GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The potential lead the sheriff’s office is investigating came from a phone call late last week, Sills said. He would not discuss additional details about the investigation.

Sills and sheriff’s detectives spent June 5 in the state crime lab, he said, meeting “with at least eight different criminalists.”

He said they had a “long discussion about our forensic evidence – what they had done so far, what they could do, what they needed.”

“It was a productive meeting,” Sills said.

Sills said among the evidence that has been examined are hundreds of fingerprints and hair and tissue samples.

http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_7a795c98-f19a-11e3-8038-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

as to the BBM phone tip seems plausible. We shall see if following the lead bears that out. What seems plausible does not always translate into credible once facts are checked.

UBM as with any case, forensic evidence is gathered. How many, if any, of the prints hair and tissue samples turn out to be related to the crime itself remains to be seen.

MOO IMO JMO etc.

this is the busy work of the investigation. Running down leads, checking out the things gathered at the scene to see what if anything is related to the crime. It may lead to something useful. It may not.

I am pleased they were at state crime lab meeting with criminalists and getting their input on what should be happening.

lakeoconee, how long have the 54 homes been under construction? Builders don't show up one day and begin building homes. There are weeks or months of planning involved before construction begins; contracts, permit applications, financing, etc. My guess would be that many of these homes broke ground in the spring before the tragic Dermond murders occurred. Many of the homes are likely spec houses, imo..

lakeoconee, there is a dark cloud lingering over RP/GW, which will continue until this heinous crime is solved and the unknown suspects brought to justice. It is imperative that all investigative resources be utilized by Sheriff Howard Sills, to insure this result, imo.

Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones, we have nothing...

I don't believe any houses are spec. Of course they have been in the works for a while. But there is absolutely no panic.

Not trying to sleuth family members, but their extremely low profile is noted locally . No public statements. No participation in the reward fund.

I can't find ANYONE who believes it isnt' cartel or mafia ! Drugs or money is usally at the root of what gets you beheaded isn't it?

Anyway, thrill kill maybe

Just curious about why they are thinking drugs or cartel? Is it just the beheading that makes them think that?

I myself don't see it like that. They wouldn't move them around like that.

Boom, boom and gone.

I think it would be a bloody mess and mafia types don't clean up after they kill!

Sills thinks it has nothing to do with a hit. He doesn't believe it has anything to do with the mafia or a cartel.

I agree with Sills.

I know you don't, I am not agreeing or disagreeing, just saying what MOST PEOPLE ARE THINKING, not sure how so many can be so wrong though, and Sills has "plausible" leads with big "ifs" so he says

Just curious about why they are thinking drugs or cartel? Is it just the beheading that makes them think that?

I myself don't see it like that. They wouldn't move them around like that.

Boom, boom and gone.

I think it would be a bloody mess and mafia types don't clean up after they kill!

Okay first, no robbery, second, they get paid tons for a hit, third, the beheading, fourth, she was a witness

I dont' hear the same as you about mafia or cartel

And do we know they cleaned Up? I mean I knwo the house was clean, there was blood in garage, they didnt' clean that up

Just saying, I mean I'm torn between several scenarios, but it does happen and it makes sense, with those who are less obvious

it would be a GREAT coverup IF TRUE !! IMO

I don't believe any houses are spec. Of course they have been in the works for a while. But there is absolutely no panic.

Not trying to sleuth family members, but their extremely low profile is noted locally . No public statements. No participation in the reward fund.

Good Morning!

Have mostly been reading and thinking about this horrendous crime. Don't want to be known as a drive by poster!

To me, the overkill was very personal. A hit is usually done quickly, so to eliminate the victim. There were numerous steps in this crime.

Still believe that LE should be looking at those closest to the Dermonds. Still so many questions...:twocents:

IMHO

Wonder what happened, if anything, to the court order?

Also, wonder what's taking them out of state and county?

<BBM for Focus>

Nuwaubian Cult connection? Retribution... Too many parallels and coincidences to ignore, imo..

Regarding the beheading of Mr Dermond. I watched the 2 hour Dateline special last night, &#8220;The People vs. O.J. Simpson: What The Jury Never Heard&#8221;. During the show, they said that Nicole Brown Simpson was nearly beheaded due to the tremendous amount of force and rage during her killing...calling it a "Rage Kill". I guess that I hadn't heard that bit of information before or maybe I just didn't remember it.

It made me think about Mr Dermond and began wondering if perhaps him being beheaded was not so much an intentional act to decapitate him, but more due to a tremendous amount of force and rage against him?

It is far easier for the general public to believe this elderly couple were heinously murdered through some wrong doing of their own (ie. money laundering, drug cartels, mafia connecting, etc) rather than face the fact that the world, even an insular and exclusive one, is a dangerous and scary place where you can suffer horribly through no wrongdoing of your own.

A BIG FAT :cow:

Wonder what happened, if anything, to the court order?

Also, wonder what's taking them out of state and county?

This was so long ago but the fact it was in print made me think about it...
This is about Russell...
"He served in the Navy in the mid-1940s and went to work for General Time Corp., where he was director of what might now be called information services, data processing. His job sent him on trips across the country and abroad."

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-05-10/decapitation-mystery-they-didnt-deserve

Maybe LE is checking up on other places that Russell went to when he worked for General Time Corp, even though it was such a Long time ago?
Just throwing out ideas....
IMOO.

<BBM for Focus>

Nuwaubian Cult connection? Retribution... Too many parallels and coincidences to ignore, imo..

WOW, they ARE in Eatonton.....................and ATL and other states !! Thanks!

This was so long ago but the fact it was in print made me think about it...
This is about Russell...
"He served in the Navy in the mid-1940s and went to work for General Time Corp., where he was director of what might now be called information services, data processing. His job sent him on trips across the country and abroad."

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-05-10/decapitation-mystery-they-didnt-deserve

Maybe LE is checking up on other places that Russell went to when he worked for General Time Corp, even though it was such a Long time ago?
Just throwing out ideas....
IMOO.

Treelights, I would be interested to know whether SD or RD served on any juries over the last decade, and if so which ones...

From your linked MSM article, it states that Sheriff Sills was contacted by a psychic that offered a sketch of the unknown suspect/s;

Irony; GBI Sketch artist Marla Larson, at times utilized psychics to assist in preparing sketches of unknown suspects.

Jun 15, 2013 - The state's first forensic sketch artist extraordinaire; Marla Lawson, has retired from the GBI... For 17 years with the GBI and almost 17 years with the Atlanta Police ..

http://www.cbs46.com/story/22462075/georgias-first-forensic-artist-set-to-retire-friday

Regarding the beheading of Mr Dermond. I watched the 2 hour Dateline special last night, &#8220;The People vs. O.J. Simpson: What The Jury Never Heard&#8221;. During the show, they said that Nicole Brown Simpson was nearly beheaded due to the tremendous amount of force and rage during her killing...calling it a "Rage Kill". I guess that I hadn't heard that bit of information before or maybe I just didn't remember it.

It made me think about Mr Dermond and began wondering if perhaps him being beheaded was not so much an intentional act to decapitate him, but more due to a tremendous amount of force and rage against him?

My, that would be some kind of force wouldn't it? That's terribel (corrected I do know how to spell LOL) TERRIBLE about NBSimpson

But they took the head.. ?? Confusing! If we were murderers, I guess we'd know why! Of course we don't have ALL the facts either I suppose

It is far easier for the general public to believe this elderly couple were heinously murdered through some wrong doing of their own (ie. money laundering, drug cartels, mafia connecting, etc) rather than face the fact that the world, even an insular and exclusive one, is a dangerous and scary place where you can suffer horribly through no wrongdoing of your own.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. I have never thought this lovely couple were involved in any type of illegal activity. There are some weird, sick people out there, imo. I base that on my 20+ yrs of working in the prison system. I tend to see this crime being committed by a sick, evil person. Not a hit; Mafia related or drug cartel. Nope. This was personal and the perp(s) were full of anger, rage, hate and discontent towards the D's, imo. I have no idea what set off the perp(s). And sometimes, there is no reason why, imo. Evil does exist and it lives among us, jmo.

MOO

Okay first, no robbery, second, they get paid tons for a hit, third, the beheading, fourth, she was a witness

I dont' hear the same as you about mafia or cartel

And do we know they cleaned Up? I mean I knwo the house was clean, there was blood in garage, they didnt' clean that up

Just saying, I mean I'm torn between several scenarios, but it does happen and it makes sense, with those who are less obvious

it would be a GREAT coverup IF TRUE !! IMO

So you think mafia tomkat? Well I will say again...ask the bridge club girls. They would know if the Dermonds had out of town company other than family and they would know if the Dermonds traveled to visit non families and they would know a whole lot about the Dermonds.

I hope Sheriff Sills gave them that same questionaire he gave the RC residents. He might just get lucky. Women love to 'tell'. But they DON'T phone in tips...no way.

MOO

WELL I"m sure they have NOT all the facts, just like us here at WS, they are looking at the ONLY FACTS given, as I'm sure there is more, we are no smarter or are no more privy to information than the general public

WE ARE the general public

But I"m sure we all know there are crazy people out there, the fact is, the head was taken, that is the big thing that is driving most people to think that it's mafia cartel laundering etc, from what I'm hearing

I'm not blaming the D's, just as everyone else, trying to put together a scenario with the little facts we have

Being murdered in any fashion, is senseless and to have gone this way is just horrendous, no matter, no one deserves this

Regarding the beheading of Mr Dermond. I watched the 2 hour Dateline special last night, “The People vs. O.J. Simpson: What The Jury Never Heard”. During the show, they said that Nicole Brown Simpson was nearly beheaded due to the tremendous amount of force and rage during her killing...calling it a "Rage Kill". I guess that I hadn't heard that bit of information before or maybe I just didn't remember it.

Never thought of that before but it makes a lot of sense. A fight between the two and then a witness in Mrs. D.

Have to think about that for a while. Who could have such hate and rage?

So you think mafia tomkat? Well I will say again...ask the bridge club girls. They would know if the Dermonds had out of town company other than family and they would know if the Dermonds traveled to visit non families and they would know a whole lot about the Dermonds.

I hope Sheriff Sills gave them that same questionaire he gave the RC residents. He might just get lucky. Women love to 'tell'. But they DON'T phone in tips...no way.

MOO

NO, please re read my posts, but the bridge club ladies don't know squat, LOL, as do any of us really

Have you ever heard a story that floored you, you never would have expected it in a million Years!? Well, we just never know and I'm open to many scenarios, IDK

I have posted several scenarios and stated much that is what is being thought out there so don't misquote me

Well that's true and it's the reason I have been kind of stuck on this being an Austin Sigg type of person living in the neighborhood.

It will be interesting with all of our ideas...who called it right.

Never thought of that before but it makes a lot of sense. A fight between the two and then a witness in Mrs. D.

Have to think about that for a while. Who could have such hate and rage?

AND that was someone that knew her, not a psycho killer, not a thrill killer, not mafia, not laundering, but there were signs of abuse all along

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper