GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also where there is an incline, carting items for the boat gets pretty darn tiresome quickly!

The thing that catches my eye from these pictures is there are no handrails on the steps. It appears the walk just stops at the steps and lacks a wider area to turn the golf cart around. Truthfully, it looks a bit dangerous IMO.

They were late 60's when they moved here, so a railing by the steps seems like it would have been a necessity. Perhaps there was one which rotted so it was taken down and not replaced as the Dermonds no longer used the dock. Now why the couch is still there, it is anyone's guess. :dunno:

I think that's a bench storage seat, LOL, not a couch, it does look like one !

This is what I heard. Lol.

Just a little while ago, this afternoon, we were on the Putnam County Sheriff's Office boat, just feet from the Dermond's dock and the crime scene, where apparently investigators recovered some potentially useful evidence over the past several weeks.

I took it to mean - we're just feet from the dock AND the crime scene where some potential evidence has been recovered.

:moo:

Lots of gambling does go on. At the country club we belonged to in Dallas there were always poker games going on in the men's locker room after a day of golfing. One night 3 masked men broke in. There was over 100.000.00 on the table. They also made the men take off their clothes and line up in front of the lockers. Their jewelry, and wallets were all taken. While they were lined up with facing the lockers gun fire broke out. They all thought they were being shot one by one, but as it turned out the police had arrived on the scene. One robber was shot in the hallway and one on the 18th green. One got away. Very prominent citizens were in on the game, but that night they were just glad they were alive. People in Dallas still talk about it and the games continued to take place. Money, money money. jmo

I brought up gambling but I didn't mean to imply any wrongdoing on the Dermond's part at all. They are victims as are the family. It was the following statement from the Sheriff that had me entertaining gambling and other things but yes money money money! Interesting how Sheriff Sills just threw extortion in the mix.

Asked about why the killings may have happened, he said the Dermonds “were probably targeted because of something that they had or something people thought they had. ... Or some sort of extortion that didn’t go through.”

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/news...apitation-mystery-sheriff-seeks-savage-killer

Also where there is an incline, carting items for the boat gets pretty darn tiresome quickly!

The thing that catches my eye from these pictures is there are no handrails on the steps. It appears the walk just stops at the steps and lacks a wider area to turn the golf cart around. Truthfully, it looks a bit dangerous IMO.

They were late 60's when they moved here, so a railing by the steps seems like it would have been a necessity. Perhaps there was one which rotted so it was taken down and not replaced as the Dermonds no longer used the dock. Now why the couch is still there, it is anyone's guess. :dunno:

I can't believe there isn't a handrail on those steps. Maybe someone was in the process of removing and replacing it...

Perhaps that could be 'someone' who was in contact with the Dermonds recently.

It could explain why a red flag wouldn't be raised if someone pulled up at their dock on the day in question...might also explain how they could enter later in a van or truck without drawing anyone's attention. And probably direct access to the Dermond's garage if they were working with wood and tools...

Maybe RD went down to the dock to see how they were progressing. SD, in the yard gardening, walks down with her flower pot (which may be the Styrofoam kind that is very light) that has her gardening tools, seed packets, etc. in it. She sets it down a few steps from the dock, and walks toward the boat, ....

I am sure the HOA dictates what type of lifts can be installed. This one holds
13,000 lbs. It wouldn't even need to attach to the awning.

http://www.boatliftus.com/images/fullsize/13k-4-piling-lift.jpg

All posts are my opinion only. Sent via Tapatalk

Just looked at the "premiere" Lake Oconee dock builder...

The hydraulic boat lifts on the website look just like RD's and they have the exact cover for sale as well. I think it said 1000-1500 lbs. is enough for most boats on the lake.

I brought up gambling but I didn't mean to imply any wrongdoing on the Dermond's part at all. They are victims as are the family. It was the following statement from the Sheriff that had me entertaining gambling and other things but yes money money money! Interesting how Sheriff Sills just threw extortion in the mix.

Asked about why the killings may have happened, he said the Dermonds “were probably targeted because of something that they had or something people thought they had. ... Or some sort of extortion that didn’t go through.”

http://m.chronicle.augusta.com/news...apitation-mystery-sheriff-seeks-savage-killer

That post really had nothing to do with the Dermonds. Please go back and read the post I was commenting on. ty

Just looked at the "premiere" Lake Oconee dock builder...

The hydraulic boat lifts on the website look just like RD's and they have the exact cover for sale as well. I think it said 1000-1500 lbs. is enough for most boats on the lake.

Are we thinking the hydraulic boat lift was used to decapitate Mr. Dermond?

This is what I heard. Lol.

Just a little while ago, this afternoon, we were on the Putnam County Sheriff's Office boat, just feet from the Dermond's dock and the crime scene, where apparently investigators recovered some potentially useful evidence over the past several weeks.

I took it to mean - we're just feet from the dock AND the crime scene where some potential evidence has been recovered.

hahaha! I KNOW, everyone gets a different interpretation, I did pause the video and what I posted is what he SAID, but that and what he MEANT may be two different things

I am sure the HOA dictates what type of lifts can be installed. This one holds
13,000 lbs. It wouldn't even need to attach to the awning.

http://www.boatliftus.com/images/fullsize/13k-4-piling-lift.jpg

right, not cables to lift the boat like most, D's is more like a "portable" lift, maybe hydraulics like you mentioned, they're purchased and installed, they aren't constructed like many docks are with cable at the ceiling to LIFT the boat

Just gave me an eiree feeling when I saw the video of the boat winch. A powerful force. Don't know what to think at this point.

the video showed the boat being lowered by cables, D's doesn't have that cable, was pondering a hanging or decapitation with cable

It has cables, but I was thinking more like pinched in between metal. I'd have to see one in person. I'm not convinced what harm it might cause. We know he was already dead. Could he have been hung?
Just trying to think of new ideas based on the last few days comments by Sherrif Sills.
moo

Is it like this?
Boat Lifts - YouTube

http://www.jensenakins.com/docks_lifts.html

I just don't know why I never thought about it before. This was from early on like May 8-9th.
Could that decapitate someone? I can't tell if cables or hydraulic... I don't know anything about them.

y8uza9ah.jpg

It looks to be mounted from above so cable pulleys?

Moo, in my experience that looks like an air lift. It floats the boat by pumping air into ballast type thingys (Like my worldly vocabulary :floorlaugh:) that are below the waterline... it doesn't have overhead cables.

For some folks in their 50's and 60's... carting the coolers and drinks and ice down to the dock for weekend parties is a beotch for sure! :angel: When you live atthelake, a boat isn't necessary to enjoy and party at the dock iykwim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper