GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I was under the impression that some posts were hinting that possibly the Dermonds' son (who was murdered) wasn't actually dead, but rather, that HE was in the witness protection program.

Yeah I vaguely remember something like that

ANd do you recall the mugshot or prison photo was of the wrong guy of a different race online instead of Mark D?

Yeah I vaguely remember something like that

ANd do you recall the mugshot or prison photo was of the wrong guy of a different race online instead of Mark D?

Sorry, Tomkat... I don't remember that. But, I certainly wish I could if only to repay you for helping to back me up on the outside stairs (and a possible theory) last night!

What stumps me is:

" Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills told the paper Tuesday that he is operating on the assumption that Shirley and Russell Dermond "were at least minimally acquainted with whoever did this."

"That's an assumption, coupled with some physical evidence," Sills continued. "
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-elderly-georgia-couple-likely-knew-killers-sheriff-says/

Sheriff Sills is assuming the Dermonds knew them, and with some evidence (maybe the unlocked front door or no signs of struggle or ransom note) is maybe what supports his assumption?
What other evidence could there be to support that?
The article does use the word "assumption."
What if it was really was someone they did not know and they were targeted, and it was the wrong house?
An assumption is just that, assuming.....
IMOO.
What the heck is Sills REALLY saying? What if the killer was some psycho
freak who went to the wrong house?

I tell you this sheriff has no clue who committed this crime.

Sorry, Tomkat... I don't remember that. But, I certainly wish I could if only to repay you for helping to back me up on the outside stairs (and a possible theory) last night!

You may have come in after that came up, but thanks for trying !!

AND If I hadn't seen those stairs you posted and one thing lead to another, I might have never had that scenario, so....... thank YOU!

That was weird about the photo though, dont' know if it ever got corrected or if ever meant to be corrected

I work with a guy who feared for his life after a drug deal gone bad, someone stole the money he collected for his boss

He went into witness protection, turned them in, still a nark today and does speaking engagements to young school kids, in the war against drugs

My guess".......
Drugs or money. Which is why the beheading of this grandfather makes no sense to me.

I can't find ANYONE who believes it isnt' cartel or mafia ! Drugs or money is usally at the root of what gets you beheaded isn't it?

Anyway, thrill kill maybe

Hence the reward he is promoting which he's never done in his 40 years

Hmmm... I was under the impression that some posts were hinting that possibly the Dermonds' son (who was murdered) wasn't actually dead, but rather, that HE was in the witness protection program.
No facts to back it up, but I was told, by a criminal professional that if someone is put in witness protection they do not stay in the US and are not allowed to return ever.
IOW they can't have a passport.
ETA:He also said,
This is after testimony at or just before trial or if they were an informant. This would be for big deals not street crimes..
He said also ENGLISH speaking countries.

I have no idea if true.
moo

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

HMM, the coroner is assuming that RD died from cranial cerebral trauma
(based on certain information)

Sills is assuming that the D's were atleast acquainted with their attacker (based on certain information)

lots of assuming

maybe should have said, "leads me to believe" or "points us in this direction in the investigation"

No facts to back it up, but I was told, by a criminal professional that if someone if put in witness protection they do not stay in the US and are not allowed to return ever.
IOW they can't have a passport.
I have no idea if true.
moo

Maybe in.............EUROPE

Maybe in.............EUROPE
Canada , Bahamas, South Africa....
He also said the gov doesn't hive them a free ride. They are expected to work and earn their own money etc.
They get help for a limited time but that's all I got.

what kind of secret gets you beheaded? Thanks

A high stakes secret that will send someone to federal prison...like a Ponzi...a white collar crime. I don't think for one minute Mr\Mrs D or their sons/daughter have anything to do with illegal drugs. But they may have had some knowledge about a financial crime and were killed before authorities found out the info.

My guess".......
Drugs or money. Which is why the beheading of this grandfather makes no sense to me.

Cherie. T, there are other motives for decapitating, even grandfathers. Meredith Emerson, Cheryl Dunlap, and 81 year old John Bryant(NC 10-2007) were all decapitated by Gary Hilton. Reason given by GMH, was to prevent forensics detection. Imo, it was simply due to fulfill his evil fantasy/s. Many escalated ritual sexual predators/SKs such as Bundy, were head collectors and dismembered to relive their crimes.

http://crime.about.com/od/current/a/hilton.htm

Also the Horrific TN crime a few days ago did not involve drugs or money.

New York Daily News ‎- 8 hours ago
A Satanic worshiper in Tennessee killed, dismembered and ate a woman he had just met in a disturbing ritualistic murder, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/tenn-man-killed-dismembered-ate-woman-police-article-1.1824786

Canada , Bahamas, South Africa....
He also said the gov doesn't hive them a free ride. They are expected to work and earn their own money etc.
They get help for a limited time but that's all I got.

hmm, he was in canada for a while, a LOOOONG time ago

D's went to Europe in 2011? speculating

Do these types usually enter the homes of their victims or stalk them out on the streets? Because they are easy targets on the streets, like prostitues, and tend to have no one that would miss them?

It doesnt' seem D's were THAT easy a target being in RP, elderly and rich, nothing stolen, we know of, being in their own home, just seems like soemthing more to me, IDK

Cherie. T, there are other motives for decapitating, even grandfathers. Meredith Emerson, Cheryl Dunlap, and 81 year old John Bryant(NC 10-2007) were all decapitated by Gary Hilton. Reason given by GMH, was to prevent forensics detection. Imo, it was simply due to fulfill his evil fantasy/s. Many escalated ritual sexual predators/SKs such as Bundy, were head collectors and dismembered to relive their crimes.

http://crime.about.com/od/current/a/hilton.htm

Also the Horrific TN crime a few days ago did not involve drugs or money.

New York Daily News ‎- 8 hours ago
A Satanic worshiper in Tennessee killed, dismembered and ate a woman he had just met in a disturbing ritualistic murder, police said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/tenn-man-killed-dismembered-ate-woman-police-article-1.1824786

A high stakes secret that will send someone to federal prison...like a Ponzi...a white collar crime. I don't think for one minute Mr\Mrs D or their sons/daughter have anything to do with illegal drugs. But they may have had some knowledge about a financial crime and were killed before authorities found out the info.

I just dont' know, thanks for the info, could very well be.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston