expected robbery to be part of this horrific crime. Minus that, we are looking everywhere. Of course the investigation must check family, neighbors, other associations, business dealings, even the infamous Eatonton cult connection. I think sometimes we over-think possibilities & come up with a script for a really bad tv movie.

http://http://http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising/general-time-corp-winds-down-49611

I did not know General Time Corp.(Westclox, Seth Thomas and Spartus brands) was based in Norcross at the time it went bankrupt and had a plant in Athens for 40+ years. I guess that is how the Ds got to Atlanta originally. Company went bankrupt in 2001 and closed plant in Athens. Salton bought the brands,etc.. Attached article from Adweek.

"From 1942 to 1945 Westclox dedicated its production resources to the war effort..." From Wikipedia under Westclox.

Perhaps it was their wealth that got them killed?

Somebody wanted it, needed it, took it, was jealous of it.

Isn't there something about 'follow the money'?

That's about all I can come up with today.

I, too, don't think the Dermonds did anything to cause their deaths. However, there are those among us who don't think rationally, and might take great offense at something normal people would consider trivial. Maybe that's another definition of insane, but I was a social worker for many years, and it's surprising what nuts will do if they think they've been wronged. What was done to the Dermonds is offensive to me, and I continue to pray this case be solved soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper