GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any of the locals weigh in on hunting around LO? Is it common to hear gunshots?

I really can't believe the killer took the head to hide a bullet. If Mr. D was shot anywhere on or near the lake it would be so loud! And I'd imagine police would have gotten lots of calls about it.

Not in a gated community, Peppery...imo
I live in a gated community in north GA. It is against POA rules to fire a weapon inside the gates. Although there have been incidences where residences have been caught shooting bears and other wildlife from their decks.. But, most were prosecuted..

Can any of the locals weigh in on hunting around LO? Is it common to hear gunshots?

I really can't believe the killer took the head to hide a bullet. If Mr. D was shot anywhere on or near the lake it would be so loud! And I'd imagine police would have gotten lots of calls about it.

I don't know about GW. I know there is hunting in the area because we were eating at a restaurant near the village, not too long ago, when a DNR ranger came in and told he had been out investigating a hunting fatality. The road to GW and the area outside the village is what I would call very rural so I'm sure there are people hunting all around there.

As clever as this killer is I am sure he used some kind of silencer on his gun if that was the weapon used. There was no loud boom! MOO

Who (which company) picks up the trash in RP and GW? Waste Management? Robertson? The county? Maybe someone working the trash/landfill - bulldozing, raking, found something in the trash?
Where is the landfill for Putnam County? Greene County?

Were the helicopters flying near a landfill yesterday?

As clever as this killer is I am sure he used some kind of silencer on his gun if that was the weapon used. There was no loud boom! MOO

Also, I don't know about LO but at our place on Sinclair, you hear loud bangs quite often. I think most of the time they are fireworks but I'm not sure I'd know the difference between gunshots and fireworks.

Ok, I have reread the breaking news article closely and this time I noticed the most important thing said that I totally missed.

Sills said among the evidence they have is tissue samples.

So the court order today was to take a DNA profile from someone in order to obtain their DNA profile. IMO The call he received was to tell him they have a profile of the murderer, imo.

That would mean they have tissue samples of the suspect.

Meaning, IMO, the suspect was most likely scratched by one or both of the victims and under their nails the ME was able to retrieved tissue which belongs to the suspect. Now they need to find a match.

IMO

Who (which company) picks up the trash in RP and GW? Waste Management? Robertson? The county? Maybe someone working the trash/landfill - bulldozing, raking, found something in the trash?
Where is the landfill for Putnam County? Greene County?

Were the helicopters flying near a landfill yesterday?
IIRC, the Putnam landfill would be closer to the Sinclair side. Quite a few convenience centers in the county though.

Maybe whoever's fingerprints they found in the house weren't on record. But is it possible LE cleaned up the scene completely, redusted with fingerprint powder and turned the house back to the family?

Did they then redust for fingerprints after the funerals? (A few days ago when Sills mentioned he was back in the house?)

Maybe the call was the crime lab to say they got a partial match so they assembled eight experts to analyze it before they made any major moves.

Ok, I have reread the breaking news article closely and this time I noticed the most important thing said that I totally missed.

Sills said among the evidence they have is tissue samples.

So the court order today was to take a DNA profile from someone in order to obtain their DNA profile. IMO The call he received was to tell him they have a profile of the murderer, imo.

That would mean they have tissue samples of the suspect.

Meaning, IMO, the suspect was most likely scratched by one or both of the victims and under their nails the ME was able to retrieved tissue which belongs to the suspect. Now they need to find a match.

IMO

Dang, you're good.

Now weave the recent tip into this. Or is the tip the discovery of the tissue?

Also, I don't know about LO but at our place on Sinclair, you hear loud bangs quite often. I think most of the time they are fireworks but I'm not sure I'd know the difference between gunshots and fireworks.

At our lakehouse some of the good old boys would stand on their piers and shoot their guns into the sky after downing a few too many late at night.

There are a few like that on most lakes. With that said perhaps not in this exclusive gated community. I donno!

I do know that a gun fired makes a very loud noise over a lake!

You are right. Lake people seem to have fireworks all year long!

Maybe they got one a few days ago that they remembered that there was a loud noise one night that "they didn't think much about at the time, but just wanted them to know about." Sometimes it's the delayed tips that solve a crime. It's kinda like the old saying "you always find something the last place you look." You always solve the crime from the last tip, and they don't all come in immediately. Just like a jigsaw puzzle.....you know it's the Eiffel Tower, you just got to get all those last pieces to fit.

Litig8ter, you have to collect the dots before you can connect the dots..
In many high profile cases, due to the influx of tips, many times the most important tips are overlooked due to various reasons. A couple of many, many examples where the most pertinent tips were simply overlooked by investigators;

'Angels & Demons' (FL) (1st Case whhere Billboards were used in a missing/murdered investigation 1992)
http://www.pulitzer.org/archives/7892

Elizabeth Collins & lyric Cook abduction/murders
http://www.kwwl.com/story/22671327/2013/06/24/evansdale

Dang, you're good.

Now weave the recent tip into this.

Aww, what a lovely compliment especially coming from you Litg&ter.:blushing: Thank you very much.

I am just coming back on line. I am not sure what you mean by recent tip? You mean the phone call that Sills said he received?

imo

So the big companies don't come in and pick up trash? You have to go to the landfill?

I would think RP does have some type of pick-up service. We don't have a service because we are just weekenders so we just drop our trash off at one of the convenience centers on the way out on Sundays. I know there is one that services our part of the county because I have seen the name printed on the containers. I can't remember the name though...

Aww, what a lovely compliment especially coming from you Litg&ter.:blushing: Thank you very much.

I am just coming back on line. I am not sure what you mean by recent tip? You mean the phone call that Sills said he received?

imo

That's it. The one he said (paraphrasing) could be a big one IF ....

The whole thing is awful but was wondering about wire or fishing line

The original article said there was ONE CLEAN CUT maybe a second to cut the bone

Think about that, if a machete or sword goes thru, it wil cut the bone maybe but if not, it won't cut the other side of the neck

if something was circling his neck, it would go thru to the bone all the way around, stop at the bone, then you have to cut the bone

UUUHH, I worry myself that i could think this up LOL

There isn't any bones in a neck, other than the small vertebrae at the top of the spine that connects base of skull. I can't see that it would take much force to put someone's neck onto a block, give it a good swing and remove the head at the neck in one swing. The neck is just muscle and soft tissue.

Are we to *advertiser censored* ume it is possible that a certain house is being watched?

For this person to seemingly have gone to such precise planning, it does not seem plausible that he would be stupid enough to use the internet to convey one word of this crime! IMO. So, that makes me doubt that Sills is getting a search warrant for computer records of any type.

For Sills to make this announcement, it has to be something stronger, bigger, IF it does turn out to be positive. IMO

Plausible = seeming reasonable or probable. New American Oxford Dictionary

Alaskan serial killer Israel Keyes, not only monitored the internet, but also posted on various forums... 'Times, they are a changin', 1&2&3..

FBI gets more tips about serial killer Israel Keyes ...
www.adn.com/.../fbi-gets-tips-about-late-alaska.ht...
Anchorage Daily News
Jan 1, 2014 - FBI gets more tips about serial killer Israel Keyes ... While in Texas, Keyes made repeated bank withdrawals using a debit card he stole from Koenig. ... able to find any information up on the Internet

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/20/dark-minds-israel-keyes_n_4999240.html

I, too, think the beheading was primarily for shock value...and it worked, didn't it? So much anger directed towards two elderly people, but I can't imagine why and why now?
What type of information could the Dermonds have to share that would make anyone so angry?

I believe the beheading was a result of extreme anger towards Mr. D. But like you, I can't even imagine that much anger being aimed at this wonderful couple. By all accounts, the D's were considered nice people. Both were still active in the community and they were living the dream. The age factor is what really gets to me. Who could have so much hate for octogenarians? It just makes me so sad. :cry: All the above is :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB